STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

United States | Diplomatic Message to Sweden

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

1024px-U.S._Department_of_State_official_seal.svg.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF STATE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Margot Wallström, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Sweden ( Connor )
FROM: Jackson Fitzgerald, Secretary of State of the United States of America

Secretary Wallström,

The recent declaration of war by South Africa against the Kingdom of Sweden is shocking, almost to the point that the federal government is questioning the sanity of South Africa's top leadership. President Gore instructed me to inform your government that we recognize no clear casus belli for South Africa to have against Sweden, as Sweden's ownership of the islands was specifically laid out in the Antarctica Treaty. The United States supports all present resolutions passed by the Global Assembly and does not intend to passively watch as the backwards, hateful regime in South Africa intends to shred the Antarctic resolution. Without giving away a specific location, I can inform you that the United States has a carrier battle group in the area. If your government would like assistance please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Jackson Fitzgerald
Secretary of State
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
50px-Coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Jackson Fitzgerald,

Thank you for your respondence in relation to the South African declaration of war. Their actions go against every value hand dear to the Kingdom of Sweden and we too are questioning the legitimacy of their governments decision and whether or not this is a sign that the collapse of the state is imminent. I too concur that their decision to declare war is unlawful especially considering the diplomatic avenues available to them as former territory claimants within the sub-Antarctic have not been explored in any capacity. Sweden will not sit and allow South Africa to demolish every building block we have constructed to keep Antarctica, and the sub-Antarctic for that matter, safe and peaceful. There is absolutely no circumstance where we want to see further loss of life in this region, especially as we have only just passed the anniversary of the murder of HSwMS Sno ship company.

At present the Department of Defence is planning necessary contingencies to ensure the protection of Swedish overseas territory and in order to prevent risking an escalation by the South African government we will initially be keeping this small scale. I am reassured to hear the United States has a local Carrier Strike Group and this is absolutely something we will keep in our planning should it be necessary to have foreign forces intervene on this matter.

I have consulted with the Bureau for African Affairs who have confirmed the Swedish diplomatic missions abroad have been closed. This is primarily to prevent the unlawful arrest of diplomats abroad as we saw happen in Argentina last time the Antarctic legitimacy came into question - we now have a situation where many Swedish nationals are without adequate refuge and services in order to return home. Would the United States be prepared to facilitate emergency consular services to our nationals abroad in the immediate future until this situation is resolved? I understand it is unusual to ask this of you considering our minimal relationship however we have long held the United States in high regard and understand that you possess the modern services necessary for the issuance of the necessary processes.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Department of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Sweden

Odinson

SECURE
Crown Copyright © Kingdom of Sweden
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF STATE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Margot Wallström, Secretary of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Sweden ( Connor )

Secretary Wallström,

I have just informed the Foreign Service that United States embassies and consulates in the following countries are to provide sanctuary to any Swedish citizen with a valid passport: South Africa, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, and Namibia. Rest assured, Swedes will not be turned away from American embassies. Again, while I cannot inform you of the exact location of our Carrier Battle Group, I can assure you that there will be one in the area. If Prime Minister Löfven decides that some kind of military action needs to be taken, and he would like to have our armed forces coordinate or at least have our carrier group provide radar and sonar data, please inform my office, the Secretary of Defense, or the Secretary of the Navy. In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything else that we can do to assist.

Best Regards,

Jackson Fitzgerald
Secretary of State
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Jackson Fitzgerald,

Your support for the Kingdom of Sweden in this unusual time has not gone unnoticed and your assurance to provide Swedish nationals with refuge is a clear sign to your commitment towards our nation during this state of war. I have liaised with the Bureau of American Affairs in conjunction with the team in African Affairs to arrange the necessary administrative functions to take place through out normal work streams already in place for our own missions. This should limit the impact it has on your on normal business operations.

We will make the necessary announcements on social media to ensure those that want to flee can begin doing so. The position of Stockholm is a 'do not travel' advisory on South Africa for the foreseeable, certainly at least until we can be assured of the safety of those travelling there.

I will be in touch shortly, thank you again for your support.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Kingdom of Sweden

Odinson

SECURE
All information is subject to the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF STATE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

Secretary Wallström,

With the escalation of the situation, the President has redirected American military assets and forces to the area. I am not at liberty to disclose what these assets are, or where they exactly are, but it is my belief that your armed forces may eventually become aware of their presence. While I have so far been able to provide you with almost no information in this message so far, I did want to specifically relay that these military assets and forces are not being sent to pose any kind of threat to Swedish forces. I can confirm to you that the United States Embassy and consulates in South Africa will continue to be a safe haven for Swedes. Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you need any assistance.

