STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

RTÉ News and Current Affairs

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
1600900075834.png

1600900474684.png

Channel 61

RTÉ News and Current Affairs (Irish: Nuacht agus Cúrsaí Reatha RTÉ), is the national news service provided by Irish public broadcaster Raidió Teilifís Éireann. Its services include local, national, European and international news, investigative journalism and current affairs programming for RTÉ television, radio, online, podcasts, on-demand and for independent Irish language public broadcaster TG4. It is the largest and most popular news source in Ireland – with 77% of the Irish public regarding it as their main source of both Irish and international news. It broadcasts in English, Irish and Irish Sign Language. The organisation is also a source of commentary on current affairs. The division is based at the RTÉ Television Centre in Donnybrook, Dublin; however, the station also operates regional bureaux across Ireland and the world.

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

Cainéal 61
[English Subtitle Translation]

Channel 61

Tráthnóna maith agus fáilte roimh Nuacht RTÉ, inniu an 15 Iúil 1997, tá an t-am faoi láthair 5:00 P.M. Cory O'Donnell is ainm dom agus liomsa inniu is é an Comh-Ancaire Mary Gillian.

Good evening and welcome to RTÉ News, today is July 15th 1997, time is currently 5:00 P.M. My name is Cory O'Donnell and with me today is Co-Anchor Mary Gillian.

Tugann scéal an lae inniu sinn go Cill Airne áit a raibh Arm Poblachtach na hÉireann ag áitiú. Tá caingean míleata údaraithe ag an Uachtarán Barrett i gcoinne an IRA. Ordaíodh do shaighdiúirí an 11ú Cathlán Coisithe atá suite cóngarach dóibh dul i mbun poist ina raibh na Gardaí uair. Tá mion-scliúchais briste in aice le hAbhann Deenagh agus Abhainn Flesk, amach le Caisleán Ross a bhí Arm Poblachtach na hÉireann ag úsáid mar dhaingean. Mar is ceart anois níl aon bhealach isteach i gCill Airne. Tá an tArm ag atreorú an tráchta go léir. Gabhadh duine ar bith a rinne iarracht Cill Airne a fhágáil agus tugadh go dtí áit anaithnid é. Tá preas á choinneáil taobh amuigh de Chill Airne. Is féidir linn anois tú a thabhairt beo chuig ár gcomhfhreagraí ar an talamh. Rebecca cad atá ag tarlú amuigh ansin?

Todays story brings us to Killarney where the Irish Republican Army has been occupying. President Barrett has authorized military action against the IRA. Soldiers of the 11th Infantry Battalion stationed near by have been ordered to take up positions where the Gardaí once were. Minor skirmishes have broken out near the River Deenagh and the River Flesk, out by Ross Castle which the Irish Republican Army has been using as a stronghold. As of right now there is no way into Killarney. The Army has been diverting all traffic. Anyone attempting to leave Killarney has been apprehended and taken to an unknown location. Press are being kept outside of Killarney. We can now take you live to our correspondent on the ground. Rebecca what is happening out there?

1605476376338.png
Tráthnóna maith Cory agus Mary, táim i mo sheasamh taobh amuigh de sheicphointe míleata díreach taobh amuigh den N72. Tharla troid ó am go chéile, agus níor tuairiscíodh aon díobhálacha. Aon uair a dhúnann na saighdiúirí an baile nó Caisleán Ross, osclaítear an IRA trí thine, rud a dhéanann na saighdiúirí mar chúiteamh. Gach uair a thiteann na Saighdiúirí ar ais go dtí an baracáid seo. I rith an lae bhí baill an IRA le feiceáil i líne na gcrann ag bogadh thart. Is cosúil go bhfuil raidhfilí stíl mhíleata armtha acu, mar a fheictear san íomhá ar an scáileán anseo:

Good Evening Cory and Mary, I am standing outside of a military checkpoint just outside of N72.
Sporadic fighting has occurred, with no injuries reporting. Whenever the soldiers get to close to the town or Ross Castle, the IRA opens fire, which in return so do the soldiers. Each time the Soldiers fall back to this barricade. Throughout the day IRA members could be seen in the tree line moving about. They appear to be armed with military style rifles, as seen by the image on the screen here:

1605476475814.png

Thóg ceann de na ceamaraí an grianghraf seo timpeall meán lae, tá an chuma ar an íomhá go bhfuil sé doiléir toisc go raibh air zúmáil isteach. Tá an cás aimsir agus is cosúil nach bhfuil ceachtar taobh sásta an chéad aistriú a dhéanamh. Tá imní mhór ar an Arm faoi na saoránaigh áitiúla atá gafa laistigh den bhaile. Seo Rebecca Maloney le Channel 61 RTÉ News, ar ais chugat Cory agus Mary.

This photo was taken around noon by one of our camera's, the image appears blurry due to having to zoom in. The situation is tense and it appears neither side is willing to make the first move. The Army is highly concerned for the local civillians trapped inside the town. This has been
Rebecca Maloney with Channel 61 RTÉ News, back to you Cory and Mary.

Rudaí scanrúil go deimhin, beimid ag clúdach an scéil seo ag gach uair an chloig den lá, mar sin coinnigh súil air.

Scary stuff indeed, we will be covering this story at all hours of the day, so stay tuned.
[commercials]

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020

Cainéal 61

Channel 61

Ag Tuairisciú Beo, seo Rebecca Maloney. Is é an t-am áitiúil reatha ná 0100 uair, rinneadh barrage mór airtléire díreach in Oirdheisceart Chill Airne. Dírítear na babhtaí ar shiúl ón mbaile agus isteach sna línte adhmaid. Chuaigh umair ag rolladh anuas orainn tar éis do na sliogáin stopadh ag bualadh. Agus na tancanna ag druidim le seicphointí Arm Poblachtach na hÉireann d’fhéadfá dul i gceannas ar ghunnaí.

Reporting Live, this is Rebecca Maloney. Current local time is 0100 hrs, a large barrage of artillery was performed just the South East of Killarney. The rounds where targeted away from the town and into the wood lines. Tanks went rolling past us after the shells stopped hitting. As the tanks approached the checkpoints of the Irish Republican Army you could head gun shots.

1605576564672.png
Go luath tar éis do Shaighdiúirí na hÉireann dul ag stealladh isteach i gCill Airne agus isteach sa líne adhmaid soir. Is féidir gunnaí a chloisteáil gar don choill. Táimid ag leanúint na Saighdiúirí Éireannacha ag dul isteach go Cill Airne faoi láthair. Tá siad ag ciceáil doirse oscailte agus tá roinnt áiteanna cónaithe ag macalla le gunnaí. Féadfaidh na híomhánna seo a bheith grafach:

Soon after Irish Soldiers went pouring into Killarney and into the wood line to the east. Gunshots can be heard close by in the woods. We are currently following the Irish Soldiers going into Killarney. They are kicking open doors and some residences are echoing with gunshots. Warning these images may be graphic:

1605577139562.png
1605577294713.png
1605577434037.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien