STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Brazil - Phone Call To UK

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
President Romero types a memo to himself and to Oscar and Juan DeSilva and then replies. "Thank you for taking the call. As I have said, this is a monumental first step in a new relationship. It will be better for the world if the Iran crisis comes to a quick conclusion. Not that you need any advice, but perhaps the Pakistani government, although quiet recently could be of some assistance in this matter. I look forward to PM Bourne's next phone call."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Agreed, We intend to clear up the issue with the Iranian Regime sharply. We have no intention of it dragging out. We are currently in discussion with the Pakistan Government and have a growing friendship with them, they are aware of the situation with Iran and have offered support too, but thank you for your support, and your time today. Mr Bourne will be in touch soon.".

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Another encrypted phone call would be made from the Brazilian Defense headquarters by defense Minister Oscar DeSilva.

"Hello, this is Oscar DeSilva of the Brazilian Defense Ministry. I would like to speak with the Minister of Defence, if he is available. Thank you."

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

The Secretary of State for Defence, Jack Towse, would answer the call. "Hello, How can I help you Mr DeSilva?", having just returned to his office and begun to sat down, taking a sip off water immediately after speaking. He was expecting the call if in regards to the Ocean Class so had already made any arrangements necessary for the negotiation.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Good afternoon, Mr. Towse. I am calling to see what we can negotiate about the Ocean Class Helicopter Carrier and the Round Table Class Amphibious Assault ship. We would like to purchase one Ocean Class and five Round Table Class ships. I am hopeful that we can negotiate and good and fair price, for what we consider to be vital naval assets for a country that has 7500 kilometers of coastline to protect in times of national crisis, or in the worst case war."

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Good Afternoon. Thank you for your call today." Jack paused, allowing the Brazilian Delegate to open the phone call with mention of the purchase. He'd clear his throat "One Ocean Class, Five Round Table Classes. Not a problem, bare with me please.." he'd pause again for a few moments, the phone line quiet during that time before he returned. "Apologies for the wait. We would be able to sell the Ocean Class, and five Round Table Classes for the accumulated cost of $4,500,000,000.00 -- which we'd be happy to do in instalments prior to carrying out the work if you'd prefer.

This is broken down as:

Ocean Class: 1,200,000,000.00
Round Table: 560,000,000.00 per (Total: 2,800,000,000.00)
+25% VAT due to no Free trade: 1,000,000,000
Which gives the cost of 5,000,000,000.00

Now, as good faith, we have cut this down 500 million as a discount and as a goodwill gesture. So the total accounted for 4.5billion."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Quite the mark up on both items, especially the Ocean Class. It would be against my judgement to purchase these items from you. Especially given that they are already somewhat obsolete and we can acquire both weapon platforms elsewhere. But my President is hellbent on building up a massive Navy, and he wants it done quickly. So, whatever he decides I must be obliged to follow. But I will inform him of the massive mark up. It is rather insulting in my opinion and a somewhat stupid business decision on your part. Did the US charge you 250 million for each F35 that has yet to be proven to function?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Not at all, we paid billions.. but that wasn't for each F-35, Britain owns the entire F-35 Program, and proven to function as they've been operational with the UK and US for years.
Well functional for us thus far.

Although I am unsure as to how a Naval Vessel compares to that of an F35, but nonetheless, we offer no insult, we had simply given a price for a product you had requested?" the British Secretary appeared confused as to the sore Brazilian Minister of Defence, but remained professional nonetheless.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Needing to urinate, Mr DeSilva puts the phone down and heads to the bathroom to take a leak. @Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The British Delegate got bored of waiting, hanging up and sighing in relief. It had become evident that the delegate of the Brazilian Government had passed out at the cost, knowing they were unable to afford anything of true quality.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Coming back from the Gentleman's Room, Desilva checks out Defence Weekly and sees that the UK has sold the same Ocean Class carriers the the Philippines for a far lower price. He picks up his private and encrypted phone and tells the President the news.

"Yes, it seems something strange when we were previously talking about UK investment in Brazil, to treating us as if we are criminals. Yes, you were in fact invited to the UK, so I do not know why the poor treatment."

"Yes, sir. I will call and ask."

He makes another encrypted phone call to the UK.
"Yes, "Good afternoon, may I speak to Mr. Towse, please?"

@Jamie

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The British Secretary of State for Defence, Jack Towse, answered the call. "Good Morning, Jack speaking. How may I help you?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I would like to renegotiate the price of the Ocean Class helicopter carrier/assault. Considering we were on good terms before, and my President is scheduled to meet your Prime Minister. So it seems odd that we seem to be singled out for apparently not doing anything that would offend the UK to be offered these exborinant prices.

We are looking for a better price on 3 Ocean Class Transport docks. We are also looking to augment the Ocean class by purchasing 9 Merlin Class helo's, 15 AgustaWestland AW159 Wildcats, 3 being of the Search and Rescue Variant and 15 AgustaWestland Apache's."
@Jamie

Last edited:

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
In the future we are eyeing 2 Invariable Class carrier with 12 F-35B Joint Strike Fighter each, I would like to speak to you bout the feasibility of this plan and and time it will take to implement the project if you so deaire.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I am confused as to you been singled out? Our Sales are done on a case-by-case basis. The only countries that are offered discounts are those of ISAF, ETO or recipients of Free Trade Agreements who get a 25% discount. All pricing is done to accomodate for any evaluation beforehand, production, delivery and the parts and support throughout as a one-time payment.

The Price for the Ocean Class was already discounted, however, we would add a further discount of an additional 5?%

As for the helicopters, unfortunately the Merlin, Wildcat Series and Apache Airframes are not for sale. The exception been the Merlin which has recently become an export variant for ISAF Members. A few alternatives may include:

The Seaking Helicopter, sold by Ziron Defence.
The Lynx, the predessor to the Wildcat, also sold by Ziron.
As for Apache, I believe First Choice exports a range of attack helicopters.

The Invincible Class Aircraft Carriers are already sold by Ziron, so you would be able to procure by them for Ziron's own pricing. And I have been made aware that there are three interested parties in the JSF program. Australia, Brazil and Taiwan. The F-35 is not currently exported and there is no timeframe as to when. These will be handled case-by-case by Ziron's JSF Directors and is heavily based on relations with Britain in all aspects. We are suspecting ISAF members will be offered the F-35 Series first, then possibly later this year or early next year, the F-35A will be available for export."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"As stated in the Joint Strike Fighter Program, it is an option for countries to express interest for a future export date. That date has not yet been decided. I am saying, they are not exported at this moment in time. Brazil, like Australia and Taiwan, have been added to the Interested list and once the Export Variant is due to be released, you will be contacted by a member of the JSF Program to negotiate a sale. As specified in the 'Sales Brochure':

'None-ISAF Members will be able to register their interest for any future, public sales. However, these are case-by-case and dependent on relations with the United Kingdom and other ISAF States.', in case you missed it.

Nonetheless, I am confused as to how Ziron is involved? They manage the Joint Strike Fighter Project, but the prices I gave you are not Zirons? Ziron does not sell the products listed by yourself except for the Invincible Class which they sell on their website. Just to confirm, as I believe you are confused? Ziron is NOT the British Government. Their catalogue can be accessed here: https://modernnations.com/threads/ziron-group-ziron-defence.1435/

I hope this helps you understand that I am not apart of Ziron? I work for the Ministry of Defence for the British Government.

Nonetheless, as explained, Philippines gets a 25% discount as they have a Free Trade agreement with the UK government."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I have been offered Ziron products in the past by members of your government, this is irrefutable. Only the to then have someone from Ziron offer me a system at a much greater cost. The 25% discount for the Filipinos is laughable since you marked up the Ocean by 100% for me. Consider our conversation finished."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I am beginning to think you arrange these calls, and contact us for business is simply to waste our time. There has now been different circumstances where we discuss business for you to have, what is essentially a paddy-fit.. if that is a term in Brazil? If not, then a tantrum, when we give a justified cost or other options, and then wish to end the call? No doubt something you aim to achieve. Ziron is a separate entity entirely, and we do not manage Ziron Sales. As I've tried to explain. It is only becoming evident that both of our times are wasted on business calls, and it has highlighted concerns for us even considering selling you such high-quality equipment given your relations with us is clearly questionable if we cannot have a straight forward business call without your government getting sensitive over money.

I understand the Economic Situation of Brazil is dire, but unfortunately, money does make the world go around so freebies are not something we would consider when it comes to military grade equipment, but nonetheless, we understand your conclusion to the conversation. If, at any point, you would like to re-open negotiations, please do consider your financial limitations or your view on us before committing to the call. Frankly, you've done nothing but insult us when we've been open to negotiating the sale of our equipment, and have shown nothing but respect. Perhaps I'm just confused as to what you even want given the amount of u-turns made. But, thank you for your time today. Hopefully you will reconsider and we will speak soon.", the British Delegate would end the call and resume business like usual.

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear