STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[TURKEY] Crafting The Ties That Bind

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
"Because you are just as annoyed as Turkey is regarding what's occurring in The Global Assembly," Hakim stated. "Therefore, you were the natural first choice to suggest it to."

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
As the members of the Cabinet thought on the proposal for a moment, Defence Minister Nickel gave a look to Hakim. He wasn't necessarily sure that he trusted him, given the convenience.

"Mr...Hakim, is it? I-I'd like to comment on the convenience of all of this. What's your plan here? Who exactly put this proposal to paper? It seems rather too good to be t-true..."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"My plan is to snatch back the sovereignty that others wish to strip away from others against their will," Hakim explained, his gaze piercing through Nickel's soul. "I wrote this paper myself. As for why it's too good to be true, that's because, for once, Germany isn't being looked down upon as the pariah that gassed eleven million, and is being treated like a true nation, with its own desires, needs and beliefs, which should be protected as much as any other nation state."

Last edited:

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
With that piercing gaze into Nickel's soul, he slunk back, his expression troubled. With this in mind, Chancellor Nahles was the first to speak up.

"I can agree to this proposal. We have tried to put the past behind us and move on...to hear that we are being respected as another nation, and not the boogeyman, makes me feel that this offer is fantastic for us."

As Nahles signed, the Royal Household Minister held herself...waiting for whatever else had to be said.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"I'm glad to see you appreciate that, Madam Chancellor," Hakim replied. "In accordance with Article 2, do you have a suggestion for the central location that should be used by all members, and do you have one that will fulfil the purpose mentioned in Article 2, Subsection 1?"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Now, hold on just one second," Minister Kästner said, standing up as the Chancellor looked on, "As the official representative of the Royal Household, I have a say in whether this agreement can be allowed to pass. Before any talks of locating assets for this contract, I would first like to see what the others in the room think." With that in mind, it was Minister Nickel that spoke up first.

"So...from what I understand, this is supposed to be a...a what? Some sort of agreement that takes to what the European Union was supposed to be? Aside from my own concerns, treating the German Reich like decent human beings doesn't necessarily equate to good intentions. If it was you who wrote this proposal, how is it that the signature of the Sultan is not presented on it? Does His Majesty know of it and, if so important, wouldn't it be prudent to not only have him mentioned — which you have — but also sign it prior to sending the agreement to us?"

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"The constitutional arrangement that secures His Majesty's position is more akin to The Sovereign Of The United Kingdom. De jure, they have great power, but the reality is that most, if not all, business is performed by mere mortals like myself.

In addition, if I did not have the authority to sign this accord, it wouldn't have my signature. I can guarantee that I have the authority to sign this on the behalf of both the elected government, and The Sultan.

The idea of it being an EU counterpart is completely incorrect. This is a framework that incentivises dialogue, not a plan to create a political union that encompasses Europe.

If it was true that this was a copy of The European Union, then I would have been lying when I said that this would not encroach on sovereignty."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
Minister Nickel thought on Hakim's words for a moment, and as he did, Minister Jürke put his signature down on the paper as well, silently looking to Hakim before clearing his throat, gathering the attention of everyone in the room.

"I cannot say that I trust this document, but if the Reich Chancellor is inclined to believe that this agreement is good for Germany...I really have no reason to deny that chance. Peter, I honestly am not a fan of this document either, but if we can get past our own mistakes of the past, we can certainly take a leap of faith." Minister Nickel remained silent on his fellow minister's comment before looking over to Minister Kästner, who was already holding a stamp with the seal of House Hohenzollern on it in her left hand, and a pen in her right.

"While I can certainly agree with some of Minister Nickel's concerns, I don't think it would be right of me to veto this bill based on gut feeling. I would rather that be for His Majesty to decide...but I cannot see anything wrong on the surface with this agreement. But, what other nations do you plan on asking to join this alliance of sorts?"

