STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[TURKEY] The Election Campaigns Begin!

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018

Ottoman%20Flag.png

The First Ottoman Elections

TRT%20Logo.png

@Zak
@Apingdaldal
@Dragon

"Good evening, and happy new year, everyone!" The newscaster began cheerfully. "Here at TRT, we are hopeful that your new year celebrations have been merry, however the year has begun with a flurry of political activity! As promised, The Provisional Government, run by The Ottoman Restorationists, have fired the starting pistol on the first elections for Turkey since the restoration of The Ottoman Dynasty. At the present time, the registered parties in Turkey are The Restorationists, Nusr-Et and The Party For Freedom. The PKK would have been included in this list, but due to the lack of a response to the demands put forward by The Grand Vizier a few days ago, they are, at the moment, unable to campaign. However, Olağan Bilgelik has stated that they are more than welcome to throw themselves into the action once they have agreed to them.

Throughout this month of campaigning, TRT will be holding a series of debates between the competing parties and allow the general public of Turkey the ability to put questions directly to them. Who will win when it is time for Turkey to go to the polls? We shall see soon enough."

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
The Party of Freedom would criticise the governments decision to deny a platform to purponents of a independent Kurdistan but would nevertheless welcome the oppurtunity to partake in the election as planned and any debates that may occur.

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
@Dragon
As Olağan Bilgelik and his entourage began to campaign, they were ambushed by a crowd of reporters eager to ask him about the first shots fired in the election.

"The Party Of Freedom has criticised your decision to prohibit The PKK from campaigning. What do you say in response, sir!?"

Bilgelik put his hands up to calm the horde of journalists.

"I stand by what I stated. At this present time, The PKK, and its affiliates, have been involved in an armed uprising against Turkey for almost 30 years. The reasonable demands I made of The PKK a few days ago are, in my view, the bare minimum needed to show that they are serious about achieving their aims peacefully, and demonstrate that they are willing to wash their hands of the blood that is on them, so that they can embrace a new way forward. The government has already released the founder of The PKK, Abdullah Öcalan, since he was, technically, being held by the previous regime as a political prisoner. His release is not unique to him alone, any other political prisoners, regardless of their allegiance, have been released too. However, those who are being held for genuine offences are being kept behind bars. Believing in a certain idea should not be a crime in any decent society.

I cannot fathom why The Party Of Freedom would criticise such a decision, when it was formulated with both the needs of those who have suffered, and the genuine goal that The PKK stands for, in mind. So, my only thought is that they must have come to a rash decision based on incomplete information. Thank you for your time."

Apingdaldal

RP'ing The Philippines, RL'ing The Philippines
Jul 1, 2018
Nusr-Et party leader Emirhan Gökçe would silently observe (with a poker face) the “fencing match” between the provisional Ottoman government and the Party of Freedom. He will show neither appreciation nor disagreement with either side.

Once the two (2) parties are done with their dialogue and privelege has been granted for him to speak; he will start with his campaign:

“My beloved Turkish brothers and sisters, good day. I will just make my statements brief and straight to the point. No sugarcoated words and rhetorics filled with empty promises... which you commonly hear from traditional politicos.

I support all progressive political platforms, projects, and long term plans of current Ottoman government as long as it’s for the greater good and best interest of the Turkish people. I also support all good and just ideals of any politcal party promoting democracy, fair trade, “humanistic” capitalism, and social welfare.

Nusr-Et will make sure we will have a strong Ottoman - militarily, economically, and politically. We will make sure that we will create a mighty yet globally respected military. We will push for all economic reforms in order to have a globally competitive economy without compromising nor burdening our local economy especially our SME’s and local entrepreneurs. And we will ensure that Turkey will become a role model for the international community.

All of these We can achieve if you, the great Turkish people, will support us in Nusr-Et.”

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
The Party of Freedom would publish a campaign leaflet entitled "A Better Tomorrow"

"What do you want to see, when the dawn of a new tomorrow becomes a reality?

An omnipotent government which controls almost every aspect of your life, slowly but surely stripping away your rights and liberties as an individual, and taxing you into near oblivion

Or

A minimal government which serves only to mediate disputes, protect and defend the rights and liberties of the individual and the property of said individual, generously permitting you to keep what you earn and give what you can, when you can, and on the basis of your own preferances

An economy in which corporations are in bed with the government, lobbying for regulations which stamp out competition in the market place, exempting them from the consequences of their actions, while also supporting trade policies which serve only to kill jobs at home and raise the cost of goods.

Or

An economy in which government pursues a strict hands off policy, deregulating the market and allowing said market to reward and incentivize competition on the basis of their merit, while removing barriers to trade providing for the free and thus voluntary exchange of goods and services between ourselves and the nations of the world.

A nation which denies its non-Turkish inhabitants the right to national self determination forcing these desperate peoples to resort to less than savoury methods of obtaining self governance at the cost of countless lives on both sides thus keeping the old hatreds brewing

Or

A nation which allows its non-Turkish inhabitants the right to national self determination while also burying the hatchet so that future generations don't have to pay the ultimate price on the field of battle for our mistakes.

The choice is yours....consider the facts....Vote Liberal!"