STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Message to Congo

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

To whom it may concern,

I write to you on behalf of the Swedish Accident Investigation Authority, a government authority tasked with investigating accidents and incidents with the vision of improving safety. Our authority is responsible for the investigation of civil maritime transport, road traffic, civil aviation, military and rail accidents and incidents. The civil aviation branch investigates events that have occurred in Sweden however we will also investigate occurrences abroad if involving a Swedish registered aircraft unless otherwise stipulated in any international agreements.

Over the past twenty-four hours we have received a number of third-party reports suggesting that an airliner has been shot down over Congo, some reports now suggesting that this aircraft is Swedish registered. This, as you can expect, has generated an investigation to take place within the authority and I have been designated as Chairperson assisted by my colleague Stefan Christensen who will be Investigator-in-Charge; we will be your best points of contact in relation to this investigation. Our vision is to begin this investigation promptly and to cooperate with domestic law enforcement or competent investigative agencies as appropriate. It is paramount that this takes place immediately. Our investigations usually follow a set pathway defined by: a fact-finding phase, stakeholder meeting, analysis, consultation and final report publication.

Should you verify these reports and confirm that an airliner has in-fact been shot down, or crashed by other or unknown means then it is our intention that a fact-finding phase begins promptly to allow for the securing of evidence. On this basis it is requested that a team of trained investigative staff from our authority are sent to the crash site to begin the collation of this evidence. It is in the interests of the international community that this crash site remain sterile to allow our investigators to conduct an impartial and proper investigation in accordance with domestic and international legislation. I trust that you will aid in this process objectively.

I look forward to your imminent response on this matter.

Regards,
Jonas Bäckstrand
Chairperson
Swedish Accident Investigation Authority
Department of Justice
Kingdom of Sweden

Kelly the Mad

SECURE
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020

THE FOLLOWING IS SECURE

To: Jonas Bäckstrand (Connor )
Subject: RE:
CC: ---

The aircraft shot down over the Congo was not an airliner. While it is appreciated, we will firmly reject your offer. The Swedish government is not welcome in our country at the moment.

Best Regards,
Senior Ambassador Simba Ayim, Chief of European Affairs

After sending out the E-mail, Ayim would pick up the phone to call his wife.

"Did you pick up the groceries darling?" he asked.

"Of course I did, I'm not THAT forgetful, you know that."

He chuckled

"Well I'll be home at about 6 tonight, think you'll have dinner ready by then?"

"Sure, tonight im making a stew."

"Sounds delicious, I'll see you then. Love you."

"Love you, bye!"

He would set down the phone and take a drink out of his water, smiling and waiting to get home to a delicious home-cooked meal.

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
ROLEPLAY NOTICE

Howdy Kelly the Mad

This is a reminder of Rule 1 under General Roleplay in the Modern Nations ruleset:

"These are in-game regions and you must not respond with out-of-character comments. Roleplay in one of these categories must exceed 80 words or more. Reported posts will be temporarily invalid, until the individual edits their roleplay to comply with our word count. It's imperative that another individual does not roleplay in the affected thread, until the player has corrected themselves..."

Please increase your last post in this thread to at least 81 words. Until you do so, the post will be invalid.

Best regards,

Odinson
Modern Nations Staff Team

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Simba Ayim,

Firstly please allow me to thank you for your prompt response to my message.

I must inform you that following the public reports a formal investigation within our authority has begun. I appreciate your reservedness in allowing our investigators into the Congo and you have made your wishes abundantly clear and I must reiterate the foundation of this authority is to work closely with domestic law enforcement and competent agencies. Your response to my correspondence however has only drawn further questions into the presumably complex nature of this investigation. Our key objective is to establish whether this incident falls into our jurisdiction at all - are you able to confirm or deny that the aircraft involved in this incident is, or is suspected to be, of Swedish registration? if so, how has this conclusion been drawn?

Thank you for your continued cooperation, I await your response.

Regards,
Jonas Bäckstrand
Chairperson
Department of Justice
Kingdom of Sweden

Kelly the Mad

SECURE
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

• Love
Reactions: Zak

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020

THE FOLLOWING IS SECURE

To: Jonas Bäckstrand ( Connor )
Subject: RE:
CC: ---

Our law enforcement and competent agencies are, luckily, competent enough to operate independently of foreign involvement and are currently doing so. We are at this time unable to confirm or deny whether or not the aircraft came from Sweden, however, these emails will be filed as an indicator that it very well may have, considering the utter lack of interest from any other government.

If a Swedish intelligence gathering aircraft went missing over the Congo, I find it hard to believe that you would need OUR confirmation that YOU lost one of YOUR aircraft. I have a recommendation- check your airports. You can report back whether or not your missing anything.

Kindly,
Senior Ambassador Simba Ayim, Chief of European Affairs

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Simba Ayim,

Your correspondence and brought much confusion and the hostility towards our organisation seems almost unfounded. Please allow me to address a number of points you have made which we feel are important to the continuation of this investigation and ultimately for your reassurance.

Firstly, our organisation, the Swedish Accident Investigation Authority, is a civilian authority headed by the Department of Justice. Our goal is purely to promote safety and, where necessary, we will refer investigations onwards to the appropriate competent law enforcement agency to take the necessary further action where an identified breach of domestic, international or foreign law has been identified. Our organisational structure does not include any politicians or service members of any rank; this is imperative to our impartiality.

Secondly, we were not suggesting your law enforcement and competent agencies were incompetent - this is a legal term often used in international legislation.

Finally, our involvement in this investigation has come entirely as a result of a number of different independent and state news sources from around the world identifying a Swedish aircraft having been shot down in the Congo. It would be absurd for a foreign government to show interest when thus far all sources appear to suggest this is a Swedish-registered airliner. Whilst I would understand an unprovoked correspondence raising suspicion, I suspect your hostility is as a direct involvement of the heightened sense of security within the Congo as a result of the ongoing conflict. We have no confirmation from the Department of Defence that there was an ongoing intelligence operation over Congo.

Permitting our investigators access to the crash site and wreckage will enable us to properly identify the aircraft to clarify whether this even within our remit.

Regards,
Jonas Bäckstrand
Chairperson
Department of Justice
Kingdom of Sweden

Kelly the Mad

SECURE

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II