STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Message to Thailand

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Reinfeldt Administration

To whom it may concern,

I write to you on behalf of the Swedish Accident Investigation Authority, a government authority tasked with investigating accidents and incidents with the vision of improving safety. Our authority is responsible for the investigation of civil maritime transport, road traffic, civil aviation, military and rail accidents and incidents. The civil aviation branch investigates events that have occurred in Sweden however we will also investigate occurrences abroad if involving a Swedish registered aircraft unless otherwise stipulated in any international agreements.

In December 2001 we received a number of third-party reports suggesting that an airliner has been shot down over Congo, some reports suggesting that this aircraft is Swedish registered. This, as you can expect, has generated an investigation to take place within the authority and I have been designated as the Investigator-in-Charge; I will be your best points of contact in relation to this investigation. Our vision is to begin this investigation promptly and to cooperate with domestic law enforcement or competent investigative agencies as appropriate. It is paramount that this takes place immediately. Our investigations usually follow a set pathway defined by: a fact-finding phase, stakeholder meeting, analysis, consultation and final report publication.

As part of our investigation thus far we have identified that the source of publicly available information was from the Bankok Post in-which they reported that 'a top-secret source from the National Intelligence Agency' had provided the information in their release. Their publication is quite specific and I understand generated an internal investigation within the National Intelligence Agency - we believe this information may be essential to allowing us to conclude our report. As such I request complete disclosure of all interviews, statements and ancillary information (radar reports, photographs, videos and internally generated documentation) relating to the events surrounding the downing of this aircraft and in particular the eye-witness whom allegedly provided this information to the Bankok Post. We trust this information will be provided unredacted where national security allows.

I look forward to your imminent response on this matter.

Regards,
Stefan Christensen
Investigator-in-Charge
Swedish Accident Investigation Authority
Department of Justice
Kingdom of Sweden

Bossza007

SECRET
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is encrypted and subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

To: <Stefan Christensen, Investigator-in-Charge of the Swedish Accident Investigation Authority> Connor
Subject: SAIA Request 0001
Security Type: Maximum Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

Dear Mr. Stefan Christensen,

We acknowledge the receipt of your correspondence dated July 8, 2002, from the Swedish Accident Investigation Authority (SAIA). The National Intelligence Agency (NIA) has taken note of your request for "the complete disclosure of all interviews, statements, and ancillary information (radar reports, photographs, videos, and internally generated documentation) relating to the events surrounding the alleged downing of a Swedish registered aircraft over Congo."

To proceed with the due diligence associated with such requests, we kindly ask for the following:

1. Identity and Role Verification: Please provide certified copies of your official identification and your appointment letter indicating your role as Investigator-in-Charge. If other individuals in SAIA will also be handling this information, we would require similar verification for them as well.

2. Investigation Summary: Could you please provide us with a comprehensive briefing about the ongoing investigation? This should include the objective of the investigation, current status, steps taken so far, and how you anticipate that the requested classified information will support the investigation's progress.

3. Legal Authority: Please furnish us with the specific legal provisions or authoritative documents that empower the SAIA to request and manage classified information. This would ideally be in the form of legislation, regulations, or other legal mandates that clearly outline your authority in this regard.

4. Data Security Measures: To ensure the appropriate handling and security of potentially sensitive information, could you detail the data security measures that the SAIA has in place? We are particularly interested in your protocols concerning the protection of sensitive or classified data, the security infrastructure that supports these protocols, and the safeguards to prevent unauthorized access or data breaches.

We hope you understand that these measures are essential to our process and are designed to safeguard national and international security interests. Your prompt response will expedite the review process.

Yours sincerely,
Wiroj Panichakul
Director
National Intelligence Agency

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Reinfeldt Administration

Dear Director Wiroj Panichakul,

Thank you for your prompt response. We are in the final stages of our investigative report and the information you provide will be integral to the completion of this investigation, it is for this reason I ask for this request to be expedited. I have provided you with the requested information below.

1. Identity and Role Verification: I am a civilian investigator and currently appointed Investigator-in-Charge of this case; reference C:1/1/01. My role is appointed by the permanent Chairperson for Civil Aviation, Jonas Bäckstrand. My role is protected and required by law, detailed further in this response.

2. Investigation Summary: At this stage we are unable to provide a comprehensive briefing regarding the ongoing investigation. Our objective within any case is to investigate incidents and accidents with the view to improve safety. As part of this process we usually follow a set pathway defined by: a fact-finding phase, stakeholder meeting, analysis, consultation and final report publication. In this particular case the Thai National Security Agency's internal investigation into a suspected leak, and evidence associated to the identification of this downed aircraft, is integral to the completion of our findings. I stress to you that the information we have thus far indicates the loss of human life.

3. Legal Authority:The Swedish Accident Investigation Authority is enacted by Code of Statute, of which there are several. Primarily our operation is governed by the Accident Investigation Act 1990 (SFS 1990:712) and the Accident Investigations Ordinance 1990 (SFS 1990:717). In order to execute our remit, we need to process personal data. The authority is the controller of that processing of personal data. The authority has the legal right to remove, review and obtain documents or objects which can be assumed to be of significance to an investigation. The authority is also entitled to question or interview anyone who is believed able to provide information of importance to the investigation. These interviews are often recorded. We may furthermore request that witnesses or experts are examined in court or that a party be ordered to provide documents or objects. However, these options are only used in exceptional cases, and only if someone refuses to participate voluntarily in an interview or to provide the authority with documents or objects.

4. Data Security Measures: The handling of classified data will fall under the requirements of the Document Classification and Security Act 1995. I must stress that your investigation will form part of our final report.

Regards,
Stefan Christensen
Investigator-in-Charge
Swedish Accident Investigation Authority
Department of Justice
Kingdom of Sweden

Bossza007

SECRET
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is encrypted and subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II