STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[US]: Situation Room

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
situation-room.jpg

The Situation Room, officially known as the John F. Kennedy Conference Room, is a 5,525-square-foot conference room and intelligence management center in the basement of the West Wing of the White House. It is run by the National Security Council staff for the use of the president of the United States and his advisors (including the national security advisor and the White House chief of staff) to monitor and deal with crises at home and abroad and to conduct secure communications with outside (often overseas) persons. The Situation Room is equipped with secure, advanced communications equipment for the president to maintain command and control of U.S. forces around the world.

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Bill Clinton, after the phone call with President Rutskoy and the Press address, would arrive in the situation room after calling the National Security Advisor - Anthony Lake - and the rest of the National Security Council to be meet him in there. The only two not in the room would by the Secretary of State and Secretary of Defence who would be busy in meetings. Upon arrival, the men and women would stand for the President, until he sits himself down at the head of the table. They would all then take a seat, Clinton would place a file he had been holding on the table. He'd then begin to speak. "Okay, so, I assume you're all aware of the situation in Russia, and I'd like to know your thoughts." One by one the attendees would voice their opinion on the matter, some opinions stronger than the others, the general concensus would be that they didn't agree with what was happening in Russia. "Okay, so what do you think the best decision would be moving forward?". A small pause would begin as the people in the room mutter amongst each other, before a voice comes from one of the chairs. "I'd say we move to DEFCON 3 and prepare the Carl Vinson carrier group out of California" The voice would be that of General John Shalikashvili, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. A mutter of agreement would come from Anthony Lake, the National Security Advisor. "I agree sir, we remained at DEFCON 3, sometimes DEFCON 2, during the Cold War. Only to drop at the dissolution of the Soviet Union. Now the region is unpredictable and we need to sure up our defences". Again, a small pause as Clinton looks around the room, trying to read the reactions of the people sat at the table. "Alright, let's move to DEFCON 3 and contact Naval Air Station Alameda , get them to prepare the carrier group.". There would be silence, but Clinton could see nods from those he needed to do these jobs. The CJCS would pick up the phone and put the call through to Naval Air Station Alameda.

Last edited:

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Bill Clinton would once again enter the Situation room, after receiving a call from Thomas Loftus, the US Ambassador to Norway. Also in the room was Sheila Widnall, the Secretary of the Air force, General Ronald Fogleman, the Chief of Staff of the Air force and David J. Campanale, the Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force. Once again he'd have a binder in his hands which he'd place on the table, he wouldn't even take a seat. "I just received a phone call from our Ambassador in Norway. Apparently there has been some sort of attack in Oslo. I want to know if there is anything in our power we can do to help the Norwegians?"

"Help them in terms of what, sir?" Secretary Widnall would reply.

"With the relief effort, Search and Rescue, recovery of the dead, investigations.. anything" President Clinton would state.

"Well sir, the air force has access to a number of resources and men trained in Search and Rescue. We could send them.."

"Alright, prepare them for operations. They cannot know what it is for until the last minute though, the Norwegians haven't went public with this yet, so neither can we. This discussion stays in this room."

"Yes sir" All three of them would respond, almost in unison.

"Alright, get to it. I need to telephone the Director of the CIA"

And just like that, as quickly as they entered the room. They would leave.

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
President Clinton was in the situation room already, along with James Lee Witt, the Director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency and General John Shalikashvili - the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. On the screens infront of them, were Carl Gutierrez and Ben Cayetano. The Govenors of Guam and Hawaiii - respectively. "Gentlemen, we received word from Chile that a massive earthquake has struck off the coast of the country. Measuring over nine on the richter scale. The issue we have right now is that it seems the energy dissipated outwards rather than inwards, so it is not Chile under threat of a possible Tsunami, but islands in the Pacific, and rather more worryingly, Hawaii and possibly Guam. Gentlemen, I would like your permission to Federalise the National Guards of both your territories so they can co-ordinate with command here to organise flood defence and hand begin handing out supplies."

The two men sat still for a moment, almost as if their cameras had frozen. Before Carl Gutierrez broke the silence. "You have my permission, sir"

"And mine sir. Ben Cayetano stated. Clinton smiled, before standing up from his chair. "Thank you gentlemen, god bless you and stay safe"

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Bill Clinton was sat in the room, rather than the usual one or two people with him, this time the room hosted: Vice President Albert Gore, Secretary of State Warren Christopher, Secretary of Defence William Perry, Director of Central Intelligence John M. Deutch, Director of the FBI Louis Freeh, NSA Director Vice Admiral John Michael McConnell, White House Chief of Staff Leon Panetta, National Security Advisor Anthony Lake and all members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

"I'm starting to think I never leave this room" Clinton said with a slight chuckle, he was attempting to lift the gloom that had shrouded the room after recent events. "Director Freeh, has your investigation found anything?"

The FBI Director looked between the files he had infront of him, and to the President. "Well, sir, the car and van they had were rentals so there is no owner information, I have agents on their way to the airport they were registered to now. However we have gained access to the CCTV from the Stock Exchange which gives us a clear picture." Director Freeh picked up the television remote, pointing it to the screens at the bottom of the table and turning them on - pictures of two men appear on the screen from the CCTV. He picked up a laser pointer, pointing to the first man. "Subject number one. From witness statements, he appears to be in his mid to late twenties, short dark hair and a medium length dark beard." He moved the pointer to the second man "Subject number two. Appears to be middle ages, nearly balding and a longer dark beard that his accomplice." A little pause, before the Director turned to the group. "Both men appear to be of either Asian or Arabian descent."

Clinton was listening intently, before speaking on. "Alright Director, you come to me when you find any new information."

"Yes sir" would be the reply from the Director.

There was a tension in the room, all of these men wanted answers and they wanted them now. "Secretary Christopher. Any word from the Ambassador in Iraq?"

"The last transmission we received was the SOS, Mister President. Apparently the Iraqi Republic Guard has blockaded the gate and is demanding they allow them entrance inside. Apparently this isn't just happening to us, the British, French, Spanish and other embassies are under siege aswell."

"Gentlemen, this is a grave situation. General Shalikashvili, I want to move our military to DEFCON 2. Is that something you can all agree on?" He posed the question to General Shalikashvili, however he was looking at all of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. They all nodded in agreement, General Shalikashvili spoke. "Yes sir, might I also suggest moving our forces to THREATCON Delta? There may be more attacks planned."

"Very good General. Gentlemen, I don't need to need to tell you that something suspicious is going on. An attack committed by two Middle Eastern men in New York, and a siege of our Diplomatic mission in Baghdad at the exact same time. I don't think I need to say it, but I know we're all thinking it. Admiral Boorda, I want a Carrier Strike Group readied to deploy towards the Persian Gulf, we need to get our men, and diplomatic staff out of there."

"Yes sir"

"Let's get it done gentlemen"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear