STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Egypt] Suez Canal Authority

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

Suez-Canal-Authority.jpg

Suez Canal Authority (SCA) is a state-owned government entity which controls and operates the Suez Canal, parting from the waterway access on the Mediterranean and Red Sea, under jurisdiction of the Arab Republic of Egypt. The head office is located in Ismaïlia. In Port Said the administration building of the earlier Suez Canal Company is used.​
The SCA, under the Egyptian State, owns the Suez Canal and all areas, buildings and equipment pertaining thereto, while also issuing its Rules of Navigation, fixing the tolls for the use of the canal and collecting them. The tolls are expressed and collected in USD. SCA is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Suez Canal, for the safety of the traffic and for all other matters relating thereto.​
SCA is responsible for the computerized traffic management supported by radar, for the 14 pilot stations and their pilots.​
Its facilities also include 114 ferry connections with 36 ferry boats; the Ahmed Hamdi road tunnel;the Nile Shipyard; the roads alongside the canal; a silk production in a farm at Serabium using treated sanitary waste water for irrigation; water plants in the canal cities; 12,000 housing units; a hospital in Ismailia and emergency hospitals at both ends of the canal; 4 schools and various sports and recreational centers.​

PROCESS

Parties, public and private, interested in making use of the Suez Canal, have to submit the corresponding paperwork in advance, as well as pay the corresponding fees and tariffs to the Government of Egypt through the SCA.

The Arab Republic of Egypt retains the right to deny passage to determined ships, if considered a threat to national security, or contrary to egyptian policies and laws.

FEES AND TARIFFS

CategoryFrequencyCost

Commercial I

One-way crossing - 1 year validity

10 USD * Total gross tonnage of the ship + 50,000.00 USD

Commercial II

Two-ways crossing - 1 year validity

8 USD * Total gross tonnage of the ship + 40,000.00 USD

Commercial III

Unrestricted - 1 year validity

12 USD * Total gross tonnage of the ship + 250,000.00 USD

Military*

One-way crossing - 3 months

10 USD * Total gross tonnage of all ships + 250,000.00 USD

Military*

Two-ways crossing - 3 months

14 USD * Total gross tonnage of all ships + 250,000.00 USD

Humanitarian**

-

12,000.00 USD

Special Agreement***

-

-

* Defined as naval ship that is built and primarily intended for naval warfare, usually they belong to the armed forces of a state. Requires submission of "Naval ships passage form" (see below).
** Hospital ships and cargo vessels carrying exclusively humaniatarian relief cargo and/or personnel.
*** Negotiated through the government of the Arab Republic of Egypt on a bilateral level.

FORMS

Code:
[TABLE][TR][TD]
[CENTER][B][COLOR=LIGHTBLUE]COMMERCIAL PASSAGE FORM[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=rgb(209, 213, 216)][I][SIZE=1]- Privately submitted to the ARoE -[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Type:[/COLOR][/B] Commercial I / Commercial II / Commercial III
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Vessel Name:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT NAME HERE-
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Gross total tonange:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT TONNAGE HERE-
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Declared cargo:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT CARGO HERE-
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Port of Departure:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT DESPARTURE HERE-
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Port of destination:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT DESTINATION HERE-
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Frequency:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT FREQUENCY HERE-

[I]For official use only:[/I]

[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)][B]Total USD to be transfered:[/B][/COLOR][B] __________
[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]Permit valid until: [/COLOR][B]__________[/B][/B]
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Code:
[TABLE][TR][TD]
[CENTER][B][COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]MILITARY PASSAGE FORM[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR=rgb(209, 213, 216)][I][SIZE=1]- Privately submitted to the ARoE -[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR]
[/CENTER]
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Type:[/COLOR][/B] Military I - Military II
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Nationality:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT NATIONALITY HERE-
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]List of Vessels:[/COLOR][/B]
1) NAME - TYPE - TONNAGE
2) NAME - TYPE - TONNAGE
3) NAME - TYPE - TONNAGE
4) NAME - TYPE - TONNAGE
5) NAME - TYPE - TONNAGE
6) NAME - TYPE - TONNAGE
7) NAME - TYPE - TONNAGE

[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Dangerous cargo?:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT HERE-

[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Port of Departure:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT DESPARTURE HERE-
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Port/Area of destination:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT DESTINATION HERE-

[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)][B]Total USD to be transfered:[/B][/COLOR][B] __________
[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]Permit valid until: [/COLOR]__________[/B]
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

Code:
[TABLE][TR][TD]
[CENTER][B][COLOR=rgb(11, 102, 35)]HUMANITARIAN PASSAGE FORM[/COLOR][/B]

[/CENTER]
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Type:[/COLOR][/B] Humanitarian
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Nationality:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT NATIONALITY HERE-
[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]List of Vessels:[/COLOR][/B]
1) NAME - TONNAGE
2) NAME - TONNAGE

[B][COLOR=rgb(204, 204, 204)]Port/Area of destination:[/COLOR][/B] -INSERT DESTINATION HERE-

[COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)][B]Total USD to be transfered:[/B][/COLOR][B] [/B]12,000.00 USD
[B][COLOR=rgb(41, 105, 176)]Permit valid until: [/COLOR]__________[/B]
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

MILITARY PASSAGE FORM
- Privately submitted to the ARoE -
Type: Military II
Nationality: United States of America
List of Vessels:
1) USS Dwight D. Eisenhower - Nimitz-class - 101,600 long tons (113,800 short tons)
2) USS San Jacinto - Ticonderoga-class - 9,600 Long tons (10,752 short tons)
3) USS Mason - Arleigh Burke-class - 9,100 Long tons (10,192 short tons)
4) USS Barry - Arleigh Burke-class - 8,184 long tons (9166 short Tons)
5) USS Jacksonville - Los Angeles-class - 6,149 long tons (6,886 short tons)
6) USNS Supply - Supply-class - 48,800 long tons (54,656 short tons)

Dangerous cargo?: Explosives

Port of Departure: Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia
Port/Area of destination: Persian Gulf

For official use only:

Total USD to be transfered: __________
Permit valid until: __________

@Naio90

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

suezCanal200.png

- Private -

Message to: Corresponding authorities of the United States of America

To whom it might concern,
We have recently received your formal request to make use of our Suez Canal and are thankful for your consideration. Given the current global and regional circumstances, as indicated by the espacial protocol established by the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt, we have submitted your request for political review at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Sadly, due to political circumstances related to the nations neutral position on the ongoing crisis, and given the data you provided strongly indicates the relation between your military fleet and said events, we have to reject your request due to national security reasons.

We apologize for the inconveniences and hope to see you back under more normal circumstances.

Kind regards,

Administrative Board
of the Suez Canal AUthority

@John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89