STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand to Poland | Formalizing Ties

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

Foreign-Affairs-photo.png

To: <Wiola Gorska, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Poland> ManBear
Subject: Request for a private meeting
Security Type: High Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service - The decryption method is sent separately via fax

Minister Gorska,

I hope this email finds you in a time of successful foreign policy implementations, in good health, and high spirits.

I am writing to you today to express the desire of the Thai Government to formalize the relationship between the Kingdom of Poland and the Republic of Thailand. Poland has been a friendly, honest strategic non-signator partner of Thailand for a few years now. The Thai Government wants to elevate the Polish status into an official ally of Thailand.

You may have heard of the treaty called the Harmonious Accord, which is currently held by three signatories Thailand, Turkey, and France. In the pursuit of a cooperative, and respectful world, Thailand is seeking to expand the coverage of this partnership in Europe, which includes Spain, Portugal, and most importantly, Poland. The Harmonious Accord covers a wide range of understanding and cooperation from good governance and respect for sovereignty to economic cooperation, cultural exchange, and sustainable development.

I want to request a private audience with you to discuss the formalization of the bilateral tie between Thailand and Poland. The discussion, which is a precedent for the treaty signing, will include learning about each other government and policy to strategic interest in Africa and the Middle East.

If the discussion goes well and we agree on a Harmonious Accord, Poland will be recognized as Thailand's official tier III ally, alongside other nations like Spain and Portugal that should be joining shortly. This level of status included the coverage that I have mentioned before. I understand that you would likely need comprehensive dynamics beforehand, so let me explain to you.

At the moment we are proposing France, currently a tier III ally, to elevate its status into a tier II. Other than the existing cooperation and benefits of the tier III status, France will be recognized and given an official defense cooperation this Thailand. This status doesn't include mutual defense. At the moment, Turkey is also a Tier II ally and all nations in Southeast Asia are given de facto Tier I ally status because of our national law on collective defense. For your understanding, Tier I ally will receive an independence guarantee from our nation and other various benefits.

Thank you for considering this request. The Thai Government deeply appreciates the candorness the Polish Government has shown toward us. We have a high hope that Poland will be as optimistic as us regarding our bilateral relationship.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Mr. Pongsapat Patanakosol
Thai Ambassador to Poland
Republic of Thailand

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
To: Pongsapat Patanakosol, Thai Ambassador to Poland Bossza007
Subject: Formalizing Ties
CC: N/A
Security: Secured and Encrypted Secret by POSP
Ambassador Patanakosol,

Thank you so much for reaching out to my office. I hope this message also finds you in good health and high spirits.

Those of us in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs truly appreciate the Thai government reaching out to us in regards to this aforementioned agreement, The Harmonious Accord. We are eager to meet and discuss further formalizing our diplomatic ties with a nation such as Thailand and are happy to host the event with the city of Lublin, which is a city rich in culture and history while also being the location chosen as the headquarters for the attempted Union of European Nations some years ago. We feel this will allow the Thai representatives to get a feel for true Polish culture and history while also allowing our representatives to fully discuss the future diplomatic ties between Poland and Thailand.
Sincerely,

Wiola Gorska
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Poland

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
The Thai Foreign Minister, representing the Thai government, had received confirmation of the Polish Government's intention to host the Thai Ambassador to Poland in the city of Lublin. In response, the Thai Embassy in Poland, employing the secure NSST protocol, communicated with the Polish Government. They provided the estimated time of arrival of their delegation, which included key diplomatic personnel and support staff, and requested a detailed schedule for the upcoming event.

Ambassador Pongsapat Patanakosol, known for his astute understanding of international relations and proficiency in negotiation, represented the quintessential Thai virtues of benevolence and diplomacy. Despite the message from Polish Foreign Minister Wiola Gorska not specifying the customary accommodations and travel assistance typically expected in Thai diplomatic interactions, Ambassador Patanakosol adeptly navigated this cultural nuance. Acknowledging the different Polish customs, he arranged for his delegation to travel via commercial airline, landing at Lublin Airport.

Pongsapat epitomized the virtues of a gentleman as esteemed in Thai culture. Ingrained with a deep consideration for others' feelings, a trait nurtured by his cultural upbringing, he consistently refrained from overstepping boundaries in his everyday interactions. His daily conduct was a testament to generosity, often giving more than he received, mirroring the ethos prevalent in his homeland. Brimming with enthusiasm to impart Thai wisdom in Poland, Pongsapat maintained his composure, acutely aware of the delicacy required in his professional field.

At 34, he shared his life with a woman equally beautiful and kind, his age mirroring hers. Together, they nurtured two children: a curious six-year-old son and a spirited four-year-old daughter. Despite his fluency in Polish and his wife's shared proficiency, their hearts remained tethered to Thailand. Their teachings at home were imbued with the culture of their homeland, a legacy they longed to pass on to their children. Their trips to Thailand were more than mere vacations; they were pilgrimages, a balm for their longing, a way to bathe in the warm, familiar light of their roots. For this man and his wife, it was a fervent hope, a dream that their children would grasp and hold dear the heritage that shaped them.

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Lublin Airport, Lublin, Poland
Private

Upon receiving the filed itinerary from the Thai delegation, the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs set to work immediately, having received no communication from the Thai after their initial message and their own reply of interest for a summit. Having reached out to the IBB Grand Hotel Lublin, they arranged for an entire floor to be set aside for the Thai guests, as well as reserved the Ambasadorska conference room to host their meeting. Prior to the Thai delegation departing from Thailand, the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs would send a secured copy of their itinerary to their Thai counterparts, listing the prestigious Grand Hotel Lublin as the choice of accommodations as well as a list of cultural activities they had been approved for.

Upon the arrival of the Thai delegation at the Lublin Airport, they would be met by Wiola Gorska, two of her own aides, as well as a team of ten security guards from the Polish Office of State Protection. Minister Gorska would offer her hand to the Thai Foreign Minister in greeting, along with a warm smile. "Welcome to Poland, Minister Pongsapat. I am the Minister of Foreign Affairs Wiola Gorska and these are my aides, Piotr, and Julita." She would motion with two fingers for the security guards to step forward. "This will be your security during your stay in Poland. I am sure you must be exhausted from your flight so if you will follow me, we will take you to your accommodations for the summit." She would motion with her hand for the Thai team to follow the security personnel, dressed in casual clothing and loose fitting jackets that hid WIST-94 pistols and PM-84 Glauberyt submachine guns.

Following the Polish security team would lead the Thai diplomatic staff and the Polish staff towards a line of black government Mercedez-Benz G-Wagons that would be utilized to transport them around the city of Lublin. Once piled into the vehicles an d luggage loaded, the front two seats of each vehicle being taken over by two security guards, the convoy would begin moving towards downtown Lublin and the location of ther IBB Grand Hotel Lublin. Unknown to the Thai personnel, each vehicle had two FB Mini-Beryl assault rifles, six ballistic vests, and ten magazines of ammunition per assault rifle loaded underneath the baseboard of the cargo area, in an effort to buy the best protection for the esteemed guests.

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
"So, we've arrived?" A chuckling sound eclipsed from the lip of the Thai ambassador, Pongsapat. "Don't you think they have got something wrong? But Lublin is a beautiful place."

A laughter echoed from his left elbow, "It sure is." Picking a paper up, he adjusted his glasses. "They seem to misunderstand a lot of things." As he lingered, another page turned by. "I thought you were requesting a private meeting with the Polish Foreign Minister. They presume that you aren't in Warsaw."

A moment departed, and the plane shed its fleece. As Thai delegates stood up from their seats, an oddly, impressive air suffocated the room. Perhaps, they weren't prepared for this unexpected visit.

Swinging open, the airplane door revealed a diligent man in his old-school brown suit. As he descended from the stairway, he could see the privileged man shelving for him. Warming the man up with his genuine Wai on quite an approachable visage, he then extended his right hand.

"Minister Gorska, it's my greatest pleasure to meet you." He paused, expecting his proficiency in their mother tongue could charm them. "Piotr, and Julita, thank you for being here." He greeted them with Wai before offering a handshake.

"Please don't mind it, Minister, but I must clarify. I am the Thai ambassador to Poland. I have been serving at the Thai Embassy in Warsaw for quite a few years now. If there was any mistake during the communication, please accept my apologies."

Pongsapat would then follow the Polish guidance during his visit to Lublin.

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Lublin Region Airport, Lublin, Poland
Private

Wiola would offer a chuckle of her own at the confusion. "Apologies for the mistake, Ambassador. These mistakes happen from time to time. With so many nations, ambassadors, and people of important visiting Poland more and more often, there must have been an error in the title placed on the schedule. I suppose you probably wouldn't mind such a promotion, though." She offered another chuckle at the mix-up as a sort of dismissive measure while she gave the Ambassador a gaze to insinuate that Thailand had made worse mistakes in the diplomatic arena than the one they were currently facing.

"As you have certainly been stationed within Poland for some time, have you ever had the pleasure of visiting Lublin or any of the other cities within Poland?" She would ask as they were making their way to the Black G-class SUVs assigned to them.

ibb-grand-hotel-lublinianka.jpg

Grand Hotel Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Private

The vehicles would arrive outside of the historic building located in the heart of Lublin and the security guards would carefully dismount from their vehicles and open the doors to allow the Thai and Polish delegations to remove themselves from the vehicles under secured conditions. Once inside the hotel, Wiola would produce enough keys to cover the Thai entourage's rooms and hand them to the Ambassador and any other Thai member who needed one. She would then motion for the delegation to follow her up the stairs to where the conference room was located, situated in the bell tower of the elderly building.

cyQ4dpAkDqw8xosnHZX0.jpeg

Ambasadorska Conference Room, Grand Lublin Hotel, Lublin, Poland
Private and Secured

Having previously been swept by the Office of State Protection for bugs, the security agents would open the doors and allow the delegations to enter the room. Water and finger snacks had already been placed on the table to prevent any interruptions to their talks as they progressed. Once both delegations were inside the room, the security agents would shut the doors behind them, allowing them privacy.

"Well, Ambassador, please take a seat and begin from the beginning regarding this Harmonious Accord you mentioned in your communication to me." She would motion for the Ambassador to seat down across from her before she would sit down.

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
The Thai Ambassador Pongsapat would laugh and be cordial and enjoyable during his travel and conversation with the Polish Foreign Minister Gorska. Pongsapat was a genuine man in a manner that might look too naive to the typical ethicality superior mindset of the Western power, which he now experienced firsthand with the Polish Minister.

"I have traveled to Lublin for many times. It is indeed a beautiful place. It reminds me of the scenery at home, Thailand, but in its gorgeous way."

The Thai ambassador and his advisor would remain within the sphere of security and luxury of the Polish hotel and protection. Yet, he had already gotten used to the Western norm of deeming a person, like him, higher than other people, which was almost non-existence in Thailand unless a foreign diplomat came.
As he was in the private room with the Foreign Minister of Poland, Gorska, he would remain composed yet approachable.

"Thank you for having me, Minister Gorska." He talked as he smiled. "Yet, before I could begin the talking of the Harmonious Accord, I believe it would be optimal that we learn and understand about each other domestic policy. This is the most important aspect that we determine whether anyone deserves the trust of our government. Those are the ones we call "friend," relationships where we will learn and grow together." He paused, picking up a paper, a document, and a pen.

"I am curious about the democratic and governance nature of Poland. It is very hard to find the online and public information of every nation in the world, which I have seen only Thailand has. So, please educate me on how your government works.

Another thing is that I want to know if Poland champions the idea of non-interference in other national affairs and to another extent, the regional sovereignty and non-interference of those in Asia. The last thing is whether Poland has set any sustainability goal."

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Wiola would smile at the mention of the Ambassador visiting Lublin before. She had a particular fondness for the city as that was where her grandparents had been raised and currently live. Yet, she generally only had time to visit the great city in the present day for work related reasons, just as she was now.

"Poland's domestic policies encompass a wide range of topics and I am more than happy to explain each one to you in an effort to promote transparency and bilateral relations between our two nations. As for Poland's governance, we are technically an absolute monarchy that was imposed by the will of the people by a referendum in the Senat and the Sjem in 1998. We also embody principles of a constitutional monarchy that allows the people to vote for members of the Senat and the Sjem, the primary legislative body for the Kingdom of Poland. While the King does maintain the authority to abolish the Sjem and the Senat, he cannot overrule the election process to install a new Sjem and Senat. Local governances are maintained the same as they were before the change in governmental types, local elections held in region and towns. Are there any specifics in regards to Poland's government that you have questions regarding?"

"As for the idea of non-interference into national affairs of another nation, yes. Poland certainly supports this idea of non-interference but Poland also believes that when the government of a nation is no longer serving the people, the people have the right to dismantle that government and install one that will serve the people. We do not lord over our citizens because it is our god given right, but that we are given that chance to lead our people into the future by the grace of our citizens. For your extension into regional sovereignty, that is a question that requires a multifaceted answer. While we believe each nation in the world has a right of self determination, we also believe that regional powers oftentimes overstep those bounds in order to promote their ideas on their small and weaker neighbors in an effort to promote regional unity. As you can probably gather from Poland's past, we are not one to take imperialistic threats lightly. While Asia is quite a ways from Poland's sphere of influence it is not outside of the purview of Poland's ideals of national sovereignty."

"For Poland's sustainability goal, Poland is working on projects that will remove Poland's reliance on foreign powers for national defense means. For civilian matters, Poland is currently self reliant on energy and in the process of migrating away from non-renewable sources of energy and towards green energy. We currently operate a single nuclear power plant, six hydroelectric plants, and fifteen wind farms. We hope to increase the nuclear power plants to a total of three in the near future. Besides electricity, Poland has always been self-sustaining the areas of agriculture and other areas."

"As you said earlier, Thailand has done a remarkable job in promoting its democratic and governance nature for all to see, but we have some questions in regards to Thailand's views on non-interference and how it views regional sovereignty and non-interference in regards to regions outside of Southeast Asia. As well as her own sustainability goals for the future."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ambassador Pongsapat was genuinely delighted when he heard back from the Polish Foreign Minister. While his culture has nurtured him to be composed Thai inclination to express a strong, positive vibe couldn't be hidden by him.

"I thank you for your detailed and insightful answer regarding the governance of the Kingdom of Poland, Minister Gorska." His smile was chaperoned but a pink giggle on his cheeks.

"It is very admirable that the Polish has such a massive and substantial infrastructure to support its national power usage. I presume that it is not something most people might know as nations, almost every, are intentionally isolated from the international communities. I believe Thailand and Poland have a shared goal that is very ingrained in our development view. I have no doubt why Poland has always been the most strategically important partner of Thailand in Europe." Laughter followed his words and never ceased to spread its warm mood.

"The current Polish nation and its governance style were born around the same of our Republic, 1998. Our nation was imbued in war and economic recessions. You might have heard of the Rattanakoson Empire which annexed Laos and Cambodia earlier that year. It was not long before the Thai 1998 Revolution happened. We are living in the same time yet so vastly different in our historical juncture." He chuckled as he mentioned the concurrency of time's relentless march.

