STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Security Classification:
TOP SECRET

With the peace talks between Sweden and the United States at a close, tempoarily, Andrew Evans took the opportunity to convene the first COBR Meeting of the new year, with all available delegates present, there wasn't time for small talk.

Prime Minister, Andrew Evans
"It seems that these meetings are occurring more, but today's agenda brings new challenges. Previously we had discussed the issues surrounding Cyprus but as we all know, Turkey has continued to show their unpredictable approach to international politics and it's safe to say, the tension, remains. Although our focus ought to be peace through diplomacy and without an intent to escalate this into a conflict, my current concern surrounds national security and our lack of involvement could pose a serious threat if we are not prepared. I believe, echoing that of the Royal Navy's motto, that if you wish for peace, you should prepare for war. The topics that we ought to cover include that of the current threat level, involving allies and a suitable military response in preparation for the worst case scenario. I believe the threat level would be an ideal place to begin. The threats made by Turkey directly impact the United Kingdom as this was aimed towards an attack on Cyprus. This, combined with other actions from their government, I would like to propose that the threat level be increased significantly to Substantial. Indicating an attack is a strong possibility."

There were multiple nods across the cabinet office, everyone seemed to be in agreement and after some sharing of comments, Andrew continued.

"Given we are in agreement, I will leave it to the Home Office to see to the escalation of the threat level and for intelligence gathering to be our prime focus to make decisions going forward. Based on any evidence, this level can be reviewed periodically and escalated if the need arises. I'll be honest, we are a little late to the party on this one. America, Israel and potentially others are already moving assets into place to be able to react quickly. The last Operation, Paladin, was proposed but never went ahead. My suggestion would be to abolish said operation and establish a new, internationally-approved response. I would like to turn your attentions to the documentation following page 53 in front of you."

Andrew paused, each cabinet member turned the pages and worked their way through the briefing package received. Page 53, in bold red text marked CONFIDENTIAL and then beneath it, in black, "Operation Banshee". Giving his staff chance to review it, he would begin to summarize.

"Operation Banshee is the United Kingdoms response to the aggression shown by Turkey which covers three aspects we are severely lacking. Intelligence, Readiness and Response. If given the green light, this would see a combined effort between all branches, including that of the Intelligence Services, to work on Turkey and it's allies. To understand their intentions, any troop movements and to identify potential targets if required. This would also look to identify key members of their government or other governments that may support Turkey through any means. It would also oversee the utilization of the U-2 Spyplane among other resources. Furthermore, the deployment of air policing and a British Army Battle group to Cyprus supported by air defence placements and fortification. Our American colleagues have also asked to station forces in Cyprus which we would be hopefully carrying this out as a joint effort. It does not need to be said that a Battlegroup wouldn't be able to retaliate on its own, therefore, the operation would consist of Maritime Group 2 increasing its readiness at Gibraltar and capable of moving to Cyprus within a moments notice. They would be escalated to a war-time effort that will see further Harriers deployed to support them as well as Royal Marines.

There are also to be discussions with Israel that we would be looking to deploy forces to support them but also provide us with the capacity to reinforce Cyprus abruptly, if needed be. Whereas the 16 Air Assault Brigade are put on high alert. There are a lot of moving pieces but our response needs to begin today."

The meeting continued for a further 7 hours, multiple breaks involved and after back and forth discussions, a decision was made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien