STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[TURKEY] The Ottoman Government In Exile

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018

Ottoman%20Flag%202.png

A Message To Turkey

YouTube%20Logo.png

"Peace be upon those who have taken the time to watch this small video," The Sultan began, his position, like all of his previous videos, being that of him sat comfortably in a chair with a flag behind him. "And, naturally, peace be upon those who haven't. I decided to create this little declaration, because I feel it is owed to the average Turk to be aware of what has happened recently. As you are no doubt aware, The Bosnian Embassy in Istanbul was besieged by Republican forces. The reason they attempted to take the embassy was due to the fact that they wished to capture me. I had taken my family to The Bosniaks so that they could evacuate them to safety, while I remained behind to continue the struggle against The Republican Regime. Unfortunately, they began the siege while I was still inside. As such, I was trapped inside with my family, and The Bosniaks. Ah, now that is a tale I have no qualms in repeating. Never have I seen such bravery before. The Bosniak embassy security staff, outnumbered, outgunned and facing armoured vehicles, stood firm and steadfast, even as the embassy they were defending was blown apart around them. Indeed, from what I saw, they were able to destroy a number of armoured vehicles, along with Republican soldiers and law enforcement."

He took a moment to reflect on what he had said thus far before continuing.

"However, I feel that the events that occurred were unnecessary. President Erdogan has those dead Turks blood on his hands, due to his actions causing the unrest engulfing Turkey right now. If he had been wise enough to step down, none of this would have happened. Instead, he clings to power with all his strength, taking innocent lives with him."

With a sigh, he pointed behind him at the flag.

Ottoman%20Flag.png
Ottoman%20Flag%202.png

(Current Turkish flag {Left} next to the new Ottoman flag {Right})​
"The more perceptive viewers have probably noticed that the flag behind me is not the one currently used by Turkey." He remarked. "Indeed, it is different in that the crescent and star, normally white, has become gold. There are a number of reasons for this colour change. The first being to differentiate it from the Republican flag. Secondly, it was decided that the flag should merge old and new concepts. The old Ottoman flag, which was red and contained a gold crescent, was merged with the current flag to result in this colour change. It is a small change, but a necessary one. With the recent actions performed by President Erdogan, where he hassanctioned the forced deportation of all Bosniaks, it is clear that retaining the old white and red flag is inappropriate, since it is now synonymous with a regime that instigates inhumane policies. The new Ottoman Government, currently in exile, will operate under this flag. It will take time before the tyrant is deposed, but it is, at this point, inevitable."

Last edited: