STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Turkey]: Call to Argentina

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu would place an encrypted call to his Argentine counterpart in Buenos Aries, he sat back in his chair as he waited for an answer.

@Naio90

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Argentina MoFA, Daniel Osvaldo, would pick up the call in an encrypted line.

"Minister, how can I be of help?"

@Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Hello Minister, I am Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu representing the Republic of Turkey's Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is the aim of this government to establish relations with every nation around the world and we would like to begin things with the Republic of Argentina. How are things in Buenos Aries?"

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We welcome you interest and my Government is surely open to strenghten o ir bilateral ties.

Here in Argentina is everything very well, we have recently concluded the state Of war with France, and are waiting for the final articles of the Peace Treaty to be put into effect by France.

We would like to know a little bit more about Turkeys foreign policy if possible."

@Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Well of course, the main thing that comes to mind is the situation regarding the Kurdish people, President Erdogen will be dealing with this situation in the upmost professional manner to try and resolve and make a deal for all people. We also want to begin friendly relations with all countries around the world. We have also taken an interest in joining the Confederation of Independent States in the future, maybe Argentina would be willing to sponsor out entry into the organisation once we have made contact and started bilateral relations with other countries?"

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The kurdish affaire is certainly a delicate matter to address. Althought the Middle East has been rather tranquil these last few months, anything could spark a new incident. Argentina is relatively interested in the events that could happen due O ir presence in Alexandria.

We welcome your interest in eventually in the future applying for CIS membership. We look to forming a cohesive group Of nations, with similar foreign policies and goals. What would be your stance on matters such as the Kosovo Independence and the GA attempt to forcefully segregate nations?"

@Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Turkey does support the Kosovo independence movement and maintains an embassy within the capital of Kosovo, Pristina and Kosovo have an embassy based here in Ankara. There are currently up to around five million Albanians living in Turkey and they enjoy a variety of state benefits that other people would not be entitled too.

In regards to the General Assembly forcefully segregating nations, we have not dealt with this matter yet and I believe our ambassador will be reviewing these claims soon but if that's the case, Turkey's stance on this may be negative but I will allow my team to deal with things firstly."

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I understand. The Kosovar situation is a delicate one. We have nothing against the kosovars themselves, but rather on the mechanic they are employing, given it could serve in the future as a precedent for other disputes, such as the kurd for instace. All it would need is a ethnic group to demand independence and get foreign support and recognition, and the capital could hardly do anything against it. But anyway, its a juridical affair.

Argentina and Turkey have had multiple bilateral deals in the past, so much that Argentina holds ultiple shares of TAI, Aselsak and Roketsan. We would be interested in going forward with that line of work and perhaps discuss to potentially opening each others markets to our exports."

@Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Minister's eyes rolled knowing that the President would be pretty pissed off at this news.

"Ah, Minister. As a sign of good faith, would Argentina be willing to give their share of Turkish Aerospace Industries back to the Turkish state? We could maybe discuss a good figure to get these shares back or would Argentina be willing to sell us a ten percent share so that we can regain majority ownership back as we also operate a forty-eight percent share in the company."

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Mhh... Its not something we have though of really, those shares are part of the portfolio of ArgenDef. Are you speaking of all three companies or just TAI?"

@Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"For the moment, it will be just those of Turkish Aerospace Industries. We would be willing to negotiate an agreement that works for both of us."

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"To be honest it wasnt in our plans selling shares of TAI. I would have to talk with the board of ArgenDef, but I do not envision this to be cheap... I dont want to insult you with a high number."

@Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Like I said Minister, we just want to regain majority ownership of the company regardless of what the shares are we buy. We'd still like to pursue a deal which is beneficial for both of us. We're currently 48% shareholders so even if we bought 3% would be good for us and then maybe in the future we can work a deal for the other shares if able."

@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I totally understand your position. Its not easy sometimes to deal with past Governments decisions.

You see, in practical terms, selling even 3% will result in the loss of control for us. Therefore, we would prefer to sell more, with the consequencial higher price."

@Zak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren