STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Sukhoi Su-47

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
It is difficult finding radar cross-section data for the Sukhoi Su-47. I do not believe data for that has ever been provided. However comparisons have been made to other aircraft.
http://www.military-today.com/aircraft/sukhoi_s37_berkut.htm
Military Today says the following about the radar cross-section of the Su-47
"The very advanced aerodynamic configuration includes strakes, canards, wing leading edge root extensions, tailplanes and twin fins. Combined with extensive use of radar absorbent materials, these are carefully shaped to minimize radar cross section. It is of similar size to the MiG 1.44." (Military Today)
Military today does not mention the radar cross section of the MiG 1.44, however other sites do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_Project_1.44
Wikipedia has the following to say about the 1.44's radar cross-section
"Russian aviation experts claim that the unorthodox design, use of radar-absorbent materials (RAM), and internally mounted weapons, gave an radar cross-section (RCS) of less than 0.3 m2 (3.2 sq ft), comparable to that of the F-22 Raptor." (Wikipedia, Gordon 2001, p. 34.)

As I am going to be working on the Su-47 making a combat variant I was wondering if I could use the radar-cross section of the MiG 1.44 as they are claimed to have a similar radar cross section. Or if it should be larger or smaller.

Andy

Russian Federation
Jul 2, 2018
Hi HeadlessSeeker,

Thank you for submitting a support ticket. The staff team cannot determine if the Radar Cross section can be similar, larger or smaller. Once you submit a Research and Development thread for the Su-47 then, it will be determined by the R&D team to approve or disapprove of the development of the aircraft.

So therefore it is up to you to determine the Radar Cross Section for the aircraft. You will find out if it suitable or not by the topic either being validated and in production (Research phase) or if the Research & Development team contact you to provide improvements on anything that they see fit that is wrong with it.

If you have anymore questions feel free to send another support ticket,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa