STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[TURKEY] Franco-Ottoman Overture

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
@Ellie

Ottoman%20Flag.png

The Board Of Trade, Commerce & Industry

Ottoman%20Crest.png

To: His Excellency, Emanuellle Desjardins, President Of The French Republic
Cc: Kanat Ozbek, Vizier For Foreign Affairs
Hasret Taylan, President Of The Ottoman Board Of Trade, Commerce & Industry

Subject: Trade & Diplomacy

ENCRYPTED/SECRET/PRIVATE
Your Excellency,

I write to you as a representative of Turkey, and its government, for the purpose of broaching the possibility of opening diplomatic ties, and trade links, with France. This correspondence is being forwarded to The Ottoman Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, due to my colleague, Kanat Ozbek, being the individual who will be taking care of any diplomatic matters, such as the establishment a diplomatic mission. Your Excellency, I, and Turkey, would be deeply honoured if it would be possible for us to send a delegation to Paris to meet with yourself, or your relevant cabinet ministers, to further discuss the ideas that have been raised so far. Turkey is a nation that has an abundance of raw materials, which, we believe, would be beneficial to your country's industrial and commercial interests. Examples of this is France's pharmaceutical and plastics industries. These will require a steady supply of oil. After all, plastics are derived from oil, and its byproducts, while some topical pharmaceuticals, such as creams and so forth, rely on the usage of certain byproducts, like petrolatum. In addition to this, Turkey possesses a number of precious minerals that are frequently used in machinery and electronics. These minerals are gold, chromium, barite (Barium) and borate (Boron).

We would also offer the usage of Turkish steel for the production of French machinery, but we are aware of the fact that France possesses its own domestic steel production interests. As such, we will not be making such a suggestion, as it may result in Turkish steel manufacturers competing French steels mills into bankruptcy. Suffice to say, the loss of French jobs is a price I, and my government, are not willing to ask of you for our benefit. Meanwhile, the aforementioned chromium we can transfer to you can also be of great use in the manufacture of French aircraft. The rise of chrome-paint has allowed aircraft to prevent rusting with minimal cost to the manufacturer, having a ready supply of the material will allow French planes to be built cheaper than ever before!

Naturally, this is not a one-sided agreement. Turkey is a country that, while possessing an abundance of raw materials, does not possess an industrial base as varied, efficient and robust as yourself and other nations. As such, we are happy to be the recipient of products crafted by French artisans with Turkish materials.

We hope to hear from you soon, and will be deeply grateful if you see fit to accept, or consider, our humble proposal.

Best Wishes,
Hasret Taylan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II