STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Syria to Ukraine (VTC)

Zach5421

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2021
The Foreign Minister Forouk al-Sharaa would have his assistant reach out to the Foreign Minister of Ukraine to schedule a VTC to begin establishing diplomatic relations.

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

Given the unfolding economic and political strife in Eastern Europe, the Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs was focusing as much manpower as possible on maintaining good relations with its immediate neighbors--or at least trying to prevent increased conflict.

Without going into detail, the Ukrainians would apologize to the Syrians stating that "Minister Gryshchenko will be unavailable for the foreseeable future." But, if Syrian delegation was interested in speaking with Secretary of Ukrainian Affairs in Asia and the Pacific Yuri Kostenko, a VTC would be agreed to.

Zach5421

Zach5421

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2021
The Ministry of Foreign affairs would quickly reply back on the encrypted diplomatic network that they would be happy to talk to the Secretary of Ukrainian Affairs in Asia and the Pacific.

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

Secretary Kostenko would straighten his tie and quickly comb his hand through his chestnut hair as he sat down in the privacy of his office for the conference.

"Masaa' al-khayer Minister Forouk al-Sharaa," he would say as the call began. He had practiced the Arabic words for 'good afternoon' for quite some time and was incredibly proud of what any native speaker would likely consider his heavily accented greeting. "I hope you are doing well. What is it you would like to discuss today? Ukraine is happy to be establishing diplomatic relations with Syria!"

Zach5421

Zach5421

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2021
Private
Minister Forouk al-Sharaa would smile at the greeting from the secretary. He could tell this man cared allot about his job dealing with the nations for the region he was asked to negotiate with.

" Masaa' al-khayer Mr. Secretary, I am doing quite well and I hope the same with you. The reason for this call is to reestablish diplomatic ties with your nation to include requesting permission to set up an embassy for a diplomatic mission to Ukraine. It is also to try and understand what exactly is going on in your nation. From what we can gather it seems your Ministry of Defense has assumed control of the nation after your President was wounded at a speech and since then little has come out of your country. I hope you don't mind us inquiring but unlike what the name of the region your office is responsible for might suggest we are close with one straight in Turkey separating our seas."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

Secretary Kostenko frowned but gave a nod. "Yes, your country is as geographically near to us as some of our European neighbors--who have largely refrained from commenting on Ukraine's internal politics. I can confirm that President Yushchenko was shot while giving an address on the Russian debt crisis. I can also confirm that he is alive and recovering. The Ukrainian government, and specifically the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, shall continue to function as though he is still president--because he is still president." He would pause to take a sip of water. "Does this adequately address your question?"

Zach5421

Zach5421

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2021
Private

"I hope you know we take interest because we care about what happens with our neighbors, we mean no ill will or anything by asking these questions. Maybe if others had played closer attention to the internal affairs of a certain nation your President wouldn't have had to make that fait full address ."

"We hope this call will establish the framework for a strong friendship and to start that we want to wish your President a quick and speedy recovery."

The minister would take a second to give an appropriate pause before he tried to steer the dialogue to a more impactful direction.

"I would like to begin working with you to figure out the best time and location for us to set up a diplomatic mission in your nation to continue the work of developing ties between our two nations, second we have interest in establishing trade routes with your nation as we try to import resources to grow our economy. Finally our Defense Ministry was directed by a foreign defense company that your nation holds the license for older T-55/62 tanks that our cash strapped nation would like to acquire if this is true."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/Encrypted

Secretary Kostenko would relax slightly in his seat. "Tanks? Of course, Ukraine has plenty of those!" He would shuffle around some of the papers on his desk. It had become common for members of the MoF to keep defense product pricing on hand these days. "Was there any particular variant you were interested in, or are we going with the standard model? Pricing varies."

He would pause to add, "Ukraine has inherited a number of products from the Soviet Union. We could see about giving you a discount on future orders if you're in the market for more than tanks."

Zach5421

Zach5421

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2021
Private,

"We are looking for affordable options on the T-72/62 or 55 chassis. With India blocking the purchase of vehicles directly from Russian companies we need a new route to acquire these vehicles. On the topic of future purchases we believe that if Ukraine became a reliable source for armored vehicles that other nations prevent Syria from acquiring that would create an environment in which we would be consistently reaching out to your government as we build our forces."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/Encrypted

"Oh? I suppose they did recently purchase stocks that would allow them to do that. Still, every country has a right to defense, and Ukraine is happy to provide defense products to peaceful countries. We can do the T-72 for $1,700,000 USD, the T-62 for $475,000 per unit, and the T-55 would be the cheapest at $250,000. May I ask how many you intend to acquire? I should add that there is a non-disclosure fee if you wish for these to be produced discreetly."

"What else can Ukraine do to improve relations with Syria? Yours is a beautiful country with a long history. We should like to be better friends."

Zach5421

Zach5421

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2021
Private,

"They may be allowed to do that but Syria will not be bullied into purchasing directly from India which is why we have come to your nation. We are interested in the T-72 and was wondering if that was the base variant or if other variants such as the T-72B were available."

"On the other topics we would of course would like to be provided grounds to establish an Embassy in your nation and we would return the favor. We where originally hoping to establish stronger economic ties via trade however...."

The minister would look to a recently received message from an aid to confirm what he previously read.

"...however Turkey has threatened to block trade to and from Syria through its straights so it would be unwise to pursue direct trade at this time."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

"Of course not, we wouldn't expect any country to put up with such tactic. We're happy you thought to come to Ukraine with your business. I was referring to the base pricing. We can, of course, arrange for the T-72B for $2,650,000.00 or the T-72A can be obtained for $4,055,000.00"

"As for the embassy, I believe you already have one established on Biloruska St in Kyiv!"

His smile quickly faded as the Minister told him about trade and Turkey's threat. "Why's that? Has something happened between your two countries recently."

Zach5421

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Zach5421

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2021
Private

"We would be interested in an initial purchase of 62 T-72Bs to be supplied to the Syrian Army."

"Yes that Embassy was pre-collapse so we wanted to ensure we were still allowed to use it as an Embassy. If this is so we will send a new Ambassador along with Staff to begin right away."

"The Turkish Government feels that its conflict with its own Kurdish population stretches into Syria's population. They have demanded the Syrian Government act to contain a threat that doesn't exist and do to our refusal they have threatened to close the border and restrict the passage of civilian vessels through its straights that bear cargo from or to Syria. While we hope that they back down from their threats we cant make trade deals in good faith with that possibility hovering over us."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/Encrypted

The Secretary would submit the Syrian's order information to the Ministry of Defense in a secure, electronic fashion, so that it could be reviewed.

"We will begin your order as soon as payment is received. Your total comes out to $164,300,000.00 USD. Now, I don't expect there to be any issues with this production, but if India does cause legal trouble for us I sincerely apologize. If that should happen, we will work out another way to procure the tanks Syria so needs to defend its citizens. Know that Ukraine, having experienced ethnic based violence under the Soviet Union, has great sympathy for the Kurdish people. We do not take this situation lightly."

"Is there anything else you would like to discuss today?"

Zach5421

Zach5421

Newcomer
Mar 30, 2021
Private/Encrypted

The Minister would write the number needed to be transferred down so he could make the appropriate transfer.

"We appreciate your support and are glad to find a friend he believes in our cause. I do hope India causes no issues but I know your government will make every attempt to ensure it doesn't."

"I do feel that this brings our conversation to a close. I am glad we were able to make so much progress in this call and look forward to future interaction with you."

GingeOrCringe

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II