STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Spain] Message to USA

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"While I support the spirit of that idea, I do not think that is a good idea at this time. We are about to discuss this with the Koreans - they are sending a delegation to the United States for other reasons. And President Gore will be discussing this with the British Prime Minister at the White House... Once we understand what parties will be interested to move forward with this proposal, the government will be organizing some kind of event for us all to attend. In the meantime, is there someone that our Ambassador could talk to? It would be nice to flesh-out our idea with a representative of your government," she said.
Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Yes I understand this fully, we are also speaking with Korea to get their sense and opinion on this. Yes, your ambassador could meet with the Deputy Secretary of State, he is available to speak regarding this event and the possible mutual alliance. And while we still decide on this, perhaps a mutual defence pact between both our nations could further cement the future of that idea."

Odinson

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We are now able to purchase from the United States, what we talked about a few moments ago, while we know that the production cost is high from all these products, we would like to know how much would the US be willing to sell it for. The aforementioned products are, might I mentioned that in future, we would like to purchase these products again, as its paramount for the Spanish Navy to have at least 2 of these carriers for its security.
1 x Kitty Hawk-class Aircraft Carrier
36 x McDonnell Douglas F/A-18C/D Hornet
4 x Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler
4 x Northrop Grumman E-2C Hawkeye
6 x S-3B Viking

We are also able to sign a formal alliance treaty between our nations, as you mentioned before."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Before the aircraft carrier and Hornets can be sold, we will need to have a formal alliance," she said. "However, I will contact American Defense Sales and inform them to sell you the other items that you have requested. I have no doubt that, once we have a formal alliance in place, those items will be available to you," she said. With that, if there was nothing else to discuss, she would bid farewell and terminate the call.

Meanwhile, the American Ambassador to the Republic of Spain, Esteban De Leon, would arrive to meet the Spanish Deputy Secretary of State as soon as he was available. He would be in close, secure, contact with the Spanish government to ensure when he could meet with a representative from the Spanish government.
Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Very well, if you have a document prepared for us to formalize our defensive alliance we would be most elated, perhaps this is the start of a great future between our people."

-

In Spain the Deputy Secretary of State would welcome the Ambassador, he would be picked up by a VIP convoy, and brought to his office safely, where the Secretary would greet him. "Welcome to my nation Mr. De Leon, I hope you don't mind being summoned so suddenly. As you know, the world stands at a cross roads, and Spain needs nations which they can trust, and we know we can trust the United States. I would like to know how does the US view Korea and the United Kingdom, is your relationship with them extremely close?"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"That would be something for the American Ambassador to discuss. I primarily deal with the legal international arms trade," she noted. If there was nothing else, she would terminate the phone call.

Meanwhile, the Ambassador would be securely meeting with the Spanish Deputy Secretary of State. He would quickly offer to shake his hand and would respond in a friendly tone, "Thank you for your hospitality, Mister Deputy Secretary. The United States views the United Kingdom as a historical and natural ally. We also view South Korea as a historical ally, though I'm afraid they may not think as highly of us as we do of them... at least compared to other nations. My government is presently in talks with representatives from their nation in Hawaii, but I am not entirely sure if they are interested in anything besides a nominal friendship. If that's the case, it is very disappointing, but that is all I've been briefed on so far. The discussion may have progressed far beyond that by now. That being said, I hope all is not lost and we can still develop a very close relationship with them," he said.

"What is Spain's feelings towards Britain and the Koreans?" he said.
Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Hmm perhaps we could help the United States and Korea grow their relations even further? Perhaps in a future meeting with the Korean Diplomats we could put in a very good word for the United State and try and convince them that a formal alliance between Korea and the United States is a mutual interest and that both nations only have to gain.

The United Kingdom is a long standing friend of the Spanish Republic, we view them as a very trustworthy nation, and we hope to grow closer with the AEGIS naval exercise, it will show us if our armed forces can cooperate on another level. In the case of Korea, we consider them a staunch ally, even seperated by culture and distance we have grown closer to Korea, and hopefully we will cooperate on various level, the Russian Crisis was in part, partly solved between Spain and Korea united to fix it.

Regarding another thing, I got the information that both are nations are willing to sign a defence treaty, and that you have the authorisation to discuss it and sign it. How do you view this alliance between the United States and Spain?"

Odinson

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"A defensive alliance between our two countries would be something that the federal government would take very seriously. Nations who we trust to take that step with are few and far between. Would would expect true commitment to defense, a powerful working relationship, and a strategic alliance that would allow us to keep each other and the free world at large safe. Do you think the Spanish government would be up for such a close relationship with the United States?" he asked.
Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We are ready for this step between our nations, a defensive pact between Spain and the United States was in works for a long time. We created this AEGIS exercise to see if we can cooperate in a military scenario with the US, Korea and Britain, which currently are our main partners and friends in the international community. We believe that in this day and age, the world is very much upside down, and the Spanish Republic needs allies and friends we can count on in the darkest of times. We see the United States as that ally, we see the United Kingdom as that ally and we see the Republic of Korea as that ally.

We need to stick close to your friends, they may be times we may disagree on some issues that may arise, we might even bicker on this issues, but one thing stands true, alliances are a promise between Nations, that both peoples are now united in their beliefs and ideas, and that each will gain more working together than working against each other."

Odinson

• Love

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private​

Ambassador Esteban De Leon would present the following draft as a possible mutual defense treaty between the United States and Spain:
Bruno

QT5ehQ7.png

Treaty of Madrid

7cx03zvujh451.jpg
[TR][TD]

CONTEXT
The Treaty of Madrid 1998 is a formal agreement of alliance between the sovereign nations of the United States of America (also referred to as the United States or the American Government) and the Republic of Spain (also referred to as Spain or the Spanish Government). This treaty is meant to formalize a covenant of mutual defense and cooperation between the American and Spanish governments. Contained within this treaty are agreements of mutual defense, shared intelligence, as well as other measures of cooperation between the United States and Spain.

ARTICLE 1
POLITICAL COOPERATION

1. The United States and the Republic of Spain agree to support and defend each other politically.
a. While neither government is required to vote either way on any Global Assembly Resolution due to this treaty, both governments are encouraged to support resolutions by the other party.
b. Both governments are called to protect the dignity of each other when malicious actors attempt to defame the good name of either party; this should be done by condemning false statements or correcting the record when necessary.
c. Both governments are called to stand by each other even during difficult or sensitive times internally and internationally.
d. Both governments will protect the citizens of the other. In the case of an emergency, the citizens of either country can find refuge in the embassy of either country in foreign lands.

ARTICLE 2
ECONOMIC COOPERATION

2. The American and Spanish governments will support each other economically.
a. Neither nation will engage in a physical embargo of the other. If either nation falls under a physical embargo, the other will work to undermine it when possible.
b. Neither nation will charge the other tariffs when trading international goods from their respective nation.
c. In the event that either nation finds itself in a debt crisis or war, both governments pledge to support the other with 0-interest, private loans if possible.
d. Both governments agree to suspend all commerce with any nation at war with a signatory of this treaty.

ARTICLE 3
MUTUAL DEFENSE

3. The American and Spanish governments will support and defend each other with the use of military force and other physical assets.
a. Both governments agree to a pact of mutual defense and that an attack on one is an attack on both the United States and Spain. In such a scenario, the other nation will assist the defender by all means necessary politically, economically, and otherwise with the dedicated use of military force. Both governments agree to defend the sovereignty of the other and pledge to do so with the best coordination possible.
b. Neither government will engage in espionage against the other, or support another nation in conducting such espionage.
c. Neither government will use its armed forces or intelligence services to undermine the sovereignty or integrity of the other, nor will either nation knowingly permit another nation to use its armed forces or intelligence services to undermine the sovereignty or integrity of the other.

ARTICLE 4
TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT

4. The United States of America or the Republic of Spain may terminate this treaty after a [6] month notice has been issued. To terminate this agreement, a secure message that clearly states that this agreement is being terminated must be sent through the proper channels from the head of state of either party to the head of state of the other party. If both governments wish to terminate this agreement, no [6] month notice is needed.

Signed for the United States,

(Signature here)
President of the United States of America

Signed for Spain,

(Signature here)
President of the Republic of Spain
[/TD][/TR]

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
He would read the treaty in its integrity, nodding as he goes along, and sipping a bit of water, after a few minutes he would turn to the ambassador and speak to him in a calm manner.

