STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Vietnam] Vietnamese Ambassador Visit to the Pentagon

Joe

Junior
Aug 4, 2018
At exactly 1146 Local Time, the Vietnamese Consulate to the United States of America opened it's gates for the first time since it shut it's doors sixty years ago. The metal creaked loudly, shaking off the rust that had collected and crusted in spots. Two Vietnamese Marines off to the side, dressed in their wintery-dark tunics would immediately come to a salute, snow caked onto the top of their peaked caps. Their field greatcoats swirled around them as they stared blankly into the distance. They stood as still as statues as the two police motorcycles zipped past, followed by a black Chevy Tahoe. Behind the tinted windows, Ambassador Michael Nguyen saluted back.

The delegation sped towards the Pentagon, with a messenger from the Consulate already sending a Fax, announcing that the Vietnamese Ambassador to the United States of America was stopping by for a quick chat with the Department of Defense.

What was once a nation that had been chronically stagnant and decadent after decades of silent communist rule was now a nation that had opened it's doors, and it appeared that the first guest to be welcome into it's home was the United States of America.

@John

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Due to the amount of time it takes for the fax to be sent and security clearence to be given, once the convoy roles up to the gate, not enough time had been given to get the Ambassador cleared through security. The Barrier already low at the gate, a Pentagon Police Officer would approach the window of the driver. Tapping his finger against the blacked out glass, awaiting for the driver to roll the window down.

@Joe

Joe

Junior
Aug 4, 2018
"Sorry, Mr. Ambassador... there appears to be a delay," Special Agent Vo said, pulling up towards the gate.

"That's fine." Ambassador Nguyen murmured in response. He stared at the American flag on display. He remembered the first time he ever saw it fly, when his desperate mother threw him onto the deck of the USS Durham just as their tiny, overloaded wooden dinghy flooded. The last thing he ever saw of his only living relative, his mother, was her thrashing in the ocean with half of the boat's occupants for a brief second before disappearing underneath the the surface.

The two Department of State Security motorcycles slowed down to a stop, with the lead rider exchanging a few words with the Pentagon Police Officer at the gate, showing his badge, and gesturing to the vehicle behind him. Special Agent Vo watched with his eyebrow raised as the Pentagon Police Officer approached, tapping on the window. Vo lowered the window down, presenting his badge, identifying himself as a Special Agent of the Department of State Security, security attache to Ambassador Michael Nguyen of the Republic of Vietnam Embassy to the United States of America.

"We're here on official business, Officer." Special Agent Vo said politely.

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"One moment." The officer, Sergeant George Metztli, would respond - before walking back to his box. He'd take a clipboard from inside, before walking over to the car, flicking through the papers on the board as he reads the names and scheduled meetings. "I'm sorry, there's nothing on the list. Can I ask who it is you're trying to see?"

@Joe

Joe

Junior
Aug 4, 2018
Special Agent Vo was puzzled. Of course, he thought. The morons at the embassy forgot to send word that we were coming.

"Secretary of Defense William Perry, Officer, or his subordinate if either are available. I apologize, I thought the Embassy had sent word that we were coming."

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Sorry, one moment again." Sergeant Metztli would once again approach his box, picking up the phone. Mumbling could be heard by the Special Agent, but nothing clear. After about twenty seconds, he'd approach the car once again. "My apologies, go right again. Deputy Secretary Duetch is waiting for you." He'd signal for another officer on the other side of the barrier to raise it, once that was done, he'd wave the vehicles on through.

Joe

Junior
Aug 4, 2018
"Thank you, Officer." Special Agent Vo said, rolling up the window. He glanced at the Ambassador in the back seat. Michael was still looking out the window, unperturbed at the events. The two motorcycles led the way towards the front of the Pentagon, where Vo pulled the car off to the side. He stepped out, opening the back door for Ambassador Nguyen. Grabbing his briefcase, Michael adjusted his coat and took care not to slip on the ice as he exited the car. The novelty of snow still hadn't worn off yet. Every morning, he marveled at the frozen droplets of water collecting on the side of the road, an afterthought by the locals but a complete culture shock to the Vietnamese delegation.

He walked towards the doors and entered the main lobby to meet with the Deputy Secretary of Defense, John Deutch.

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
John Duetch would be waiting in the lobby for the Ambassador, offering him a smile as he gets closer - before placing his hand out to shake the ambassador's. "Mister Ambassador, pleasure to meet you"

@Joe

Joe

Junior
Aug 4, 2018
Michael stepped up to Duetch, inclining his head. In his mind, he reviewed the briefing that he read on the important members of the Department of Defense.

John Duetch...

Graduated from M.I.T... intelligent.

No known vices...

An honorable man...

"A pleasure to meet you as well, Deputy Secretary," Michael replied. Having grown up as a refugee in England, he spoke English perfectly, with a slight Ulster lilt. "Might I say that it is fantastic that we are the first of our countrymen to officially meet after thirty years."

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I am glad you decided to reach out." He paused to open his arm to the side, as if to say to the Ambassador to follow him, as he steps off. "Can I ask what made you do so? I was quite surprised when I recieved the fax"

@Joe

Joe

Junior
Aug 4, 2018
"Is an unplanned visit by a friend not allowed in this country?" Michael responded. "In Vietnam, friends pop in unannounced to each other's homes all the time... but, I do admit. I am here for a purpose, John. Do you have a private room, perhaps?"

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Of course not, it was just surprising at all. And yes, my office is just down this hall" The Deputy Secretary would lead the ambassador down the hall, towards his office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren