STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[CONGO] E-Mail to the Office of the British PM

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020

THE FOLLOWING IS SECURE

To: Prime Minister of the UK ( Jamie )

Subject: Monetary solutions

CC:

Greetings. The Congo has previously had very few communications with the UK, and if I recall correctly has never made a formal greeting. Consider this that. We have recently spent much of our income on Hospitals and new shipping routes, leaving little for the road, rail, and agriculture improvements we have planned. In this pursuit, we have come to you to request that you may loan us a sum of money. All of this loan would go toward improving the lives of our citizens, and we will provide you with regular reports of the progress. We will also be willing to pay 15% interest on this loan.

In addition to this, we are also interested in establishing a trade route between our two nations. The Congo has enough freight vessels to handle shipping alone. I am anxious for your response.

Best Regards,
Muhammed Onwudiwe, Chief of the Army, Designated Regent

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM
Security Classification: SECRET

To: Muhammed Onwudiwe, Chief of the Army, Designated Regent Kelly the Mad
Cc: andrew.evans@parliament.uk
Subject: Re: Monetary Solutions

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the office of the Prime Minister, your email has been forwarded to myself due to the Prime Minister participating in other engagements currently but I am more then capable of igniting relations between the United Kingdom and Congolese Empire. I agree that communications have been scarce between both our nations with the only shared involvement was related to the conflict in Turkey; although both the UK and Congo had, unintentionally, bypassed one another during them events.

In relation to your request for a loan, one option may be to use Sparrow Industries who offer loans with an APR through their investments branch. If, however, you would prefer to take this up via the United Kingdom, we would need some reassurances. To begin with, how much you would be looking to loan and what transparency would there be to allow us to see this investment put towards what you had specified; improving the lives of your citizens. We would be keen to also see the current investment you've put into your hospitals and shipping routes in the form of invoices if possible?

Trade Routes are something we could discuss but I suspect that may be better via a phone call or an in-person meeting due to the detains needing to be discussed.

Kindest Regards,
Lawrence

Lawrence Adams | Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs | King Charles Street, London, SW1 |

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020

THE FOLLOWING IS SECURE

To: Prime Minister of the UK ( Jamie )

Subject: Monetary solutions

CC:

For the loan amount, we would be looking for about $15,000,000,000 to be paid off over 8 months. Transparency would be provided in the form of invoices and an offering to host a team from your government in Kinshasa to supervise the handling of the loan and the projects that will sprout from it, hopefully, becoming a long-term delegation as we may look to take out other loans in the future. Our current interests for this loan are the expansion of our freighter fleet, national railways, roadways, and law enforcement departments. All of this construction will also be facilitated by a state-owned company that will help to employ many of our jobless population. This unemployment issue will also be helped by the new railway operation jobs, law enforcement jobs, and maintenance jobs.

As for our already completed efforts, we constructed a number of hospitals over a year ago, and have 50,000 heavily armed police in training. We also have three active trade routes with Thailand, and several with Poland currently going through the approval and allocation process, to begin soon. I would be willing to call over trade details if you are, simply call me whenever you would like. I am available nearly all hours of the day.

Best Regards,
Muhammed Onwudiwe, Chief of the Army, Designated Regent

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
In the hopes of discussing cooperation between the United Kingdom and Congo further and to elaborate on the brief email exchange, the Secretary of State for International Development, Leon Hurst, took to his private office. From there, with a full glass of water and a laptop he picked up the landline and called the number to contact Muhammed Onwudiwe from Congo.
He waited patiently for a few moments in hope of someone answering.

Kelly the Mad

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
After the line was checked and passed down along several lines, it would come to the Regent, who was actively in a car but willing to pick up for such a pressing matter.

"Mr. Secretary, I'm glad you called. Is this to discuss our E-Mails?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Despite been a phone call, Leon nodded in response to the question but made sure to respond verbally too "It's a pleasure to speak to you and yes, the emails were the reason for the call. I thought it best to discuss which would hopefully allow this to progress quicker then waiting for each others emails." he chuckled "I'll be honest, loans are not something the British Government is often, if at all, involved in. We tend to prefer to offer something more material to avoid any spending that isn't in line with the initial intent. However, it's something we're willing to consider for yourselves and see it as an opportunity to increase relations while allowing us to support your infrastructure. I reckon I could make some... hot offers in relation to providing the full loan value of 15 billion and save you paying it all back but that may have to come after. I'd just like to understand the current policies your government has, and more about your Economic Situation. From our latest figures, it's predicting that your government is going to be going further into debt but that's just based on prediction. What is your current Economic situation if you don't mind me asking?"

Kelly the Mad

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
"Currently we are in debt, yes, however, we have adopted a zero-expenditure policy until we recover and are also committed to never allowing ourselves to slip into this situation again- it has crippled our nation's ability to quickly respond to conflicts which may pop up at any time, especially in the volatile African political sphere. As you may know, we are surrounded by politically active countries; Nigeria, Angola, Ethiopia, and other international contesters among them. This loan would serve not only to pull us out of our debt but to facilitate our short-term development as well as long-term, once our revenue stream normalizes. Immediately we are looking to invest into healthcare, which is severely limited across the country, including a nationwide mandatory and state-provided vaccine suite, which would focus primarily on malaria and other major diseases. Currently, the Congo accounts for about 12% of worldwide malaria deaths, and 60% of our hospitalizations are due to malaria. This alone may cost up to 6 billion dollars. Then, we have plans for hospitals across the regional capitals. As well as this we are planning a large trans-national railway to connect the people, a vast expansion of primary and secondary education opportunities, and an expansion of rehabilitative prisons."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Thank you for clarifying further, a loan is definitely something I'm able to offer but I just need to identify the repayments. You mentioned on your original email, 8 months. Is that a realistic amount of time for you? That would be 1,875,000,000 per month.
That would cover the loan off in 8 months but if that's out of the realms of realistic, we can accommodate longer if you'd prefer. We're also not placing any APR so you would only be re-paying back what you borrow."

Kelly the Mad

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
"No APR? Well, good sir, that may be the best offer I could have hoped for. Thank you for this amazing offer. Yes, 8months should be sufficient- once we are out of debt, our profit margins will once again skyrocket. 8 months should be plenty, realistically. If possible, it would be best if we could delay the first payment to be combined with the second payment, to allow our economy time to adjust to the influx of capital wealth."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"This is something we can agree with. So, to summarize:

The United Kingdom will provide a 0% APR loan to the Congolese Empire.
This is to be repaid in 8 monthly payments, with month 1 and 2 combined.

If I arrange for the money to be transferred this month, your first repayment would be due in June which would be your combined payment of month 1 and 2.

Are you happy to go ahead with this?"

Kelly the Mad

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020
"Yes, I think that we have come to an agreement. It's been a pleasure dealing with you sir, and I'm awaiting my opportunity to tell you of all the good this loan will do for my people."

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien