STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Sweden]: Message to the United Kingdom

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

To whom it may concern,

I write to you on behalf of the Swedish Accident Investigation Authority, a government authority tasked with investigating accidents and incidents with the vision of improving safety. Our authority is responsible for the investigation of civil maritime transport, road traffic, civil aviation, military and rail accidents and incidents. The military branch investigates events that have occurred in Sweden however we will also investigate occurrences abroad if of specific interest unless otherwise stipulated in any international agreements.

Our authority has received an abundance of correspondence in relation to a Swedish Royal Navy operated Olso-class Frigate of the name HSwMS Snö. This vessel was involved in a serious incident in November 1996 which resulted in the vessel sinking and a number of lives being lost during the Antarctic Conflict. The significant public interest has prompted and investigation to be begin into this incident which has been sanctioned by the Executive Office of the Prime Minister of Sweden in order to identify the actual cause. I have been designated as Chairperson assisted by my colleague Håkan Josefsson who will be Investigator-in-Charge; we will be your best points of contact in relation to this investigation. Our vision is to begin this investigation promptly, despite the significant time delay between the date of the original incident and today. Our investigations usually follow a set pathway defined by: a fact-finding phase, stakeholder meeting, analysis, consultation and final report publication.

We understand that the Royal Navy in the United Kingdom assisted the Swedish Department of Defence with a search and rescue operation and identification of the wreckage in the Southern Ocean/Antarctic region. We have been provided your reference of 'Operation Antarctic Rescue' from the Swedish Department of Defence. On this basis please accept this correspondence as a formal data request for all information pertinent to this investigation and your operation(s) relating to the original incident for our final report. It is pertinent that any information of any classified nature is clearly marked to prevent unintentional publication.

Finally, we are preparing for an expedition to the region in order to build a modern portfolio of evidence - we understand that the Royal Navy have some of the most highly skilled and trained open-water divers in the world, and would like to request that you assist us with this evidence gathering operation if at all possible. All expenses will be paid for by our authority.

I look forward to your imminent response on this matter.

Regards,
Jenny Ferm
Chairperson
Swedish Accident Investigation Authority
Department of Justice
Kingdom of Sweden

Jamie

SECURE
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Security Classification:
TOP SECRET

To: Jenny Ferm Connor
Cc:
Subject: Re: Accident Investigation Authority - HSwMS Sno
Attached: OP_ANTARCTICRESCUE_1996.pdf

Good Evening,

I have been assigned to your request due to the involved nature that the Royal Navy had as part of the initial investigation and are able to authorize full, unrestricted access to the files for Operation Antarctic Rescue. Please find the attached file, a password to access the PDF will be sent separately for security reasons. I hope that this will provide adequate information as to assist your investigation of the tragic incident.

Your request for assistance in such an expedition has been approved by the Ministry of Defence, the Royal Navy will be able to provide an ice-breaker to support the tasking with any associated expenses billed to yourselves as agreed. Divers and equipment utilized by our underwater search teams can be transported to the Falkland Islands for transfer onto HMS Arctic Circle who will be able to participate in the operation. We would like to confirm any specific dates you are looking for this to commence please?

If you have any special requests for assets to participate in the expedition, please do let me know and I will try to accommodate them.

Kindest Regards,
Dan

Daniel Surge | UK Defence Minister |

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Daniel Surge,

Thank you for the prompt response of your office in relation to our investigation into HSwMS Snö. Your attached documentation has been graciously received by my office who will now begin an analysis to aid in the fact-finding phase; these documents are being held in accordance with the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995 at a DCSA3 grading 'CONFIDENTIAL' - if this compromises your domestic security classifications please make me aware at your earliest convenience.

Secondly we are delighted to have the support of the Ministry of Defence in our visit of the wreckage with the aid of the world renown Royal Navy. At present we have no anticipated operation date but I will get back to you once we have received word from the Department of Defence in Sweden who will be the lead agency given the dangerous nature of the site and the credible risk assessment which will play a massive part in the organisation process. Support functions will be supplied by the South African and Antarctic Command of the Swedish Armed Forces.

If and when able, could you please supply a quote of anticipated expenses to enable us to forward this onward to our accountants? I understand this figure may vary when we reach the date of payment following the operation.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jenny Ferm
Chairperson
Swedish Accident Investigation Authority
Department of Justice
Kingdom of Sweden

Jamie

SECURE
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II