"This is excellent, we agree with everything on this, if you wish we can move on to signed it, I just need to send it to our President from him to sign, as treaties like this do not need the approval of our congress." He would smile.

"This really is a big step towards something bigger!"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I'm happy that you do not desire to make any edits to the treaty," he said, "because I already have a signed copy from President Gore." The ambassador pulled out the Spanish copy of the document, which would be for Spain to keep, and carefully handed it over to his Spanish colleague.
"If you can have our copy signed by President Cortés and forwarded to the Spanish embassy in Washington, we will have President Gore sign that one as well and put it into the National Archives. As I'm sure you know, our Constitution allows the President to negotiate and provisionally sign treaties, however they must be ratified by the Senate. Once the Senate ratifies the Treaty of Madrid, our countries will be formal allies," he said with a smile. The Ambassador added that once the Senate ratified the treaty, it would only take an encrypted message to American Defense Sales to begin the process of acquiring select equipment for Spain. He noted that there's still some military equipment that the United States would even be hesitant to sell to allies, but that they should be able to come to an agreement that would make both sides happy. Inquiries about such military hardware could be securely submitted to American Defense Sales.

With that, if there was nothing else to discuss, the ambassador would go back home to the American Embassy in Madrid. In Washington, the White House would wait for the American copy of the treaty to be signed by President Cortés and sent to the White House.
Bruno

• Love

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Excellent! We will take care of this right away, I'll forward the treaty to my President, and it will arrive at the Spanish Embassy in the US. We will then await its formalization in your Senate, we are very happy that we can finally move foward as allies in this vast international community, Spain knows it as gained a loyal and stauch ally, and the US can be assure it is mutual."

With that, the ambassador would forward the copy signed by the US President, in a encrypted and private manner to President Cortés where he would read the treaty, and then sign it in his office, with that the Copy would then be forwarded to the Spanish Embassy in the US where it would be given to the relevant authorities. Spain would also keep a copy of the treaty signed by both Presidents.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The physical American copy of the treaty would be brought to President Gore at the White House. After close examination, he would take out his new fountain pen and sign his name in the proper place. After this, the treaty would be handed over to the State Department, who would transport the document to the National Archives for safekeeping. With the treaty now provisionally signed by President Gore, he would immediately submit it to the Senate for ratification.

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

1024px-Seal_of_the_President_of_the_United_States.svg.png

ZKYVhiP.png
[TR][TD]

THE WHITE HOUSE

PUBLIC MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: His Excellency Rafael Cortés, President of the Republic of Spain ( Bruno )

President Cortés,

I have just spoken with the Vice President who has confirmed to me that the United States Senate has ratified the
Treaty of Madrid. May the Spanish people and the world know that the United States of America and the Republic of Spain are allies in the strongest sense of the word. Wherever Spaniards see the American flag flying, be it on land or on the open seas, they should know that they have a place of refuge and friends that will welcome them with open arms. Our governments have committed to treat each other as brothers as we continue to march forward into the fog of uncertainty. The United States government is committed to forging a decisive path with Spain, as our two republics are now closer than ever before in history. I commit to you my friendship and unfaltering support as we start this journey together. I have no doubt that you will do the same for me, and our countries will do so for each other. Thank you for your patience, honesty, and commitment.

Respectfully,

Al Gore
President of the United States
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR][TR][TD][/TD][/TR]

Last edited:

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

8QHg1HG.png

Republic of Spain

This message is public
To the Honorable Al Gore, President of the United States of America

With the ratified Treaty of Madrid, the Republic of Spain and the United States of America have cemented what both their Government have been striving for, since the day that both nation began diplomatic discussions, a unbreakable alliance, across the Atlantic Ocean, two people distinct in their cultures and language united under their common ideals and common goals. All Americans now know, that when they see a Spanish Flag, waved by the wind, there is one nation, apart from their homeland that they can count on to protect them and ensure their freedom and safety in the darkest of times, an unwavering loyalty that surpassed nationality. And also will our own people know, that the United States of America, will be there to aid their homeland in the most daunting of tasks.

The Republic of Spain, its cabinet, and myself commit to you our loyalty, friendship and unfaltering support in the challenges to come.

With great appreciation and kind regards,
President of the Republic of Spain
The Honourable Mr. Rafael Cortés

Odinson

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II