STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Thailand to Portugal | Sharing

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

To: <Antonio Gueterres, President of the Portuguese Republic> Bruno
Subject: Joint Working Group between Thailand and Portugal
Security Type: Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service

President,

I am writing to express the keen interest of the Thai government in exploring potential avenues for collaboration with Portugal on issues of mutual interest. We believe that our nations share a strong commitment to sustainable development and possess complementary strengths that could be leveraged to achieve significant progress in two key areas: sustainable seafood production and the implementation of agricultural technologies.

Thailand and Portugal share a deep commitment to sustainability, conservation, and responsible resource management. This shared vision serves as a strong foundation for collaboration between our nations. Both countries have implemented various legislative and infrastructure initiatives that demonstrate our leadership in promoting global well-being and protecting our precious ecosystems. Thailand is particularly proud of its advancements in sustainable seafood production, an area where our government has made strategic investments. Recognizing Portugal's extensive Exclusive Economic Zone and rich marine biodiversity, we believe there is significant potential for mutually beneficial collaboration in preserving marine ecosystems.

Building upon our shared commitment to sustainability and responsible resource management, Thailand proposes the establishment of a joint working group to explore potential areas of collaboration in fisheries, shipping, and marine resource management. Through the exchange of best practices and collaborative efforts, we believe we can significantly enhance the maritime capabilities of both our nations and contribute meaningfully to global efforts in promoting sustainable practices. Recognizing Portugal's expertise and achievements in various agricultural sectors, particularly the renowned wine, olive oil, and cork industries, Thailand expresses its keen interest in exploring potential partnerships in agriculture, agribusiness, and food processing. Thailand's rapidly growing agricultural sector presents exciting opportunities for mutually beneficial collaboration that can bridge the gap between Southeast Asian and European markets.

Thailand is proud of its advancements in implementing and innovating sustainable farming practices. Our national water supply system overhaul initiative has significantly improved crop yields, particularly in historically dry regions like the Northeast. Recognizing the need for a shift from unsustainable practices, our government invested heavily in establishing regional Agri-Tech centers in both the Northeast and Northern regions to facilitate this development. We believe that collaboration in sustainable farming offers significant potential for mutual economic benefit. Thailand is eager to share its expertise in this area, while we are also keen to learn from Portugal's experience and diversify our own agricultural landscape through knowledge exchange and potential investment opportunities. Joint research and development initiatives, along with exchange programs, could be valuable tools for advancing sustainable farming practices in both our countries.

In closing, Thailand reaffirms its sincere appreciation for Portugal's leadership and commitment to sustainability. We are confident that, through collaborative efforts and open dialogue, our two nations can forge a strong partnership that serves as an inspiring example for others on the path towards sustainable economic development.

Sincerely,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Digital Diplomatic Communication​

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
1024px-Coat_of_arms_of_Portugal.svg.png

SECRET

To:
Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand
Bossza007

Good evening Mr. Shinawatra,
I want to express our gratitude for your detailed proposal outlining Thailand's keen interest in collaborating with Portugal on matters of mutual interest. The focus on sustainable development, particularly in areas such as sustainable production and technologies, is commendable and aligns with shared global goals.

Portugal highly values partnerships based on mutual respect, understanding, and cooperation. Your proposal, however, comes at a time when our bilateral relationship is still facing challenges. Portugal perceives certain actions, such as involvement in European affairs and the military/patrol initiatives in the Atlantic and Mediterranean without the consent of European nations, as potential threats to our stability and violations of sovereign rights. Given the current strain in our relations, Portugal has decided to refrain from actively seeking collaborations with Thailand for the time being. This decision is not intended to convey aggression or condescension, but is rather a cautious step to allow for a reevaluation of our relationship and the resolution of existing differences, that perhaps with time and actions will be solved. It is crucial for both our nations to engage in constructive dialogue to address these challenges and work towards a more stable foundation for collaboration. Portugal is committed to conducting its foreign policy with transparency and honesty. In addressing the current challenges in our relationship, we believe in the importance of open and candid communication. Portugal values the opportunity to inform Thailand, though this communication, of our perspective on the current state of our relationship. Honest dialogue is fundamental to building trust and fostering a positive, enduring partnership, qualities that are often overlooked in diplomatic relations. We share the belief that honest communication is essential for building trust and fostering a positive long-term relationship.

I do believe itt is crucial for both our nations to engage in constructive diplomatic dialogue to address these challenges and work towards a more stable foundation for collaboration. However, I assure you that Portugal remains committed to open communication. We hope that, with time and concerted efforts from both sides, we can foster a more positive and mutually beneficial relationship, especially with the rest of the European nations.

We, do however, appreciate Thailand's interest in collaborating with Portugal and acknowledge your government's dedication to sustainability, which can be pushed for internally and externally. Furthermore, we remain optimistic about the potential for improved relations in the future.

Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to the possibility of re-establishing collaboration when the current circumstances are addressed in the future.

We are grateful for your cooperation and patience.

President of the Portuguese Republic,
Antonio Guterres

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

Security Type: Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service

President,

I want to express Thailand’s sincere appreciation and gratitude for your detailed communication and transparency demonstrated in addressing challenges in our bilateral relationship. I fully comprehend the importance of and advocate for open and honest dialogue in international relations.

Thailand has carefully considered your concerns regarding our recent involvement in European affairs and its potential impact. We understand the sensitivities surrounding this issue and I assure you that we are approaching it with the utmost seriousness. I am committed to bringing this matter to the immediate attention of both the Cabinet and the National Security Council for comprehensive review and discussion. Thailand remains firmly committed to upholding the principles of respecting sovereign rights and seeking mutual consent in all international affairs. In line with this commitment, I am pleased to announce that Thailand is actively exploring a full withdrawal of its military forces from all non-Asian deployments. This decision reflects our unwavering dedication to resolving international issues through peaceful and diplomatic means. We believe this step serves as a concrete gesture of goodwill and a positive contribution to de-escalation.

As a concrete demonstration of Thailand's commitment to addressing your concerns and fostering a positive relationship, I would like to extend a formal invitation for a representative of your government to visit the Thai Embassy in Lisbon. This meeting would provide a valuable opportunity for open and constructive dialogue on the current issues, allowing us to explore areas of common ground and identify mutually beneficial solutions. I am personally committed to ensuring the success of this dialogue and will be directly engaging with the Thai Ambassador to Portugal to ensure they are fully informed of the importance and seriousness we place on this meeting. Thailand remains firmly committed to upholding the shared values of sustainability, conservation, and responsible resource management that we hold with Portugal. We believe that fostering open communication and collaboration on these critical issues can contribute significantly to promoting global well-being and protecting our precious ecosystems.

In closing, I wish to reiterate my sincere appreciation for your commitment to transparency, open dialogue, and honesty in international relations. Thailand shares your deep respect for these principles, which we believe are essential for fostering trust, cooperation, and progress in the international arena.

Sincerely,

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
1024px-Coat_of_arms_of_Portugal.svg.png

SECRET

To:
Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand
Bossza007

I want to express my sincere appreciation for your answer to our communication. We acknowledge your understanding of the concerns we have raised regarding recent involvement in European affairs and other issues, and we appreciate the seriousness with which you are approaching the matter. Your commitment to bringing this issue to the attention of both the Cabinet and the National Security Council for a review and discussion shows that Thailand wishes to amend relations with Europe.

Regarding your information that Thailands will actively explore a full withdrawal of its military forces from all non-Asian deployments is a significant step that reflects your dedication to resolving international issues through peaceful and diplomatic means. We see this decision as a concrete gesture of goodwill and a positive contribution to de-escalation. However, we suggest considering a substantial reduction in military units rather than a full withdrawal. Perhaps exploring the possibility of maintaining a cooperative presence, such as one or two Frigates or Destroyers, in collaboration with European Navies, could be a constructive step. This approach may contribute to a gradual reconciliation and allow for continued cooperation with European nations as the issue was never being in this geographic area, but being in it without the formal consent of European nations directly involved, or without cooperation with said nations.

However, at the current moment, our Secretary of State is unable to meet with the Ambassador. We assure you that once the Secretary of State is available, he will contact the Ambassador to schedule a meeting. We believe that such a meeting will provide a valuable platform for further discussions on the issues at hand. Fostering open communication and collaboration on these critical issues holds the potential to contribute significantly to promoting global well-being and protecting our precious ecosystems.

In closing, I wish to reiterate our sincere appreciation for your commitment to transparency, open dialogue, and honesty in international relations. These principles are essential for fostering trust, cooperation, and progress in the international arena, and we look forward to continued collaboration and positive developments in our relationship.​

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

President of the Portuguese Republic,
Antonio Guterres

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021

ThaiGov.png

President,

I am writing to express my sincere appreciation for your acknowledgment of Thailand's efforts to strengthen its relationship with Europe and our commitment to constructive and effective diplomacy. Your recognition is encouraging and motivates us to continue on this path. Thailand firmly believes in the importance of open dialogue and ensuring that all nations have the opportunity to voice their concerns and be heard. We are committed to fostering a collaborative international environment based on mutual respect and understanding. Once again, I extend my deepest gratitude to Portugal for your continued support and partnership.

Thailand is actively considering potential adjustments to its overseas military deployments, including a possible reduction of forces stationed in non-Asian territories. We appreciate your suggestion and share your commitment to fostering a more cooperative presence with European nations. Thailand is engaged in ongoing consultations with our European allies, including Poland, France, and Sweden. Through these discussions, we aim to find common ground and reach a consensus regarding the future direction of our global deployments. We believe that closer collaboration between the Thai and European navies presents valuable opportunities to address shared security concerns. We remain optimistic about the prospect of strengthening our partnership in this crucial area.

I acknowledge the responsibilities of the Secretary of State and appreciate your efforts to facilitate a meeting between the Thai Ambassador and him at his earliest convenience. Thailand firmly believes that a discussion regarding Thai Navy deployments would be mutually beneficial. We are confident that such an exchange could contribute to a deeper understanding and strengthen our partnership. I commend your commitment to open and honest communication, which is essential for fostering goodwill and building a strong relationship between our nations.

Yours in Diplomacy

Thaksin Shinawatra
Prime Minister
Republic of Thailand

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II