STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Tanzania] Message to DR Congo

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
United Republic of Tanzania

Classified and Encrypted

Minister of Foreign Affairs of Tanzania, Jakaya Kikwete

To:

Minister of Foreign Affairs of D.R. Congo, Laurent-Désiré Kabila

Subject:

Diplomatic and Economic Relations

Dear Minister Kabila,

I take great pleasure in initiating an open line of communication between our administrations. As neighbouring states, it is paramount to our own security and prosperity, as well as the wider region, that we establish a close relationship.

I would to start this close relationship by proposing that we establish trade routes - this will be relatively easy given our close proximity. Its come to our attention that your nation is a large producer of uranium, with this information, we were wondering if you produce the specific uranium U-235? If so, we are interested in importing it. This is a vital component in our plan to introduce cheap and widely accessible electricity across Tanzania.

Alongside this, we are interested in developing numerous cross-border infrastructure projects with your nation. I hope you can agree to such.

I shall look forward to receiving your reply.

Sincerely,

J. Kikwete

Minister of Foreign Affairs, E.A.C., Regional and International Cooperation

JJSmithJr

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

From the Zairian Minister of Foreign Affairs:
Laurent-Désiré Kabila
To the Tanzanian Minister of Foreign Affairs: Jakaya Kikwete

Greetings and salutations! It is with great joy that we welcome your government to the world stage and we eagerly look to work with you to develop cross border commerce and trade. We further are eager to work with and lead a strong coalition of all Sub Saharan African states into a commercial future that will see peace and prosperity for all our people.

Our own government having recently escaped from the grasps of the chaos of the Second Congo War. There are indeed large quantities of U-235 Uranium in the areas of Congo around Lubumbashi, as well as unconfirmed untapped areas in the North of the country. We would be willing to open the trade of this resource to Tanzania, but we would be interested in knowing more about your uranium power projects, as we are also looking for independent sources of clean energy for our people. We would be interested in the construction of a major commercial rail line running from Matadi-Kananga-Kalemie-Tabora-Dar es Salaam. This would give our commercial products both ports on the Atlantic and the Indian Oceans, as well provide growth and capital investment for both our nations.

We would also suggest that we move to secure the areas of our borders surrounding Rwanda and Burundi, as the these two nations specifically have been the source of major unrest in Zaire, alongside Uganda, who are largely responsible for the Second Congo War.

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020

Classified and Encrypted

To:

Subject:

Dear Minister Kabila,

Thank you for your warm welcome.

We have been witness to the atrocities of the Second Congo War and it is indeed a desire to see Africa enter an era of peace and prosperity.

That news is music to our ears! As I briefly mentioned before, we intend to utilise this resource for mass energy production via nuclear power plants. We have in fact not long approved the construction of a nuclear plant in the south. It won't produce enough to end the severe domestic shortages, but it will certainly be the first step in doing so.

I'm glad you mentioned the idea of a cross-border transport network, we were brainstorming ideas for such ourselves. A railway line would be most efficient, I do not know much about current Congo railroad infrastructure, but if a railway connection is to be constructed, in Tanzania, it will likely be through an extension of the Mwanza line. This will still allow people and goods to be transported across Tanzania. However, if a railroad is to built, it would have to be built through Burundi, Rwanda or Uganda, and neither of our nations have the jurisdiction to do this. The easiest method for transport currently between us, is through a ferry link across Lake Tanganyika.

As for border security with Rwanda and Burundi, we have no issues as of yet. I am aware of their political instability they face, and the volatility of their situation, so I shall discuss your concerns with my government. As for Uganda, we are well aware of the potential threat they pose. We ourselves have had to deal with Uganda by force only 18 years ago. Despite this, we don't perceive these three nations as a national security threat.

Sincerely,

J. Kikwete

JJSmithJr

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

Laurent-Désiré Kabila

We are eager to work with your government on ensuring a stable supply of power throughout the entire region, as it is a vital cornerstone to any economic growth. We would be eager to thus send observers and technicians to learn from your own Nuclear Power engineers and technicians on how best to set up a plant and how to practically run such a plant. This would allow us to begin work on our own nuclear power stations.

As for Lake Tanganyika, the current method of transit is indeed the ferry link, and it is of vital importance to our government that we establish as many ferry links in multiple cities as possible to ease commercial travel. We however disagree with your assessment of the need of the line to go through Rwanda, Uganda, or Burundi, as we believe that it would be possible to build both a rail and tire bridge spanning Lake Tanganyika. At no point in our two nations histories have stable enough governments sat in power with the capability to undertake such a task.

Let our governments be the ones to bridge the Lake, and bring our two people close together in the process. In the far south of the Lake on our border, it is at its narrowist, only 23 miles, while it would be an ambitious and expansive project, it is achievable, and we believe that with the aid especially of our friends from the United Kingdom to provide some technical support, it could most certainly be done.

Uganda, Rwanda, and Burundi, are accelerant in a constant bush war of instability and chaos. We would advise that we work together to monitor their situations, and that we take steps to ensure that they can be quickly dealt with should the need for action be required.

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020

Classified and Encrypted

To:

Subject:

Dear Minister Kabila,

Indeed. When construction is further progressed and we have something worth sharing with you, we will consider receiving your observers and technicians.

We do not necessarily disagree with the idea of a bridge across Lake Tanganyika, but such project is very ambiguous. At the Lakes narrowest points, its still 36 km wide, and the Lake is surrounded by rough mountainous terrain either side. This bridge would be an enormous cost, with or without British help. And not only that, we would have to construct a major road to the bridge. Even at this narrowest point, whilst its relatively flat on the Congo side,on the Tanzanian side of the Lake is a mountain range, with no nearby road already established; we would end up footing the the majority of the total cost of this project. We can not afford this, and I'm afraid to say, we cannot justify that the benefits are worth that cost. We would sooner prefer to develop our domestic infrastructure at the price.
In fact, it'll probably be far more cost effective for Tanzania to occupy Burundi and Rwanda and build the railroad there.

Alongside this, I do hold hesitations due to possible instability in this region of the Congo, especially following the war.

I know I sound disheartening. In a perfect would where we would have the riches of the world at our fingertips, we would agree without a second thought. But we are not, and we have to look to the opportunity cost of this, and ask ourselves whether this is the best option to put our very limited resources.

Sincerely,

J. Kikwete

JJSmithJr

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

Laurent-Désiré Kabila

Excellent, this information as well as aid from our allies in Argentina, will allow us to operate several of our own domestic Nuclear facilities.

While I certainly understand and hear your concerns when it comes to such a vast and ambitious infrastructure project, I would be negligent in my duties if I did not further expand upon our proposition, having heard your concerns. The Zairian National Transit System is in the process of massive rehabilitation as well as new construction, with help from foreign experts and engineers, we shall be bringing the Zairian Road Network into the modern era, connecting all our major highways and cities with rail and road lines. This planned expansion and rehabilitation will take us most of the coming year, upon its completion, We would then like to revisit this project, the treasury of Zaire would be willing to cover the entire cost of the bridge, as well as fund all of the infrastructure needed to link it with the main highways of Tanzania, in exchange for full ownership over the rights of the bridge itself.

The additional commerce and tariffs generated by the project will more than justify this concession by your government.

We look forward to working with you in other interborder issues and regional affairs moving forward. Do not hesitate to ask or open a dialogue should you need anything.

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020

United Republic of Tanzania​

Classified and Encrypted

To:

Subject:

Dear Minister Kabila,

That surely is an interesting proposal, I think we shall table it for now, and in the near future my government will re-evaluate our stance on this and see where it takes us. That's something I can promise you.

Though now there's currently a ferry link across the lake, and passage through 3rd party states, I think its suitable to discuss the trade of goods. As already mentioned, we would like to import Uranium on a monthly basis. Is there anything you wish from Tanzania's markets, such being: metals, coffee, cotton, gold and phosphates ?

I would also like to discuss with you the current Antarctica issue. I am aware that your nation is not a Global Assembly member, but I believe we should cooperate on this issue. I can imagine that the likely outcome of this Antarctica Resolution is the dividing up of the continent between the western states, the majority being the same states that once divided up Africa for their own greed. I believe, if we are to truly act as emerging world powers, we should have a piece of Antarctica for Africa. I propose that we attempt to section off part of the continent through diplomatic channels and share dual jurisdiction of the territory; it'll be both Tanzanian and Congolese. This can only be a relatively small section of Antarctica, and we're clearly not in the optimal economic condition to conduct research on it, but it will undoubtedly result in our projection of influence across the globe, and assert our position of being the leaders of Africa. Though it may prove a little harder since your nation isn't a GA member state, I believe we can do this for the betterment of Africa. What do you think of this proposal?

I will look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

J. Kikwete

JJSmithJr

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

Laurent-Désiré Kabila

Excellent, it will be sometime before all of our infrastructure renovations are completed regardless, so let us shelf that topic for now.

We would waive the uranium tariffs in exchange for a tariff free trade route on both coffee and cotton, of which we could use to fuel our own industries and export further along the trade line. We would agree to a month to month trade exchange, using the ferry link for now.

As for Antarctica our position has been that of little concern, indeed the pressing concerns of the stabilization of our own nation have taken great priority over the issues in Antarctica, our position will remain the same regardless of what the Global Assembly decides, that is that Antarctica should remain a place free of national interference only for specified scientific research missions. We will support the Argentine position towards the Island, although we do not necessarily oppose the idea of sending African research teams to the continent.

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020

United Republic of Tanzania​

Classified and Encrypted

To:

Subject:

Dear Minister Kabila,

An monthly trade of uranium for cotton and coffee is agreeable to us, we shall complete the paperwork for the trade as soon as possible. For clarification, we would be departing and receiving the goods at Kigoma.

Of course, this issue is not high on the list of priorities, and maybe I am rushing ahead here. I do agree with you that Antarctica should neutral territory, but if in the event that Antarctica is divided up, I think it is only right that we have a slice of the pie too.

Sincerely,

J. Kikwete

JJSmithJr

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Private and Encrypted

Laurent-Désiré Kabila

This trade agreement is satisfactory to my government, and will surely enrich our people as well as increase the positive relations between our two governments. Our goods will depart and be received at Kazimia, Zaire.

If Antarctica is to be divided, than I agree that it is essential that the free peoples of Africa have their own claim, we are certain that the Botha Regime in South Africa will press their own claim.

Speaking of the Botha regime, their rise in South Africa is most concerning to our government. It is our belief that the return of the National Party will greatly destabilize the region, and while we do not wish to interfere with the internal politics of our neighbors in Africa, we are curious to hear your opinion on the matter.

Tuzi