STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

United States | The White House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
2560px-US-WhiteHouse-Logo.svg.png

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

1024px-Seal_of_the_President_of_the_United_States.svg.png

OVAL OFFICE ADDRESS
President Al Gore
February 5, 1997

5O2owNE.png

"My fellow Americans. Last night, our republic was attacked during one of our most cherished constitutional traditions. In an instant, hundreds of statesmen, leaders, warriors, and patriots died, including President Clinton, from the actions of a faceless coward. One of the most recognizable symbols of our republic was set ablaze. The perpetrators behind this attack obviously meant to totally destroy the Federal Government and to scare the American people into submission - they have failed.

"Last night and early this morning, deputy secretaries of federal departments and agencies met here in the White House so that we could coordinate our recovery, as well as finding those who are responsible and bringing them to justice. Moreover, the response from the American people has been more impressive than I could have imagined. Rescue workers and soldiers worked through the night in the rubble of the House Chamber - survivors from inside the South Wing were recovered, including at least a dozen congressional staffers and four Capitol Police officers. Everyone from the FBI, to NASA, to the Air Force and Army, as well as the D.C. fire and police departments have all helped at the Capitol Building. I have also been told that as of this morning, military recruitment centers from Florida to Alaska are overflowing with tens-of-thousands of young men and women who are ready to step forward and defend their country in its time of need. I have no worry we, the people, will get through this stronger and more determined than ever before.

"In order to restore the House of Representatives, special elections will be coordinated throughout the country in the coming months. It is my goal, however, to see to it that the Senate will be in session by the beginning of March. The Constitution permits state governments to appoint senators when vacancies arise. To help coordinate this plan, I will be talking to all of your governors later today. America's only surviving legislator, Senator Benjamin Sinclair from Maine, will join me in that phone call. Other survivors of last night's attack include Secretary of State Jackson Fitzgerald and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. It is with the help of these three men, and the hard working patriots in the federal departments and agencies, that we have been able to make so much progress in such a short amount of time.

"To our allies and friends around the world, I have this to say. The United States government is intact and in working order, and we are open for business. I appreciate the leaders and diplomats from our friends in Spain, Portugal, Canada, Poland, and Ireland who took the time to call and give their condolences. After speaking with the Secretary of State, I am sure that we have an international network of friends who will help us track down the guilty.

"We will bring those responsible to justice, we will restore the American congress, and we will rebuild the Capitol Building just as it was before... Keep strong, keep your faith, and remember to vote in the elections soon to come. May God bless our fallen friends, and may God bless the United States of America."

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

DETROIT FOUNDATION HOTEL
DETRIOT, MICHIGAN
President Al Gore
July 1997

0651cec40413830e15eeedb6a93d4c87dc-al-gore.rsquare.w1200.jpg

"My fellow citizens, I spent most of today in the lesser-visited parts of Detroit. I went to Brightmoor, Ravendale, Goldberg, Westwood Park, and Burbank. What I saw today was... an American travesty. There were crumbling cathedrals, hundreds of burnt homes, and thousands more that were empty. I met people that lived without electricity and others that said they didn't trust the city's water. I ate dinner with a man who use to cook in a kitchen, and now he lives in his car. The situation is dire here, much more dire than Mayor Matthews was leading me to believe yesterday.

"Entire neighborhoods have been abandoned, some of which have burned down from arson because the fire department is spread thin, and the police department is underfunded and understaffed. The condition this city is in is unacceptable. Part of it is due to changes in the economy over the decades. But some of it, a strong portion of it, is due to corruption. This evening I've spoken with the Attorney General and the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan - thirty-seven charges of embezzlement have been filed against the Mayor alone, and three other members of the city council have been arrested on similar charges. I have also spoken with the Governor of Michigan, John Engler. The State will be assisting the Justice Department in conducting a thorough investigation into Detroit and Wayne County's finances. The State of Michigan will be using its emergency powers to run city services for the next month until a new election can be held for Mayor and members of the city council... I would like to thank the City Council President, Jacob Cane, for leading the crusade to unveil this corruption.

"It's now time to move forward. Minutes ago, I informed Speaker Bush and Senator Sinclair that I will be calling the House and Senate into emergency session. The Federal government must act immediately to help the people of Detroit. I have been told there's similar issues in other cities across America from New York to New Orleans. Conditions like I have seen today are not acceptable in a first-world country, and the world's greatest superpower. To the people of Detroit I have this to say... the system has failed you - we have failed you. There are no words I can say to fix what I saw tonight, what needs to happen now, is action... Any questions?"

Q: "Samantha Anderson, WXYZ Channel 7; Mister President, it was recently announced that Sparrow Industries would not be building a major manufacturing center here in Detroit. That project was expected to bring thousands of jobs to the city. Is there anything that can be done?"
A: "Sparrow Industries will come to find that not coming to Detroit was the biggest mistake they made this decade - Detroit has a bright future ahead of it, this city is an arsenal of democracy, and will be a manufacturing mecca again."

