STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand to Germany | Bilateral Relationship

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"For Article 12 we would like sub-article 2 to read "encouraging private-public cooperation to create conditions necessary for technology transfers and exchanges..."

For Article 7 sub-article 3 we would prefer you to in this meeting express what you understand this clause to mean.

Lastly, we would like the preamble relating to Pax Thailandia to be removed.

That should reflect the majority of our changes. In the meantime, I can not sign it as the Federal Parliament will have to review this treaty and put it up for debate. We will see the results then.

However, it is a promising start to our bilateral relations."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
The Thai Deputy Prime Minister Somkid would nod respectfully and began working toward the new draft of Harmonious Accord. “In the Preamble, I will change it to the Charter of the Global Assembly, as I believe it will suit your nation better. In regard to your article 12 sub-article 2 concern, I assume you are referring to the article 11 sub-article 2? What you refer earlier is clauses for dispute resolutions. However, I will change it to as follow: ‘Mechanisms will be established to facilitate technology transfer and exchange encouraging private-public cooperation to create conditions necessary for technology transfers and exchanges.’ Is this something agreeable?” He would pause, listening to the German Minister’s question.

“For Article 7 sub-article 3, which reads: ‘Both Parties recognize the importance of preserving the independence and autonomy of their respective nations, and hereby vow to refrain from any actions or statements that may undermine or violate this principle.’ This can be translated literally as upholding the non-interference policy. This is the spirit of the sub-article and it is great that you have asked me so we can get on the same page. Thailand recognizes the German democratic process and its right to conduct its affairs based on its people’s will without external influences. Vice versa, we also expect that Germany would recognize it as well. It his agreeable?” Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"With this language, the proposed treaty, I find its terms and conditions moving in the right place. i believe this agreement is evident, reflecting a positive step towards fostering cooperation and mutual benefit.

However, given the current political landscape marked by elections and my government acting in a caretaker role assumed by the government, I believe prudence requires as course of action to defer the signing of the treaty until the new government is in place. This decision aligns with the established protocol during transitional phases, ensuring that the treaty receives the attention and endorsement it rightfully deserves under the auspices of the incoming administration.

Rest assured, once the elections are over and my government returns, we will actively resume discussions and swiftly proceed with the necessary steps for the signing of the treaty. I appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Somkid’s grin radiated satisfaction as the discussion neared its conclusion. "It seems we've covered all essential grounds, haven't we?" he remarked, his voice tinged with contentment. "I'm aware of the transitional phase your government is navigating. Rest assured, Thailand is prepared to wait until Germany is ready for the next steps." He began gathering his documents, his movements deliberate and unhurried.

"With your permission, I'd like to leave you a copy of our current draft for your perusal," Somkid offered, extending the document towards the German Minister. "Furthermore, I'm pleased to inform you that Mrs. Wipawan Benniman will serve as Thailand's ambassador to Germany. She'll be operating from our longstanding embassy and will be available for any further dialogue or assistance your government might require." His smile was warm and inviting, reflecting the goodwill of his nation.

Noting the natural pause in their conversation, Somkid extended his right hand for a concluding handshake. "Today has indeed been enlightening, Minister Boehringer," he said with a light chuckle. "I'm optimistic that our discussions today lay the foundation for a robust and mutually beneficial Thai-German partnership. Don't you think so?" His laughter resonated lightly in the room as he adjusted his attire, signaling the end of their productive meeting. "Thank you for this constructive dialogue. I believe it's the perfect time to bring our conversation to a close," he concluded, his handshake firm and sincere.

Jay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II