STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2005

Month: January

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 01/09/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Call to the United States

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

A telephone call is made to the United States Department of State, by the Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Margot Wallström.
This telephone call is made in line with the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995, which also covers telephonic communication, causing a 'SECURE' encryption level to be appended.

Odinson

SECURE
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private​

The United States Ambassador to Sweden was of course available. However if Secretary Wallström felt it necessary to directly speak with someone at the State Department, the Deputy Secretary of State - Charlie Price - was available. If she decides to call him, he would pick up his phone on a secure line in a private office in Washington.

“This is Deputy Secretary Charlie Price, to whom am I speaking?” he asked. His executive assistant listened in on the call and typed word for word what each side said.
Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
The matter due to be discussed was not suitable for that of an Ambassador, the Secretary of Foreign Affairs would choose, via the switchboard, to speak to the Deputy Secretary of State and immediately upon being put through the call would be encrypted to the suitable level. As part of a new protocol the National Security Office would be record the call by default, although it was not actively being listened to by any third party.

"Deputy Secretary, thank you for taking my call, I am Secretary Margot Wallström from the Swedish Department of Foreign Affairs. I understand the relationship between the United States and Sweden has been a little.. taut.. recently but I have a matter to discuss with you of great importance. May I have a moment of your time to discuss the incumbent government of Australia?"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
“Well, we have better relations with North Korea and Russia than we do Sweden… so ‘taut’ may be a very diplomatic way of putting the situation,” he said, feeling especially witty today since he hadn’t got enough sleep the night before.

“I’m all ears… What do you wish to discuss about the Australians?” he asked.

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Well, perhaps that can be discussed in just a moment, but more pressingly there's a very real threat to the continuation of diplomacy between us; should you want where to be any.

Our Ambassador for Sweden to Australia has just reported a very bizarre meeting set up by the Deputy Prime Minister of Australia with lasted for literally a matter of minutes... and in which they made it abundantly clear that their intentions are to play the United States and Sweden off against each other in an attempt to benefit themselves. This sets a dangerous precedent. Whilst our own affairs are not the strongest, I fear that the Australians blatant and self-confessed blackmail attempts will lead to the manipulation of the truth and in turn dispose of any possibility of our relationship being rekindled."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Deputy Secretary Price didn't entirely understand the first sentence that Secretary Wallström said, but continued on. "I'm not sure I understand - what exactly are the Australians trying to do? We've had a positive relationship since Australia achieved independence with maybe only a few small bumps in the 70s. If anything they're a natural ally to America, considering their historical relationship with other English speaking countries around the world," he asked. Charlie sat back in his leather chair and gave his full undivided attention to his Swedish colleague as he waited for a response.

Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"From what I understand, Deputy Secretary, their loyalties may not be as clearly aligned as you expected. The Australian government were essentially trying to barter their allegiance to the United States with Sweden in exchange for Antarctic territorial claims. We refused to be blackmailed. But nonetheless, in the interest of our own futures together, I thought it appropriate to contact you and make you aware of Australia's attempt at a backhanded deal against the United States.

I am not trying to compel you either way, I just grossly detest dirty politics and I would not be staying true to myself if I had ignored it."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Deputy Secretary Price wasn't sure if that exactly felt the definition of blackmail, but he figured that "utpressning" was a much more vague term than many English words that had a more precise meaning. "Well, thank you for bringing this to our attention," he said.

"I will be sure to pass it along to the proper channels. Is there anything else that you wish to discuss while we have each other on the phone?" he asked.

Connor

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
It appeared that there was nothing else to discuss. If not, and if Secretary Wallström did not object, Deputy Secretary Price would wish her farewell and end the phone call.

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr-iran