Q: "Mister President, how is the federal government going to help the city?"
A: "We have to take down these abandoned buildings that can't be salvaged, we have to bring jobs back to the city, and we have to help folks here get off drugs. We can, and will, help the city and state accomplish those goals."​

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE PRESS BRIEFING ROOM
President Al Gore
August 1997

yqkMLj4.png

President Gore surprised the White House Press Corps this morning when he was introduced by Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers and took his place behind the podium. The President made no statement, and instead said, "I'll take your questions." Questions were asked on several different topics, but most of the twenty minute briefing covered the ongoing civil unrest in Canada. The Washington Post was given the first question, to which he appeared to already have an answer prepared.
-Courtesy of The Washington Post

Q: "Mr. President, what is your stance on the ongoing protests in Canada? Is America going to intervene?"
-Rick Williams, The Washington Post

A: "The situation in Canada is very serious. The federal government is watching the situation closely. The United States fully supports the Canadian people's right to self-determination, it seems pretty obvious to me that the Canadian people want a 'snap election.'"
-President Gore

Q: "My second question, Mr. President. Will the United States intervene?"
-Rick Williams, The Washington Post

A: "As it stands, Canada is still a parliamentary democracy and is of course a sovereign nation. The Canadian people have a right to self-determination and it's not America's job to intervene in their domestic politics. Canada has faced political difficulties before - in 1896, and in 1925 with the 'King-Byng Affair'. What happened? Canadian institutions properly functioned, and things went on."

Q: "Mr. President, if the so-called 'Strasserists' asked for help, would the United States then intervene?"
-Mary Holmes, The New York Times

A: "If the present government called a snap election, and asked for the United States to send observers to help boost confidence in the legitimacy of the election, we would of course be more than happy to help, but that is up to them. We would be willing to assist in a snap election in any way possible - that's what a good, democratic neighbor would do."​

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE PRESS BRIEFING ROOM
President Al Gore
April 20, 1999

y9uYQdo.png

"Good afternoon, please take your seats.

"Mary and I are deeply saddened by this tragedy that took place this morning... Two students at Columbine Highschool in Littleton, Colorado undertook a mass shooting against their classmates and teachers before turning their guns on themselves. I've been told that they targeted student athletes, Christians, and minorities. Over a dozen are confirmed dead and at least two dozen more have been seriously wounded. I've spoken with Governor Owens, the Director of the FBI, and the Principle of Columbine High...

"Events like this call the sanity of our society into question. The utter madness, and evil, it must take to do something like this is not comprehendible. We may ask ourselves, momentarily, if there is any good left in the world? I've asked myself this question all afternoon. It wasn't until I spoke to local leaders that I found the answer to that question. A teacher, Dave Sanders, drug injured students to safety and kept others away from danger. He died protecting his students. I was also told of two janitors, and other staff, who put themselves in the line of fire to get students to safety and to distract the gunmen. Some of the students helped hide their fellow classmates or lead them to safety, and I was told that some even used their own bodies as shields for others. Seventeen year-old Rachel Scott was among the first victims... She was shot several times and in her final moments was asked if she believed in God... Staring down the barrel of a gun she defiantly answered, 'You know I do'.... There's countless more stories like this - the amount of good embodied by the students and teachers in Columbine must be like a blinding beacon of light to the few corners of darkness there. Saint Peter's Gates are wide open today - the brave, the faithful, and the innocent are walking in together, bringing even more light to the high reaches of heaven.

"I've instructed the Director of the FBI and the Secretary of Education to begin an immediate investigation into why this happened and what we can do in the future to prevent tragedies like this. While we take time to learn more and to mourn the devastating loss of innocent life, I ask that you remember the distinct heroism of so many young people, teachers, and staff at Columbine. We will follow their example and do everything we can to preserve life and prevent such tragedies in the future. Please join me in a moment of silence.............................. May God bless the victims and their families, and may God bless the United States of America."​

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

1024px-Seal-of-the-President-of-the-United-States-svg.png

THE PRESS BRIEFING ROOM
President Al Gore
May 3, 1999

1xhgJv0.png

"Good morning. Today, the United States Congress has passed House Joint Resolution 105-11, which is an authorization for the use of military force in the Mediterranean Area. What this means is that Congress has authorized me to, in my capacity as Commander-in-Chief, deploy United States armed forces to Europe and the Middle East. As we speak, a United States fleet is arriving in the region which has a very important mission: enforce peace. I have spoken with the United States Ambassador to the Global Assembly, representatives from the State Department, as well as some of our allies and friends in Europe. A number of recent events have led to instability in the Eastern Mediterranean region. These events are not be the fault of any one state, but instead a perfect geopolitical storm so to speak. That is why I am asking our friends in Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and other states in the area to halt and asses what has happened and what can happen if things devolve further. Next, I am asking the governments of those countries to join the United States in calling for a cessation of hostilities and a general cease fire. So far as I can tell, and the State Department has been able to determine, few attempts have been made in the diplomatic sphere to cool things down. This is unacceptable, especially as we approach the end of the 20th century which has seen so much unnecessary blood shed because leaders could not sit down at a table and talk out their differences instead of sending young men to die in their place.

"Effective immediately, the United States is declaring a no-fly and no-sail zone for the next 96 hours in all of the international waters of the Mediterranean Sea east of 33 degrees East and south of 34 degrees North as indicated by this map beside me. The United States Navy will intercept all foreign military aircraft and military vessels that enter this airspace and waters for the preservation of peace in the region. To be clear this does not extend to the territorial waters of any nation. As of now, the Navy has already begun armed patrols of the area. I have ordered this measure because it has become apparent that a full scale conflict would break out otherwise. To help facilitate peace talks, I ask that the Global Assembly begin the process of organizing a peace-keeping task force so that there is an international presence in the area. To be clear, we are not taking any side except that of preventing war.

"In the meantime, the United States will be inviting representatives from Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey to conduct peace talks. It is my hope that the leaders of these nations, some of whom I know have wisdom beyond my own years, will agree that war is not the answer. The State Department will be making further announcements about the situation in the Mediterranean. Thank you."

jV2SKwN.png

Map of no-fly and no-sail zone (not including territorial waters of nations).​

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE ROSE GARDEN
President Al Gore
May 1, 2000

OIXeKeM.png

"Good afternoon. Today I will be giving an update on the war in Turkey. Days ago, a former President and Prime Minister of Turkey, Mesut Yilmaz, delivered a speech where he announced that President Devlet Bahçeli was found and arrested. He stated that President Bahçeli would be turned over to the international community for the prosecution of war crimes, and he ordered all remaining Turkish military forces to stand down and cease all hostilities. Today I can confirm that all of this is true. As of a few days ago all fighting in the Mediterranean and Turkey has ceased. Turkish soldiers, sailors, and airmen throughout the country have been seen surrendering to American and allied forces.

"Early on in this war, the 'United Coalition,' an international coalition of nations, was formed. Its mission was to oppose the outrageous atrocities being committed by Turkish civil and military authorities and to prevent any more from being orchestrated. Also, significant efforts were being made to prevent a Turkish invasion of Israel. Later, the coalition also saw itself opposing Saudi Arabia which declared war against the United States and a number of other allied nations. I can say with absolute certainty that the efforts of the armed forces of the United States, the United Kingdom, the Russian Empire, the Kingdom of Sweden, and Israel were instrumental in winning the war against Turkey. We also have our friends in Australia to thank for their significant efforts in fighting Saudi Arabia and seeing to its capitulations as well. Although not part of the United Coalition, Congolese forces were deployed to the other side of the world and played an important role in the war as well.

"In the coming days we expect to secure the formal surrender of Turkey. As of now, however, the United States still has a significant presence in Europe. We will be coordinating with our allies and partners to bring humanitarian aid to civilians in the war torn regions of Turkey. We will also see to the arrest of war criminals, the documentation of war crimes, and the reestablishment of law and order in Ankara. Once that is accomplished, we will oversee democratic elections in Turkey and the restoration of the Turkish government. After that our mission will be complete and our soldiers will return home.

"This war has highlighted frightening problems that we now face in the twenty-first century. Some of them will be difficult to address, but there are others that we can start working on immediately. For example, the Turkish military was armed with weapons and vehicles from around the world - many of which had their origin in the very nations they were fighting against. Turkey also had access to intercontinental ballistic missiles, some of which were fired at both civilian and military targets in the Congo. We have reason to believe that these ICBMs could have reached the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, and Sweden as well. These weapons could have been used to carry biological, chemical, or even nuclear weapons. The fact that a genocidal state was able to procure such weapons and conduct such an incredible military build-up in so short a time speaks volumes to why we need international arms-control of certain kinds of weaponry. Nations that do not have an established record of stability and sanity should not be able to acquire an arsenal like the one that Turkey was able to build up.

"Furthermore, it is the position of the United States that the international community must see to the non-proliferation of strategic weapons. While the world would be better off if no nation had this kind of weaponry, the least that the international community can do is to ensure that the number of nations with these weapons does not grow. To accomplish this I have directed the American ambassador to the Global Assembly to draft a resolution banning the export of strategic weapons and weapons of mass destruction. This resolution will also include greater controls on the trade of conventional arms and vehicles.

"While there is still work to do, I want to thank our servicemen and women who put their lives on the line to keep America safe, and to save the lives of strangers on the other side of the world. At this moment over 44,000 of them are deployed in Europe from the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps. While they flew to the rescue of the innocent in Turkey, thousands of sailors in the Coast Guard ensured that the homeland was kept safe. After our mission is accomplished I look forward to welcoming home our brave warriors to the land of the free.

"May God bless our armed forces, and may God bless the United States of America."

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE ROSE GARDEN
President Al Gore
October 8, 2000

3JFceVT.png

"Good morning, my fellow citizens. I am delivering this special address to inform the American people of events that occurred last night and over the past few years. The federal government now has conclusive evidence which confirms who planned and conducted the attack against the capitol during the State of the Union. This information has been brought to me after a widespread investigation from various federal and state agencies across the country. The information that has been brought to me was unthinkable, but it is true. A conspiracy reaching to some of the highest ranks of our government took place in an attempt to perform a coup d'etat in the United States. Thanks to the efforts of the FBI, the CIA, our armed forces, and dedicated civilians and civil servants in the federal government, these efforts have been thwarted.

"On February 4, 1997 during the State of the Union, a number of explosive devices were planted underneath the House Chamber of the Capitol Building. At approximately 9:15PM, an explosion occurred which killed President Clinton along with every member of Congress, except for then-Senator Benjamin Sinclair, and every member of the Supreme Court, except for then-Justice Clarence Thomas. Army Special Forces picked me up from my family home in Tennessee and brought me to the White House where I was sworn in as President. You know the story from there...

"What you don't know is who was behind it. Dick Cheney, who served as Secretary of Defense under President George H. W. Bush, conspired with Jay Stevens - the Executive Director of the World Trade Forum in New York City - and a number of other business executives to overthrow the federal government and to put in place politicians who would be sympathetic to their cause. Part of the plot on February 4th was to kill me, however the perpetrators failed. On February 4th my father died and I flew to Tennessee to comfort my family. The conspirators went ahead with what they called 'Operation Guillotine' which was an attempt to decapitate the federal government. They sent operates to kill me, and my family, but we were rescued by Army Special forces, led by Army Major Robert Lee.

