STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Brazil] Message to Ukraine

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019

Department of International Relations

Recipient: Republic of Ukraine
Subject RE: Diplomatic Relations
Classification: Secure

Greetings

It's with great pleasure that Brazil wishes to formally open relations with the Republic of Ukraine.

I am Secretary Fernando Carlos Schmidt, Chief of the Europe Division of the Department of International Relations of the Empire of Brazil.
we'd like to talk about matters involving diplomacy, trade and defence, as we believe that a strong and prosperous Brazil-Ukraine Relationship could lead to great things.

Yours truly

Fernando Carlos Schmidt

Department of International Relations - Europe Division

@GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020

To: Fernando Carlos Schmidt JakeDorent

CC:

Subject: Re: Diplomatic Relations

Security: email encrypted and secure

Greetings Secretary Schmidt,

We are pleased to make contact with a representative of Brazil--after all, there are many Ukrainian citizens residing in your beautiful country! There are many matters for our governments to discuss. Was there anything in particular you would like to address first? Also, do you prefer to discuss matters over email, or would you rather schedule a phone conversation?

Sincerely,

Ihor Hrushko
Secretary of Ukrainian Affairs in South America
Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019

Department of International Relations

Recipient: Republic of Ukraine
Subject RE: Diplomatic Relations
Classification: Secure

I'm available for a phone conversation, We could initiate with talks regarding Trade, and move on for there if you wish.

Yours truly

Fernando Carlos Schmidt

Department of International Relations - Europe Division

@GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
After heating up some leftover borsch in the office microwave--mother's finest home cooking--Ihor Hrushko sat down at his desk to make his call to the Brazilian Department of International relations. He would honestly assure any secretaries or operators that the line was private and encrypted on his end. While waiting to be transferred, he burned his tongue on the lava-like soup.

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
The Secretary, after making sure his call was encrypted and secure, the Brazilian would answer the phone

"
Good day, Mr Hrushko, I thank you for offering to discuss this through the phone, it will make our talks much easier."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Hrushko was just about to let out a string of profanity when his Brazilian counterpart answered the phone. Stupid soup.

“Um, yes, Good day to you. I think it’s long over due that our countries established relations. I know we said we would discuss trade first, but there is a matter that seems more pressing at the moment. We would like to know Brazil’s thoughts on the Antarctica situation. After all, you are right next to Argentina, one of the primary parties involved. Has your country announced a formal stance yet?”

private/encrypted

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
The Secretary's smile faded as he listened to the question regarding the Icy continent, he let out a silent sigh as he rubbed his face with his own hand, having had enough of that topic, he'd sit back.

"
Well...Yes, Brazil has been striving for a diplomatic solution to the issue, taking a neutral stance, however, with recent developments, we have been forced to take Argentina's side on the subject, What about Ukraine's position? Now that you touched on the subject, we'd like to know Ukraine's stance on the topic."

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Private/encrypted

"I apologize for any redundancy, I'm sure you've had to address this multiple times in the past few weeks. However, it is an incredibly important topic, as I'm sure you realize. Given the great significance of these events, Ukraine is still taking time to evaluate the situation and form an opinion. Would you mind elaborating on why you have chosen to support the Argentinians? Do you believe they should have sovereignty over the continent, or are you simply in agreement with them that no country, not even Sweden, should have a monopoly on the land?"

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"Yes, I understand.

The Reason why Brazil has chosen to support Argentina is due to a variety of reasons.

Initially, as I already stated, Brazil wished to keep a neutral stance, although some suspicion had been brought up about Sweden's Annexation of the entire continent. We monitored the situation closely, However, with the increasing tension in the Region, to be completely neutral grew to become impossible, especially with our geographical location.

The collision between the Swedish warship and the Argentinean Ice Breaker was, to put it bluntly, the straw the broke the camel's back and forced us to take a position. Which was why we chose to side with the Argentineans.

Anyway, that is why we have chosen to side with Argentina following the recent developments, I hope you now understand why we have made such choices. If you wish to hear more of our position, Brazil has already released a statement regarding the situation.
"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
“Oh, you’ve released a statement? I assume The Hour of Brazil has it published somewhere and I’ve simply missed it. I’ll get an aid on finding that and get back to you later if I have any further questions,” he said, holding the phone up to his ear with his shoulder as he scribbled a reminder on a sticky note.

“Regardless, your reasoning seems understandable. You are rather close to Antarctica—at least compared to all the countries from Europe that are getting involved—and Ukraine understands the importance of being amicable with ones neighbors. I trust Argentina did not use political or economic pressures to gain your support..."

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"We didn't release the statement on the Hour of Brazil, the Prime Minister wished to release the statement on live air, although I imagine the government shall release the full statement on the Hour of Brazil soon enough.

And no. It was an agreement by both parties, Brazil and Argentina seek closer relations, both as neighbours and as South American nations.
"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
"I see. Well, it is good to hear then. I have more questions regarding Brazil's outlook on the current state of world politics, but first I think the most important issue is Zaire's water crisis. Ukraine has agreed to ship them clean water for a discounted price, however, our merchant fleet is lacking. Does Brazil have any ships for sale? I think a tanker would be our best bet, but a container carrier would also suffice, we would just need to ship bottled water instead."

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"Ah yes, we have been approached by the Zairean Government, and are willing to help in any way we can.

Unfortunately...our Merchant fleet is also lacking, but we can offer Ukraine one of our Tanker models, the Admiral Gastão Motta-Class Replenishment Tanker.

We'd gladly produce them for Ukraine at an acceptable price, would that interest you?.
"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
"Hm..." Hrushko stared at his borsch, trying to decide whether or not another sip was worth scalding his tongue. He nudged it a little farther away on his desk in order to resist the temptation. "By my estimate that would ship about 1,056,422.5 gallons of room temperature water per trip. While this is a large amount I'm afraid it doesn't put much of a dent in our biweekly goal... Just to confirm, you do not have any container ships we could purchase, correct?"

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"Unfortunately no."

Fernando would think for a moment before speaking "
...So if one of the tankers can carry 1,056,422.5 Gallons, 10 of those could carry around 10 million, 20 could carry 20 million and so on, if we field more than 1 tanker, we can increase the capacity of water, although it's still not close to the amount Zaire requires.

However, what exactly is the population of Zaire? 86 Million? By delivering 20 Million to Zaire, we'd be assisting in bringing fresh water to approximately 26% of Zaire's population.
"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
"Hm... Well, every gallon indeed helps and over a quarter of the population is certainly quite a number of people. How much would this cost for us to purchase? And for all 10? I will have to contact our minister of finance, of course, to get approval for any purchases before money is transferred, if we do agree to buy them. We might also be interested in a lease program, depending on the price."

JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"In total, we believe the cost for this purchase would be 3.000.000.000, however, we believe a lease program could also be made If you're interested Mr Minister."

Fernando would sit back, looking out the window as he spoke with the Ukrainian Minister.

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
“Ah, I see. Fair enough, I will pass this information on to our Minister of Finance, thank you.” He would pause to take another Cautious sip of his soup as he thought. “What else would you like to discuss at this time, Mr. Schmidt?”

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"I'd like to ask if Ukraine was interested in a trade agreement with Brazil? We can offer many goods that I imagine Ukraine would definitely be interested in.

On another topic, would Ukraine be interested in any of Brazil's Military Hardware?
"

GingeOrCringe

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
The Secretary thought about this for a moment, taking a very mindfully spoonful of his soup. "Well, as of right now Ukraine does not have a need for any Brazilian defense products that I can think of, but we will keep you in mind as a producer should we need anything in the future. This is a street that would go both ways, should Brazil ever be in need of Ukrainian equipment."

"That being said, we may very well be interested in Brazil's other exports. What do you have to offer? Our main export is foodstuffs, but we can also offer petroleum products, timber, non-ferrous metals (titanium, mercury, magnesium), and natural gas."

JakeDorent