STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Spain] Message to Italy

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

1024px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spain_%281931-1939%29-Flag_Variant.svg.png

Republic of Spain

This message is private & encrypted
To the Honourable President of the Council
Mr. Romano Prodi

We would like to formally welcome you to the international stage, as well as wish you good luck on your term alongside your cabinet, I hope that your nation can grow under your strong leadership and guidance. To kick start our relations with Italy's new government, we would like to continue the talks we had previously with the other Cabinet, which unfortunately collapsed no doubt due to some political struggles. This means to try and restablish your trade relations, military defense cooperation, and mutual cooperation in fighting piracy in the Mediterranean sea, which is, no doubt, at the forefront of our national agendas.

Would it be possible to have the Spanish Ambassador to Italy meet with your Minister of Foreign Relation to discuss these points?

With great appreciation and kind regards,
President of the Republic of Spain
The Honourable Mr. Rafael Cortés

Tim

Tim

Kingdom of the Netherlands
Dec 25, 2020
210px-Emblem_of_Italy.svg.png

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Recipient: Rafael Cortés, President of the Republic of Spain < Bruno >
From: Romano Prodi, Prime Minister of the Italian Republic
Subject: RE: Reestablishment of international cooperation

Dear President Cortés,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very glad to discuss the topics you mentioned to find ways to find ways in which we can cooperate for the betterment of both our countries and the regional stability and security. The points are indeed very important to our administration so I will gladly organise a meeting between my Minister of Foreign Affairs and your Ambassador. I can send out a memo to the minister so he can formally invite the ambassador for later today or tomorrow depending on his schedule.

I hope that their meeting can lead to a fruitful cooperation between our countries.

Yours Sincerely,

Romano Prodi

Prime Minister
Italian Republic

The assistant of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, upon receival of the memo from the Prime Minister, called to the Spanish embassy through a private and encrypted line to invite the ambassador for later that day at 15:00. The topics mentioned by the Spanish President were also sent to the Minister and he would read them to be informed upon the arrival of the ambassador.

Just before the planned meeting with the ambassador he once again went over the topics and emptied out his desk except for a notebook and his personal computer. Upon arrival of the Ambassador the assistant would let him into the Minister's office who got up to greet the Spaniard, shaking his hand. "Welcome mister ambassador, it's a pleasure to have you here."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you, thank you for meeting with me on such short notice! Its always a honor to be received!" He would pause "How is Italy fairing these days? Seems that its the calm before the storm, before your government came into power, we were having a war in Romania, Civil Unrest in Zimbabwe. But since then, peaceful, which I highly approve of, but still feels like we are in the eye of the storm. Which brings me to my next point. The Republic of Spain believes that a strong friendship and alliance between our nations must be cemented, as we share a natural border, being the sea. It is what we are going to strive to, and work for."

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
"No problem, it's my job after all." He smirked a bit at his own remark. "Can I offer you a cup of coffee? And Italy is doing well, my days are busy as I have to place our administration on the global map but that is expected with the job. And I have heard of all of those events indeed, it seems to all have quieted down but that does not mean that it is over, and we must remain vigilant."

"We share this sentiment, being two of the larger countries along the Mediterranean we are naturally close, and have -in our opinion- a great responsibility for the safety of sailors on that same sea, especially in our own waters. So I hope that we can indeed work together as friends, or future allies, to ensure safety in these waters and possibly also abroad."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Water is fine, thank you very much for the hospitality!" He would pause. "Shall we get to business then?" He would check.

"The Republic of Spain is looking at Italy to be one of its most important allies in this region, and I believe that to do this, we should cooperate at a greater level, especially in Piracy. Our nation is currently monitoring its own waters for this, however the coast of Africa is still prone to drug trafficking and piracy, especially fishing boats. Would it be possible for Spain and Italy to work together in curbing these foul actions? This would involve Spain and Italy to monitor the coast from Morocco to Tunisia with various patrol ships to prevent worse events like those happening near the coast of Somalia. With both our nations cooperating on this, I'm sure that piracy and drug trafficking would slowly die down, and Trade and Fishing could continue to be profitable to our nations and to other affected by this."

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
The Minister walked towards one of the large wooden closets and opened the glass door, taking a glass out of it. He placed it in front of the ambassador and poured water from a water jug into it. He then sat down behind his desk. "We shall." The minister listened carefully to his Spanish colleague. "I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment, the situation in the Mediterranean has always been troublesome and as two of the larger countries bordering this water we indeed view Spain as our potential ally in fighting this problem. I am very interested to hear if you already have any proposals planned out, or if you were just seeing how we could cooperate?"

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you." He said as he drank a few drops of water, which he would continue to do so during the remainder of the meeting.

"I would propose that we joined forces with our navies and conduct small patrols across the North African Cost, one vessel from our Navy and one vessel from your could coordinate with each other in finding possible crimes and piracy acts. Perhaps even exchanging Flight Crews, where our flight crew would be on duty in a Italian Vessel and vice versa. Perhaps the Corvette type would be more suitable for this job as its more powerful than a regular Patrol Vessel.

In terms of economy, we could for now sign an agreement that would let both our commercial vessel be able to pass trough our national waters, reducing the time they are at sea. Further more, we would like to also conduct a Naval Exercise with Italy, to see if your navies can cooperate with each other. And we would also like to formalize our relationship in the Mediterranean sea, a agreement for cooperation were both our nations will make the necessary actions for the sea to remain peaceful and safe, such as allow Navy Vessels to dock temporally in each other ports while they are patrolling, engaging in submarine patrols, patrolling each other waters and coordinating our political efforts."

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
"Our navies could certainly work together in such a way to fight the piracy that is rampant in these areas to ensure the safety of those sailing through the Mediterranean. Currently our Navy only operates frigates and larger ships, not having a standing patrol force yet but we are willing to see if one of our smaller frigates could fit into this patrol role.

Such an agreement sounds very good, having access to water closer to the Spanish coast can significantly decrease sailing time for some routes. I believe that our navy would be available for such an exercise, but this is something that of course our ministers of defence will have to further discuss, or military officials from the navies. I think these points are definitely something we are willing to cooperate on, and I propose adding the agreement regarding commercial vessels in it so it can be a large Mediterranean cooperation agreement."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I'll have my aides in the embassy to draft a agreement while we continue to speak then, I'm very please that we can find so much common ground with your nation, it is very refreshing in world politics. I believe that a Frigate can also do the same job, even if it carries much more weapons than a corvette, it would still be able to do the job well and effectively. Regarding the Naval Exercise, I'll contact the Secretary of Defense to come into contact with your Minister of Defense to iron out the details of the exercise and the naval patrol. While we are waiting for the draft, how to you view the current situation in Moscow and India? Not mentioning the assassination atempt of the President of Ukraine."

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
"Wonderful. And yes, exercises and military operations will have to go through the minister of defense so having them start formal correspondence would be best.

The situation in Moscow and India are worrying to say the least. The unrest in Moscow was somewhat to be expected after the collapse of the economy but the violent spark it caused in India worries me, as other countries may follow these events. Of course people should be free to protest but within the law. We are monitoring internally and externally for risks of violence that could directly affect us, but have found nothing yet."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa