STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

San Marino News - The Republic Newspaper

Luna

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2020
1920px-Flag_of_San_Marino.svg.png

The Republic Newspaper

Luna

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2020
Luna Angelis and Giovanni Moretti Elected Captains Regent

26c5942ea16e6f0cab1f2be3445eeb1e.jpg
Giuliano_Gozi.jpg

State photographs of Luna Angelis (left) and Giovanni Moretti (right) who is in in the uniform of
a Captain Regent.

Their Serene Highnesses, Luna Angelis and Giovanni Moretti, have been elected Captains Regent of San Marino. While the election of Giovanni Moretti was no surprise to business owners in the republic, the election of Luna Angelis came as a total shock to the country. Angelis, the daughter of the late Mario Angelis, was chosen in a special election to fill her father's seat in the Grand and General Council for the remaining few weeks of his term. This is normally done as an honor to the individual who lost an esteemed loved one of the republic. Ms. Angelis, however, took her duty seriously and showed up to every meeting of the Grand and General Council. The National Conservative Party has yet to make an official statement as to why they chose Luna Angelis, who is only 18 years old, to be one of the Captains Regent. The Republic has several private sources who claim that Foreign Minister Stella Esposito orchestrated the election of Ms. Angelis, who has no experience in politics. Ms. Angelis and the Foreign Minister, however, are not related and appear to have never been photographed together. Their relation remains unknown.

Both Ms. Angelis and Mr. Moretti attended the parades and festivities in the capital that were held in their honor. Toward the end of the night, Mr. Moretti danced with Ms. Angelis and they both gave a brief speech on the state of San Marino. The following is a portion of Mr. Moretti's remarks:
"I intend to foster economic growth within our republic. Tourism has, and will continue to play an important part in our country. We must be able to hold on to our identity and peacefulness while also being a welcoming place for guests from Rome and abroad who wish to experience our incredible republic. I will assist the government in whatever way possible to administer the state and bolster our profits from tourism and our own native business interests."

Ms. Moretti's gave her remarks after Mr. Moretti:
"My desire is to connect San Marino with the rest of the world. Too many important countries do not even have diplomatic outposts with our Serene Republic. I intend to travel abroad and meet with foreign leaders, as well as improve our relationship with the Roman Empire. Previous governments forgot how important our traditions are native identity are, I intend to remind us of who we are. Our military, our borders, our celebrations, and our relationship with God must all be kept strong and protected."

The opening remarks from the Captains Regent traditionally are a good indicator of where their focus will be during their term. While Mr. Giovanni Moretti is a member of the National Conservative Party, Ms. Luna Angelis remains and undeclared independent just as her father, which makes her election to Captain Regent even more unusual. The new Captains Regent are the first to be elected to a term of three years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II