"Over the past years, the full force of the federal government has been used to track down these conspirators. Yesterday, most of them congregated in New York City for a celebration of what they had accomplished. Waiting for them were over hundred federal agents from the FBI and U.S. Marshals Service. The Department of Justice has apprehended over 150 people involved with the attack on the Capitol. After these arrests were made last night, a last-ditch attempt was made to destroy the federal government. A missile carrying a dirty-bomb was launched from Nebraska. Its trajectory had it aimed at Washington D.C. But, thanks to the bravery and quick response of airmen from the Air Force Missile Defense Command, the missile was shot down and did not detonate.

"Because these arrests have now been made, and there are no outstanding suspects left, I have ordered the Department of Justice to cooperate fully with Congress so that a formal investigation can be made into the attacks on February 4th. The White House and the Office of the Vice President will also fully cooperate in any investigations from the House of Representatives and the Senate. I encourage our legislature to conduct a full investigation into what happened and what caused this attack on our republic, so that we can prevent any such incursions in the future. We will be bringing you more updates today, but I thought it was necessary to inform the American people with all of the information we had as soon as we could. I ask that you pray for our republic, for our nation, and for the continuation of representative government. Thank you, good morning, and may God bless the United States of America."

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

GORE FAMILY RESIDENCE
President Al Gore
November 8, 2000

ss_071012_gore_2000.jpg

"Thank you, thank you very much... I have never had more hope for America than I do right now.

"We have overcome one of the most tragic events in our country's history, we are rebuilding the core of our most cherished cities, we have gotten through a war together... A few minutes ago I received a call from Speaker Bush who congratulated me on our election victory tonight. Speaker Bush has dedicated years of his life to this country, and I look forward to working together with him to bring much-needed improvements and reforms to our country. The United States has a bright future ahead of it - our best days are still yet to come. We are going to improve our country, we are going to have cleaner air and water, we are going to bring back more manufacturing jobs to our country, we are going to rebuild our infrastructure, and we are going to be safe. We are going to protect the environment and we are going to bolster our economy.

"We are ready to face whatever challenges that may be presented to us and whatever endeavors we will have to undertake, just as we have been in the past... Whether it is working the fields as a farmer, starting a new business as an entrepreneur, or raising the next generation as a mother or father, remember that similar tasks have been undertaken by our forefathers and that they are rooting for you from heaven, and that our country has a rendezvous with destiny. You will help lead our country into this next American century, and I am humbled to be the one elected to guide you on that path as your President... May God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE PRESS BRIEFING ROOM
President Al Gore
March 5, 2001

HuMEq0W.png

"Good afternoon. Today I met with the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of Energy, officials from the State Department, and the National Security Council to discuss what measures the Federal Government can take to help American citizens in Europe who are trying to return home. The government has been in constant communication with our friends in Great Britain and Sweden who have been immensely helpful by issuing emergency visas to Americans who are fleeing France. To put the situation into perspective for you, the State Department informed me that there were over 150,000 Americans in France two weeks ago. In the past week alone, an estimated 45,000 Americans have left France, and we suspect another 45,000 will leave by the end of next week. I want to thank the British, Swedes, and the Dutch for their openness and the hospitality that they are showing to our citizens. The British especially have helped evacuate Americans from France alongside their own citizens and have taken on the headache of being a global rendezvous point.

"A few days ago, Paris was in an effective state of anarchy. As of now, it appears that the French police and military have returned law and order to the city, but large swaths of France are still troubled. These riots and protests around France were ignited, in part, by strikes that have affected France's energy sector and its supply chains. To help decrease the cost of fuel in the North American and European markets, including France, I issued an executive order to the Department of Energy to sell twenty-million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. The Department of Energy estimates that this could bring the price of gasoline down as much as twenty-five cents per gallon for the next two weeks. The purpose in doing this was to make fuel more affordable and accessible for the French and any other part of Europe that may be stressed due to the French strikes.

"Furthermore, I am announcing that the Navy has deployed two task forces to Europe. The purpose of these task forces would be humanitarian and to airlift Americans directly from France, although I do not think that this will be necessary. Nevertheless, the United States is fully prepared to take whatever action is necessary to bring back any American that desires to come home. As of now we are waiting for further updates from France. In the meantime, the Federal Government is prepared to offer whatever assistance is necessary to the French and our allies in Europe. The State Department will make further announcements regarding travel recommendations and the ongoing situation. Thank you."

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

WOENSDRECHT AIR BASE, THE NETHERLANDS
President Al Gore
March 6, 2001

"Thank you, Ambassador Kennedy... Folks, I want you all to know that we've mobilized the Navy and the United States Marines to bring you all home. I want to alleviate any fears right now - every American here, and out there will come home to the United States. You can stay together with your family, your spouse, your friends, whomever you're with. We will get you home soon, and we will get you out of here even sooner. We're going to take as many of you possible to the Navy's fleet off the Dutch coast. The rest of you will be flown out of The Netherlands, at the expense of the federal government... so when you get home, make sure that you thank your friends and family for paying their taxes.

"We have brought in folks from the Social Security Administration and government workers from all fifty states to help identify identities. Even if we can't verify your citizenship here, we'll do it back in the United States. All I ask in return is that you cooperate with the Marines and sailors, and that you be humble guests to our friends from The Netherlands... To my right is the Dutch Prime Minister, De Hoop Scheffer. I spoke with him yesterday and asked if we could send in American military assets to The Netherlands, and if I could come here today. He has accepted every request we made, he promised me he would keep the border open and take in every American that wanted refuge, and the Dutch people are mobilizing around this country to render aid to you, their fellow man.

"I am struck by the humanity and the humility that I have seen here today. I heard stories of people walking fifty, one-hundred, or even almost two-hundred miles to get here. I've seen families reunited and I've seen some of you giving the jackets and shirts off your back to those around you... I walked in to this place seeing Marines that haven't slept in two days hauling hundreds of pounds of supplies for their countrymen. Everyone is doing their duty today.

"There's a poem, at the base of the Statue of Liberty... If you're willing to indulge me for another minute, I would like to read it to you all. I think it should remind everyone where we are from, what we stand for, and how our Dutch friends have embraced the very ideals we hold close to our hearts," he said, and then removed a folded piece of paper from an interior pocket of his bomber jacket.

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With Conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A might woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
'Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!' cries she
With silent lips. 'Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!'"

We're going to get all of you home... so help me God, we're getting all of you home... God bless all of you."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE WHITE HOUSE
President Al Gore
June 16, 2001

GettyImages-547083310.jpg

"I join people across the Earth in mourning the passing of Pope John Paul II. The Catholic Church has lost its shepherd, the world has lost a champion of human freedom, and a good and faithful servant of God has been called home.

"Pope John Paul II left the throne of St. Peter in the same way he ascended to it - as a witness to the dignity of human life. In his native Poland, that witness launched a democratic revolution that swept Eastern Europe and changed the course of history. Throughout the West, John Paul's witness reminded us of our obligation to build a culture of life in which the strong protect the weak. And during the Pope's final years, his witness was made even more powerful by his daily courage in the face of illness and great suffering.

"All Popes belong to the world, but Americans had special reason to love the man from Krakow. In his visits to our country, the Pope spoke of our "providential" Constitution, the self-evident truths about human dignity in our Declaration, and the "blessings of liberty" that follow from them. It is these truths, he said, that have led people all over the world to look to America with hope and respect.

"Pope John Paul II was, himself, an inspiration to millions of Americans, and to so many more throughout the world. We will always remember the humble, wise and fearless priest who became one of history's great moral leaders. We're grateful to God for sending such a man, a son of Poland, who became the Bishop of Rome, and a hero for the ages."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE PENTAGON
President Al Gore
November 13, 2001

640px-Defense.gov_News_Photo_971110-D-2987S-052.jpg

"Good afternoon. I am speaking to you today to report on the situation of the American Embassy in the Republic of The Congo. United States intelligence has confirmed to me, with 100-percent certainty, that a massive artillery strike from the armed forces of the Imperial State of The Congo destroyed our embassy in the capitol of the Republic of The Congo, Brazzaville. This was not a direct attack on the United States, but was instead a larger attack on civilian infrastructure in Brazzaville. Our embassy was only staffed with a skeleton crew, which did not include an ambassador or most key diplomatic staff. What I can confirm is that there are Americans in Brazzaville who are stranded in the war-torn city with nowhere to go. That is why I ordered the deployment of a Navy Task Force to the eastern coast of Africa to deal with this situation. The task force includes elements from the Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.

"The task force currently has one mission: the evacuation of any living American citizen in Brazzaville. In order to do this, the Navy will be enforcing a 'Naval and Air Exclusion Zone' around the task force for 150 miles in any direction, as well as a temporary 'No-Fly Zone' of parts of the Republic of The Congo, including Brazzaville. The Naval and Air Exclusion Zone around the American fleet will be enforced by the Navy, with force, if necessary. The No-Fly Zone will be in effect for 72 hours, and will allow United States Marines to evacuate Americans who are stranded, on the ground, in Brazzaville," he said as he gestured to a map of the effected regions.

"The No-Fly Zone will be enforced by armed patrol flights of the Navy and Marine Corps. The State Department has made it clear to both Congolese governments that the United States will evacuate its citizens from Brazzaville, and that our armed forces will use force if necessary to keep our citizens and servicemen safe. Any non-American military aircraft that invades the No-Fly Zone will be shot down. Any aircraft that shoots into the No-Fly Zone will either be destroyed, or its base of origin will be destroyed. We are also declaring a total ceasefire in the city of Brazzaville until the end of the No-Fly Zone.

"The No-Fly Zone will take effect in twenty-four hours, starting at noon tomorrow at the local time in Brazzaville. For these 72 hours, the Federal Government will urge both sides to enter negotiations in order to avoid more unnecessary bloodshed. The White House and the Pentagon will continue to deliver daily updates to the American people. Thank you very much," the President said.

wh2tTt1.png

Kelly the Mad ManBear

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

OVAL OFFICE ADDRESS
President Al Gore
April 25, 2002

5O2owNE.png

"My fellow Americans, last week the Foreign Minister of the Kingdom of Spain contacted our Secretary of State, Jackson Fitzgerald, and insisted that the United States cede Puerto Rico to the Spanish government. Secretary Fitzgerald refused this requested and clearly laid out why such a measure would never be considered. The Spanish Foreign Minister again messaged Secretary Fitzgerald, and maintained the same rhetoric. In response, I summoned the Spanish ambassador to the White House. Inside the Oval Office, she berated Secretary Fitzgerald and I, and again demanded that Puerto Rico be ceded to Spain. In response, I expelled her from the United States.

"I have spoken with Puerto Rican Governor Sila Calderón and informed her of the seriousness of this situation. Puerto Rico is an integral territory of the United States, and the nearly 4-million people who live there are American citizens. I want to make it unequivocally clear that there are no circumstances in which the United States would cede Puerto Rico, or any other part of the United States, to any country - so help me, God. The Federal Government's commitment to Puerto Rico is as strong as the commitment of protection and unity we hold for Tennesse, Maine, Florida, Texas, California, Guam, Alaska, and the rest of the country. I have met with leadership of the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security - in the coming weeks and months, American defenses and military activity in Puerto Rico and the Carribean will be increased, and the United States Navy will continue its global patrols to ensure that the American People are safe at home. While I was originally scheduled to travel to Puerto Rico as part of the American Restoration project, I will also be there to reaffirm to the world that America is committed to every part of our country, including Puerto Rico.

"Before this diplomatic incident, our government was making strides to work with the Spanish government politically and militarily. We had high hopes that we could rekindle the spirit of mutual support and recognition that had served our countries for decades. In many ways, we were becoming closer than ever. But then, out of nowhere, that progress grinded to a halt with this incident. Demands for territorial concessions to the United States are unacceptable, and will not be tolerated. In past times this kind of rhetoric alone would be considered an act of war... Tonight, the United States of America makes the following demands: the Spanish government will publicly retract its order that we surrender Puerto Rico, and it will declare that it recognizes Puerto Rico as the sovereign territory of the United States - it has seven days to do so. These demands are not open to negotiation or discussion. Should the Spanish government continue to order that we turn over American territory, and American citizens, there will be serious repercussions for Spain.

"In the coming days I will be meeting with my Cabinet, the Secretary of State, the National Security Council, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff to explore all available political, economic, and military options we have to address this foreign threat. The American People will remain informed throughout this process and they can rest assured that the full might of the Federal Government is at work to protect their interests and guarantee their security. May God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE EAST ROOM
President Al Gore
July 1, 2002

home-design.jpg

"Good evening. At the end of April I gave a speech to you, the American People, in which I informed you about Spanish claims on Puerto Rico. Thanks, in no small part, to Secretary of State Jackson Fitzgerald and the Department of State, our countries were able to come to a mutual understanding. The Spanish Prime Minister resigned and the Spanish government backtracked on its demands that Puerto Rico be ceded to Spain, or that any territorial concessions be made by the United States.

"However, shortly after we came to this understanding, the Thai Navy made a bizarre announcement in which they declared that a fleet of destroyers would be deployed to the North Atlantic Ocean, between the United States and Spain, in order to enforce some kind of peace between our countries. This deployment by Thailand was unacceptable for a number of reasons. First, no country from Southeast Asia or anywhere else in the world has the right to interfere in Transatlantic affairs. Secondly, no other country has the right to interfere like that in American affairs. And third, it was quite clear to my government and to a number of other governments in Europe that this deployment was an aggressive attempt at power projection into the Atlantic, and a direct threat to the United States.

"In response, I ordered the United States Navy to stop the advancement of any Thai military vessel at the equator. The Department of Defense was concerned that a massive Navy deployment into the Atlantic Ocean would be interpreted as a threat against Spain. So, out of an abundance of caution and good will, I called the King of Spain to express to him directly that the Navy was deploying to the equator to stop any Thai incursion into our ocean. In full credit to His Majesty the King, he and his armed forces fully supported my decision to send the Navy to stop any kind of Thai incursion into the North Atlantic. Thanks to further last-minute diplomatic negotiations, the Thai Navy did not attempt to enter the Atlantic. I can report that as of today, most of our forces involved in these operations have returned home to the United States.

"Concerning international events, even those that do not directly involve the United States, will always be on the horizon for our country. Even today, after these triumphs at our own doorstep, we are watching the situation in New Caledonia, an ocean away, very closely. Our armed forces have repeatedly proven themselves to be capable of responding to any threats or preventing our enemies from having the high ground, and they will continue to do so. Finally, I want to thank our allies in the United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Sweden, both of which have given their full support in both of these incidents. While we live in a post-Cold War world where it can be difficult to even trust those who we considered friends in the past, I know that we can put our full faith in Great Britain and Sweden.

"In just a few days our country will celebrate its Independence Day. While we have so much to be thankful for, we should also remember the sacrifices made by the generations before us and how their struggles brought us to where we are today. We are, without doubt, standing on the shoulders of giants - our job is to not fall off and to hopefully climb higher towards the heavens... May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America."

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

2048px-Seal_of_the_Vice_President_of_the_United_States.svg.png

THE EAST ROOM
Vice President Benjamin V. Sinclair
November 2, 2002

2263116_orig.jpg

"This afternoon President Gore had just finished delivering a lecture at Georgetown University and was going to come home here, to the White House. Before he entered his motorcade he greeted and shook the hands of bystanders. One of those bystanders pulled out a revolver and shot the President twice in the back. A Secret Service agent dove in front of the President and took two more gunshots that were meant for him... The agent is a hero, but unfortunately died on the scene. President Gore was then taken to George Washington University Hospital and, as of now, he is undergoing surgery. I do not have any for-sure details about the specifics of the surgery or the President's current condition, but I can report that the President was given a clean bill of health two weeks ago and, according to his doctor, 'he has the heart of a bull.'

"The shooter was not caught, but he was shot once in the shoulder. His description is a white male, about five-foot ten-inches tall, slim build, with blue eyes and a shaved bald head. He is considered armed and dangerous. The Secret Service will be releasing pictures of the gunman after this press briefing for distribution.

"Because President Gore is currently incapacitated, and because we have a serious crisis unfolding in the District of Columbia, the Cabinet and I used the powers given to us in Section Four of the Twenty-Fifth Amendment to the Constitution to temporarily make me Acting President. About fifteen minutes ago I was administered the Oath of Office. For those of you who do not know, the Twenty-Fifth Amendment allows the Vice President to assume all of the powers of the presidency when a majority of the Cabinet, plus the Vice President himself, agrees. I must stress that this is temporary, and when President Gore is awake and recovered from his surgery, he has the power to return to office.

"While ensuring the recovery and safety of the President is already a significant and important task, there are other matters that I must discuss with you today. Right now, in Washington, over ten-thousand demonstrators are at the National Mall, the White House, and the Capitol Building. Five D.C. Metro police officers have been seriously injured and taken to the hospital, and one has passed away. A pipe bomb was found outside of the Democratic National Committee Headquarters, and fireworks are being used against police in Lafayette Park. I have also been told that barricades at Union Square were knocked down and police were trampled over - those same protestors have advanced close to the United States Capitol Building.

"As Commander-in-Chief, I made the decision to activate units of the District of Columbia Army National Guard that were already undergoing a readiness exercise. I have spoken directly with the Secretary of Defense, the Attorney General, and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The mobs that are overrunning police barricades, fighting each other in the streets, and vandalizing public and private property must be stopped. I have also spoken with the Mayor of Washington who told me directly that D.C. Metro Police are overwhelmed and cannot effectively maintain law and order.

"Minutes ago, I signed a Presidential Proclamation which orders all rioters and demonstrators in Washington to get off the streets and return home by 5:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time this afternoon. If these riots continue, I will be forced to invoke the Insurrection Act and bring in the armed forces to restore order in the District of Columbia... I understand that tensions are high right now because of the Patriot Act which is currently under debate in Congress. However, while petitioning the government and peaceful assembly are sacrosanct American principles, rioting and violence are not. Order will be restored in Washington tonight, the gunman who shot President Gore will be caught, and I will keep the American People updated on the condition of President Gore. Thank you."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

2048px-Seal_of_the_Vice_President_of_the_United_States.svg.png

THE EAST ROOM
Vice President Benjamin V. Sinclair
November 2, 2002

gettyimages-1137862665___28094838283.jpg

"My fellow Americans, today was a difficult day for our Republic. This afternoon, President Gore was shot by a gunman in Georgetown. As of this evening, the gunman and three of his associates were arrested in Virginia. While this should have been a time for national prayer, a handful of men conspired to introduce chaos to our country. Tens-of-thousands of American from across the country were organized into different protests here in Washington. While there were two predominant groups of protestors, other groups were also assembled and directed to protest in certain places by organizers. These protests were organized, by design, to turn into riots where they would be fighting each other. The focus of these protests, and riots, was over the Patriot Act which was considered by the United States Senate tonight.

"The men who made sure our nation's capital was doused into chaos, also wanted the Patriot Act to pass, along with several other bills that would limit the liberties and freedoms of Americans and increase the capability of the government, and American intelligence agencies, to invade the privacy of every American. These kinds of tactics are unacceptable, and are exactly what led to the first attack on the Capitol years ago... So help me God, we will bring all of these men to justice, and action will be taken to stop something like this from happening again. This is the United States of America, not a third-world junta.

"But right now, after the dust has settled on this difficult evening, I do not want to focus on politics or matters of law. I can report to the American People, and the world, that doctors completed surgery on President Gore. The President is currently resting, but he is expected to make a full recovery. I stand by what I said before - the invocation of the 25th Amendment was a temporary measure. As soon as the President is willing to reassume the powers and authority of his office, the Cabinet and I will unanimously accept his return. Right now, I cannot give an exact time of when he will be back in office, but the White House will release that information to the public as soon as we have it. I ask the nation to pray for President Gore and the First Family.

"In the meantime, I will give an update on the situation in Washington. I have brought in the United States armed forces to restore order. The respective National Guards of the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Maryland are playing a critical part in emptying the streets of Washington. Units from the Army's 82nd Airborne and the United States Marine Corps have also arrived. Active duty military will remain on active patrol in Washington until 10:00 AM tomorrow morning. After that, the National Guard will maintain a presence in the city for the next forty-eight hours. I have spoken with the Mayor of the District of Columbia, as well as with multiple police agencies in the District - a daily curfew will remain at 6:30 PM for the next three days.

"I want to thank the Capitol Police, the National Guard, the Army, the Marine Corps, the Secret Service, and the FBI for acting professionally and quickly to defend the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic. Thank you, and may God bless the United States of America."

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE OVAL OFFICE
President Al Gore
June 3, 2003

"Good evening. The American People, and the world, have watched with horror as there has been gunfire and explosions erupting from the heart of Christendom in Rome. Of the world's 1.2-billion Roman Catholics, 71-million of them live in the United States. While I am not Catholic myself, I can tell you that the First Family is praying for the Catholic Church and for the people in Rome, and Vatican City, who have been affected. While the temperance of the modern day may have made us comfortable, we should remember that Rome has been under siege many times, and the Catholic Church has weathered countless wars, and two world wars, and countless struggles in its ancient history.

