STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ROI]: Phone Call to United States Department of Defense

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted
Michael Smith the Irish Minister of Defence at the Irish Department of Defence would give a phone call to his counterpart in the United States from his office. This being after the Irish government had decided to lend a hand to Haiti but was lacking a means to get peace keepers over. Minister Smith thus waited for a pickup.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private​

John Glass, the Secretary of Defense, picked up the phone on a secure line at his office in the Pentagon. "This is Glass," he said, before puffing out smoke from a half finished the cigar. Glass was sitting behind his desk with his jacket off and his sleeves rolled up. He was reviewing several different options given to him by his team for an American intervention in the disaster in Haiti.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Hello Mr. Glass. This is Michael Smith." He said adjusting in his seat after the call was picked up."I'm calling about the situation in Haiti. My government wants to help, by sending peace keepers and supplies but lacks the means to do so. Would your government be willing to help us in this endeavor by transporting our men via your airforce or navy?"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private​

"Minister Smith," Glass said, and then took another puff of his cigar. "It's funny that you mention the situation in Haiti. I am reviewing some options that my office is going to present to the President," he said.

"This decision will ultimately be up to President Gore, but I'm happy that you called. The Federal Government is still waiting to hear back from the Acting Prime Minister in Haiti, but our plan right now is to send in 4,000 to 5,000 Marines, with a further deployment after we can secure the port in Port-au Prince. If we send 5,000 Marines, we can bring 277 of your troops via ship; if we only send 4,000 Marines we would be willing to bring a thousand of your troops, by sea. I think that our plan would be to fly your troops in by helicopter once we have the port secure.

"What do you think?" he asked.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private/Encrypted

"Well, if President Gore approves then this is a plan we can agree to as well and work with you on. We would prefer to include a thousand of our troops, but understand that there will be a desire to include more Marines. Regardless of the number, we would appreciate being able to lend a hand. Assuming that either variation of the plan goes forward we would have our troops cooperate with yours in this peace keeping mission. We can establish a headquarters in Port-au Prince to direct our efforts in rendering aid to Haiti."

"Outside of providing food, supplies, and security to the people of Haiti we should in my opinion help with the restoration of basic infrastructure and services such as power for example."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private​

"There are also other options... Once we can confirm that the Canadians have taken hold of the airport in Port au-Prince, or that we have, it would be much easier to simply fly troops into Haiti, even if it was on chartered civilian airliners. At this time, we are simply waiting to hear back from the Canadian and Haitian governments so that we can make more clear logistical plans," he said.

HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
Private

"With so many nations volunteering to help Haiti should we perhaps go to the GA and call for an official GA peace keeping action? Get as many hands on deck as possible. But, I do believe that Ireland, the United States, and Canada can handle the situation with our combined resources."

Odinson