STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Brazil] A Warm Christmas

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019

Imperial Palace, around 2:00 PM, December 19th

The final preparations for the "Warm Christmas" Festival were being finished, the road to the Imperial Palace had been reserved for the Festival and closed off to pedestrians only.

In the field in front of the palace, a large stage was built with a group of large LED Screen panels, speakers and lighting equipment were also present. The Palace and its surrounding area were also nicely decorated with Christmas decorations, A large Christmas stood tall in the palace's garden.

Barracks and stands were set up along the road leading to the Imperial Garden's front entrance for refreshments, cookings and others, all at an affordable price.

There were seats and tables for the visitors to sit down on, and a large open space near the front of the stage.

The 2-day festival would have two different parts and was to be broadcasted nationwide, and Internationally, for the channels interested. The first day on the 24th would be the special one, Beginning officially at 11:00 AM. The festival would open to the public.

Brazilian National Orchestra

at 12:00 AM, the Brazilian National Orchestra along with a Choir would start singing Christmas and other festive tunes, this show would go on until 3:00 PM, upon that time, the show would stop for a break, to give place to the "A Christmas Carol" Play that would go on for 2 and a half hours.

"A Christmas Carol" Play

The Play would have a Christmas theme to it, obviously, with fake snow too being used for the play, although it was summer in Brazil, the weather itself was slightly chilly, making it perfect for the occasion, Once the Play ended, the Orchestra would return once more to continue with their show for another two hours, which upon ending, would begin the Ballet Performance of the day, "The Nutcracker".

"The Nutcracker" Ballet Performance

The Ballet Performance was Majestic and beautiful and went on for about an hour and a half, once done, the orchestra would make its final appearance for another 30 minutes, once finished the stage would dim its light, a single figure would step out, it was an Imperial Guardsman officer, he marched down to the centre of the stage, where a mic stand was located in.

with a glance at the entire crowd, the officer took in a deep breath, mentally calming himself before speaking.

"
Ladies and Gentlemen! His Highness! Prince Antonio João de Orléans e Bragança!"

His Highness, Prince Antonio João de Orléans e Bragança

Following the announcement, the Prince walked out with a smile, waving at the public as he made his way to the mic stand, he wore a grey suit with a white shirt and a burgundy red tie, the familiar Imperial pin sitting on the left side of his chest.

The Officer gave a formal salute to the Prince, who offered his hand for a shake, which the Officer accepted. As the Prince stood behind the mic stand, he prepared himself for his speech, and after inhaling some air, he began.

"
Ladies and Gentlemen of Brazil and the World, I hope you are all enjoying our festival in this beautiful night.

As you all know, the world is going through a delicate moment, and many are struggling, but we hope that we can bring a light of hope in these dark times, to all of you who are watching us here...as well as those who are watching this live from the comfort of the seats, with this beautiful festival.

Unfortunately, his Imperial Majesty was unable to attend this festival, instead, he has left us with a message. but let us not get ahead of ourselves here, there is one more performance before the end of the night, we hope you enjoy it, and, from the entire Royal Family of our great nation, We wish you a Merry Christmas, and a happy new year.
"

With that, the Prince would thank the crowd, and amongst thunderous applause, would wave at the crowd, before leaving the stage.

As the deep hours of the night came..the festival went on...

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019
After another hour break, the final play would begin, it was a Large Nativity Play, made to resemble the Nativity of Jesus, it would be around an hour-long, shorter compared to the previous plays.

Nativity of Jesus Play

After the Play's end, a voice would come out of the speakers.

"
Ladies and Gentlemen, His Imperial Majesty, Luis I."

Following the announcement, a video of the Emperor would appear in the central screen.

"
My fellow Brazilians, and people of the world, thank you for coming to this festival, or if you are watching this from your TV or Radio, thank you for tuning in.

Christmas, to me, has always been a time of solidarity and peace, and I'd like to take this time and opportunity to give my condolences to the families of those lost in the Unrest in Russia and India, especially with the Mumbai explosion, I can only pray and hope that peace will soon reign once more.

As monarch, it is my duty to represent the people and aid them in their time of need, It is well known that Brazilians across our dear country face hardships, and Is my duty to help them, Which is why I'd like to announce that the Brazilian Crown will donate large sums to charities around Brazil to aid those in need.

Additionally, I'm proud to announce a new organization, the Religious Order of the Holy Cross.
"

As he spoke, the two other large monitors would show an emblem.

Emblem of the "Ordem Religiosa da Santa Cruz" (Religious Order of the Holy Cross)

"The Order of the Holy Cross will be a Religious and Humanitarian organization, responsible for assisting those in need for help, additionally, the Religious Order of the Holy Cross shall also work as a Scouting and Educational institution to those who wish to learn and grow.

The Order of the Holy Cross is entirely made up of volunteers who wish to help their communities and fellow man, more information on this new organization shall come out with the new year ahead of us..But I look forward to the results of this new helping hand.

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend this marvellous festival, I deeply apologize to all who came today, but nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed it, thank you, and a merry Christmas to all.
"

With that, the Emperor would wave goodbye as the recording faded away and ended. The first day of the festival had ended with announcements, plays and music, but the second one was still coming.

The second day was much more laid back, reserved to musical acts of Both Brazilian and International Artists, for this, the chairs and tables in front of the stage were cleared to allow for a bigger crowd.

The second day would be as long as the second and would have an even bigger crowd.

The organizers of the whole event aimed to make this "Warm Christmas Special" be the best Christmas Celebration of the year, and even, in Brazil's history, and it seems they did just that.