"I am speaking to you tonight to tell the Catholics of America, and the world, that the United States is not sitting idly by as this crisis unfolds. The State Department has been in contact with representatives from the Holy See and the Kingdom of Italy. The Italian government has made it clear to us that, in no uncertain terms, they do not want the interference of any outside country in what is happening in Rome and the Vatican. To that end, the Italian government has asked that the United States help protect Italy's sovereign airspace and waters until this crisis is over. By my order, the United States Navy and Marine Corps are on that mission as I speak.

"I want to make it positively clear that if the armed forces of any nation attempts to intervene in Rome or the Vatican as this crisis unfolds, they will face the full wrath and power of the United States in the Mediterranean, and at home. Let me say that again - if any nation, be it one in the Mediterranean or one from the other side of the world, attempt to intervene in Italy, the United States armed forces will respond to with armed force to repel said intervention.

"As this situation unfolds, I will continue to keep the American People informed of the situation. Rest assured, the Federal Government will do everything in its power to help the Italian Government and the Holy See contain this situation and return order to Rome and to the Vatican. Thank you, and good night."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE OVAL OFFICE
President Al Gore
August 8, 2003

"Good evening, my fellow Americans. Today we have watched in horror as explosions have broken the heart of the Canadian government and gunmen have needlessly taken the lives of so many people in Ottawa. I will not mince words, it is unequivocally clear that a coup de etat has been attempted in Canada. I have spoken over the phone with the governors of Alaska, Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Michigan, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine - I have assured all of them that the Army and the other branches of our military stand prepared to fully defended the border of the United States and to ensure the safety of the American People. To that end, effective immediately, the United States-Canadian border is closed, but we will still allow American citizens with valid American passports to enter the United States. I have also ordered the Federal Aviation Administration to ground all flights to and from Canada. These measures are being taken to contain what is going on in Canada, stays in Canada, and to ensure that Canadian dissidents cannot try to hide in the United States.

"I have reached out to the King and I have communicated directly with the Acting Prime Minister of Canada. I told her that she has the full and unwavering support of the United States Federal Government and the American armed forces. We are absolutely committed to ensuring that the democratically-elected and sovereign government of Canada remains in power. This is a continually changing situation which involves many moving parts, but I have every confidence that Canada will overcome these grave challenges and that we will be there to help the Canadian government and the Canadian People every step of the way.

"To the rest of the world, I have this to say: do not attempt to take advantage of this situation. This is a North American conflict, and it will remain that way. The United Stats Navy and Air Force will ensure that no outside intervention occurs. Any country that directly or indirectly attempts to interfere will see a decisive armed response from the United States. We will protect our old friend to the north just as we will protect ourselves.

"The White House and the Pentagon will continue to keep the American People informed on this developing situation. God speed American and Canadian troops, and may the Lord watch over Canada in its hour of need."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

THE OVAL OFFICE
President Al Gore
August 15, 2003

"Good afternoon. In 1997 the United States was a target of a coordinated, cowardly attack that meant to decapitate the Federal Government of the United States. Hundreds of statesmen, warriors, and innocent Americans were murdered in an instant that our country will never forget. It was not until later that we learned that it was an attempt at a coup de etat by enemies within our own country who only had their best interests at heart... However, I know that during that period where we were unsure of who attacked us, where we were unsure of who was responsible for murdering our President and attacking our very way of life, we were open to using the most powerful weapons in our arsenal against an enemy to ensure that our countrymen had not died in vain. I feel that right now, at this very moment, Canada is in that period of uncertainty. The Canadian government, the United States government, and the governments of the world may not have all of the facts. I urge everyone, domestically and abroad, to take a moment of pause and consider where we are at.

"As of yesterday, the Kingdom of Canada has formally declared that a state of war exists between it and the Kingdom of France. I can report that Canada is currently engaging in military operations in the Western Hemisphere against France, as I speak. The update that I have to bring to you, the American People, is that the Federal Government will be investigating the origins of this conflict. I have spoken directly with the King of Canada, and I have communicated directly with the Empress of France. If both countries agree, the FBI will investigate what exactly has happened and who is responsible for what has happened in Canada.

"In the mean time, I need to make clear to all outside powers - to everyone - what the stance of the United States government is. This is a conflict between the Kingdom of Canada and Empire of France. The King of Canada has personally insured me directly that this conflict will not bleed over into Europe. Canadian troops, and Canadian forces, will not be involved in attacks of any kind on mainland France in Europe. If these kinds of attacks, or invasions, or incursions were to occur, the United States would be in full and utter opposition to them... With that being said, I must make it absolutely clear that if the military of any nation attempts to interfere in this conflict in the New World, other than Canada and France themselves, the United States will give an immediate and decisive armed response. I, as President, will not accept any foreign intervention from any uninvolved nation as acceptable, and I will authorize the use of armed force against any country that attempts to do so.

"I hope to bring the Canadian and French governments to the negotiation table in the coming days and I give my sincerest hopes for the de-escalation of this conflict. In the mean time, I also want to ensure the American People that our response to Canada is not lackluster. The United States has been through this awful situation before and we will support Canada through it. The Canadian government, as it was, can and will be restored and the Canadian state will be brought back to its former glory. Canadian democracy will be restored, just as American democracy was, and North American representative government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth...

"God speed to our troops and sailors throughout the New World, and may the Lord help us find a peaceful resolution to this awful situation."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren