STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

The Myanmar Question

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
In the middle of the room, there was a large, circular command console with multiple workstations. Each station was equipped with multiple monitors, secure communication devices, and controls for various systems.

Although the same in the room was not quite tranquil, the souls and the world outside couldn't fathom the sound that came from a wall to prove its existence.

The front of the room hung massive display screens showing real-time network traffic, threat levels, and live feeds from various cybersecurity tools. What could this place be? It felt like a scene in a sci-fi movie, 2003 wasn't like this.

A person entered the room. It seemed like he had to put his finger against the wall and wait stood still. Was that a device at his eye level that made the door automatically open? Why were there so many armed guards in front of this room?

Speaking of this room, the temperature and humidity existed optimal. It was as if they could control the climate here. The lighting wasn't too dim or bright for a person's eyes, it was comfortable.

Whether this place was, it was a place filled with heavy air for sure. Yet, looking around, wasn't that a break area within this massive room? Was that PlayStation 3? I hoped that my workplace had this kind of life support.

Oh well, there was a small gym at that corner too. What a great place to work. It seemed like there were a few tables that stood in a section of a room. Oh, they even had a therapy in here?

Gazing back at the center, it seemed like a man was trying to inform his boss something. Let's listen to it.

Click! A man turned to his right to meet with another man who stood behind him. On one of the massive screens, a red dot appeared on the world map.

"Director, the Pandora has been compromised. Their equipment has been seized. There seems to in a Faraday environment, as there was nonresponse to our electromagnetic pulses. But all memory has been erased automatically since the devices are being put apart." The man turned back to his monitors.

"There was only a Bios installation package there. None of those equipment is meant to be used." He crossed his arms. "The embassy in Poland is still as safe as ever. I doubt the Polish would join the international laws affront session with us."

The man returned his gaze. "So, what do we do about those equipment? And how about the Pandora? They are probably in the Polish customs, whether the reason is."

The Director glimpses his head at the man. "They probably just detain them because they had no idea of their real identities. No one is meant to open the Pandora box."

"Don't you have a date with your wife this afternoon, Director? It will be in two hours, why don't you take a day off?" The man inquired him.

Turning away, the Director responded. "There's still time left. I have to discuss the Myanmar Question with the Prime Minster."

A few people turned their gaze to the Director. "Wow, you do have a tense work today. Maybe you should go talk to the Prime Minister quickly so you can go on a date." The woman paused. "The military has already sent the Shadow Masters there, I wonder how good they are compared to us."

Walking away, the Director replied for one last time, "They are a special force, to say the least. Even the Pandora is trained with them."

The Director would enter one of the room huddle spaces. It was an enclosed room. A screen brightened up and a man appeared.

"How are you, director? How are the things at the NIA Central Operation Room?" It was the Prime Minister, the one who asked.

"You will have a report file in soon. I am more interested in what's your opinion on the Myanmar Question." The Director paused. "As you know, the Armed Forces is confident that they could topple the Myanmar government by force. But, our agency believes that a secret coup by our government to directly install a friendly, democratic government is more efficient." He waited for the Prime Minister to answer.

"The Navy is already preparing to deploy the entire Naval Expeditionary Group One near Myanmar after the arrest of the Thai squadron. I don't want to increase our national stability at the cost of regional instability. Yet, Myanmar is sure to be a challenging task if we deploy covert operations."

The Director would quickly respond. "The Shadowed Lotus, the Silent Nagas, and the Kraken Brigad are ready. Although the Pandora is in Poland, these three groups are enough to topple down the Myanmar Government."

Another man would appear on the screen. He was in a black suit with a few stars on it. "Director," the man glared at the screen.

"Chief," the Director glared back. If they were together, they could have killed each other.

Thaksin, the Prime Minister, injected. "Chief of Defense Force, thank you for joining. I am discussing the Myanmar Question with the director of the National Intelligence Agency. Is there anything you would like to address?"

The Director's face became stern, and so did the Chief who began to talk. "The only thing I want to address is that we have enough more resources than the NIA to topple the Myanmar Government. We are deploying our Shadow Masters, which only a portion of it, has more than every NIA secret agent combined."

"Puff," the director quietly reacted and quickly retorted. "Chief, I have to object to the disproportional use of forces by the Armed Forces which has been controversial for a few years now. I don't buy that the Military can secretly coup the Myanmar Government and doesn't draw us into another War. The NIA is specialized in this matter, you should comply with us."

