STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[TURKEY] The Ottoman Uprising

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
The embassy receptionist would greet him and his family

"Zdravo....you must be Süleyman, Sultan of The Ottoman Caliphate. President Izetbegovic told be about you. Anyway...the guest room is on the third floor on the right. The Ambassador is on the far side of the hall." The Ambassador waited for the Sultan patiently as Sevdah music played in the background.

Last edited:

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
@Dragon of Bosnia

The Sultan turned towards his family and asked that they head up to the bedroom the receptionist had referenced. After quickly bowing his head in gratitude towards the receptionist, he hobbled his way to the ambassador's office and, after knocking, entered.

"Ambassador," He began. "You cannot begin to fathom how much this means to me. Your country's willingness to provide my family with a safe refuge from retaliation by the Republicans means more to me than my own, increasingly frail, life. If I live long enough to see Turkey free from the President's tyranny, it would be an honour to act as a host to yourself and your country's president. I would offer to be the host for your entire country, as a token of my appreciation for the support you all have showed, but... I'm afraid that I don't think there's a table in the world large enough."

After chuckling lightly at his finishing remark, he offered his wrinkled hand for the ambassador to shake.

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
The ambassador smiled shaking his hand firmly before leading him to his room. "I am proud to be your host. Believe me when I tell you that. Coffee will be at 9 if you would like to join me and my staff before we get down to business."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Dragon of Bosnia

The Sultan glanced at the clock to check the time.

"I'm afraid I can't stay for long," He explained. "I know this may be considered foolhardy, but I would hardly be setting a good example to my people if I was to hide here in the safety of a Bosnian Embassy, while they must stay under the watchful eye of Erdoğan. Until peace is restored and he is removed from his position, which he uses to oppress the average Turk, I couldn't accept any nation's hospitality. It may be seen as cowardice... Or belief that I am above them. I can assure you that I am flesh and blood like you, Ambassador. I am no God, nor do I have the authority of God. I am a human, who uses what little time they possess to live as fruitfully as one can."

Wearily, he wanders over to the nearest chair and sits down with a deep sigh of relief.

"I am truly sorry for not asking for permission to sit first," He apologised. "I am a slave to the whims of my legs. If they believe that I have been standing for too long, they make sure to inform me in the most uncomfortable manner possible. However, I do not complain, I have lived a long, but uneventful life, until recently."

Gazing out of the window, Süleyman began to reminisce.

"1938," He rambled. "I was privileged with the ability to grow up away from the carnage and despair of The Second World War. Wasn't even born in Turkey, since my family had been exiled back in 1924. I was born in Saudi Arabia, grew up ignorant of the war I was living my childhood years through. Eventually able to return to Turkey in the 90's. 20 years later, I'm here. Old, decrepit and frail, but I'd rather not let that hold me back. I was asked to be something very important, a symbol for others to admire, to look to for guidance and inspiration. It's rather sad that the only reason is the accident of birth, but if that gives me an opportunity to help humanity, then I'll take it... Which I did."

The Sultan's gaze suddenly snapped back towards the ambassador.

"I'm sorry, I wandered there. You mentioned there was business to discuss. What, pray, would that be?"

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
The ambassador seemed a bit taken aback by his statement. "fair enough...it is understandable that you would prefer to be in the presence of your beloved countrymen as they rise up against the powers that be." he looked at his watch eyeing it with intent. "please, there is no need to apologize you are only human. just regular business nothing special to be truthful with you."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Dragon of Bosnia
"Ah, well, if that's the case, then I would be most grateful if we were to quickly sort this 'regular business' now. I'm sorry for being abrupt, but I am anxious about how things are progressing. I'm not sure if you're aware, but a naval officer of The Republicans mutinied against his master. I do not hold it against him, even though I was taught that military officers should never surrender, and never mutiny. However, there are always exceptions, if the circumstances are dire enough."

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
@Dragon of Bosnia
"Ah, well, if that's the case, then I would be most grateful if we were to quickly sort this 'regular business' now. I'm sorry for being abrupt, but I am anxious about how things are progressing. I'm not sure if you're aware, but a naval officer of The Republicans mutinied against his master. I do not hold it against him, even though I was taught that military officers should never surrender, and never mutiny. However, there are always exceptions, if the circumstances are dire enough."

"We will attend to such matters as soon as posdible right now we are trying to get as many Bosniaks and Turkish Bosniaks out of the country. I am however well aware of the mutiny. My government is questioning whether or not to arm your supporters."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Dragon of Bosnia
"From what I've been hearing from The President's lips, he seems quite alright with presiding over a mass exodus of foreigners," The Sultan remarked. "I assume it's some form of purge, by seeing how the governments of the world react to his actions and then asking those who don't act the way he wants to pack their bags. Most regrettable, since that means many tourists and immigrants are being evicted from their homes due to his actions. It's positively monstrous."

After a quick moment to muse silently, The Sultan looked back out of the window.

"As for whether we should be armed..." He murmured. "I have yet to make a decision. There are those who believe that we should begin a guerrilla war against the state, or outright attempting to conquer the land by force. However, I am reluctant to give my blessing for such things. Erdoğan is a monster that needs to be subjugated, but does that give me the right to begin open warfare against my people?"

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Dragon of Bosnia
"Do we know if they're armed?"

The Jandarma Onbaşı merely shrugged in response. Unknown to The Bosnians and The Sultan, the embassy in Istanbul had been put under surveillance. Now, with the sighting of the "terrorist leader" fleeing to the embassy, it was the time to strike. The house across the street from the embassy had been occupied by Turkish Gendarmerie personnel. After the frequent calls for The Sultan to flee by Bosnian civilians, it was a no-brainer for President Erdoğan to order that the authorities keep watch over the embassy. After all, The Bosnian Government had given The Ottoman Monarch full recognition, so it was no stretch of the imagination that they would provide asylum too. The group consisted of 21 Gendarmes, a Üsteğmen (Lieutenant) in overall charge, with 2 Onbaşı' (Corporals) that each had 9 Er (Privates) under their command. Armed with Yavuz 16 pistols, they were ready to ensure that The Sultan would not leave the embassy alive.

"Well, we'll make do with what we have," The officer mused. "Throw up a cordon round the building, no one in or out until The Sultan is handed over to us."

"And if they don't listen?"

"We shoot them, obviously."

Within minutes, the small force rushed out of their hiding spot and spread out across the street in front of the embassy. While some took up positions, so they could keep watch over the front entrance, others ran into the backstreets and alleys nearby in case there was a back entrance to the building.
4286668504_4322b3ae39_z.jpg

(3 Turkish Gendarmes watch the Bosnian Embassy from across the street)​
With the building surrounded, the officer prepared a loud hailer.

"To all individuals currently inside The Bosnian Embassy, this is The Jandarma. We know that you are harbouring a fugitive on the premises. As such, we have surrounded the building. You are prohibited from leaving until you have handed the aforementioned criminal over to us. Anyone who attempts to leave WILL be shot. Wave a white cloth out of any window to signal that you understand and will hand over The 'Sultan'."

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
Embassy security personal armed with Zastava Kalashinkovs would head to the top floor and train their weapons on the Jardarma ready to fire at a moments notice should the republican authorities attempt to storm the building upon command. Over a megaphone the ambassador would state the following - "attention, those authorities answering to the current republican administration, any such action taken that may result in the breach of our embassy will be considered a violation of international law and therefore will constitute as a violation of Bosnian sovereignity. " the security guards would remain vigilant with the Jardarma in their sights.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Dragon of Bosnia
"Am I talking to the ambassador of the embassy?" The officer called back. Upon receiving confirmation, he continued.

"It is in your best interests to hand over the fugitive to us! If you do not, we will be forced to cut the utility supplies to your building. In addition, as we stated before, no one is permitted to leave or enter. So, we will be prohibiting the provision of food and water too, until you comply."

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
The Ambassador sarcastically gave his response - "The Ambassador has gone to Sarajevo. He would be due back for two weeks. "

"The Embassy of The Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina shall not comply with these demands. The Sultan will remain her until further notice."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Very well!"

The officer grasped his radio and called HQ. After explaining the situation, it was agreed that the cordon would be bolstered with another platoon of Jandarma, and armoured vehicles. Within two hours, the siege had increased to 43 men, accompanied by 6 Otokar ZPT armoured cars armed with heavy machine guns.
123.jpg

(Turkish Jandarma armoured cars enroute to The Embassy Siege)
With the cordon now bolstered, the time was right for the electricity, gas and water supplies for the building to be cut off. All the appliances within the embassy suddenly shut down, deprived of the resources necessary to function.

CW1.png

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
The Bosnian Government would criticise the Turkish actions with President Izetbegovic stating the following - "the actions of the Turkish government in regards to our embassy in Istanbul is proof that Mr. Erdogan has no qualms about international law let alone his violation of it as such. Under no uncertain terms shall the Sultan be handed over. " Izetbegovic has give embassy security guards to stand their ground and if provoked open fire.

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
German citizens who were paying attention to the conflict thanks to social media would be horrified. Many would immediately protest outside the Bundestag in Berlin for the government to send aide or troops to support the Bosnians &, by extension, the Ottoman caliphate. However, such suggestions would go unheard, as the Bundestag would continue to argue with itself. In secret, however, President Celina Krästner would attempt to get the Chancellor to send a peacekeeping force over, while she would talk to other countries to attempt to gain their support in bringing down the current president.

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
The Bosnian government would commend the action of the German Government with an air of cautious optimism in regard to pleas for help. Meanwhile at the embassy there could heard the playing of Svedah music as the staff tried to take their minds off their collective plight. Security would eye the siegers waiting for all hell to break lose.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
The Jandarma watch back just as vigilantly. They were holding all the cards, since they'd cut off the electricity, gas and water, and were preventing anyone from entering or leaving. It was inevitable that the besieged would run out of food, eventually.

"This siege can end right now if you hand him over!" The officer in command called out with the aid of a loud hailer. "We are willing to wait forever. Eventually, we'll take him, or his body, once you've all starved to death."

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
An embassy security guard looked down the iron sights of his Zastava before accidently discharging a few shots at one of the jandarmas below outside the fence of the embassy. He was joined by the other guards who soon fired mistaking his discharge for an order authorizing them to open fire. The first shooter seemed shocked at his actions. The end game had begun.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
The Jandarma immediately dropped dead to the ground. Panic set in as the armoured cars trained their heavy machine guns onto the windows of the embassy and opened fire. The rest of the troop, who were on foot, scrambled for cover and opened fire upon any trace of activity they could see through the windows of the embassy.

"HQ, this is Bravo-Echo actual! Shots fired, I say again, shots fired!" The commander reported. "Requesting support from the army, over!"

"Bravo-Echo, this is HQ. Request received and accepted. Mechanised forces will be on the scene shortly to assist."

With the call for help heeded, 30 Republican soldiers in the local Istanbul garrison mounted their Ejder 6 wheeled armoured personnel carriers and began the trip to the embassy, accompanying them was an ACV-SW, an armoured vehicle armed with a 100mm rifled gun. If the Bosnians wanted a fight, Erdogan was happy to provide one, even if it meant demolishing the embassy.

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
After Zastava fire ceased for a brief second a few hand grenades were lobbed in an attempt to disable the ACV-SW. The grenades exploded but did little if anything in the way of damage. one rifleman grabbed a LAW anti-Tank weapon aiming down range at the ACV-SW. Three other guards set up a MG-53 and began firing sporadic bursts of ammo taking out a few enemies before pausing. In the basement of the embassy was a few days supply of food, water, medicine, and ammo. The sultan would be sent to the basement with his family. The Ambassador would grab a Zastava and take up position with security. A last stand this was to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren