STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Ethiopia] The Story of Amadi. Journal Entry March 1995

bubba_teh_writer

The Ethiopian Federation
Oct 20, 2019
It isn't easy living as a young man in Addis Ababa during 1995. It is so hard to find employment for my father. The prospects for jobs are non existent, the streets being filled with the poor and helpless. I am just a young man in a family of eight, which makes it even harder to feed a family like ours. Now imagine a sea of starving people who want to look for a job to feed their starving children that have the exact same thoughts as me. I feel hopeless as I live in a nation so wrought with corruption and the most unspeakable of crime. It's a zone of death and destruction where people lay dead in the streets for hours, completely ignored by the outside world. The worst part is the rest of the world looks at Ethiopia as a lost cause, as a land that will never recover like the nations of Asia did so long ago. I am truly scared about the future of my old homeland and the potential destruction of my homeland from the inside. I hate all of them, I hate my government, I hate the world I live in, and I hate whoever put me in this damned country. The past elections last month doesn't matter in the slightest. The talk about anti=corruption will just lead to more corruption. My grand dad tells me every time there's a new prime minister that this will be the time for change. Then the PM just fills his pockets as usual.

"This guy looks promising, I think he can at least change some laws so we can live a little more comfortable."

"I hope this guy will do the trick. I hate being stuck here."

And it's all the same thing. Perhaps prime minister Zenawi will be the one. I do like his talk, but it all feels so empty to me. Every time I walk in the street I see the dead and starving. Yonas hasn't been able to hang out with me in three weeks because he had to work on the field to feed his family. A kid as young as 14 has to grow crops for himself just to survive. I remember the last words he said to me before he started the endless loop of working himself to death. "Give me a week, it wont be long. we'll explore the woods together when I come back. I heard there was some crazy shit in there." I eagerly waited to meet him again, but again never came. I don't know if I will see Yonas again, he has a borderline full time job to work for his family, but it still doesn't seem like he even has interest outside of that anymore.

I do have some happy memories over this past month. My 15th birthday has commence with a light celebration. Our income is poor, but I still think that the small party that we did have was worth it. Especially with eight other birthdays that we do have. I met this girl I like, Mariam. She is so skinny from the lack of food, but I love to talk to her! It is a conversation a day about the state of the country and the condition of the people. We feel passionate about the future of our doomed nation, but it does seem she has taken an interest in the current Prime Minister. She actually thinks he'll be a good step forward. She thinks he will be a leader that Ethiopia needs.

"I think that Zenawi will actually change this place. Just imagine it Amadi! Just imagine a world where we can live with our family in peace! Clean streets, just like they have in America or Japan. Maybe even schooling! It makes me happy for the future dude."

I really do want to feel her enthusiasm, but it is hard to when you feel betrayed by the government over and over again.

But Rodrick decided he should have a good "older brother" moment with me and take me on a trip through the city. It was a nice trip, even if there were fears of losing a few hundred Birrs. It was nice, and I still feel Rodrick understands me in a way my other siblings don't.

"We'll make it through this bro. You're smart. I know you'll make it through this. I knew a kid that died because he stole someone's bread."

I guess I understand It isn't easy to get an item like bread now a days, but you cant help but feel his struggle.

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear