STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[RUS]: Message to the United States

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
122px-Mikhail_Gorbachev_Vancouver_March_1993.jpg

Private, Encrypted, Protected​
To: Bill Clinton, President, United States of America
CC:

Greetings,

As you no doubt know not to long ago a military coup occurred in Moscow, the Yeltsin Administration was arrested and are currently being held as prisoners. While I have been critical of Yeltsin, and his policies this backslide to the jaws of authoritarianism cannot be tolerated. We are at risk of seeing all the good and progress that has been done destroyed. Yes, Yeltsin made terrible mistakes, throwing us into poverty with Stalin like reforms, and even went behind my back to dissolve the Union. He also oversaw the failure of the conflict in Chechnya. But of the two, options, Democracy is the better option.

I message you in hopes that the United States will help in this dire time. Not to approach with a hands-off approach, but rather to influence the outcome of this mess. The Ukrainians themselves have seemingly even backpedaled, the idea of reforming the Soviet Union may even come up. Violence on a mass scale in imminent, and if it is to be avoided I need help. There are many in the military either opposed to this, or on the fence.

I have a proposal, a compromise that should address the failures of the past. The creation of a Union State of Russia and Ukraine, and a decrease in the powers of President of Russia that was established in 1993. A new set of economic reforms that will build on, and not destroy. But pressure is needed, and civil unrest and protest are required. I foresee great consequences if this coup manages to sink its roots into Russia.

Mikhail Gorbachev, Politician, Russian Federation

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Subject: RE:
Recipient: Mikhail Gorbachev, Politician, Russian Federation
CC: N.A
Mr Gorbachev,

Forgive me, but I am not sure what you are asking for the US to do?

Bill Clinton, President of the United States of America

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

CC:

Greetings,

I am asking the US to show support for a counter movement that is pro democracy. The United States in the past has shown support and applied pressure with the deployment of carrier strike groups. If enough pressure is applied I can step in and negotiate a compromise.

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Mr Gorbachev,

That is a difficult one.. you were a Soviet politician until a few years ago. How do I know you're not trying to lure the US into a trap?

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

CC:

Greetings,

Because if it was a trap then it would be a bad one that would only serve to destabilize Russia even further. The military is fractured, and thus putting ourselves are war with the US in this current state? Well, it is clear to see it would not end well. Common sense dictates it is in my best interest to not put the US into such a trap.

However, that same mind set is more then likely not lost on those that initiated the coup. If pressure is applied, then it will bring them to the negotiating table rather then risk a foolish and pointless war. We can win this, with a show of force, solidarity, and then a rebuilding of friendship.

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Mr Gorbachev,

Do you have contact with any pro-democratic forces in Russia?

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

CC:

President Clinton,

Yes, as I am aware the 4th Air and Air Defence Forces Army and 20th Army are primarily Pro Democracy. They I believe will not react well to Ukrainian intervention. However, it is obvious that both communist forces want a return to Soviet Control, which when I was forced out of office I would of wanted. However, I do not think a recreation of the Soviet Union is the best way forward. A more democratic Union State or Economic Zone would be better for both nations then a recreation of the Soviet Union. However, that is a topic to be discussed at the negotiating table when we force them to come to it. Regardless, if the Hard Line communists succeed in Moscow, then you can expect a massive Stalin like purge of the government, and a massive attempt to reverse the multiculturalism that we had succeeded. In general, they will rule through violence, fear, and repression. This cannot be allowed to pass.

The safest bet, and the bet that will send the best message will be to go to the Black Sea as planned.

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Mr Gorbachev,

Whilst we support the return of Democracy to Russia, we can't support the idea of a union state between Ukraine and Russia. We are not willing to put our military in the line to force this to happen.

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

CC:

President Clinton,

Of course, I completely understand. But, there is no need to force anything to happen. It would be entirely Democratic. It is entirely obvious the Communists are going to attempt to reform the Soviet Union, and bring back all of his archaic and draconian ways to force it back together. So much good that has been done, will be undone at the end of a firing line. Yeltsin made a back door deal with the Ukraine and multiple other countries during the Coup Attempt, which dissolved the Union. I was of course, less then happy with this as I made rather clear back then. However, the Ukraine has returned to Communism, the same system which beat down their people, and grinded them into the dirt. We should give the people a Democratic Alternative to the Soviet Union, one that is not ruled by secret policy and shadow councils, but rather the will of the people and democracy.

A Union State like this would be modeled closely on the European Union of the past. The powers more in the countries themselves, then the organisation. This Democratic Alternative to what the Communists of both Russia and Ukraine want would give them what they want, as well as freeing the people. A bargaining chip greater then no other, but in the end, it will come down to if the people actually want it.

The first most important step, is bringing the Communists to the negotiation table. Then we can see if they are even truly open to the idea. I would also like to say this, if you help us in this trying time, I can guarantee the support and friendship of Russia in the future.

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Mr Gorbachev,

We will help you. However, in the future, if a democratic Russia tries to force its ideals and force a Union state with Ukraine - or any of its neighbours. It will be in our interest to defend that nation - with force is need be.

@HeadlessSeeker

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018

CC:

Greetings,

Rest assured, there will be no forcing of ideas on anyone. That is what this is all about isn't it? To prevent them from being able to do that. I am not your enemy, the Russian people are not your enemy. These hardliners and authoritarians are your enemy. While I would greatly like to see a Democratic Union State formed, if the Ukrainians do not wish for it, then it is simply out of my hands.

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Encrypted/Private

Mr Gorbachev,

Can you tell me if there are any naval forces that support the return of Democracy, that are stationed within the Black Sea?

@HeadlessSeeker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II