The Chief got agitated. "A squadron of the 2nd Long Range Reconnaissance Company is taken hostage by the Myanmar Military. I can't just sit and let them undermine our prestige. If they dare to challenge, we will give them another War in Laos."

Slamming the table, the Director stood up. "That's all to your fault in strategic miscalculation. You can not bring our nation into another War!"

Muting both people's microphones, Thaksin spoke up. "Calm down, we are supposed to be working together." He paused. "I want the NEG1 to be on standby. I will be negotiating the release of our soldiers first. We will decide things after that."

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Within the sacred, extravagant National Assembly Chamber of the Republic of Thailand, numerous souls congregated here for some reason. Glancing across the room, each seat was envied.

That was Thaksin Shinawatra, the Prime Minister of Thailand, so he was here today. There seemed to be a parliamentary debate. I wondered what could it be.

Bot long ago, Thaksin still manifested on the screen in the NIA Central Operation Room. Speaking of manifestation, the chamber accommodated more than 500 people, probably the MPs of Thailand.

Oh there, a person claimed their microphone and stood up. Let's listen. Last time what was heard was quite intense.

"Your honor, and the assembly," the man in black suits addressed the hall. "I want to bring you all attention to the current matter of what is happening in Myanmar." A large map of the country split into regions emerged on large screens.

"The refugee crisis at the border of Thailand and Myanmar has been deteriorating. Since last year, the Ministry of Labor has registered an additional 300,000 migrant Myanmar workers into the system." The screen shifted to the saddening photos of the refugee camps across Thailand and Myanmar borders.

"The incursions of such a massive number within a short timeframe pose a significant threat to our national stability." The screens revealed infographic data on Thai labor statistics. "Other than 55.6 million working Thai receiving the full coverage from our labor laws and the Welfare State, we are subsidizing and allocating resources to 2,339,834 migrant workers from Myanmar, Cambodia, and Laos!" He paused, raising a paper. "Listen again, it is two million three hundred thirty-nine thousand eight hundred and thirty-four migrant workers that our Welfare State is supporting."

The screens quickly morphed into economic analysis, history, and forecasts. "The reason that Thai workers in the service sector have decreased is from the replacement of them with the migrant workers." As he concluded a prepared to continue, a sound interjected from another side of the room.

"Your honor, Kantawan Tontian Kuljanyawiwat, a member of the parliament of the Bhumjaithai Party, has an objection with Kittisak Kanasawat, an MP from Mae Hong Son of the Thai Rak Thai Party." The chamber murmured for a second before fading away.

An authoritative sound would join. "Yes, you may voice your objection please."

Standing up, Kantawan grasped his microphone. "I want to clarify that under the Thai laws, all Thai nationals and people residing in Thailand are subjected to the benefits of the Welfare State. Thank you." The man lowered his microphone and sat down.

"Mister Kittisak Kanasawat, you may continue." The House Speaker resumed the session.

"Thank you, your Honor." He paused, reclaiming his position. "I must clarify that I am not suggesting that we refrain from the Welfare State benefits of the migrant workers, but I am presenting the holistic view of the situation."

The screens now displayed pictures of atrocities committed in Myanmar. "As everyone knows, since the human rights abuses in Myanmar in 2002, the term Myanmar Question has been consistent in the mainstream media in our country since then."

The map and infographic of regional instability caused by the Southeast Asian nations were highlighted. "Thailand and Myanmar, which underwent a radical transformation during 1995, have been the main reason for regional instability." He paused, zooming the map at Thailand.

"With no country other than Thailand in this region holding sufficient influence to change the balance of Southeast Asia, the instability that Thailand and Myanmar share would further escalate the instability." He paused, glancing around the room.

"I believe that it is time for Thailand, as the leader of this region, to directly address the Myanmar Question. Within today's session, we must determine a decisive policy toward Myanmar!"

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
The Thai Government House
10:30 AM (ICT)
Bangkok, Thailand

Beep. A sound emitted from a tablet on Thaksin's table in his office. A screen outside the room door appeared, featuring a man in his casual yet formal light brown suit. "Prime Minister, the Defense Minister has arrived." The accompanying security guard spoke up.

Pressing one of the buttons on the tablet screen, he pressed another on the table, which was for fun since he could do the same on the screen. "Let him in." The door was unlocked.

"Thaksin, how are you this morning?" Sutin, the Defense Minister, approached him with a iced Thai tea in his hand.

Picking up a document from his desk, Thaksin replied. "Things are pretty tense lately. I mean, aren't we meet to discuss the Myanmar Question? I see you've found a convenience store in our building as well." Thaksin giggled, as he picked up a bag of snacks from his drawer.

Sitting down, Sutin drank his drink. "You seem to enjoy it very much." He laughed. "But anyway, I have another meeting with the Chief of Staff and we've concluded on another request for you."

Thaksin's eyebrows rose, his face a bit distorted in surprise. "What's it this time? I would prefer not sitting in that War Room again." He paused, "Too many people can die from decisions within that place."

Connecting a small device to Thaksin's table from his side, Thaksin cleared the middle of the workplace. A large, interactive screen emerged from the table. "Look at this map."

Thaksin picked up his eyeglasses and began inspecting them. The map was a detailed visualization of Myanmar's coastline and the Andaman Sea. It seems like the map could be used to inspect the entire world map as well.

"Naval blockage?" Thaksin lifted his head and glared at Sutin.

Sutin nodded, "Yes, you are right." He sipped his iced Thai tea before interacting with the digital screen. "Look at these positions and lines. They are maritime traffic, and we are using the APIs of the independent organization." Pausing, he flickered his fingers on the screen a few times. "These are our proposed deployments. If you allow, the blockage of an entire Myanmar maritime route can be implemented effectively within just 2 hours." Sutin waited for Thaksin's response.

Thaksin moved the map and focused on the maritime traffic from and to Thailand. "We are in a Security Dilemma, Sutin." He said, "An action whether by Thailand or Myanmar is intended to deter, yet it is perceived by the other as aggressive. It's a paradox of global war that war can eventually break out even though neither side wants a full-scale conflict." He flickered his finger on the screen randomly.

"I can sympathize with you, Thaksin. But my inherent duty is to manage the defense of this nation and build the bridge between the military and our civilian government." He moved the map back to the Andaman Sea, beginning to show the details of the naval fleet's capability. "I've told you already, that once the FDRP is escalated to TDE, it wouldn't lower down easily. And now, we are at IMA, just one step from FEG. You have to decide. Our Armed Forces are far superior to those of the Burmese, even accounting for all of their ethnic armed organizations."

Thaksin bent down in his chair. "Israel and Egypt, those undemocratic and human rights affronted nations already oppose us. This crisis only made them, a major player in the Middle East and Africa, take a more assertive stance against Thailand. We used to have more influence than the British, but now I think we are at their level. It just seems like the United States is winning the influence in these contested regions."

Sutin would respond, "At least we are the only nation to have an operating ground base in the Middle. I believe it is feasible that we will base the 5th Frigate Squadron in Turkey."

"Let's talk about this," Thaksin interjected. "We could impose a naval blockade, but that should be strictly within the international laws. It will not be a normal blockage, it will be a monitoring and inspecting one. We will only restrict access to military and strategic goods and block some of the dual-use goods that are directly sent to the military manufacturers. If the military agrees with that, I can authorize it after this noon meeting."

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
The discordant cacophony of footsteps, voices, and clashes wove a tapestry of constrained breathing spaces, encapsulating each soul in a tight embrace of sound.

Row upon row of individuals, cloaked in their coats, vied to elevate their devices above those in front, a tableau of modern yearning. A steadfast line of police, a bulwark in uniform, stood as the sole barrier to their advance.

As the door of the Thai Air Force plane swung open, revealing the red carpet cascading down the stairs, anticipation hung palpable in the air. The emergence of a man clad in a dark suit was the catalyst, transforming the crowd into a maelstrom of chaos, where the roar of voices punctuated the blinding flash of lights.

"Prime Minister, what is the meaning of a total demobilization when hundreds of thousands of Myanmar soldiers are at our border?!" It existed as the most purified voice amidst the cruel symphony of cries.

"Please, sir, stand back in the line. Be calm and keep your manner." A policeman made his best effort.

As the Prime Minister of the Republic of Thailand came to a halt before the microphone, the crowd formed a semi-circle around him, a living amphitheater of anticipation. With a deliberate motion, he slid his right hand into his suit jacket, drawing forth a sheet of paper that seemed to ripple with significance.

At that moment, the scene erupted, evoking the raw intensity of unleashed infernal forces. Cameras zoomed in, lenses seeking to unveil the secrets of the paper. The Prime Minister, aware of the weight of the moment, deftly maneuvered the document, ensuring its every angle was captured by the voracious media. As he commenced his speech, the sky itself seemed to resonate with explosive roars, a testament to the ground-trembling power of the collective voice

"I Have all the signatures of the Armed Forces commanding officers that we will not go to war!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II