STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Spain]: Urgent Summon to Sweden

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Palace of Moncloa
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Ambassador Teppo Tauriainen,

On behalf of the Prime Minister of Spain, I have been ordered to summon you or another senior figure within the Embassy of Sweden to the Palace of Moncloa for an urgent meeting with the Prime Minister surrounding recent media reports of a Swedish Air Force deployment and incursion into Spanish airspace which the Prime Minister is taking very seriously. The Prime Minister has cleared her schedule to allow the prompt undertaking of the above mentioned meeting.

Regards,
Jorge Moragas Sánchez
Moncloa Chief of Staff
Kingdom of Spain

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Reinfeldt Administration

Dear Jorge Moragas Sánchez,

In my role as Ambassador and lead representative for the Kingdom of Sweden to the Kingdom of Spain, I will of course make myself available to facilitate the request from the Prime Minister. Please allow me a few hours to consult with the Department of Foreign Affairs in Stockholm prior to my attendance - given the gravity of the subject matter I must ensure I attend with only facts rather than media speculation.

The relationship between our nations, united in Europe, is key to Swedish foreign policy and it remains a priority to uphold our diplomatic friendship long into the future.

I would be grateful if you could inform the Prime Minister of my imminent attendance this afternoon on my behalf.

Regards,
Teppo Tauriainen
Ambassador for Sweden to Spain
Bureau for European Affairs
Department of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Sweden

Zak

RESTRICTED
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is encrypted and subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Palace of Moncloa
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Ambassador Teppo Tauriainen,

The relationship between our two Kingdoms is deemed as an excellent relationship between our two countries which is why the Prime Minister is surprised by the media speculation. She is currently meeting with the National Security Council to receive a detailed briefing as she has been meeting with prospective cabinet members and autonomous community leaders.

I will of course inform the Prime Minister of your intended arrival this afternoon and the fact you will be consulting with the Department of Foreign Affairs prior to meeting with the Prime Minister as she wants to clear up something that could spiral out of control (such as more media speculation, other political parties in Sweden or Spain using this against our governments and so on.)

Regards,
Jorge Moragas Sánchez
Moncloa Chief of Staff
Kingdom of Spain

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Within moments the Ambassador would recieve a very clear memorandum of understanding from the Department of Foreign Affairs in Stockholm which detailed the range of national security complications pertaining to Operation Talc, the Swedish Royal Air Force operation which ignited the request from the Spanish Prime Minister. It was obvious that the operation, and the subsequent media speculation, was going to prompt the Spanish government to make some form of contact in true fire-fighting style; but one thing was for certain, the real inferno was the reputation of their own national security. Nonetheless the Ambassador would collect his papers, zip them within the internationally renown black conference folder emblazoned with the Swedish coat of arms. Within his black suit would be his diplomatic passport for the sake of identification. From the embassy he would privately hire a local taxi which would drive him to the gates of the Palace of Moncloa.

Ambassador Tauriainen would approach the security personnel on the gate and present his state-issued diplomatic passport before awaiting further direction.

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

A protective security agent stood smartly dressed in police uniform stood at the main gates of the Palace of Moncloa, he approached the Ambassador and took the diplomatic passport from his hand as he approached the security booth and checked the visitor log and saw that he was scheduled to meet with the Prime Minister. He once again approached the Ambassador and returned the credentials to him as the gates opened and allowed him to walk up to the main entrance to the Palace of Moncloa where he was greeted by the Chief of Staff to the Prime Minister who took him through a number of corridors and hallways to the Tàpies Room which was used for hosting meetings with foreign diplomats and state leaders.

Prior to the meeting, the Prime Minister had changed into a new outfit in which she was joined by her nominated Minister of Foreign Affairs. The room had been set up to host the Swedish Ambassador and a selection of juices, water and snacks had been supplied for the afternoon meeting. Upon meeting the Ambassador, she greeted him and gestured for him to help himself to the snacks and beverages on hand should he wish to do so, afterwards a seat was provided for the Ambassador with the Swedish coat of arms hanging behind on a gold plated pole.

"Ambassador Tauriainen, it is a pleasure to meet you, thank you for attending today. I hope things are well and business is good at the embassy? My Chief of Staff had informed me that you had a meeting with the Department of Foreign Affairs prior to visiting me, I hope all went well and we can discuss a number of topics that I'm sure we have to discuss."

The newly appointed Prime Minister was starting to make waves far beyond Madrid. The Prime Minister was becoming a darling of the international right after watching her country fall apart after the stunning events surrounding Puerto Rico and prior to being appointed as Prime Minister, she liked to evoke Spanish Civil War rhetoric, with calls for “liberty” over “communism” in a country which was run by a center-left coalition. She had a bold personality and some outlets previously stated that she was hard to decipher.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Smiling politely at the security agent, the Ambassador would return the passport to his inner chest pocket before making his way directly towards the main entrance to the palace. A firm, warm handshake would be exchanged with the Chief of Staff alongside the usual respectful greetings before he followed immediately behind, ensuring he were not distracted or lost in the maze of artefacts and architecture that surrounded him. As the Tàpies Room opened before him, he would unbutton his blazer, allowing his crisp white shirt beneath to be revealed, obscured only by his blue patterned tie.

"Prime Minister, the pleasure is mine, as soon as I received your correspondence I made all the necessary arrangements to ensure I was as much use to you as I possibly can be... nonetheless what a beautiful palace this is, so very majestic, the complex is truly fascinating."

The Ambassador would help himself to a small glass of water to moisten the throat during what was likely to be a tense and very serious conversation. He would then take his seat before placing the black conference folder down in front of him upon the table; the contents exposed once he unzipped and unfolded it.

"I have been briefed by the Department of Foreign Affairs who has liaised with the necessary departments back in Stockholm as soon as your request was received."

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Prime Minister took a glass of water, taking a seat opposite the Swedish Ambassador as the Chief of Staff took a seat in the corner of the room as he began taking notes on not only the Prime Ministers remarks but also that of the Swedish Ambassador. It was an important meeting and the very first of the new administration led by the first female Prime Minister in the history of Spanish democracy.

"The complex is indeed wonderful. It includes 16 building and a hospital. I'm still getting used to where everything is... Onto the main point that I have invited you here today, I am deeply concerned to have been briefed on serious media speculation about a Swedish Air Force incursion into our territory, can your government account for this?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Fascinating!" the Ambassador responds to the general small talk, something he'd become used to during his time in politics, particularly when liaising with foreign dignitaries. Whilst the Prime Minister raised the main point of the agenda, the Ambassador would take a sip of his fresh water in preperation for a somewhat rehearsed response - the wording used was important.

"Prime Minister, the official stance of the Department of Defence is that the Swedish Royal Air Force were operating aircraft in an exercise capacity in and around the Bay of Biscay and the Celtic Sea. My understanding is that these aircraft operated in a lawful capacity. I have also been advised that there were at one point in contact with civilian Air Traffic Control. I am aware of the media reports, but I prefer not to dwell on speculation and leaks - especially when this cannot be verified as having come from Sweden or in fact Spanish sources."

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Prime Minister took a sip from her glass of water as her face was fixed on the Ambassador, although it was her first meeting as Prime Minister, having been informed of the rumoured reports circulating on social media, she was not best pleased and was using the meeting to make a very serious point to the Ambassador.

"Mister Ambassador, I have held many meetings on this matter because it is a very serious matter. I have met with various officials from the Aviation Safety and Security Agency who have informed me on good authority that there was Swedish military aircraft operating within the vicinity of the Bay of Biscay over international airspace which I totally respect as you have the legal right to do so. My problem is the fact that the Swedish national public television broadcaster is brandishing stunning reports suggesting that the Swedish Air Force reportedly executed a successful incursion into Spanish airspace is where I draw the line at. I may be in the infancy as the new head of government and I may be a newcomer to national level politics but rest assured that if this happens again then I will make sure that this goes public and I'm sure that Sweden has an excellent safety record in civil aviation but now your government is willing to risk that?"

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I assure you Prime Minister that the infancy of your term in office has no bearing on Swedish military operations, their objectives or success. I have been assured by Stockholm that our activity around the Iberian Peninsula was within the confines of international law - as you rightfully say we have a long and decorated aviation history, with many of the worlds best pilots wearing the uniform of the Swedish Royal Air Force. I can understand your stresses regarding any violation of your territory, I too would be embarrassed by the media article... my question is Prime Minister that if this article were true, and pilots had entered territorial air space, why was there no intervention at the time?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Ambassador, as I stated previously, I have entered office during a difficult time. The previous Prime Minister brought this great country to the brink of war as he declared his intent to want to reunify Puerto Rico as an autonomous community within the Kingdom of Spain, the Spanish Armed Forces is underdeveloped which is why I have personally taken steps to ensure that all elements of the Spanish Armed Forces will receive the investment in line to make sure that any rumours such as the one reported by SVT Nyheter do not happen. The last thing our continent needs is another devastating and crippling war."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"I see. I understand you are in a difficult position and clearly if an incursion of your territorial air space has the possibility to happen without your knowledge then there are naturally some severe national security concerns to be addressed. I am not sure where Sweden plays a part in that process but I trust that you know we remain committed to developing Europe and where we can, providing it's appropriate, will offer our assistance in your endeavours... The reports in the media is almost an open door for any rogue state to take pot shots against your nation, and in lieu of any reactionary Armed Forces capability I fear you may be a sitting duck."

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am sure that Spain is not a sitting duck, Spain is currently undergoing production of an extensive and modern air defence network, obviously we can't disclose the inner details of our planned network as this remains classified information as you'll understand. I know that Sweden is very experienced in the field of defence technology and if we require any help in the future I am sure that after consulting with officials from the Ministry of Defence we will contact your government accordingly."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Of course. I fully anticipate your investment into your Armed Forces will show popular in Spain. Commitment to the serving of fundamental human rights has always been held at the forefront of Swedish politics and to date I am certain we have delivered our promise in ensuring Sweden and its overseas territories remain safe.

Anyway, I will be obligated to express your concerns to the Swedish Accident Investigation Authority, who are responsible for the investigation of any military accidents or incidents in Sweden. I trust you and your government will cooperate with the authority to ensure this matter can be properly resolved?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The Aviation Safety and Security Agency are already investigating whether any incident did take place. Likewise, they will seek cooperation with the Accident Investigation Authority should any of their queries need answering. I'm glad that we ironed out any issues that may arise from this Ambassador. Is there anything else you would like to add before I move onto my next order of business."

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Naturally. I will still be obligated by law to report this matter to our own authority - I am more than happy to forward you the details of the Investigator-in-Charge once it's assigned, they will be the best point of contact for the Aviation Safety and Security Agency should they have any questions. I too am glad we have met. There's nothing further to discuss."

The Ambassador would finish the glass of water in front of him before zipping shut his conference folder and standing from his seat. In a gesture of respect he'd offer the Prime Minister his hand for a handshake, before offering the same to the Chief of Staff sat in the corner. From here he'd return to the gates of the palace and ultimately a taxi to return to the Embassy of Sweden.

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Prime Minister was quite surprised at the haste departure of the Ambassador considering she stated that she had another item of business to attend too, ultimately, she debriefed with the Chief of Staff before returning to her desk to continue her duties as Prime Minister by answering and drafting emails.

Connor

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II