STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Ukr] Message to the US Defense Department

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

Security: Private/Encrypted

To: John Glass, Jay Stevens Odinson

Subject: ADS inquiry

CC: Viktor Yushchenko, Oleksandr Kuzmuk, and Oleh Bilorus

Salutations Secretary Glass and Deputy Secretary Stevens,

I'm writing to your department to determine whether Ukraine is permitted to purchase items from American Defense Sales. The company does not indicate who exactly we should contact within the US Defense Department, so I'm addressing it to both of you--I apologize if this is incorrect. We are certain we meet some of the requirements--1. We are an independent republic 2. We are not at war with the United States or any of her allies (and never plan to be). Ukraine is also an active member of the Global Assembly and respectful of the resolutions it passes, which meets requirement No. 4.

However, the third requirement "Have established diplomatic relations with the United States including an exchange of embassies and ambassadors;" gives us pause as it does not specify just how well established these relations must be, if anything beyond the exchange of ambassadors. I should note that our former foreign minister Borys Tarasyuk attempted to contact your previous administration in the spring of last year to establish diplomatic talks, but never received a reply. We would like to assume this was due to the heavy workload representatives of the United States must undertake as leaders of the free world, and not due to any leftover Cold War suspicion.

Ukraine would like a fresh start. We would like to shift towards the more liberal minded ideals your country so exceptionally represents, and we believe ADS has products which could help us defend our newly restored liberties.

Respectfully,
Ihor Yúriyovych Kharchenko
First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

1920px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

1024px-United_States_Department_of_Defense_Seal.svg.png

1280px-Flag_of_the_United_States_Secretary_of_Defense.svg.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Ihor Kharchenko, First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Ukraine GingeOrCringe
FROM: John Glass, Secretary of Defense of The United States of America

Deputy Minister Kharachenko,

Thank you for contacting the Department of Defense to clarify this. You are correct in that Ukraine does meet the criteria to purchase equipment from the United States. I am sorry to hear that our countries were not able to exchange a diplomatic dialogue earlier, I can assure you that this was an unfortunate oversite, and not a slight. I am happy to hear that Ukraine has liberal, democratic ideals.

There are a number of products that the United States does not sell to other nations, after some policy changes in the DoD and some new regulations from Congress, and executive orders from the President. I encourage you to contact ADS, even if there is a product your armed forces, or scientific/educational agencies in your government, may desire. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

John Glass
Secretary of Defense
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Encrypted.png

Security: Private/Encrypted

To: John Glass, Jay Stevens Odinson

Subject: ADS inquiry

CC: Viktor Yushchenko, Oleksandr Kuzmuk, and Oleh Bilorus

It is a great relief to know the US holds no ill-will towards Ukraine. We will be contacting your State Department again in the near future, we hope the flagship of democracy will provide us with some guidance. Thank you for your timely response, we will send a secure inquiry to ADS once we have a more accurate idea of what we would like to purchase. We're happy to know such quality products could be an option for us.

Respectfully,
Ihor Yúriyovych Kharchenko
First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa