STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Spain]: Message to France

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Embassy of Spain in France
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Minister Dominique de Villepin,

As the diplomatic representative to France, I would like to extend congratulations from not only me and my diplomatic staff at the Spanish Embassy but also the warmest congratulations of the entirety of Spain on you and your fellow government's success in the recent French election and I would like to organise a meeting between our offices so that we can continue our warm relationship which Spain views as very important considering we share a border. We would also like to discuss current international affairs to see where our countries can work together to make the world a better and safer place.

Regards,
Laura Barceló
Spanish Ambassador to France
Kingdom of Spain

Taranis

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
image-jpg.7297

French Republic
Official Correspondence

Classification: Restricted

To:
Laura Barceló, Spanish Ambassador to France ( Zak )
From: Alfred Siefer-Gaillardin, Minister of State for Europe
Subject: Franco-Spanish relations

Your Excellency,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the Minister of State for Europe, and as M. de Villepin is currently engaged, his office has asked me to contact you for a meeting on our relations. I regard Spain as an important partner, politically, economically, militarily and, of course, more.

I am happy to have a meeting with you, whenever you wish and in whatever form. I will be free for the next few days awaiting your response.

Best wishes,
Alfred Siefer-Gaillardin

Minister of State for Europe

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
At nine o'clock in the morning, Ambassador Laura Barceló promptly left the embassy with her personal assistant and two protective security agents who were acting as her personal driver and security detail. She navigated the busy streets of Paris in an embassy-owned SEAT Altea which had the characteristics of an armoured vehicle owned by the Civil Guard to protect diplomats and foreign dignitaries. Throughout the journey, she was briefed about current affairs surrounding the situation in New Caledonia as well as points to discuss that the Prime Minister had personally spoken to her about.

Taranis

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
As soon as the National Police had been notified that the ambassador had arrived, they would send her into a waiting room and serve some refreshments, along with a French briefing on the crisis in New Caledonia. Finally, Alfred Siefer-Gaillardin, Minister of State for Europe, would come down and invite Laura to his office. Her assistant and security would be left in the waiting room if that was acceptable.

Once inside, he invited her to sit on some comfortable sofas as a sign of informality, and more refreshments would be served.

"Thank you for this pleasure to talk to you," he said, "And may I just reiterate the strong historical ties between France and Spain. Is there anything in particular you would like to discuss?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Ambassador warmly accepted the informal meeting, choosing to take her jacket off and passed it over to her personal assistant. The protective security detail took the opportunity to interact with their French counterparts whilst the meeting was in session but still remained a heightened and alert position ready to fulfil their duties of protecting the Ambassador. She took a glass of water from the table where it rested and took a sip before the meeting proceeded into the early stages.

"Minister, I want to thank you for hosting me here on such short notice. The new Prime Minister sends her regards and wishes to visit France in the coming months as we embark on a new stage in Spanish and French politics. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is currently reviewing reports of what is happening in New Caledonia, can you update me of the situation that is ongoing there and what steps are the central government here in Paris doing in response. We are also concerned of recent reports surrounding a potential deployment from the Thai Military to New Caledonia and want reassurance that Spanish tourists will not be harmed by any military or non-state actors such as rebel and/or terrorist organisations."

Taranis

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
"The AINC has been formed as an organised independence movement against France in New Caledonia. There have been less organised and more discreet methods of unrest against us in the past, particularly by the Kanak people, but this is a full insurrection against us. They are well armed and are hiding deep inland in the forests.

"The AINC recently conducted a few attacks against us. An aircraft carrying police officers was shot down as it landed in New Caledonia. A crowd of civilians, no doubt supporting them, stormed and burnt down the police headquarters at Numea. Our Interior Minister, M. Sarkozy, was killed in an explosion in the suburbs of Paris... we believe it was the AINC too. Just a few days ago they raided the police headquarters at Koumac, killing or wounding some twenty officers. This led to the raid, which, unfortunately, failed. That is all the information we have at this time.

"In response, we have deployed more police officers, and military forces will be deployed within days. Humanitarian and medical aid are being flown in too, mostly from our allies. Other than that there is not a lot we can do, mainly due to the distance from metropolitan France to New Caledonia, and the public support that the AINC enjoys.

"The Thai Government originally planned to send nearly ten thousand soldiers into New Caledonia, however after some negotiations we have managed to lower that and place them under French command, ending fears from our Government of Thai aggression.

"As for Spanish tourists... I'm afraid we can't give any assurances, however tourists in large population centres will mostly be safe. We cannot guarantee that they won't be caught in the crossfire, however, so it would be best if your tourists either stayed in police stations- and even there the AINC can still raid them- or they were flown out, possibly to French Polynesia where they will be much safer. Would that be acceptable to your Government?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am deeply shocked to hear of the killing of Minister Sarkozy, he was a good and honest man who I'm sure wanted the best for his country, I want to place the condolences of not only myself but the entirety of Spain on record and we hope that he will receive the appropriate send off he deserves. I will pass on these comments to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who will take the appropriate course of action as they deem necessary.

Spain is deeply concerned about the speculated deployment of Thai personnel on the ground in New Caledonia, it wasn't long ago where they were sending a mass deployment to waters near to Spain and France as a peacekeeping force which was deemed very excessive as they deployed over twenty frigates and destroyers. The United States and Spain deemed this to be disproportionate and we just want the central government here in Paris to keep your guard up because Thai government exercising their influence in the area surrounding New Caledonia could be bad for business, you and your fellow government are no doubt experienced politicians and leaders but we're just looking out for one of our closest neighbours."

Taranis

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
"Yes, we have considered the ramifications of this decision and we can assure you that the Thai deployment will be under French command. If they decide to overthrow the Republic there, it will no doubt be considered an act of war, and after their recent incursion into the Atlantic I doubt they will want another crisis. We will however remain vigilant and keep them under close surveillance once they arrive."

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Here in Spain, we have a Catalan independence movement which aims to break the region of Catalonia away from the Kingdom and from public sources the French department of Pyrénées-Orientales which is also known as Northern Catalonia wants to break away into a seperate Catalan Republic. What would be the response of your government if they increased their demands of breaking away into a Catalan Republic. We have been preparing a protocol on Catalonia to deploy the Civil Guard and National Police Corps and we stand ready to dissolve the Parliament of Catalonia in Barcelona should they decide to declare independence alongside Pyrénées-Orientales (Northern Catalonia) which we both know would be bad for both of our countries."

Taranis

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
"Our plan would most likely be the deployment of regular officers, possibly with CRS reinforcements, unless it turns into an armed conflict, in which case we have numerous divisions in the south, including a mountain infantry regiment in the Pyrenees, which can easily be mobilised. Have there been any recent tensions in the region?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Each autonomous community in Spain has the right to publish legislation in their respective parliament but within reason, we will not allow this to break up parts of Spain into an independent breakaway state. The Prime Minister has been in Barcelona meeting with regional parties to come to a compromise and iron out any details. If the Parliament of Catalonia was to publish legislation regarding independence then the Prime Minister can dissolve the Parliament and can suspend autonomy and invoke direct rule over the whole of Catalonia."

Taranis

Taranis

Apprentice
Jun 27, 2023
"In the event of such a scenario the French Government will fully support the rule of law and the Spanish Government. We will, of course, focus on quelling any insurrections in our own territory, but we'll continue looking at the situation in Catalonia with great interest, and we'll assist you in any way we can. Was there anything else?"

Zak