STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Ukraine] Phone call to Belgium

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
President Yushchenko would attempt to place a call to Albert II, King of the Belgians. He would explain to any operators that it concerned Belgium's national security. If the King was not available, he would request Prime Minister Adriaan Marissens or Minister Kristopher Reensma. The line would not be encrypted on Ukraine's end.

@Flying Damascas

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
While on hold, several aids rushed in and out of Yushchenko’s office, slipping updates onto his desk then scurrying back for more. He scanned them in-between call transfers.

“Your Highness,” was all he managed at first. He hadn’t expected to get through to anyone right away, and that was fine. It was the memos on the brief conflict that were causing a headache. “This is President Viktor Yushchenko of the Republic of Ukraine. I understand the past hours have been very stressful, so I’ll try to keep this call brief. I was under the impression that a friendship was beginning to sprout between our two countries. Now, I’m beginning to wonder if this is another misunderstanding by our Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Belgium has no obligations towards Ukraine, but as friendly states we would have appreciated a notice before these attacks occurred. Ukraine could have offered to moderate talks as an alternative to this violence. I’m afraid we’re too late to make more amicable suggestions now…”

He sighed as yet another aid slipped several photos of crumbling buildings in front of him. He couldn’t tell if they were Belgian or French. “We value our ties with Belgium, but cannot condone unprovoked attacks and unjust wars. In order to discourage such actions in the future, we are compelled to place sanctions against both Belgium and France. Given prior relations between our two countries, I thought we should give you a courtesy call before making a public announcement. It deeply distresses us, but Ukraine must also withdraw it’s invitation for a state visit—at least until your peace-talks have successfully concluded in Moscow.”

@Flying Damascas

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019
The King was slightly perplexed. Here he was in an office speak with a Ukrainian discussing recent and current events regarding the country's role in the outbreak of a brief war with France what some have seen as an oddity in recent European historical memory. He responsed politely:

"Mr. President, I was wondering when I might receive a call in person with you. Over these last few months my country has suffered through many trials and tribulations. This war in and of its self was something I was not informed of at the time, my head of government and his cabinet seem to be weak and inept stumbling upon themselves. Soon I will issue an edict of state, I want nothing to do with this miserable affair but Belgium must take care to reflect upon her actions and refrain from repeats of this nature we severely jeopardize the welfare of my people and their sovereignty. Nevertheless, my people hold Ukraine in high regard among the nations of Europe. That being said we are most appreciative your honest and sincere attempts at putting an end to hostilities between France and Belgium. I regret that Ukraine must place sanctions on Belgium but I understand your justification for such actions. I'm no less saddened than you are but in time things will work themselves out." The King sighed clearly remorseful if largely uninvolved in government.

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Unencrypted

“This does not mean severing Ukraine’s ties with Belgium completely,” Yushchenko proceeded slowly, detecting disappointment in the King’s voice. “You may have heard this before, but Ukraine’s name means borderland. We sit between several different states, and yet—since our return from communism—our country has been quite isolated in terms of foreign relations. Belgium was one of our first contacts, and Ukraine does not abandon its friends. Even if they make mistakes. Going forward, will do everything we can to advise our friend. I beg you to heed our counsel, we will only be able to assist you if you listen to our advice.”

"Declaring your special powers is a wise move, but you must realize it will not completely absolve Belgium in the eyes of the international community. Other countries will question Belgium’s sovereignty based on it’s past cabinet appointments. They might even question your governance given that—at least from my understanding—you are the commander of Belgium’s armed forces. It does not matter if this role is simply symbolic or your ministers were being insubordinate, hostile countries will continue to place the blame on you. To best defend Belgium, you’ll have to demonstrate your full commitment to peace. As distressing as it is, I’m pleading for you to allow Russian Peace Keepers to maintain the DMZ as soon as your special powers go into effect."

"Given our own turbulent history, Ukraine fully sympathizes with your apprehension. However, I’m concerned that if you don’t submit to their demand, they’ll see it as an excuse to use force against Belgium. This would likely result in more loss of innocent life, intrusions further into Belgian territory than currently requested, and occupation for an indefinite period of time. However, if Belgium commits to allowing Peace Keepers to maintain the DMZ, their residence will be temporary. Belgium, like France, will have more dictation over their presence. Showing you are willing to compromise in the name of peace will also gain more sympathy for Belgium in the eyes of the international community. Since your defense minister attacked unprovoked, this is favor Belgium will greatly need.”

Yushchenko rubbed the bridge of his nose as more documents were placed in front of him. “I apologize if any of these suggestions seem out of line. Belgium is an independent state which can make its own decisions, but Ukraine would like to help its friend. We see the greatest opportunity to assist if Belgium complies with international calls for the implementation of peacekeepers. We would like Europe to obtain to lasting peace and normalcy as soon as possible so that we can continue our amicable relations with your country.”

@Flying Damascas

Flying Damascas

Kingdom of Belgium
Dec 14, 2019
The King would listen intentively clearly interested and concerned but nevertheless optimistic inspite of the challanges facing his country.

"I understand that Ukraine is merely following an internationally accepted protocol out of a sense of devotion to its friends as it would any other nation and that such pursuits thereof are by no means the conclusion of pre existing relations. This too shall come to pass with time. No hard feelings, Mr. President.

As Belgium was indeed one of the first Northwestern European contact with Ukraine, my country wishes to heed the words of its friends and shall happily seek the guidance and counsel needed in order to prevent further incidents of this particular nature.

My decision to utilise emergency constitutional powers is something which requires a certain degree of caution, it is with this in mind that I shall soon consult my cabinet and the national assembly before commiting myself to this path but rest assured everything is under control. Once these powers take effect, I'm obliged to permit the entry of peacekeepers for the greater good of the nation and regional stability. "

@GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
"Excellent, this is very good news. We knew the Kingdom of Belgium would come to see reason. We hope Belgium and France can quickly come to agreements which result in lasting peace."

Having addressed all necessary points, President Yushchenko would bid Albert II a good night before ending the call.

@Flying Damascas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II