"I am very intrigued yet comprehend your perspective on the regional sovereignty, which I feel compelled to clarify our stance too." He paused before he straightened his back. "I believe that the era where the Asian nations, at least among the Southeast and the East, skirmish and accuse each other for being too democratic or communist has long gone. While the Asian nations further into the West, particularly those in the Middle East and Central Asia, are still inclined to Western hegemony due to their identity crisis recent events have proven the situation to be better each passing year." He paused again, sipping his drink if there was any left.

"Thailand has always championed the cause of democracy and human rights. We are proud to call ourselves the beacon of those value that is almost non-existence or underrepresented in Asia. Thailand, by this I mean both our government and its people, is very sensitive to how other countries view us regarding those terms. We have gone through one of the most radical changes and transformations in modern history. And we believe that we have learned and grown considerably. Many people, almost everyone who visits the Republic of Thailand, often experience culture shock when they are exposed to our culture. We are one of if not the single, egalitarian, and participatory democratic nations in the world. While such a diplomatic arrangement for my visit to Lublin is very appropriate, properly respectful, and a must for the international community, it is extremely old-fashioned and inappropriate in my home country unless a foreign diplomat visits. We have lived through a time, especially from 1995 to 1999, that has taught and enlightened us that all people, whether living or deceased, are all human and equal. It is an offensive taboo in our formal setting if we act as if we are superior to others. I hope that can help you have a grasp of Thailand. You and your country have taught me many lessons about Polish culture, something I deeply appreciate. It would be considered an insult in my culture too if I don't reciprocate your effort." He laughed as he joked delightfully.

"Thailand places a strong value on the non-interference of all nations. We believe that each country's sovereignty is determined by the will of its people, not the geopolitical definition of a government having complete authority over its drawn boundaries. France, Turkey, and Thailand, all signatures of the Harmonious Accord, all acknowledge and agree with this sentiment. We believe that a country is nothing without a nation, a nation is nothing without its government, and a government is nothing without its people, and people are nothing without their agency, freedom, and dreams. We believe that a government nor a country gains its legitimacy through the wielding of its authority but by the compliance of those in power to represent their people. The Empire of France is recognized as legitimated by our government not because they won the civil war, but because the subsequent public approval of them is telling. In another way, the Union of Myanmar isn't considered legitimate or exists by our government because their population does not approve of them nor they were accurately represented." He paused again, ready to bring the discussion broader.

"The Republic of Thailand believes in regional sovereignty and unity and does not believe in global interferences in regional affairs. Thailand is a nation that has, while arrogantly rejected by the Western powers excluding Poland, become a victim of the international organization and its justice system. We have appealed, over 50 pages long that took us almost a year to make, to the successor of the UN's ICJ, yet they told us they have no jurisdiction. This means that almost 99 percent of all international disputes are not considered appropriate for the single existing international court system. Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia were betrayed by the international organization with only a dozen nations recognizing them and mostly controlled by the Western powers. The subsequent Fourth Indochina War was now a cruel reminder of where our deeply ingrained mistrust began. We were backstabbed by the Western-led hegemony like other Asian nations times and times again. It would be very atrocious for us if Thailand, the only powerful country in Asia, to not stand up for the well-being and human rights of all Asians."

He paused, ready to focus on Poland again.

"I would like to know the foreign policy of the Kingdom of Poland. What is your overarching goal, pillar, or foundation? What countries does Poland currently have a relationship with, both positive and negative?

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Wiola would listen eagerly to the Thai Ambassador as he spoke at length. She would take a moment to write notes down on the legal pad that was set next to her by Piotr before taking his seat. The notes would be information to be disseminated throughout the Foreign Ministry as well as questions to be asked of the Ambassador after he had finished speaking. She would smile and nod at the appropriate times to show that she was listening keenly to the man as he spoke. She would even offer a smile at the man chuckling at some joke he said regarding the Thai culture. At the mention of Myanmar, Wiola would listen intently as to their reasoning behind the aggression between the two states. It reminded her much of how her children had acted growing up. Constantly fighting over some perceived slight or form of aggression. Then, at long last, it was Wiola's turn to speak at length.

"Thank you for that information, Ambassador." She gave a warm smile to the man before beginning her own dialogue."

"While the current governmental style of Poland was born around the same time, Poland still boasts one of the oldest constitutions ever formed. Rivaled by that of the United States only. Poland has been steeped in democracy long before most of the modern nations thought of the idea. So we can appreciate Thailand's stance in regards to being a democratic nation. And I apologize for any perceived slight in regards to the security assigned to protect you during your visit to Lublin but I am afraid, you have the intention wrong. Polish people exhibit a higher amount of freedom than a majority of people, I bet even Thailand would have a tough time competing with Poland in that regard. With this freedom comes certain unsavory element that attempts to impose their own ideals on others. As we have witness earlier last year during the troubles in Warsaw. And in your own country with the embassy bombings of the United States and Poland. It is because of these acts that have happened worldwide, not just within our own, that we have heightened security for foreign dignitaries, which you are incidentally. While we do not believe you are more important than the average Polish person, far from it in fact, we do have a duty to protect your body and your life from these unsavory elements present within both of our nations. I'm sur eyou have some experience with these elements after the protest outside of the Thai embassy following the Thai-New Caledonia controversy."

"As for non-interference, Poland does not oppose that ideal but we are also keenly aware of what happens when a nations choose to follow this doctrine even when there is reasonable reason to believe that there will be severe consequences for maintaining that position. There have been many atrocities committed in the world due to nations not wanting to interfere with the national sovereignty. Like the Rwandan Civil war that resulted in the deaths of how many innocent civilians due to genocide?"

"In regards to your statement regarding the ICJ," she would pause to look at the notepad before her. "Is that why your government has stated a policy of not following the Resolutions of the GA or consider her to have any authority due to the negligence of the organization?" She asked that with the same smile on her face as when she began, one that, itself, was warming and had the sincerity of a mother talking to her children. "And Thailand is not the only democratic nation in Asia, though you are by far the most active on the world stage at the current time. It seems Thailand does not have a high opinion of the Western world in regards to the various statements made in regards to western powers. While the western powers are no better than the east, it seems to hint at some underlying disdain for those nations you've stated betrayed Thailand, Cambodia, and Laos. Poland was not aware of any document submitted to the Global Assembly, the organization that would have the authority to respond to national threats. I, of course, have no working relationship with the ICJ and only barely one with the Global Assembly itself, believing the ambassador stationed there to be more than adequate with handling the affairs there but I will reach out to him after our meeting has concluded to discover what he knows in regards to that situation."

She would pause to take a sip of the water, her motherly smile never leaving her face as she took the momentary break from speaking.

"As for Poland's foreign policy. It has the base of the standard foreign policy. Promote friendship and peaceful communication with other nations. Improve trade relations and, if possible, improve Poland's position and that of our citizens by friendship and peaceful communications. To extend from that, the Kingdom has established itself as the chief spoke person towards the equal treatment of people no matter their race, religion, creed, or sexuality. Poland has historically been one of the most progressive nations in regards to this stance. Boasting a large Muslim and Jewish population from the 17th century and after, even despite the various troubles Poland has been through. Even through World War II, Poland has attempted to assist the Jewish people through the troubles, often times evacuating jews from Poland to elsewhere. As for what countries Poland has relations with, our Ministry of Foreign Affairs website has a list of countries that what nations have a positive or negative relationship with Poland as well as what nations have travel endorsed by the government of Poland. I will say, Poland's chief ally is the true Republic of Ukraine as well as the Republic of Korea. We have maintained peaceful relations with both of these nations longer than most after the reformation of the Kingdom."

"In short, Poland's foreign policy is to be a true champion of the people and average citizen of the world. We will utilize whatever means we have to to insure the safety of the citizens of the world and to avoid wars around the globe. This does not mean we will break international law or binding resolutions of the Global Assembly to accomplish this goal. Poland's first weapon in the arsenal to protect the people will always be diplomacy but, as you may be aware, diplomacy will not always resolve the situation."

"What is Thailand's foreign policy?"

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ambassador Pobgsapt was visibly delighted during his time with the Polish Foreign Minister. If there was a photographer presented, the picture of them smiling could be seen as a depiction of the positive relationship between the two countries. Pongsapar would move back to clarify his stance a bit before returning to the foreign affairs matter. He would always be keenly aware of his counterpart, giving the full attention they deserved.

"That's a very great answer, Minister Gorska. I apologize for any misunderstanding of my Polish language. What I meant was that this kind of security arrangement was not particularly ordinary in our home. We usually be close to the ground when foreign diplomats arrive. Which is something we fully appreciate when we look at it from the international community perspective. I have no intention to cause any slight. The Thai people enjoy many freedoms as well, and our governing government, including all political parties, believes in the ideology of progressivism and social liberalism. It is great to get a confirmation from you that the Polish share a similar freedom. Also, how we describe democracy is perhaps a little more different from others. Most countries are representative democracies, and while we have the aspect of those, any final decision usually comes from the direct democracy principle. The people can always start a referendum by themselves at any time, which is the reason why we demobilize all troops when two hundred thousand Myanmar soldiers are at our border. But we don't mean that they are hostile. We were both struck in the Security Dilemma. You might know it well. Regarding our ingrained distrust of the GA and ICJ, I believe it is very telling already that some Western powers only care about their interest, which is very concerning and destabilizing."

Pausing, he sipped his drink again. Picking up a piece of paper, he drew boxes. "Let's play tick-tac-toe?" He chuckled and smiled as he gazed at the Polish Foreign Minister. "I went to Japan a few months ago for a diplomatic event. Just learned that hundreds of years ago, the Japanese people would play something together during the conversation to keep it light. It seems weird for a typical formal setting, but I doubt you haven't known already that Thailand never seeks transactional relationships." He would partake in trivial activities with the Polish Foreign Minister for a few minutes before returning to the discussion. He would share something about himself and his life, hoping to get closer to his counterpart.

"The Thai foreign policy is spearheaded by our flagship policy, Pax Thailandia. The policy's main goal and objective is to foster an independent and democratic Asia continent. We aspire to a world where Asian nations are not under the influence of any Western nation and where each of our nations has a platform to voice their opinion and concerns that will be respected and heard." He paused.

"Another policy, which is a long-term goal and likely takes decades, is the establishment of the Asian a united Asian continent under one banner. This is the final goal of Pax Thailandia. While it is impossible at the moment, we are trying our best to foster a positive, respectful, and cooperative relationship between Asian nations. We truly believe that the entire world, in a distant or near future, can unite under the same flag that drew our entire world. We wish to promote the cause of democracy, not just from a superficial level, but to the deepest level of the grassroots. We wish to promote the cause of human rights and equity, not equality. We believe from the deepest chasm of our hearts and soul that no one is superior or deserves better treatment than others. Whether they are ordinary citizens, business magnets, country leaders, monarchs, or even religious heads, they are all people under the same biological definition. We believe social class is just a barrier that those with better opportunities from the past create to secure their position and legacy. And we believe those barriers could be blurred or even destroyed after what we have witnessed in Thailand." He paused.

"I think that it would be delusional to not acknowledge that Thailand is a leading democratic country. It would also be delusional to believe that Poland is not a nation that has spearheaded LGBTQ+ rights."

Moving forward, he would remark in a casual and satisfactory tone. "I believe our countries have much to learn and grow together. Having a chance to finally discuss on equal terms is not easily found. I am glad I get to be here with you today." He smiled before opening his briefcase.

"The other subject I would like to talk about is a very sensitive one. It could be very easy for us or very difficult based on our stance. I hope we remain transparent." He would pick up a few papers, most of which had markers saying 'DECLASSIFIED.'

"We, by this I mean you and I, have two topics that I want to discuss first." He paused. "Not long ago, a fleet of at least 9 Polish vessels passed through the Timor Sea. While Thailand does not have any intention to disrupt the freedom of navigation of the Polish Navy, it is quite a regional concern that Thailand has to carry " He pointed at the very technical papers that encompassed weather reading, navigational data, and transcript Thai Coast Guard and Polish Navy to radar signature, processed radar detection, general characteristic of the Polish vessels, and visualization of the those warship base on 3D radar.

"The Thai Defense Ministry is impressed by the Polish Naval reach, particularly its intention to sail further to the Pacific. But as you know, such a massive naval movement, especially the communication that it is a military exercise, was unconventional. It was only a minute before one of the conclusions showed up that the Polish Navy planned to be operating in Asia. Poland, based on public knowledge, has no naval base anywhere in Asia or the Pacific. There were only three nations with active foreign military bases, which are the three most influential countries, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States. I would like to know if you have to knowledge of this exercise. I believe the Foreign Ministry usually has information to at least answer to the public. The Thai Navy Coast Guard received many complaints from local authorities because of this. So I would like to know if the Polish Navy is willing to be more transparent. While I have no intention of encouraging the changing of your domestic policy, the Harmonious Accord encourages the transparent nature of the government."

He would pick up another document with various descriptions and images.

"At the moment, our intelligence suggests and has evidence that Poland is conducting an intelligence operation targeting Israel. While our government fully recognizes that the Polish nation is indeed conducting such an operation from our past communication, I would like to ensure that it doesn't cause any unnecessary escalation. While most people, including Thailand and Poland, would essentially respond by operating under international laws, I doubt that any nation does adhere to it without taking advantage."

He would pause for a while but remain in a manner that he hadn't finished.

"Before you could say anything, I want to make it clear that we aren't opposing or trying to influence your government's decision. But since our agenda today is to understand if the Polish nation could enter the Harmonious Accord, transparency is our foundation. France is a responsible country, we respect that. The Turkish Ottoman, while radical, always listens to our feedback. Those nations aren't governed by elite people who don't care about others. They are led by someone who has been chosen by their people to represent them. It sounds like an overused trope, but the nuanced makes it different." He paused.

"Also, what all current signatories of the Harmonious Accord have in common is very distinctive. It is that we try to bridge the difference between the East and the West. We truly want to learn about each other. We don't deem any nation, including the three of us, to have the right to police others. While I understand that Poland benefits from the traditional and international power-wielding of the United States of the United Kingdom, I want to remind you that the world is changing. It is not like the United States ever has the right to police others, most people agree, and it is not like Thailand can force the Myanmar military to step down, everyone knows it. What the world needs is cooperation. If you need a clear example, you could look at Thailand and the United States. We are dubbed as a strategic rival by the Spanish President. We never want to be a rival, we want to be friends. Just like how your Republic of Korea is. We are their brother-in-arms, if it isn't clear, just like the late Vietnam. All the United States does is suspect us, perhaps even confidence that we would launch a war and annex Myanmar. Thailand isn't a superficial entity. It is an entire nation." He paused again.

"I have been talking too much. But, the last thing that you need to know is: that Poland is at the juncture between empowering the traditional, unequal hegemony, or supporting a blunt, envisioning nations for the equal and united world."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Private​

Wiola would shake her head at the mention of a perceived slight. "There is no need to apologize, Ambassador. We are simply speaking and must acknowledge that Polish is not your native language and I, unfortunately, do not speak Thai. We could, in an effect, get a translator here but having to talk through a third party may cause even more confusion due to intent and inflection being lost in translation." She would continue to offer a warm smile towards the Thai ambassador as she spoke.

"Poland is agreement with Thailand in the regard that everyone was created equal, however, we must disagree partially with the statement that deserves better treatment. We believe that everyone's basic needs change and evolve daily. By maintaining the philosophical viewpoint that everyone is the same regardless of class and creed, there are cases where those in the lower classes deserve better treatment than those in the higher classes. Which is why your nation has offered public assistance to those migrant workers from Myanmar. Because you nation believed that needed to be treated better, in some case, than other portions of the population. Whether this is simply due to culture of Thailand or the philosophical view point is up for you and the Thai people to decide."

"While I agree with your statement in regards to western nations only caring about personal interests, I can counter by stating the same for some eastern nations. I have found most nations will act in their own personal interest when interacting with other nations, whether they intend to or not. Poland does attempt to restrain itself from acting too much in its own self interest but there are times when one must act in ones self interest to further the stability of their citizenry and to protect their national interests. No insult is intended with this but it is much like Thailand's Pax Thailandia policy. It's main goal is to promote an independent and peaceful Asia and yet it also serves the purpose of united Asia under one banner, which I am assuming is the Thai banner or an international organization similar to the GA for just Asian nations. Much like ASEAN was intended to be?"

"I agree social classes are a meaningless addition to society that was brought forth to cause dissent among the citizens and fuel distrust between the classes. It's why Poland has worked hard to close these class and religious gaps. This is why Poland is officially a catholic nation with strong ties to the Holy Mother Church but it also sees the intelligence in not alienating a group of people based off of their religious creed. I am sure our respective gods are actually very good friends and get very concerned about our mental well being when they see us infighting so much." She would offer a chuckle of her own at the joke towards the gods. It was a light hearted joke to ease the tension of religious and class talks.

"I feel that unifying under one flag, while a lofty dream, is not a realistic one for the immediate future. Even for just a single region. Until the rest of the world's citizens embrace that philosophy that we share that everyone was created equal and can put aside their religious differences, I believe it would cause nothing if not more infighting between those people under that flag. Should Thailand wish to proceed towards working towards this goal, Poland will eagerly watch and provide moral support." Her smiled widened slightly and offered a slight chuckle towards providing moral support.

At the mention of the Polish vessels sighted in the Timor Sea, Wiola would lean back and let Piotr whisper something in her ear before leaning back.

"Sorry about that. One of Piotr's jobs is to liaise with the Ministry of National Defense with interests that would be of concern with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As far as I am able to reveal at this time, the Polish vessels sighted travelling through the Timor Sea and into the Pacific are one a long-term training exercise to test the capabilities of the Polish Navy and their ability to respond to anywhere in the world for various crises that may emerge. Whether it is for peacekeeping missions with the Global Assembly, humanitarian missions undertaken outside of the GA, or force projection. I must correct you, however, there are four nations that operation foreign military bases. Poland currently operates two foreign bases, one in the former Empire of the Congo and the other in the Sultanate of Egypt and the Sudan. If you wish to pass the complaints along to myself, I will be sure they are brought up with the Ministry of National Defense to better change the policies regarding exercises to reduce the impact on foreign civilians."

"As for the hypothetical intelligence operation that may be underway in the Mediterranean Sea would most likely be one of pure observation. One could say such a mission has since evolved to a foreign training exercise to better be equipped for future missions with the fall of the Al-Qud militia in Palestine." The cryptic response Wiola gave in regards to the intelligence operation was the standard response she uses when discussing intelligence operations when foreign nationals that are aware of said operation.

"While I understand the need to be transparent between allies, there are some instances that even close allies shouldn't be made aware of. Simply for the sake of the safety of those involved and the security of the mission, some information should be kept at home and not informed, unless absolutely necessary. But we agree in regards that the United States does not have the right to police everybody but, as a world power, the United States does have a job to insure the safety of the people of the world. Just like Thailand is doing with the Southeast Asian region. While the United States can overstep their bounds, and have done so in the past. But also, the United States acting as a peace officer has helped stabilize the world in parts, such as Operation Gothic Serpent. While it had failed, it was done in order to protect the people of Somalia from a man who terrorized his people. But I would also disagree that Poland benefits from the power wielding of the United States and the United Kingdom. Neither one of them have interacted to protect Polish interests abroad or domestically in recent years. At least, not since the formation of the Global Assembly."

Wiola would pause and reflect on the last statement the Thai Ambassador has said while taking a sip of her own water.

"That is a very black and white way of looking at the precipice we find ourselves on, Mr. Ambassador. I think there is a third road split off from those two paths you mentioned. That third option is one that is not utilized by many nations of the world. One that finds the good and bad in both traditional ways of thinking and the more modern ways of thinking. One that involves attempting the removal of the bad while maintaining the good of both. Poland is the epitome of where tradition blends with modern. From architecture to social services. As Robert Frost once said:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ambassador Pongsapat would remark on the brilliance of his Polish Foreign Minister counterpart.

"You are a person with luminance, minister. I truly admire you and do not doubt why this nation has chosen you to lead its foreign affairs." He laughed with an exhilaration. "I agree with everything you say. Isn't it ecstasy that we have so much of common ground? Thailand always tries to balance its national interests with regional and ally interests. We believe that Thailand could be a cooperative and respectful partner to Poland. Counting all the signatories, and if we included all de facto Southeast Asian nations, we are already at 14 members. Yes, Timor Leste is a country. It would be more than a pleasure for all of us to have another like-minded member in the house. Japan also seems to be coming back on the world stage. Our delegation is already in Tokyo. In Europe, we have sent envoys to Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, and the most troublesome Germany." He paused.

"I want to know if you, personally, fancy to see Poland join the Harmonious Accord thus far. Shortly, we are going to hold a summit for all signatories to meet and learn about each other. In the end, if everything is successful, we will draft the collective charter of the Harmonious Accord to make it an international alliance founded on mutual understanding and respect." He would pick up his phone and show her a picture. "At our Foreign Ministry, everyone is working hard for a safer and more peaceful world. Everyone is excited to see this many nations, especially from Europe, express their interest in joining the Harmonious Accord. One of the foundations of it is the Charter of the Global Assembly. I believe it is something Poland would like to hear." He chuckled as the discussion had been fruitful and extensively productive.

"About the military, which I believe we have been more comfortable discussing as time passed, I would like to file a complaint, on behalf of the Thai Government and other maritime authorities, to the Ministry of National Defense. We would be glad if they notified us of the passage beforehand so we can plan on how to minimize the disruptions."

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
"Thank you for the heartfelt compliment, Mr. Ambassador. I can safely say speaking with you has been enlightening and can see why Thailand has chosen you to act as their ambassador to Poland."

"The outcome of Poland signing the Harmonious Accord will, ultimately, fall towards His Majesty, the King. While I have certain leeway as to what treaties I can sign and ratify, something of this magnitude will require the signature of the leader of our nation. I'm sure you can understand that." Piotr would lean forward and tap the Polish Foreign Minister on the shoulder, bringing her attention away from the Thai Ambassador momentarily. "I also have a question for you, sir. It seems that some documents of a classified Polish operation within the Mediterranean have been leaked, including aerial photos of Polish ships operating in the area, among other details. It seems the message was tagged with a quote from yourself that you stated earlier. ''A nation is nothing without its country, a country is nothing without its government, a government is nothing without its people, the people are nothing without their agency, freedom, and dream. Be wary and salute peace.' is the exact quote from the message and I'm sure are aware of the fact you said this earlier in our meeting. I have to ask, having had the discussion prior regarding the operation security the necessary requirements to keep certain aspects of operations a secret, your government would reveal this information to the public and the wider world. You speak of working in harmony but your government has apparently felt the need to endanger Polish service members lives needless. As for your complaint, you will need to contact the Ministry of National Defense directly to file the complaint."

She would retrieve her notepad and place it in the briefcase before handing it off to her aide, Piotr. "If there is nothing else you wish to discuss, I will have you escorted back to the airport where you may board a plan back to Warsaw to resume your post at the embassy."

She would not wait for a response before she stood from her seat and opened the door, alerting the security agents that the meeting had concluded. The motherly smile had transformed to a facial expression every child would know meant that their mother was disappointed in them. Not angry. Just disappointed.

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Pongsapat smiled as he heard the compliment from his Polish Foreign Minister counterpart.

"I'm really glad that we have had a conversation today. While Thailand and I respect the constitutional and governance process of your nation, I would like to reaffirm that Thailand is always open to fostering a cooperative relationship with any country in the world that champions peace, democracy, and human rights." He would pause as he turned to answer a question.

"Yes, those words are the guiding philosophy of our government since the inception of the Republic of Thailand. I see the reason why anyone would conclude it has been orchestrated by us. Whether or not we do it, I have no idea and I would bring this up to the Foreign Ministry to inform you afterward. But, I have a telling for you regarding my insight. If Thailand is indeed a nation behind it, the intelligence report would be from the Republic Thai Armed Forces Middle East Command. They have an intelligence unit specialized in information warfare. I strongly believe that if they do it, unfortunately, I haven't been informed of this yet due to it happening during my travel, their role is to provide a transparent source of information to the general population to be aware of any escalating development."

With that, the meeting would conclude. He would thank the Polish Minister and ask him for a hug. They would take a photo as a sign of friendship and for the PR purpose of the two governments, showing the cordial and fruitful conversation they just had. He would fly back afterward.

ManBear

ManBear

GA Member
May 22, 2020
Deputy Foreign Minister Wiola would politely decline the hug and offer a formal handshake instead. "I'm not much of a hugger, Mr. Ambassador." However, she would relent towards the photograph. She would would pose professionally with a warm smile on her face while shaking the hand of the Thai Ambassador. She would have one of her own aids take a photo for Polish records before escorting the Thai Ambassador back to the Airport. Once the Thai Ambassador was safely back on board the commercial airline, the Deputy Foreign Minister would liaise with the Foreign Minister and the Ministry of National Defense regarding what the Ambassador has said at the end of the meeting. It would appear that the Thai Middle East Command was the most likely suspect regarding the leak as well as the act of spying on Polish vessels. While it was not technically espionage as the Polish vessels were in international waters and technically visible to the public, the release of information regarding a classified operation that the Thai forces were aware of was a significant security breach and one that truly jeopardized the Thai-Polish relations from then on.

Bossza007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa