STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Australia]: Message to the Republic of China [SEC=TOP SECRET]

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

AUSTRALIAN REPRESENTATIVE IN TAIWAN

SECURITY CLASSIFICATION: TOP SECRET (Encrypted)

19 January 2001

Dear President of the Republic of China,

My name is Frances Adamson I'm the Australian Representative in Taiwan, based at the Australian Office in Taipei. I wish to introduce myself to reaffirm the relationship between Australia and Taiwan and our recent concerns about the statements from China towards Taiwan. I wish to meet with you at the Presidential Office Building to discuss the concerns that Australia has and to reaffirm our commitment to a free, open and democratic Taiwan.

Kind Regards,
Frances Adamson.

The Australian Office in Taipei, 27-28th Floors The President International Tower, 9-11 Song Gao Road, TAIPEI, TAIWAN 11073
Telephone: (+886) 2 8725 4100
Protective Marking:Business Impact Level:Compromise of Information Confidentiality:Required to be Encrypted:

UNOFFICIAL

No Business Impact

No damage. This information does not form part of official duty.

15px-X_mark.svg.png

OFFICIAL

Low Business Impact

No or insignificant damage. This is the majority of routine information.

15px-X_mark.svg.png

OFFICIAL: Sensitive

Low to Medium Business Impact

Limited damage to an individual, organisation or government generally if compromised.

15px-X_mark.svg.png

PROTECTED

High Business Impact

Damage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.

15px-Yes_check.svg.png

SECRET

Extreme Business Impact

Serious damage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.

15px-Yes_check.svg.png

TOP SECRET

Catastrophic Business Impact

Exceptionally grave damage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.

15px-Yes_check.svg.png

DrinkingAsian

DrinkingAsian

Newcomer
Sep 6, 2022
19 January 2001 Owen

Dear Ambassador of Australia

The honor is mine Mr Ambassador, my name is President Hui-Han, currently the incoming Head of State of the country, although one may say it still not yet official but on paper, it can be considered a landslide, even my political opponents have started to congratulate me. Now back to business, I can firmly say our relations with Australia will always be positive therefore I hereby invite you to visit us at the Presidential Office Building in the Zhongzheng District for a more formal meeting.

Sincerely,
President Hui-Han
Republic of Taiwan

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"That would be Mrs. and Representative, not Ambassador." She would say to her assistant as she read out the letter.

The Representative would leave in a chaffeured vehicle from Downtown Taipei to the Presidential Office Building. Upon arrival she would meet with the President.

"Mr. President, it's my pleasure to finally meet you. Congratulations on your victory." She would shake his hand, turn to the news cameras and would make sure they fully know that she was meeting with the President, to send a strong message to the Mainland that Australia stood with Taiwan. Upon entering the building, the media would be barred from coming into the meeting room.

DrinkingAsian Axis12

DrinkingAsian

Newcomer
Sep 6, 2022
as the doors were closed and media were barred from entering, business between Taiwan and Australia can finally begin. The President also firmly shakes the hand of Mrs. Frances awhile ago when the media caught them outside the building.

President Hui-Han then said "Hopefully your trip here was very good, as there are lots of landmarks here in taipei, Please, sit down and make yourself comfortable." He then spoke in mandarin to one of his assistants to get 2 glasses of water. The President then sat down at the opposite side of the table to signal that he is now ready to proceed.

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We do have a good position in the centre of Taipei. A couple of blocks from the Taipei 101 and the National Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall. We are very happy to be where we are. Now as you can understand, Australia officially adopts the One-China Policy. However we are ambiguous on which China we believe that should be. We wish to maintain relations with the People's Republic and so in order to do that we have an Australian Office in Taipei, rather than an Embassy and my role is as a Representative rather than an Ambassador. However if we see rhetoric from the People's Republic get out of hand or they make moves to destabilise the region we will not hesitate to make our Chinese Ambassador resident in Taipei and have a mere Representative in Beijing. At the present time, we will need to see how the situation unfolds before we make any serious considerations to foreign policy. I know Russia and Japan have taken a different approach and they are entitled to do so, but we will remain pragmatic about it. Rest assured, if the Republic does come under attack by the People's Republic we will come to your aid."

DrinkingAsian

DrinkingAsian

Newcomer
Sep 6, 2022
"Well ambassador I won't be lying if I felt that Australia is not giving her wholehearted support in recognizing Taiwan as a legit sovereign nation by hesitating to assigning an ambassador, which with respect of course, both are equal, its just the political significance of calling one an ambassador instead of representative resonate more with the international community, but we understand Australia's position here, better to stay the course than risk potential conflict, a compromise one might say, so deep down, it is unfortunate, but we do see the bigger picture. Hopefully, in time, your administration deems it right to recognize us as an equal like the PRC, we believe that two Chinese nations could co-exist."

"We have no claims in the mainland, but it is important for us to be vigilant for we do not know what our cousins from the north will do once they see weakness from our side, we seek no confrontation with any nation but we wish to secure ourselves so that's why we ask if Australia permits the selling of her military arms to Taiwan, or a perhaps trade agreement. If your government would like something in return, we are open to discussions regarding any topic."
Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"What military arms are you hoping of acquiring? I'm sure a deal could be arranged with the Defence Department. We are also open to free trade. Whilst we understand you may wish to rescind claims to the mainland, we would like it if you kept that option open if a broader conflict with China was to occur. One of the issues with such a conflict would be the aftermath, what to do with China once the Communist Party was overthrown and thats where we believe the Government in Taipei should step in and take its rightful place within Beijing and reunify China and Taiwan. However given your moves towards "independence", that is... an independent Taiwanese state ridding itself of any mention of China or claims to China, we wait and see what Beijing will do because their rhetoric in the past has suggested they wouldn't tolerate such a move."

DrinkingAsian

DrinkingAsian

Newcomer
Sep 6, 2022
"We agree to that statement of yours for, if it would mean to legitamize our nation, to control the entirety of the mainland would be a huge endeavor but we will surely reserve it at the back of our heads if such situation arises, but for now acquiring weapons would be in our best interests, overall no specific arms are in mind we would like to just browse what you have and be ready to order when we are done, that is all in regards to that matter."
Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We do have a wide array of land weapons and naval weapons, but our air force is almost entirely American-made equipment. We have frigates, patrol boats, destroyers, infantry mobility vehicles, reconnaissance aircraft. There is quite a range of Australian-made defence equipment."

DrinkingAsian