STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

United States | Message to Ukraine

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

us.gif

1024px-United_States_Department_of_Defense_Seal.svg.png

MbziiaN.png
[TR][TD]

THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Oleksandr Kuzmuk, Secretary of Defense of the Republic of Ukraine( GingeOrCringe )​
FROM: John Glass, Secretary of Defense of the United States of America

Secretary Kuzmuk,

On behalf of the President, I am very sorry to hear about the attempted assassination of President Yushchenko. We hope that those responsible are brought to justice and that the President makes a speedy and full recovery. Please let me know if there is anything that we can do to assist you in this time of crisis. Could you please inform me who is the acting-Head of State and commander-in-chief in President Yushchenko's absence?

I am also writing to inform you that the United States will be making a major deployment to your area. We are doing so in the event that there is presently a larger communist conspiracy in your country to threaten your government. We do not intend on entering Ukrainian territory without the permission of your government. However, the United States will be prepared to assist your legitimate government in any way we can. I will be able to give you more specific details in the coming days. That being said, the United States will not tolerate a communist coup in Ukraine. We will maintain this presence until this event is over, or until the Russian Federation has restored its stability.

Please respond to me with any questions that you may have. Also, please inform me what the current status is in Kiev and within the government. Do you have any reason to believe that there is presently a larger plot underway to disrupt your government?

Best Regards,

John Glass
Secretary of Defense
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020

To: John Glass Odinson

Bcc: Konstyantyn Gryshchenko, Viktor Yankuovych, Leonid Kuchma

Subject: Re: Regional Stability

Security: Private and encrypted

To the honorable Secretary Glass,

On behalf of the Independent Republic of Ukraine I thank you for your words of sympathy.

As of now, we believe the attempt on the President's life was orchestrated by just two individuals. If this assessment changes, we will inform you. I would compare the current situation in Kyiv to that of the US in 1963--shocked, but stable.

Pro-communist demonstrations sprang up in the Eastern Oblasts following the unrest in Russia. In order of severity Donetsk, Luhansk, and to a lesser extent Kharkiv would be the most probable areas for issues to arise. With that said, we do not consider it likely that there will be any large scale insurrection. Several facts support this--The communist party makes up less than 6% of the Verkhovna Rada's total seats--there is no evidence of popularity. In response to the small scale, pro-communist protests that have been taking place, even more anti-communist demonstrations have occurred. I would also point to our historical track record. During the last two decades of the USSR, 60 to 70% of political prisoners were Ukrainian. Communism is not a system our people agree with. A foreign grown or sponsored communist threat is more likely--were one to occur.

We would like more clarification on what it is you mean when you say "a major deployment to your area." Please elaborate.

Respectfully,

Oleksander Ivanovich Kuzmuk
Олекса́ндр Іва́нович Кузьму́к
Minister of Defense
The Independent Republic of Ukraine

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

us.gif

1024px-United_States_Department_of_Defense_Seal.svg.png

MbziiaN.png
[TR][TD]

THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Oleksandr Kuzmuk, Secretary of Defense of the Republic of Ukraine( GingeOrCringe )​
FROM: John Glass, Secretary of Defense of the United States of America

Secretary Kuzmuk,

An American carrier strike group is now in the Black Sea, just outside of your territorial waters. At this time, we are prepared to deploy a total of 1500 ground forces, including U.S. Marines and Airmen, into Ukraine for any needed peacekeeping operations. We have the operational capability to land these forces in Kiev if necessary. This will of course not be done without the necessary request through the legitimate channels of your government, including yourself. Also, the fleet has the capability of striking ground targets anywhere in the Republic of Ukraine. We are standing by to help Ukraine, or the Russian Federation, in any way we can. Please let me know if the deployment of U.S. ground forces into your country is necessary, or if there are locations of any insurgencies that you would like us to assist you in destroying. We're standing by. I will be sending a similar message to President Yeltsin shortly.

Best Regards,

John Glass
Secretary of Defense
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
For the moment, Ukraine was without a commander-in-chief and the state was functioning as if it had been decapitated. Within the MoD, staff were just as on edge as the rest of the country, but they would work with stoic faces and cool-toned voices. Minister Kuzmuk's private office, dimly lit, would be particularly quiet. Even Lyudmila, the Minister's cockatoo, was silent on her perch, her eyes shut for the night.

Kuzmuk would use a private and secure line to dial the US Department of State. He would take matters into his own hands.

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Private​

Secretary of State Jackson Fitzgerald had just left a meeting with the President's National Security Council in the White House. He had just walked past the Oval Office and was on his way back to the State Department when one of his assistants tapped him on the shoulder.

"Mister Secretary, a call is coming in for you from the Ukrainian Minister of Defense. It appears to be urgent," she said.
Fitzgerald's eyes were a bit bloodshot as he turned to look at his assistant.
"Alright, I don't think anyone is using this room," he said as knocked twice and then opened the door. He flicked on the lights and then immediately stepped backwards into his secretary. There were two staffers or interns, he couldn't tell, that were in the room. One, a young man, had another, a young woman, pressed up against a wall. They were in the midst of some passionate romantic embrace and kiss. It looked like the young woman had managed to unbutton her blouse, but the young man had been struggling - probably for a while - to unhook her bra. Fitzgerald was thankful for that.

"Are you two idiots?" he asked as he closed the door into his assistant's face, keeping her out of the room.
"You, put your... shirt, thing back on. You, come see," he said as he pointed at the young man.
The young man came close to Fitzgerald, who bent down. "What in the hell do you think you're doing? What's your name?" Fitzgerald asked.
"Mister Secretary I... I..." he stuttered to say. His face, that was full of color and strength of only a few moments ago, "my name is Jerry O'Reilly," he said.

Jerry's name gave Fitzgerald pause. "Where are you from, Jerry?" he asked as the girl struggled to button back up her blouse, occasionally skipping a button and having to start over.
"I'm from Boston," the young man said, "Dorchester."
"What? Really?" Fitzgerald asked, his anger evaporating. "Me too. What street?"
"I lived with my grandma on Walnut Street for middle school, high school, and most of college. It's over by Joes-"
"Joseph Finnegan Park, yeah I know it. My grandma has a place there too, she just moved from Ireland," he said.

Fitzgerald briefly looked over at the girl the girl who was 23 while Jerry was 18 or maybe 19. "You're an intern?" the Secretary asked in a more hushed, relaxed tone.
"Yes sir... She works for the Chief of Staff. Her name is Nicole... I forgot her last name," he said. Fitzgerald, who was exhausted, started to laugh but managed to control himself.
Nice he thought to himself. "Listen, this is the Vice President's office... Go take her to dinner or go home or something," he said, to the young man's dissatisfaction. "Or, go to the underground section near the mess hall, and you'll find a steam/storage room. It's a bit more dank in there, but it'll be private. But if you're going to hit a home run, don't do it here in the White House," Fitzgerald said as the young man's eyes lit up. "And if you tell anyone I said this," he continued to whisper, "you'll never find a job on this continent again," he said.

Jerry quickly nodded his head and went over to the girl. "Hey Nicole there's something by the mess hall I wanted to show you, let's go," he said as she finally managed to get the buttons right.
"I told you, my name is Nicolet," she pestered as they walked to the door.
"What did you tell him to make him let us go?" she asked in a hushed tone.
"Oh you know, I just told him we meant no disrespect... he understood, we're going somewhere else," he said as they walked out.

"Freaking incredible," Fitzgerald said to himself. He walked back to the Vice President's desk and took a seat behind it. There was currently no Vice President, since President Gore was now in the Oval Office. Fitzgerald momentarily considered how nice it would be to be Vice President with a higher pay and nothing to do but break ties in the Senate. He daydreamed, and almost started to doze off in the comfortable leather chair, before his assistant knocked on the door and came in.

"The Minister is on line one, Mister Secretary," she said.
"It smells like 20-year-old in here," Fitzgerald said. "Go get some Febreze please - the lemon one," he said. Once the door was closed, Fitzgerald picked up the secure phone line and answered, "This is Jackson Fitzgerald, how can I help you Minister?"
GingeOrCringe

Last edited:

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

"Mr. Secretary," greeted Minister Kuzmuk. "I'm contacting you as Ukraine's temporary head of state. I won't insult you by asking if this is a private and encrypted line--I trust the US takes its communication security quite seriously. I'm calling in regards to your emails. You say your country would be willing to assist us should an internal threat arise. If we do require your support, what is the US asking for in return? I would reiterate that homegrown terrorism is not our greatest concern--It's not Ukrainians protesting for a revival of the Soviet Union... Would you be capable of assisting in the event external forces attempt to claim Ukraine as part of their own sovereign territory?"

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"...I'm not sure what you mean by 'external forces,'" said Secretary Fitzgerald. "We have made the preparations that are already underway because of the assassination attempt on President Yushchenko. We aren't doing this to gain anything, we simply want to see that Russia and Eastern Europe remain stable and safe. If another country were to invade Ukraine, it would be above my paygrade to make any kind of decision as to whether or not we intervene," he said. "I'm not exactly sure who you are referring to, though. Also, please forgive me, but I'm not so familiar with the Ukrainian constitution. Does the Minister of Defense becoming acting-President - or acting 'Head of State' as you put it - when the President is incapacitated?" he asked.
GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
private/encrypted

"I was simply curious as to the exact terms and nature of your deployment just off our coast. I'm sure you can understand the uneasiness we feel being so close to a country championing Yevgeny Dzhugashvili, grandson of Stalin, as a political leader. If Russia's free government topples, the communists will next want to topple the border with Ukraine, and then we'll return to the way things were less than ten years ago. That is our concern."

Secretary Fitzgerald might hear the creak of a door and the rustle of papers as a staffer entered Kuzmuk's office with yet another briefing. Then there was silence for a moment. Kuzmuk would would clear his throat. He was itching for a cigar but would abstain--Lyudmila's lungs were sensitive.

19b.jpg

"But if Russia does not give in to these communist ruffians, you'll have no business here. I'm sure your men would prefer to be back on American soil."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"The government's present position as that the Yeltsin Administration is trying to be a positive influence in Eastern Europe. We are doing our best to work with them to help make the world a better place, instead of actively working against them. If there would be a coup in Russia, or if the communists were to take back control of the government, then the case may very well change. If Russia were to invade Ukraine without justification, then I'm sure it would be a matter that the entire world would not tolerate... Thank you for calling, Minister. But I need to be going. If the President's situation changes, please inform my office or the American embassy in Kiev. In fact, I would like to speak with him as soon as possible, as I'm sure Ukraine is looking forward to being under the stewardship of their democratically elected leader again," he said. If there was nothing else to add, Fitzgerald would bid Kuzmuk farewell and end the call.

He would take notes of what was said during the call, and keep them on his person.
GingeOrCringe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa