STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

◄CIS► Defence Council

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"The conflict between China and Australia and Vietnam, will not happen, their military is currently insignificant and their nations extremely young, it would be dishonourable to engage in a one sided conflict. We would not oppose a construction of a naval base in China, perhaps the province of Hainan would be perfect for this?

I believe that China will provide the necessary equipment towards its allies, however there are still some piece of equipment we posses that we still want to have a monopoly over." he would wink towards his friends.

@Naio90 @Moe @JJSmithJr @HeadlessSeeker @Alex @king4turtle

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"A massive joint war game would be a good idea, of that I can agree. However, there must be a goal in mind for such a war game. What would that goal be other then to demonstrate CIS military strength? We must have something to learn from it. I propose that in such a war game we simulate allied capabilities in two ways. Amphibious landing operations against a simulated Island Nation with Opposing Force Included, and a simulated invasion scenario along a short boarder. It could either be in a artic circle area or an area of mountainous tropical climate For the tropical climate lets say it covers a border that is 1,281 km while the artic simulated border is 195.7 km. As said before we should simulate opposing Forces. We gain nothing from such an exercise if it is just a show of strength. We need to determine our strengths and weaknesses.

Now then, the suggestion to use this Brazilian Airbase, I like it. It's a good idea and gives CIS much needed force projection. Would Brazil be against Russia placing other assets there? Such as say... the Tu-214R? As well as the MiG-31? We can special order immediately and place some there if allowed to do so. It is imperative that we begin intelligence gathering operations. The reason for this is rather simple, secrecy breeds distrust, and distrust as we know breeds war. This is something that the former Warsaw Pact and NATO were well aware of. Hence why they legalized intelligence passes with satellites as well as intel gathering from the border at certain locations."

@Moe @Fairhold @Naio90 @Alex @JJSmithJr

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Brazil agrees on both accounts. Wargames are not for a show of strength, such as a flyover or military parade. They are meant to be things to learn from. We conducted a wargame with Argentina that proposed a similar situation. Brazil's forces conducted a small-scale invasion of an island in conjunction with air cover and naval assets. I am sure our Argentinean comrades would agree.

As far as a Russian presence on the Ilha De Maraca Naval Base, we would welcome it. Up until now, only Argentina has had knowledge of it. Any other recommendations you may have as far as military planning or deployments, Brazil is willing to listen.

We also agree with a Hainan base and a base in Alexandria. Or Corsica. And those need to be massive. Argentina and I have a similar joint base in the North Atlantic, but larger. Hangars for 100 planes, docks for up to 20 ships. It is a game-changer for us."

@Naio90 @Fairhold @JJSmithJr @HeadlessSeeker @Alex @king4turtle

Last edited:

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I understand then we can agree on a temporary meeting room in Nigeria to be assigned for the CIS Defence Board, while a new compound is constructed in Moscow. Correct?

As for the wargame, Argentine completelly back's Russia's proposal of a amphibious landing-focused wargame. Naval warfare is key in todays war doctrine, and our forces could greatly benefit from that practice. I suggest we determine an island, or patch of land and begins tructuring the "combatant" sides, 2 or 3 CIS Nations and Non-CIS Ally nations per side
."

@Moe @Fairhold @JJSmithJr @HeadlessSeeker @Alex @king4turtle

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"Do you mean Maracá-Jipioca Ecological Station? I do not believe there is any population there, which in theory is good for structuring a war game. However, it is both a conservational sight and I believe that it may be beneficial to model in towns. As both sides will require objectives which are physical, not points on maps. We should also model in civilians as a variable. Regardless, when it comes to structuring the opposing forces I say we model them off of traditional NATO forces. Largest independent Units being that of the Brigade. Not only that but it may be best to model them specifically based on historical US military structures. There are also other factors that we should probably model in, but before discussing them I would like to hear what you all think."

@Moe @Naio90 @Fairhold @king4turtle @Alex @JJSmithJr

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
No, the official name is the Ilha de Maraca Naval Base. It is an island that formerly held a small naval base that we have expanded into what I previously explained. However, Brazil and Argentina have built a MOUT Training center that can be vitalized for those types of exercises, unfortunately, it is inland and could not be a part of the exercise currently planned for.

Another possibility could be Cumbuco. Cumbuco is a small fishing village situated about 25 kilometres (16 mi) North West from the city of Fortaleza, in the state of Ceara, along the north east coast of Brazil. The population is around 1600.

We could build a temporary mock town nearby, and use the residents as the civilian actors needed. Being a tourist area, the economy would not be hit hard but actually boon with the number of sailors, Marines packing into restaurants when on leave once the exercise is over and officers in town can stay in one of the many local hotels.

Brazil has major air, naval and army bases near Fortazela as well."

@Fairhold @JJSmithJr @HeadlessSeeker @Alex @king4turtle @Naio90

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
"As all CIS members are offering bases, I believe Thailand might as well do the same. While a base in Hainan would give the CIS a strong foothold in the China Sea and give us access to the Indian Ocean, I believe it would be much easier if Thailand simply opened the Phuket Naval Base to any CIS member, giving us all a strong and easy foothold in the Indian Ocean instead of having to sail from Hainan to do so."

@Fairhold @JJSmithJr @HeadlessSeeker @Moe @king4turtle @Naio90

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I suggest we procede in an orderly fashion:

1. Defence Council HQ: Nigeria (temproary), Russia (permanent).
2. CIS Wargame: Identify a geographic area and accondition it to act as scenario for the wargame, including infrastructure. Preferably a patch on land big enough to guarantee realistic war conditions on a fictitious country. On this matter Argentina could prepare a portion of land in Patagonia.
3. Establishment of a network of CIS bases, including at least 1 per member country and Non-CIS Ally.
"

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
"I concur with the Argentinian proposal for the order in which we proceed. However, we have not gotten an answer back to where the CIS would prefer a permament base within Russia. We offered three options.

Also, I like the suggestion that we use Patagonia. It is an area that more or less has many of the features we would want for this... fictional... opposing nation. Specifically those cliffs and interesting terrain that will challenge the minds of our officers. I believe for full a full realism scenario each of us should contribute a division worth of troops to each side. Also, would Thailand be able to provide their version of the Multiple integrated laser engagement system? I know that Brazil uses the system as well."

@Naio90 @Alex @JJSmithJr @Moe @Fairhold

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"We have some options with Russian Bases. We could strengthen the naval bases in the Black Sea or in the Baltic, especially if an air-wing is employed at the St.Petersburg base, and especially if we utilize heavy transport aircraft that could move troops or material. A ground base would be a major undertaking. We have over 1000 km between the Russian front and the next stable government in Europe. It is a lot to think about gentleman."

@Naio90 @Alex @JJSmithJr @Fairhold @HeadlessSeeker

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear