Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2000

Month: November

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 07/08/2022

ECONOMY

OUR STAFF

Administration Team
Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support
Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Tim

Need Help?
Submit a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D
RPGfix

Odinson

Veteran
GA Member

OVAL OFFICE ADDRESS
President Al Gore
February 5, 1997

"My fellow Americans. Last night, our republic was attacked during one of our most cherished constitutional traditions. In an instant, hundreds of statesmen, leaders, warriors, and patriots died, including President Clinton, from the actions of a faceless coward. One of the most recognizable symbols of our republic was set ablaze. The perpetrators behind this attack obviously meant to totally destroy the Federal Government and to scare the American people into submission - they have failed.

"Last night and early this morning, deputy secretaries of federal departments and agencies met here in the White House so that we could coordinate our recovery, as well as finding those who are responsible and bringing them to justice. Moreover, the response from the American people has been more impressive than I could have imagined. Rescue workers and soldiers worked through the night in the rubble of the House Chamber - survivors from inside the South Wing were recovered, including at least a dozen congressional staffers and four Capitol Police officers. Everyone from the FBI, to NASA, to the Air Force and Army, as well as the D.C. fire and police departments have all helped at the Capitol Building. I have also been told that as of this morning, military recruitment centers from Florida to Alaska are overflowing with tens-of-thousands of young men and women who are ready to step forward and defend their country in its time of need. I have no worry we, the people, will get through this stronger and more determined than ever before.

"In order to restore the House of Representatives, special elections will be coordinated throughout the country in the coming months. It is my goal, however, to see to it that the Senate will be in session by the beginning of March. The Constitution permits state governments to appoint senators when vacancies arise. To help coordinate this plan, I will be talking to all of your governors later today. America's only surviving legislator, Senator Benjamin Sinclair from Maine, will join me in that phone call. Other survivors of last night's attack include Secretary of State Jackson Fitzgerald and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. It is with the help of these three men, and the hard working patriots in the federal departments and agencies, that we have been able to make so much progress in such a short amount of time.

"To our allies and friends around the world, I have this to say. The United States government is intact and in working order, and we are open for business. I appreciate the leaders and diplomats from our friends in Spain, Portugal, Canada, Poland, and Ireland who took the time to call and give their condolences. After speaking with the Secretary of State, I am sure that we have an international network of friends who will help us track down the guilty.

"We will bring those responsible to justice, we will restore the American congress, and we will rebuild the Capitol Building just as it was before... Keep strong, keep your faith, and remember to vote in the elections soon to come. May God bless our fallen friends, and may God bless the United States of America."

Odinson

Veteran
GA Member

DETROIT FOUNDATION HOTEL
DETRIOT, MICHIGAN
President Al Gore
July 1997

"My fellow citizens, I spent most of today in the lesser-visited parts of Detroit. I went to Brightmoor, Ravendale, Goldberg, Westwood Park, and Burbank. What I saw today was... an American travesty. There were crumbling cathedrals, hundreds of burnt homes, and thousands more that were empty. I met people that lived without electricity and others that said they didn't trust the city's water. I ate dinner with a man who use to cook in a kitchen, and now he lives in his car. The situation is dire here, much more dire than Mayor Matthews was leading me to believe yesterday.

"Entire neighborhoods have been abandoned, some of which have burned down from arson because the fire department is spread thin, and the police department is underfunded and understaffed. The condition this city is in is unacceptable. Part of it is due to changes in the economy over the decades. But some of it, a strong portion of it, is due to corruption. This evening I've spoken with the Attorney General and the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan - thirty-seven charges of embezzlement have been filed against the Mayor alone, and three other members of the city council have been arrested on similar charges. I have also spoken with the Governor of Michigan, John Engler. The State will be assisting the Justice Department in conducting a thorough investigation into Detroit and Wayne County's finances. The State of Michigan will be using its emergency powers to run city services for the next month until a new election can be held for Mayor and members of the city council... I would like to thank the City Council President, Jacob Cane, for leading the crusade to unveil this corruption.

"It's now time to move forward. Minutes ago, I informed Speaker Bush and Senator Sinclair that I will be calling the House and Senate into emergency session. The Federal government must act immediately to help the people of Detroit. I have been told there's similar issues in other cities across America from New York to New Orleans. Conditions like I have seen today are not acceptable in a first-world country, and the world's greatest superpower. To the people of Detroit I have this to say... the system has failed you - we have failed you. There are no words I can say to fix what I saw tonight, what needs to happen now, is action... Any questions?"

Q: "Samantha Anderson, WXYZ Channel 7; Mister President, it was recently announced that Sparrow Industries would not be building a major manufacturing center here in Detroit. That project was expected to bring thousands of jobs to the city. Is there anything that can be done?"
A: "Sparrow Industries will come to find that not coming to Detroit was the biggest mistake they made this decade - Detroit has a bright future ahead of it, this city is an arsenal of democracy, and will be a manufacturing mecca again."

Q: "Mister President, how is the federal government going to help the city?"
A: "We have to take down these abandoned buildings that can't be salvaged, we have to bring jobs back to the city, and we have to help folks here get off drugs. We can, and will, help the city and state accomplish those goals."​

Last edited:

Odinson

Veteran
GA Member

THE PRESS BRIEFING ROOM
President Al Gore
August 1997

President Gore surprised the White House Press Corps this morning when he was introduced by Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers and took his place behind the podium. The President made no statement, and instead said, "I'll take your questions." Questions were asked on several different topics, but most of the twenty minute briefing covered the ongoing civil unrest in Canada. The Washington Post was given the first question, to which he appeared to already have an answer prepared.
-Courtesy of The Washington Post

Q: "Mr. President, what is your stance on the ongoing protests in Canada? Is America going to intervene?"
-Rick Williams, The Washington Post

A: "The situation in Canada is very serious. The federal government is watching the situation closely. The United States fully supports the Canadian people's right to self-determination, it seems pretty obvious to me that the Canadian people want a 'snap election.'"
-President Gore

Q: "My second question, Mr. President. Will the United States intervene?"
-Rick Williams, The Washington Post

A: "As it stands, Canada is still a parliamentary democracy and is of course a sovereign nation. The Canadian people have a right to self-determination and it's not America's job to intervene in their domestic politics. Canada has faced political difficulties before - in 1896, and in 1925 with the 'King-Byng Affair'. What happened? Canadian institutions properly functioned, and things went on."

Q: "Mr. President, if the so-called 'Strasserists' asked for help, would the United States then intervene?"
-Mary Holmes, The New York Times

A: "If the present government called a snap election, and asked for the United States to send observers to help boost confidence in the legitimacy of the election, we would of course be more than happy to help, but that is up to them. We would be willing to assist in a snap election in any way possible - that's what a good, democratic neighbor would do."​

Last edited:

Odinson

Veteran
GA Member

THE PRESS BRIEFING ROOM
President Al Gore
April 20, 1999

"Good afternoon, please take your seats.

"Mary and I are deeply saddened by this tragedy that took place this morning... Two students at Columbine Highschool in Littleton, Colorado undertook a mass shooting against their classmates and teachers before turning their guns on themselves. I've been told that they targeted student athletes, Christians, and minorities. Over a dozen are confirmed dead and at least two dozen more have been seriously wounded. I've spoken with Governor Owens, the Director of the FBI, and the Principle of Columbine High...

"Events like this call the sanity of our society into question. The utter madness, and evil, it must take to do something like this is not comprehendible. We may ask ourselves, momentarily, if there is any good left in the world? I've asked myself this question all afternoon. It wasn't until I spoke to local leaders that I found the answer to that question. A teacher, Dave Sanders, drug injured students to safety and kept others away from danger. He died protecting his students. I was also told of two janitors, and other staff, who put themselves in the line of fire to get students to safety and to distract the gunmen. Some of the students helped hide their fellow classmates or lead them to safety, and I was told that some even used their own bodies as shields for others. Seventeen year-old Rachel Scott was among the first victims... She was shot several times and in her final moments was asked if she believed in God... Staring down the barrel of a gun she defiantly answered, 'You know I do'.... There's countless more stories like this - the amount of good embodied by the students and teachers in Columbine must be like a blinding beacon of light to the few corners of darkness there. Saint Peter's Gates are wide open today - the brave, the faithful, and the innocent are walking in together, bringing even more light to the high reaches of heaven.

"I've instructed the Director of the FBI and the Secretary of Education to begin an immediate investigation into why this happened and what we can do in the future to prevent tragedies like this. While we take time to learn more and to mourn the devastating loss of innocent life, I ask that you remember the distinct heroism of so many young people, teachers, and staff at Columbine. We will follow their example and do everything we can to preserve life and prevent such tragedies in the future. Please join me in a moment of silence.............................. May God bless the victims and their families, and may God bless the United States of America."​

Odinson

Veteran
GA Member

THE PRESS BRIEFING ROOM
President Al Gore
May 3, 1999

"Good morning. Today, the United States Congress has passed House Joint Resolution 105-11, which is an authorization for the use of military force in the Mediterranean Area. What this means is that Congress has authorized me to, in my capacity as Commander-in-Chief, deploy United States armed forces to Europe and the Middle East. As we speak, a United States fleet is arriving in the region which has a very important mission: enforce peace. I have spoken with the United States Ambassador to the Global Assembly, representatives from the State Department, as well as some of our allies and friends in Europe. A number of recent events have led to instability in the Eastern Mediterranean region. These events are not be the fault of any one state, but instead a perfect geopolitical storm so to speak. That is why I am asking our friends in Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and other states in the area to halt and asses what has happened and what can happen if things devolve further. Next, I am asking the governments of those countries to join the United States in calling for a cessation of hostilities and a general cease fire. So far as I can tell, and the State Department has been able to determine, few attempts have been made in the diplomatic sphere to cool things down. This is unacceptable, especially as we approach the end of the 20th century which has seen so much unnecessary blood shed because leaders could not sit down at a table and talk out their differences instead of sending young men to die in their place.

"Effective immediately, the United States is declaring a no-fly and no-sail zone for the next 96 hours in all of the international waters of the Mediterranean Sea east of 33 degrees East and south of 34 degrees North as indicated by this map beside me. The United States Navy will intercept all foreign military aircraft and military vessels that enter this airspace and waters for the preservation of peace in the region. To be clear this does not extend to the territorial waters of any nation. As of now, the Navy has already begun armed patrols of the area. I have ordered this measure because it has become apparent that a full scale conflict would break out otherwise. To help facilitate peace talks, I ask that the Global Assembly begin the process of organizing a peace-keeping task force so that there is an international presence in the area. To be clear, we are not taking any side except that of preventing war.

"In the meantime, the United States will be inviting representatives from Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey to conduct peace talks. It is my hope that the leaders of these nations, some of whom I know have wisdom beyond my own years, will agree that war is not the answer. The State Department will be making further announcements about the situation in the Mediterranean. Thank you."

Map of no-fly and no-sail zone (not including territorial waters of nations).​

Odinson

Veteran
GA Member

THE ROSE GARDEN
President Al Gore
May 1, 2000

"Good afternoon. Today I will be giving an update on the war in Turkey. Days ago, a former President and Prime Minister of Turkey, Mesut Yilmaz, delivered a speech where he announced that President Devlet Bahçeli was found and arrested. He stated that President Bahçeli would be turned over to the international community for the prosecution of war crimes, and he ordered all remaining Turkish military forces to stand down and cease all hostilities. Today I can confirm that all of this is true. As of a few days ago all fighting in the Mediterranean and Turkey has ceased. Turkish soldiers, sailors, and airmen throughout the country have been seen surrendering to American and allied forces.

"Early on in this war, the 'United Coalition,' an international coalition of nations, was formed. Its mission was to oppose the outrageous atrocities being committed by Turkish civil and military authorities and to prevent any more from being orchestrated. Also, significant efforts were being made to prevent a Turkish invasion of Israel. Later, the coalition also saw itself opposing Saudi Arabia which declared war against the United States and a number of other allied nations. I can say with absolute certainty that the efforts of the armed forces of the United States, the United Kingdom, the Russian Empire, the Kingdom of Sweden, and Israel were instrumental in winning the war against Turkey. We also have our friends in Australia to thank for their significant efforts in fighting Saudi Arabia and seeing to its capitulations as well. Although not part of the United Coalition, Congolese forces were deployed to the other side of the world and played an important role in the war as well.

"In the coming days we expect to secure the formal surrender of Turkey. As of now, however, the United States still has a significant presence in Europe. We will be coordinating with our allies and partners to bring humanitarian aid to civilians in the war torn regions of Turkey. We will also see to the arrest of war criminals, the documentation of war crimes, and the reestablishment of law and order in Ankara. Once that is accomplished, we will oversee democratic elections in Turkey and the restoration of the Turkish government. After that our mission will be complete and our soldiers will return home.

"This war has highlighted frightening problems that we now face in the twenty-first century. Some of them will be difficult to address, but there are others that we can start working on immediately. For example, the Turkish military was armed with weapons and vehicles from around the world - many of which had their origin in the very nations they were fighting against. Turkey also had access to intercontinental ballistic missiles, some of which were fired at both civilian and military targets in the Congo. We have reason to believe that these ICBMs could have reached the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, and Sweden as well. These weapons could have been used to carry biological, chemical, or even nuclear weapons. The fact that a genocidal state was able to procure such weapons and conduct such an incredible military build-up in so short a time speaks volumes to why we need international arms-control of certain kinds of weaponry. Nations that do not have an established record of stability and sanity should not be able to acquire an arsenal like the one that Turkey was able to build up.

"Furthermore, it is the position of the United States that the international community must see to the non-proliferation of strategic weapons. While the world would be better off if no nation had this kind of weaponry, the least that the international community can do is to ensure that the number of nations with these weapons does not grow. To accomplish this I have directed the American ambassador to the Global Assembly to draft a resolution banning the export of strategic weapons and weapons of mass destruction. This resolution will also include greater controls on the trade of conventional arms and vehicles.

"While there is still work to do, I want to thank our servicemen and women who put their lives on the line to keep America safe, and to save the lives of strangers on the other side of the world. At this moment over 44,000 of them are deployed in Europe from the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps. While they flew to the rescue of the innocent in Turkey, thousands of sailors in the Coast Guard ensured that the homeland was kept safe. After our mission is accomplished I look forward to welcoming home our brave warriors to the land of the free.

"May God bless our armed forces, and may God bless the United States of America."

Odinson

Veteran
GA Member

THE ROSE GARDEN
President Al Gore
October 8, 2000

"Good morning, my fellow citizens. I am delivering this special address to inform the American people of events that occurred last night and over the past few years. The federal government now has conclusive evidence which confirms who planned and conducted the attack against the capitol during the State of the Union. This information has been brought to me after a widespread investigation from various federal and state agencies across the country. The information that has been brought to me was unthinkable, but it is true. A conspiracy reaching to some of the highest ranks of our government took place in an attempt to perform a coup d'etat in the United States. Thanks to the efforts of the FBI, the CIA, our armed forces, and dedicated civilians and civil servants in the federal government, these efforts have been thwarted.

"On February 4, 1997 during the State of the Union, a number of explosive devices were planted underneath the House Chamber of the Capitol Building. At approximately 9:15PM, an explosion occurred which killed President Clinton along with every member of Congress, except for then-Senator Benjamin Sinclair, and every member of the Supreme Court, except for then-Justice Clarence Thomas. Army Special Forces picked me up from my family home in Tennessee and brought me to the White House where I was sworn in as President. You know the story from there...

"What you don't know is who was behind it. Dick Cheney, who served as Secretary of Defense under President George H. W. Bush, conspired with Jay Stevens - the Executive Director of the World Trade Forum in New York City - and a number of other business executives to overthrow the federal government and to put in place politicians who would be sympathetic to their cause. Part of the plot on February 4th was to kill me, however the perpetrators failed. On February 4th my father died and I flew to Tennessee to comfort my family. The conspirators went ahead with what they called 'Operation Guillotine' which was an attempt to decapitate the federal government. They sent operates to kill me, and my family, but we were rescued by Army Special forces, led by Army Major Robert Lee.

"Over the past years, the full force of the federal government has been used to track down these conspirators. Yesterday, most of them congregated in New York City for a celebration of what they had accomplished. Waiting for them were over hundred federal agents from the FBI and U.S. Marshals Service. The Department of Justice has apprehended over 150 people involved with the attack on the Capitol. After these arrests were made last night, a last-ditch attempt was made to destroy the federal government. A missile carrying a dirty-bomb was launched from Nebraska. Its trajectory had it aimed at Washington D.C. But, thanks to the bravery and quick response of airmen from the Air Force Missile Defense Command, the missile was shot down and did not detonate.

"Because these arrests have now been made, and there are no outstanding suspects left, I have ordered the Department of Justice to cooperate fully with Congress so that a formal investigation can be made into the attacks on February 4th. The White House and the Office of the Vice President will also fully cooperate in any investigations from the House of Representatives and the Senate. I encourage our legislature to conduct a full investigation into what happened and what caused this attack on our republic, so that we can prevent any such incursions in the future. We will be bringing you more updates today, but I thought it was necessary to inform the American people with all of the information we had as soon as we could. I ask that you pray for our republic, for our nation, and for the continuation of representative government. Thank you, good morning, and may God bless the United States of America."

Last edited: