STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand Defense Review 2003 - 2004

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Deep within Bangkok, the center of the Republic of Thailand, the pillars of the mighty Thai Armed Forces congregated here today. The Thai Armed Forces Headquarters, the Command and Control of the Thai military arsenal, was prepared for a pivotal moment in its defense history.

Beep. A man entered the room as its door moved away. A sheening green light flashed as the man walked past it, sealing the passage. "Chief, the Chief of Staff has arrived." His salute was resolute.

With glaring eyes, the Chief of Defense responded. "Let them in." He paused, trying to get used to the new custom. "Thank you for informing me." He finally said it eventually.

"Yes, sir." The man turned back and left the room. After a moment, three men would join the room, each one saluting and addressing him. "Supreme Command." As they finished and let their hand down, they too, tried to get used to new customs. "Good afternoon. How are you?"

As the Defense Chief beheld each person sat on the round table, he answered. "I am not quite well after hearing what has happened to the soldiers of the 2nd Infantry Division, which is supposed to be the best of regular soldiers." He picked up various documents and started putting on his glasses.

A man in a red suit would reply as he too brought up papers. "I am very sorry to hear it and regret that it happened. I will ensure better operational intelligence better for the Army." As he finished, each of them picked up glasses.

The man in a navy blue suit spoke up. "The Defense Modernization has been well-received by the Navy. The legislation to transform all Frigate Squadrons into Naval Expeditionary Group would put us on par with, if not surpass, the British Navy." He flips a page.

Another man in the white suit gazed at the man in the blue suit and remarked. "Your Navy has been acquiring more air assets than the Air Force now. I can't even request for more procurement because there is not enough valid threat to justify it. Our Air Force doctrine is just about us projecting in regional areas, just like the Army." He glanced at the man in the red before turning back. "I wonder if the Government has now fully transited to a blue-water navy mindset."

Turning his gaze from the document, the Defense Chief beheld at them. "As the World Power and Asian Superpower, we are expected to have the capability to project power far beyond our immediate sphere of influence. If I understand correctly, all five Naval Expeditionary Groups will have 15 helicopter carriers and 75 frigates. We only need to account for many replenishment ships, oilers, and supply ships. I would put the number to support and sustain the Surface Fleet to 140 commissioned vessels." He paused, looking at the man in the navy blue. "I wonder if you are bold enough to deploy Naval Expeditionary Group One near Myanmar if they escalate the tension."

All the eyes bow pierced at the man in the blue. "NEG1 is already more powerful than the entire Myanmar Navy. I don't quite agree that such a move wouldn't be under scrutiny. I doubt the government will ever allow that."

The man in the red would interjected. "That would also force me to order the Army to secure our border for potential conflict. I believe we should just discuss the future of our Armed Forces. The Army would be content with an addition of 100 Elbit Hermes 900. It is quite expensive, but our Army is already well-equipped. So, we just need more technology and sophisticated equipment. I see no concern about us losing any significant asset in an open war with our neighbor."

The man in the white would finally join the discussion. "It would be ideal if the Air Force could have an additional 100 multirole fighters. We are also looking for more transport aircraft that have a broader reach. A VIP transport could also be ideal."

The Defense Chief would be marking his document. "The Defense Modernization Bill has given us more budget to balance the government's excessive spending in economic diversification. But, I have to admit that a diversified economy will assist our defense directly during wartime or major military deployment. The US Carrier Strike Group is already in the Middle East. It's a clear flex of their military muscle. World policing shouldn't even be a norm, yet we also must focus on power projection."

A man in the blue would talk. "it might be out of the current scope, but I have planned to establish NEG6 in 2005. I don't want to appear superior, but I believe my Navy has been receiving an excessive amount of funding lately. The deployment of the entire first fleet for a SAR mission of the Thai Airways International Flight TG409 is very impressive for them to allocate that many resources like we are going to war."

As he finished, the man in the white would turn to him and say. "The Air Force was also included in Operation People Resolve. As you know, the diversified economy has already proved that we can deploy a larger asset now."

A man in the red would interject. "Let's keep on track. I believe we have no objection to the Armed Forces expansion. What do you think of it, Supreme Commander?" Everyone turned to the Defense Chief.

"Very well," he began. "I believe our meeting concludes here. I will be filing this conclusion to the Defense Ministry. May peace be with us."

"May peace be with us." Everyone would leave the room after they had uttered a new phase introduced by the government. They had used to it now, as they said it every time as a form of respectful goodbye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II