Best Regards,

Jackson Fitzgerald
Secretary of State
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Jackson Fitzgerald,

At present there has been no escalation in the war with South Africa although I appreciate the present of United States assets and forces may be tantamount to your power projections worldwide. I would plead with you not to use this delicate situation for political gain. I trust that your presence, as you've stated, are no threat to the Swedish Armed Forces operating lawfully within the region.

The Bureau for African Affairs and I have had many great things to say about your diplomatic mission and it's operation to support the repatriation of Swedish nationals - your commitment to ensuring their safety and right of passage has been duly noted. The United States of America remains a key ally to Sweden in this tense moment and I can see our relationship growing flush as the years go on.

God bless.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Kingdom of Sweden

Odinson

SECURE

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Jackson Fitzgerald,

I hope this message finds you well following our recent correspondence and your thus far unconditional support of the Swedish effort in South Africa. The war has been trying of both the ropey relationship between Sweden and South Africa's former government but also of the United States-Sweden relationship which appears so far to have been flourishing as our interests grow ever closer.

I have received numerous reports from the Bureau for America Affairs that the consular services provided by your mission in South Africa have been above and beyond what we initially expected during our time at a state of war.

We have been surprised by the South African populations support of the Swedish occupation, we have regular droves of families from across the Western Cape approaching military personnel bearing gifts and gratuities which have not gone unwelcomed.

We would like to return our hand in unwavering commitment to ensuring the closeness of our nations in inviting you to part-take in Operation Pyrite which will undoubtedly assist in projecting your nations great strength and power with the promotion of the rule of law and justice in South Africa. At present we are preparing a reconnaissance mission in the northern areas where we have intelligence to suggest the civilian law enforcement is fractured and in dire need of not only training but also fundamental law enforcement following the collapse of the apartheid regime. The civilian population, as I mentioned, supports our efforts however do not have the essential infrastructure in place to make this happen. I strongly believe a deployment of your Military Police, in conjunction with Swedish equivalents, will assist this process.

The specifics of your deployment can be further discussed with the Department of Defence to identify the specific requirements - I trust your response will be timely.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Kingdom of Sweden

Odinson

SECURE

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

QT5ehQ7.png

67ka0nc.png
[TR][TD]

OFFICE OF
THE SECRETARY OF STATE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

Secretary Wallström,

While we entirely supported defending the Global Assembly's Antarctic Treaty, which included the rights of Sweden to specified territories as a result of it, we do not support a prolonged Swedish occupation of South Africa. The United States is becoming increasingly concerned that your government intends to permanently colonize South Africa, which is an independent and sovereign state. I would like to ask you for clarification on this subject, and clarification as to your government's intentions.

Best Regards,

Jackson Fitzgerald
Secretary of State
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

Government of Sweden
Löfven Administration

Dear Jackson Fitzgerald,

Your message arrives substantially overdue and quite honestly I grow concerned over the 'flip-flop' nature of the United States of America's foreign policy.

Over the past few months we have seen an overwhelming amount of support for Swedish Armed Forces personnel in South Africa by those of white, black and ethnic minority backgrounds. The people of South Africa feel liberated, governed, supported and safe with Swedish presence. To speak frankly, Secretary of State, whilst America appears to have adopted this 'world police' title, you do not dictate the politics of European, African, Asian or American states in any capacity or form. The people do.

At the very heart of Swedish values is the longevity of democracy. We are answering to the South Africans, not the United States of America that turned its back on South Africa you realised it wasn't the focal point of the worlds news. Our prior correspondence is clear. You're on the hunt for political influence, power projection and significance on the worlds stage... and you'll throw allies, partners and friends under the bus to reach it. I am extremely disappointed to see the United States, a close partner of Sweden donning the hat of a worldwide cowboy. For instance I was astonished by your declaration of a no-fly and no-sail zone within international waters and apparently even in Israeli/Lebanese territorial waters - which advisor told you that was lawful?

For your information we are working closely with the Israeli Defence Force and the Royal Thai Armed Forces to deliver a 'Civilian Focus Program' which, in it's infancy, will see the deliverance of free healthcare for vaccinations, immunisations and minor medical treatment from extremely highly trained medical professionals from the three of our armed forces combined. This program will be a gateway to investment by Sweden into the armed forces for South Africa, continuation of hospital upgrades and developments in major cities and towns, reinstatement of reliable law enforcement to promote the rule of law and much, much more.

In short, Secretary, the people of South Africa have demanded we stay put. So we will. We will continue to collaborate with nations worldwide to promote our core values in South Africa and develop the region in a net of safety.

Regards,
Margot Wallström
Kingdom of Sweden

Odinson

SECURE

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II