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"At this very moment?" Hakim responded quietly. "None, regardless, if we were to seek the admission of other nations, we would require your consent. Article 6 clearly states 'unanimous' consent. As such, you have nothing to fear, if something arises you don't like, you can freely withdraw from it, if it's a protocol. As for the admission of others, you have a permanent veto over their admission. Suffice to say, I do not see why anyone in this room has misgivings over this. The only true obligation is that you have to LISTEN to those who trigger article 3. What you do after you've LISTENED is your choice, and yours alone. So, please, if anyone here has any misgivings about this, I suggest that you make them clear now for me to allay them, or else I will see fit to tear up this agreement and head back to Turkey. I have no intention of having this idea become reality in an atmosphere of suspicion, fear and doubt."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"We already put our grievances forwards though," Minister Jürke exclaimed, "We are distrusting of its nature given the manipulative practices of other nations against Germany, as well as the way we've been treated since the 2nd World War. However, I don't have any problem with the agreement." Upon saying this, Minister Kästner stamped the seal of the Royal Household onto the document and gave her signature, the others in the room taking notice of it.

"Well, now there is no turning back Herr Nickel," she snidely remarked to Minister Nickel, before turning back to Hakim.

"Understand that we are doing this as a courtesy to the Turkish government for their help, and for your admission that you see and treat us as a fellow nation. I would rather not have to regret this decision, sir, but I might if you betray our trust in this agreement."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Unlike your emperor's ancestor, you will not be obliged to go to war, because of some unwise words. You will have everything presented to you, so that you can make an informed and sovereign decision that you, as Germany, are prepared to do. There shall be no finger-pointing, or declarations that Germany is not 'pulling its weight', because, unless you expressly give consent, there will be no requirements of you. However, a suggestion of where you would hold meetings of this organisation would be most welcome, if you have any in mind."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Bonn," both Minister Kästner and Chancellor Nahles blurted, almost immediately. However, Minister Jürke cleared his throat and contended with his own suggestion.

"Munich seems like a rather decent spot to host discussions, given it is the closest major city to Turkey in German territory. Or Nuremberg, Both cities are rather good for international use."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Amusingly, I was thinking of the Munich for the permanent location," Hakim remarked. "I suppose that means we're all agreed on that?"

Last edited:

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Fair enough" Chancellor Nahles noted, her tone indicative of disappointed understanding.

"And what is this pact supposed to be named then? I would assume that there is a name for the overall organization of this accord?" Minister Nickel questioned.

Last edited:

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Indeed I have," Hakim replied, while examining the signed document before putting it away in his briefcase. "I wanted a symbol that showed a number of things.
  1. The equal status of members, regardless of when they joined.
  2. The steadfast adherence to ensuring that the sovereignty of each member state is preserved.
  3. The acknowledgement that this is not a political union, but a group of individual nations agreeing to a civilised and efficient method of discussion.
As such, I created not just a name, but a symbol!"

Reaching into his case, the Turk retrieved a piece of paper, which he held for all of the Germans to see.

The%20Iron%20Ring.png

"I give you, The Iron Ring," He declared. "A circle of equal, sovereign nations, connected by the iron will of preserving peace, prosperity, and self-determination!"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
Looking at the symbol, the Ministers all nodded in understanding, the Chancellor and Minister for the Royal Household taking longer to do so, so as to absorb the idea of what this symbol represented. After taking a moment to look at it, Chancellor Nahles was the first to speak.

"Alright then. With that in mind, I can set up a direct line of communication between the Kaiser and the Sultan," Minister Kästner stated, standing up to start packing up her materials. Chancellor Nahles stood up to shake Hakim's hand.

"I thank you for what you're doing, Mr. Usta. I sincerely hope that you don't breach the trust we've placed in you and your nation."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
Hakim shook the Chancellor's hand firmly.

"Madam Chancellor, my hands are the safest you could ask for," He stated. "If you wish to seek out individuals that wish to take advantage, look outside Turkey's borders. Thank you all for your time. If you will excuse me, I shall be heading back to the Turkish embassy to report the successful conclusion of this meeting, and shall then head to Munich in search of a suitable location to establish the focal point of our new organisation."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Well, on behalf of His Majesty, I thank you for this opportunity." Celina stated, extending her hand to shake Hakim's as well. The other Gentlemen had already packed up and were heading for the door, however, giving waces and thanks as they left to return to their offices.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
Hakim gave Celina's hand a firm shake too, before packing up and heading out of the door to his car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa