STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[UAE] Call to Israel

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
Observing the current situation in the region, it is paramount to the security and safety of nations and people alike that diplomatic channels be opened and utilized to resolve disputes. With this being the firm stance of Emirati Foreign Policy, the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Anwar Mohammed Qarqash, would telephone the Israeli Foreign Minister, ensuring the call was made via an encrypted and secure line.

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Deputy Foreign Minister Idan Roll would take the call due to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs being busy with the current affairs going on in the region. The call was answered on a secure and encrypted line as the Deputy Minister answered the call in his office.

"Idan Roll, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs speaking, whom am I speaking to?"

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
" Good afternoon Deputy Minister. This is the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates calling on the behalf of our President.

It goes without me mentioning, the region in which we share has experience violence and hostility too many times within the last few decades and tensions are once again heating up close to boiling point. In light of this, we want to take the first step in ending the ongoing disputes and permanently bring peace to a war-torn neighbourhood.

This brings me to the reason for my call, my government believes it is now time that Israel and the United Arab Emirates normalise diplomatic relations. This would commence the opening of embassies and the exchange of permanent representatives, open the doors to immigration between our states, allow businesses to operate across our borders, among many other aspects which would bring prosperity. But of course, this can only be achieved with the support and agreement from your government, so what would be Tel Aviv's stance on this proposal Deputy Minister?"

Zak

• Love
Reactions: Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Hello Minister, it's a surprise to hear from you due to the fact that the United Arab Emirates has never recognised the State of Israel and your President Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, referred to Israel as "the enemy" of the Arab countries back in 1971. But I am glad that you have made contact with me today in these challenging times as we try to repair our relationships across the Middle Eastern region."

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"Yes, that is very true, those remarks were made and there was hostility from either sides of the table. In order to build bridges we both must acknowledge and take responsibility of our prior offences, yet we must not dwell on them. To dwell is to only maintain the fractured relationship.
That said, I'm happy to hear of your openness to move forward.
Now, I believe the first move should be to establish diplomatic mission in one another's state. Do you agree?

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I absolutely agree Minister, we would be inclined to open an embassy within Abu Dhabi and a consulate in Dubai if this is something you would allow? In return, you would be more than welcome to open an embassy and consulates in Israel."

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"Perfect! Of course, we can certainly accommodate that. We on the other hand shall open an embassy in Tel Aviv. That will do the job nicely. I shall arrange for a diplomatic team to be set up and sent over as soon as we prepare the building.

With that agreed to rather quickly, we can start the discussion of trade. Through recent economic prosperity comes a wide array of products to export to the likes of Israel. Our primary exports include mineral fuels (oil & gas), gems & precious metals, plastics & plastic articles, aluminium, electrical machinery & equipment. Are these something that can be of interest to your markets?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Absolutely Minister, Israeli markets are welcoming to use products and given the vast range of products listed, they will be used in a variety of fields across our country. Our primary exports include cut and uncut diamonds, pearls, stones and other precious metals, electrical machinery and equipment, mechanical machinery and appliances. Is there anything here that would be beneficial to the people of the United Arab Emirates?"

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"Perfect! So what products specifically shall I arrange for export?

Looking through our market data, we would like to import stones and precious metals, electrical machinery & equipment and mechanical machinery. On what basis would most suit you? We would prefer a weekly trade, however this is negotiable. Furthermore, what port will be operating this trade on your end?

Back to the topic of normalising relations, briefly. I believe a media announcement should be given to announce this historic move, but I don't want to give the go ahead for that currently without your agreement. So, do you agree with this?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Minister Qarqash, we would like to hold out on the media announcement at the moment. We have had a concerning message sent to our government by the Turkish Government and we're coordinating our National Security Cabinet to discuss said message."

Mansoas

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"...Oh, well I see...I am very much aware of the soured relations between Turkey and yourselves, but, now forgive me, I fail to see how a Turkish factor affects the repair of Emirati-Israeli relations. If you're having doubts concerning our alignment in this situation, I just want to make it clear that the UAE is very much neutral in these affairs. In fact, much to our disappointment actually, we have had no communication with the Turkish at all."

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We just didn't want them to contact you to try and destroy the progress that we're making to repair Emirati and Israeli relations since they're trying to turn the entire Arab world against us. It's sad to hear that they're calling for the State of Israel to be destroyed and that our government is an illegitimate government. If you're wanting to make a media announcement, we'll make seperate press conferences when the call concludes. Our Foreign Ministry has made a few remarks on social media already."

Mansoas

Last edited:

Mansoas

United Arab Emirates
Sep 24, 2021
"Ah well that I completely understand and appreciate.

Yes, their unprovoked hostility is a great disappointment indeed. Despite their already hostile measures, from a neutral perspective, I'm confident that Turkey can not succeed in their goal even with Saudi support. Neither the Turkish or the Saudis are financially and militarily equipped for a conflict, and already Western states have started to publicly rally with Israel. You've beaten worst odds Minister.

We will make our media announcement in due course.

...Oh....I've just realised that we haven't concluded our trade talks. We got as far as our exports to Israel and the frequency of trade. I do propose that given the circumstances, that we completely handle the trade as so the cargo vessels are under the UAE flag. It'll prevent the possibility of the vessels being targeted by Saudi Arabia and Turkey should they be under the Israeli flag."

Zak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II