STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ARG] Call to Tanzania

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine minister of foreign affairs would make a private call to his tanzanian counterpart.

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
The call be run through an encrypted line to the Foreign Ministers office. Naturally, his secretary would be the first to receive the call. However, knowing that the Foreign Minister was currently on a call to the Irish, and recognising the importance of the incoming number, she would redirect the call to the vice-presidents office. The vice-president being unoccupied, would immediately pick up the phone:

"Hello, this is Vice-President Shein speaking. I believe you were trying to contact our Foreign Minister. I am afraid he's preoccupied at the moment, so you've been redirected to myself. What may I do for you?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Mr. Vice-President, thank you for taking my call, it is a pleasure talking directly to you. I talk to you with the intention ofiitiating a formal bilateral relation between our countries. We received and delivered a 1 billion military products order for your Armed Forces, but had no real opportunity to talk. Argentina is very invested in deeloping strong bonds with fellow southern nations, and we are always concerned with helping said nations develop and grow to its full potential, thus becoming important international players. We believe Tanzania has said potential.

As you might know, Argentina has currently several projects and operations going on with fellow african nations Zaire and Zimbabwe, with very promising predictions. We would love to expand our ties with Tanzania as well. This would, among other areas, include the expansion of bilateral trade and increase of cultural exchanges, but cana lso include defence industry agreements providing Tanzania with important discounts should it need further argentine equipment in the future.

South-South cooperation is one of our main foreign policies, and we are very interested in building a strong and promising relation with your nation, just as we did with so many like-minded countries.
"

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"The pleasures all mine Minister. Yes, and I thank you for those military products, though it's a rather late 'thank you'.

We are very hopeful about our future prosperity and position, and I'm glad to hear that yourself thinks that too. I wasn't aware of your current partnerships with the Congo and Zimbabwe; we have been independent in our recent development projects, projects that with undoubtedly achieve many milestones in the region. We are more than willing to open economic ties between our states, in whatever that may be.
Just out of my own curiosity, and since you brought it up, what projects have you embarked on with the Congo and Zimbabwe, if I may ask?

I see that is a very fair foreign policy. With the majority of the world's wealth concentrated in Europe and North America, developing nations should work closer together to build their own wealth."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I am very happy to hear that we share some opinions and views. Although Argentina is firm on the importance of defending national sovereignty, both territorial and economical, we also understand and acknowledge the importance of free commerce and trade, which is one of the pillars we hold and something we put on the forefront of our foreign policy, next to the south-south cooperation. We aim to have a vast and interconnected trade network with foreign partners to make our nation, and in the process others as well, independent from potential malicious foreign agendas and unjustified international sanctions.

This is why we would suggest to use the opening of new trade routes between Argentina and Tanzania as a starting point for a bigger increase in bilateral economic exchange. Many argentine companies are looking to Africa for investment and partnership opportunities, and we would be delighted to have your country amond the main destinations for argentine foreign investment.

What goods and commodities does Tanzania currently has to offer? Argentina is looking for new markets for our Petroleum, Lithium, Grain, Soybean and vehicles.

As for the projects in Congo/Zaire and Zimbabwe, in the first one we are engaing in multuple infrastructure modernization endeavours, while in the second we are commited to stabilizing the internal situation after the removal from Mugabe from power.
"

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"Well that sounds like a policy Tanzania can stand behind also.

I can say your companies have certainly chosen the right time to expand into the Tanzanian markets. As we speak the construction of the expanded Dar Es Salaam port is under way and once completed in November 1997, it'll be one of the largest ports in Africa, and the second largest African port on the Indian Ocean; the gateway to East and sub-Saharan Africa. Alongside this, we're constructing more than 2,500km of railroad, that'll connect more than 2.7 million people to the national transport system. So Argentinian companies will have no problem in establishing a flourishing industry here.

Our top exports good include: Metals, Coffee, Cotton, Gold and Phosphates. In fact, we're the only nation active on the worlds' trade market that exports cotton and phosphates. Your lithium and grain products would be most appreciated in our economy."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Excelent news! We look forward to start a prosperous trade relation with Tanzania, and expanded and modern facilities, specially on the african indian ocean coast is something very rare. This will surely appeal to multiple argentine shipping companies.

Argentina would be very interested in importing tanzanian coffee, cotton, and Phospates. In return we would then also export lithium and grain to Tanzania. Can I also interest you in our Petroleum in refined form, to fuel your emerging industries and soybeans to provide the necesary nutrients for your animal feed industry?

I will also use the opportunity to tell you that Argentina is about to launch a worldwide maritime shipping company, destined to serve nations who do not yet possess their own merchant navy. This might be of interest to you.
"

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"We will certain export those products to Argentina.

We were considering importing petroleum fuel for our markets, however my government came to the decision not to due to environmental impacts; we don't want to become too reliant upon fossil fuels now that the world is moving towards renewable sources. As for soybeans, I think we can accommodate importing this, so yes, you can and have interested me!

Your maritime company does interest us, we are struggling to find a supplier for such ships. Though we would prefer to buy the ships outright, renting from your company is the best alternative."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We would be delighted to have import them, while at the same time supplying Tanzania with Lithium, grain and soybean derivates. Let us know if you decide to use Patagonia Shipping. As a state-owned company I'm sure we can find a special price for your nation, given the strategic importance the Government sets for this bilateral relation.

An expanded trade network between Africa and Argentina is something very high on my Governments list, specially now that we are trying to consolidate our own trade bloc, to promote a more free and efficient trade between lieminded nations.

How are the expansion works on Dar Es Salaam advancing? I'm sure some argentine investors would be very interested in taking part.
"

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"That is great news! In such a small space of time we've given our million of peoples' access to otherwise unavailable products!

Your offer...that is very generous of you. I must say, our search for cargo ships has exhausted our attempts, so I'm pretty sure we will go to your Patagonia company. And I'll send the application myself as soon as we've concluded this sessions' conversation.

You mentioned your own trade bloc; how to you mean exactly? Is this a trade organisation in the brewing or simply just a metaphor? Either way, a policy of free and efficient trade has Tanzania's backing.

And I must ask you to clarify by what you mean by the 'expansion works on Dar Es Salaam'....We have numerous projects in construction currently, and many more waiting for approval. But I'm glad to hear our recent rapid rate of development has gained international attention"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Argentina is currently discussing the creation of a trade bloc between us, Brazil and Canada. The objective is to promote almost free trade between the member nations, lifting most of the trade barriers and tariffs, integrating and facilitating the worker market to allow easier mvoement among the nations, facilitate bilateral investment by giving more freedom of mvoement and market access to businessmen and entrepeneurs and also setting a permanent line of communication. There is also the possibility of establishing common tariffs and taxes for goods entering these markets from abroad (non trade bloc countries).

Should Tanzania be interested, in understand you fit the bill and criteria, and Argentina could put a good word once the negotiations are advanced enough to consider new partners.

As for the port, I mean general progress, and if there any any of the stages still looking for international funding, in case argentine investors would like to take part.
"

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"I see, okay. Your planned trade bloc does sound promising.

Thank you the offer of invitation, but we would want such organisation to show results before we consider committing to it, if you understand my meaning.

The port is going swimmingly as planned, no issues have been experienced so far. We are comfortable in our position to fund the project directly from our own coffers, so thank you but we do not require any investment funds."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"There will be surely a public announcement on the creation of the bloc, and regular updates on its progress. Tanzania is most welcome to submit an application once it considers it convenient.

I also wanted to inform you that we are submitting the corresponding papers to start the new maritime trade routes between our nations.

Finally, on a more political level, we would like to inquire about Tanzania's position on the ongoing Antarctic Summit.
"

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"Oh how good that is.

Well, our position on Antarctica is rather simple. We want the continent to remain free from the greed of states; no nation should have territory in Antarctica. However, if it is being divided between states, we also want a piece of the pie. That's all there is too it.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Its not that simple, sadly. Argentina has historic links with the continent, and had presence there for decades through scientific bases and fishing. We were happy with the situation of stability and peace in the continent, and had no intention to modify it, but the sudden claim, annexation and militarization of the entire continent by the Kingdom of Sweden broke that stability, and now they are trying to divide the continent among its friends, leaving out southern and african nations."

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"Yes, I understand the background of the situation, and the GAs handling of it has been poor at best. To allow such occupation in the first place bewilders me.

I was faithful to the concept of the GA, but the updates I'm receiving from our GA Ambassador makes me doubt that faith. The GA introduces globally enforced legislation that encompasses all the world states whether they're members of not, which I don't necessarily have conflict in, but yet I'm told that during these recent discussions, it was raised a number of times, by certain parties, that non-GA members shouldn't be present at the discussions...I believe your representative was the recipient of this sort of criticism. This baffles me! How can an organisation enforce legislation upon a state that had no say in it; how can an organisation support global understanding yet support global exclusion at the same time.

It's safe to say that this whole issue in the first place, alongside the GAs response to it, has certainly made my government question our future position in the organisation."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The main reason for Argentina not joining the GA in the first place is that, given the current charter and regulations, it is very easy for few nations to team up and force the passing of international laws that can severely undermine the sovereignty and economy of a nation or a group of them. The reason behind doing that is simply the accomplishment of national objectives and agendas, with total disregard of the wellbeing of others.

Look at what happened with Canada. The norwegian government decided that Canada had a "nazi" Government and submitted, without any proof, a radical Resolution that would have completelly crippled and maimed the canadian economy and empoverishing its inhabitants. At the same time directly attacking the right of each nation to determining their own form of Government. In the end, Canada was lucky and the Resolutionw as rejected by 1 vote.

This is a risk we do not want to take and that is why we will refrain from joining the GA. This does not mean Argentina will not follow general international law, or even specific GA Resolutions that we consider are relevant for us to be part in, such as over Antarctica. If we put our signature on a Document, we will abide to it.

Anyway, should Sweden remain intransigent, we will just make our own bilateral agreements with the nations we have to, in order to guarantee stability in Antarctica.
"

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"I heard about this, its very terrifying indeed. To think what sort of outcome there would be if there was just 1 more vote in favour. Well, in many aspects, I'm glad my administration wasn't in power during this.

It's certainly interesting times we find ourselves in, and not the nice sort of interesting too. We must pray that the future goes down the right path, and isn't let astray into chaos by elf-centred individuals."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"It seems the situation in Zimbabwe remains unstable, and not with South Africa back on the stage, I'm afraid things will not get quiet soon. I understand your Government is working on the Tanzania Armed Forces right? A modern military is key to defend your sovereignty."

Tuzi

Tuzi

Tanzania
Aug 30, 2020
"Yes indeed. though we ourselves haven't been impacted by it, so it's no longer a high concern for us. We are more concerned with South Africa. The government sponsored, nationwide discrimination and abuse of the black population is horrific. I believe that our of our ministers is currently in talking to the South Africans, try to convince them to support an agreement to allow the black South African population to emigrate in mass to Tanzania.

We are in the process of improving our military capabilities, as so when we purchase some of our assets of yourself. Though we are fortunate to be in the position where we don't require a large military presence"

Naio90

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa