STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[FRA] Meeting with Germany, Turkey, and Chile

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Representative Stefanus van der Laar would greet each of the other delegations with a warm smile and a friendly handshake before taking his place. He'd wait for the meeting to begin.

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
@Dutchy @Retroliser @RedHood02

After it was eventually found that the Irish would not be making it to the meeting, Karsten Jürke whispered the news to the Kaiser as he waited. Nodding in understanding, Georg gave a hefty sigh, rather annoyed on the matter. He turned around to the group and took his seat, clearing his throat as he did.

"So...I think that we are the only ones who are here for this meeting. I would, firstly, like to thank each and every one of you for coming. That being said, I wish to bring forward Germany's primary reasons for leaving the Global Assembly with the assistance of Miss Nahles. Afterwards, we will allow others to speak of why they had left, and what each nation plans on doing with its newfound independence." The Kaiser turned to Andrea and gave her a quick nod before she stood up.

"The issue of leaving the Global Assembly, for Germany, was not one that was spontaneous. It was already planned that we would eventually leave the Global Assembly, due to the ineffectiveness of the organization's General Secretariat in reigning in members of the Assembly that were actively seeking to start conflicts, such as the Nigerian delegation to the German and Ottoman delegations. While such ineffectiveness on handling badly-behaving delegations on the General Assembly floor, with little to no support from the International Community present to cease such actions, was a primary motivator, another, more significant one is how the Assembly, and by extension the International Court, had handled the immense amount of cases levied against the Brazilian government, and the significant crises that they have caused as of late." Chancellor Nahles then gestured to Minister Jürke to hand her a set of documents, several copies of which were handed to the various people around the room.

"These are public and government-verified documents of all of Brazil's actions, statements, or otherwise crass and crude behavior on the International Stage. Note that almost every single time Brazil so much as made a statement regarding Taiwan or France, conflict would erupt and Argentina, the loyal lapdog that it is, almost always came to bail it out of the trouble that it had caused in the first place, either with threats of sanctions or outright warfare. What did the Global Assembly do or request nations to do regarding a highly aggressive, politically-volatile nation that did nothing constructive and only served to increase world tensions on at least 3 separate occasions? Nothing...it chose to sit back and do nothing." Chancellor Nahles looked around the room before the Kaiser continued on in her stead, his eyes twinkling with a passion regarding his opinion on the Global Assembly, and why Germany had every right to be upset, and to leave.

"Ignoring complaints from multiple nations against another, cases that still have yet to give a clear-cut resolution to the problems at hand, a lack of care by the International Community in the events taking place with South America or other ill-behaved nations, and, in my own opinion, a lack of proper means of executing punishments or investigations in accordance with its own laws had left my government wishing to leave the Global Assembly...in all honesty, I did not wish to leave, but wished to seek on how to improve it...that was, I did not wish to leave until the situation with Brazil started getting more and more out of control as they believed that they could do whatever the Hell they wanted simply 'because they can'. The Global Assembly had one job: Maintain international peace and security...I dare say that they have failed at this juncture multiple times, unable to reign in belligerents...and I dare say that it is the General Secretariat's fault, just as much as the International Community's fault, that affirmative actions that could've been taken weren't taken, that requests and statements were ignored or not taken seriously, and that it has proven itself an ineffective governing body with plenty of problems and loopholes in its legislation that could be easily abused by International Community, simply because the General Secretariat did not care. Any questions on our reasons, comments to make? If not, we'll move onto Mr. Hakim Usta."

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald @Dutchy @RedHood02
"The reasons regarding why Turkey withdrew from The Global Assembly are very simple, in comparison to The Germans," Hakim remarked. "Sovereignty. When the Minority Languages, and Financial Services, Resolutions were put forward for consideration, the fact that it was possible for The Global assembly to exert overarching legal authority over its members with a mere simple majority vote... Alarmed The Ottoman Government. The fact that Turkey, and any other dissenting nation, would be legally obliged to follow something that it did not give consent to was outrageous. While it was lucky that the Financial Services Resolution lost by one vote, one may not be so fortunate next time. As such, it was in our best interests to depart as soon as possible, to protect not just our interests, but our sovereignty and independence."

RedHood02

Workers' Federation Of Chile
Feb 24, 2019
"Those are some... pretty good reasons."Commented Selesnyov before turning towards Mr. Hakim and the Kaiser. "Sirs, if none of you mind, we'll like to state the reasons of our departure."

@NagandEmerald @Dutchy @Retroliser

Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Madam, the Global Assembly is a new organisation, inexperienced, lacking rules and procedures. While I can agree with you on the position of it being ineffective, I believe you may be listing the wrong reasons. The Global Assembly is a platform for all nations to stand by each other as equals, every voice carrying the same influence. The General Secretariat, is there to ensure the appropriate topics are brought to discussion, not to limit our freedom of speech, to enforce a censure on the opinions of nations. If discussions within the Global Assembly lead to conflict it is because neither side is willing to be the better man. In regards to Brazil then it is clear that they're administration does not act within the normal boundaries of politics and could simply be described as childish and those in conflict because of a session in the Global Assembly can only blame themselves for lowering their own standards to meet that of Brazil. This cannot be attributed to the Secretary General because it is our decision to speak the words that lead to conflict."

Stefanus took a breath before continuing, "the actions of Brazil administration were volatile, aggressive and unworthy of representing its people. You blame the Global Assembly for it's inaction, yet Germany is a member of the Global Assembly and then just as much in the wrong. The inaction of the Assembly can only be attributed to the member states' unwillingness to respond on an international platform, instead many choose action on a national level naming Brazilian diplomatic missions as 'Persona Non Grata'. The failings of the Global Assembly are our failings, because we are the Global Assembly. Where we failed to keep international peace and security it is because we didn't bring that to discussion."

"We must recognise that it is our duty to improve the organisation and not look to play the blame game. I make a simple request to give your arguments a deeper thought and consider to work alongside us to improve the organisation, work with us to deliver a resolution on proper diplomatic etiquette, on a procedure for debates and to create a protocol upon which the International Court of Justice can operate."

"The question over sovereignty is a personal one, some nations will seek to keep their powers to themselves while others wish to work together to tackle international problems. We have no issue with the wish for maintaining the sovereignty and independence of the Turkish nation. What I can conclude is that the Turkish seek sovereignty while the Germans wish to hand the General Secretariat more powers to act effectively to international crises. The Netherlands will offer Germany the opportunity to work together to create a solid foundation for the Global Assembly to work on."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018

Chancellor Nahles only chose to roll her eyes in relative annoyance, but began to counter Stefanus' statement.

"Considering that it was Germany and France that took the most decisive action against the Brazilian government, by not only dealing with them on the national level, but bringing them to the International Court — which still has a muddled and confusing set of punishments for Brazil that we don't even know — with little to no support from other members of the international community, I would say that we were not at all at fault. By the very logic you present, is it all of our faults that the Brazilian government is ruled by a dictator hellbent on starting petty conflicts, increasing world tensions, and acting childish in the face of not getting what it wants? How about it being our faults that other nations stoop so low as to throw insults for the sake of throwing insults? It may be young, but that does not excuse its ineffectiveness and ignorance for nations' concerns, especially in how they are treated, not as equals, but as opponents." She crossed her arms and looked to the Kaiser to continue for her.

"I'm sorry," he began, twirling a pencil within his fingers as he did, "But my government does not see the organization as fit to govern over German interests, when Germany's own concerns aren't treated as equal and they are still seen as 'that one nation who killed 6-million Jews' nearly 70 years after the fact. If you want us to remain in the Global Assembly, that's fine...but the organization itself is going to have to make accommodations for the way that Germany has been treated on the International Stage like some mongrel or animal for a war that happened over 70 years ago, while nations like Brazil get away with what they are doing." Georg only took a moment to take a sip from a glass of water handed to him by a secretary of the Volkspalast before continuing.

"We have given months of thinking on what we should do, and after the incidents with Brazil, where the International Community, and the Global Assembly by extension has either done nothing or the bare minimum, we cannot, in good conscience, remain with an organization so inept as to ignore legitimate criticisms levied against it for its own treatment on the Assembly floor, as well as only slap a dictatorship like Brazil on the wrist for starting wars of aggression and deliberately causing conflict."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
Hakim took the opportunity to jump in, once The Kaiser had finished.

"That is why Germany and Turkey have launched an alternative, The Iron Ring. In contrast to The Global Assembly, it has a definite structure and procedure regarding the creation of diplomatic instruments, while also protecting its members sovereignty. Suffice to say, we are confident that we can achieve more through this particular model."

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
Once again Selesnyov spoke. Though this time every ounce of warmth was gone from his voice. This, and given the face of the Chairman and Congressman, meant that the envoy was not pleased at the interruption.
"Gentlemen, like i stated before i'll like to give the reasons of our departure. I expected to be given permission, but since Mr Van Der Laar was to eager to defend the Global Assembly without even knowing the reasons of one of the leaving countries. I'll simply speak." He took a sip from a nearby glass of water before continuing. "The exit of our country may seem unexpected, given that we haven't been affected by the ineffectiveness of this young organization. But given the... Nature of our government, after the rise to power we decided to cut down any existing ties, thus the embassies closing down, and the decision was in fact taken even before this whole ordeal even began. But the thing is, what truly sealed the deal of us leaving was, as with the turkish, the Financial Servicrs resolution. Chile was a colony once, we will not, by any means, adhere to any organization which allows proposings, that basically are neocolonialist ones, to even be addressed and taken into consideration. Sorry if i'm repeating myself, but, like i said, we were a colony once, we will never be a neocolony."

@NagandEmerald @Retroliser @Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Turning towards the Chilean delegation van der Laar responded, "Minister, I was merely responding to the position Germany and Turkey had taken, both had made valid arguments I wished to respond to before the opportunity disappeared."

Looking back at Chancellor Nahles, "We all play an indirect part in global events. Our actions can be of consequence as we have seen in the aftermath of the situation at the Brazilian Embassy in Germany, if we do not stand straight and keep the calm things can spiral out of control. In terms of accommodations, would you mind explaining what you wish to see done?"

Lastly he responded to the Turk, "I am not aware of this 'Iron Ring'. Would you mind informing me of the particulars organisation? My only worry is that such a similar organisation will cause tension and conflict where the interests of each organisation differs which will be followed by denunciations of each others actions."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018

"Now listen Stefanus," Andrea stated with a warning in her tone, "I do not know what it is you have heard, but we were following the law with the incident with the Embassy in Brazil. That much was made absolutely clear by the judges of the International Court. We can play the blame game all we wish, but whose duty is it to ultimately keep dictatorships and petulant children in line; it is the Global Assembly's, not ours! We should not have to beg and come crawling to anyone to —" the Kaiser, seeing the Chancellor getting worked up about the case, placed a hand on her shoulder and gave her a glare that already told her that she was beginning to overstep. He then turned to Stefanus and cleared his throat to explain, perhaps a little more calmly.

"While we all do play an indirect part, Chancellor Nahles is right in that we should not be to blame for the actions of a child who does not know how to play nice. We were following International Law to the letter; yes, I did not expect the man in charge of the Interior Ministry at the time to be so heavy-handed in arresting the diplomats, but we were ultimately well within our right — as was dictated by international law — to arrest said diplomats for not complying with our public 48 hour notice. Regardless of who was to blame in that incident, we followed the law, and Brazil's diplomats threw a tantrum that nearly sparked a global conflict; this is not the first time it has happened either, and the Global Assembly still only chooses to slap them on the wrist." The Kaiser took another sip of water, eyeing Stefan with a quizzical gaze.

"Regarding what accommodations I would like to see if we were to ever return to the Assembly under any circumstances, I would absolutely hope that there be a clause somewhere that the ambassadors are merely taking legislation back to their nation to be debated on by their own governments. If a nation does not consent to decisions that ambassadors on the global stage make, they should not even be considered at all. Any resolution, any law that is passed through the Assembly should be sent to a nation's legislature to be discussed, debated, and voted upon, instead of simply put into effect with a simple majority vote. Secondly, I would prefer there to be an arbitrator of some kind present on the Assembly Floor at each and every resolution to keep those who would seek to start a conflict between nations' ambassadors in order. There is a certain point where it is deliberate aggression to spark a reaction from another party that, in my opinion, leads to a straining of relations. My Foreign Minister still awaits word from the General Secretariat on an incident that took place during such a resolution, where the Nigerian delegation flat out accused the German Reich and Ottoman-Turkish delegations as being regular violators of human rights! The last I recall German human rights were actually violated was under the regime that started the Battle of Europe, and prior to that, World War 2!" His Majesty proceeded to take a moment to breathe, taking in a sip of water to cool off, before continuing again.

"Finally, as another accommodation, I would want the Secretariat to take its job seriously and actually look at the resolutions that are being proposed; considering the last two resolutions seemed intent on stripping away the sovereignty and independence of nations, and forming them into a world government, I would be surprised if I was to know that they were actually looked at by either the International Court or the Secretariat in order to deem them legitimate for discussion and debate on the international scale. This is an organization meant for maintaining peace, not putting forwards bills that limit a nation's capabilities in what it can do simply because one nation requested that everyone follow its ideal of a perfect resolution."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald @RedHood02 @Dutchy
"To be perfectly fair, German did announce the revocation of Brazilian diplomatic privileges within German borders on public television, if I recall correctly," Hakim mused. "So, one wonders whether Brazil really was 'unaware' of the fact they had been declared persona-non-grata. However, that's neither here, nor there, this particular saga has ended horribly for all sides, and it's left a number of people very bitter at how it's been handled by the organisation dedicated to keeping the peace.

Regardless, to answer your query regarding what 'The Iron Ring' is, it is an international organisation based in Munich that dedicates itself to cooperation and security of the sovereignty of its members."

The Turk reached into his jacket and retrieved an envelope.

"I've brought with me a copy of our founding document which, while small and simple, is a solid basis for crafting an international organisation that can be as integrated as the individual members wish it to be, without infringing on their sovereignty."

He opened the envelope and presented two pieces of paper.

International Cooperation Accord
Recognising the need for mechanisms that enable easier cooperation and communication than the orthodox method of utilising ones diplomatic missions situated within other nations, His Imperial and Royal Majesty, The German Emperor & King of Prussia, and His Imperial Majesty, Sultan Süleyman III, henceforth referred to as Germany and Turkey respectively, have agreed to the following framework that will create the aforementioned mechanisms with that common purpose in mind. As such, Germany and Turkey, through properly accredited diplomat officials, have agreed to the following terms:
  1. The signatories of this document will remain in permanent contact with each other, in order to come to ensure ease of communication regarding common interests.
  2. A location will be selected on by the signatories that will be the agreed location for all meetings of the signatories, or delegates, engaging in matters mentioned in Article 1.
    1. In the event that no single location can be agreed on by all parties, each signatory may select a location within their own borders that will be utilised as a meeting place the other signatories, or their delegates, will use in the event that the host country requires the attention of the others. The official meeting place under this arrangement will rotate on a bi-annual basis in alphabetical order derived from the locations name.
  3. In the event that the interests of a signatory are threatened by foreign or international influences, they can consult the remaining signatories regarding measures that will be enacted to protect the aforementioned interests as a unified group.
  4. Any amendment to the obligations and text of this document may only occur if all signatories at the time of the amendment being suggested agree unanimously.
  5. Signatories may craft optional protocols, which supplement the relationship created by this document.
    1. All protocols crafted as a result of Article 5 must have the option for adherents to freely withdraw from them.
  6. Nations not mentioned in the preamble may be permitted to become official adherents, making them equal to the original signatories, to the terms written in this document with the unanimous consent of the current signatories at the time of the request.
Draft Protocol
Foreword
In accordance with Article 5 of The International Cooperation Accord, X, in the spirit of the aforementioned treaty, seeks to put forward this protocol for consideration by other members.

Preamble
(Insert Preamble)

The signatories have agreed the following:
  1. In accordance with Article 5, Subsection 1, of The International Cooperation Accord, any signatory may, at any time after informing the other signatories of their decision, withdraw from the obligations in this protocol.
  2. Signatories of The International Cooperation Accord who, at the time of this protocol's creation, chose to refrain from acceding to its obligations, or were not a signatory to the aforementioned accord, are permitted to become signatories with the unanimous consent of those bound by this protocol.
  3. Any amendment to the obligations and text of this document may only occur if all signatories at the time of the amendment being suggested agree unanimously.
  4. (Insert Article)

"Here for you to read is a copy of the founding document, The International Cooperation Accord. This stipulates that the nations who accede to it will be obliged to listen to calls for assistance made by other members. Now, when I say 'listen', that is meant in the literal sense. Members, while required to listen, are not obliged to actually act, if they do not wish to do so. In addition, there is the ability to craft optional protocols. The second paper I have given is a draft template for such a protocol. To protect the sovereignty of members, they have the option to opt in, or out, of these protocols as they see fit, since every nation has its own unique problems that require equally unique approaches. One size does not fit all. Also, when being created, members can opt out of being involved in the creation of a protocol, meaning that when it comes into force, they are not bound by those obligations.

Finally, the founding document itself can be amended, with unanimous consent, since this is the base document that all members of The Iron Ring are party to, it is the equivalent of universal international law. Everyone must abide by the basic document, no matter how detached they are from the optional protocols."

Hakim quickly retrieved a pencil from his pocket and began scribbling a diagram on the envelope.

Envelope.png

"Hopefully, this collection of Venn diagrams illustrates my point for everyone present," Hakim remarked. "The Iron Ring can allow its members to pick and choose the parameters of the relationship it wants on the international stage via the protocols, but every member has those basic tenets they all abide by, which aid in cooperation and dialogue."

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
Translating back to the Chairman and Congressman, Selesnyov barely stopped talking when the Chairman gave him a new order. The Chilean envoy, as of now, would simply sit back and listen, Selesnyov obviously translating everything to Spanish, until they were talked to.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Representative would take a diplomatic tone as he understood there had been a misunderstanding, "Chancellor, Mr Hakim, the Netherlands fully stand behind the fact that the German Government gave did inform Brazil they had been declared 'Persona Non Grata'. What I am trying to say, and what you have just said, is that the situation could have been handled differently and it may have attributed to the current crisis. When we're facing an authoritarian state hell bent on military might, then challenging the with a large military force will escalate the situation. The men and women guarding the embassy will see it as their patriotic duty to defend it to the last man and have been brainwashed to think they would become martyrs. This is what I mean when we all play our part in the escalation, by approaching the situation diplomatically they'll be on the back foot, where the military intervention puts you both in a more negative light."

"What I'm trying to do is offer you the Dutch point of view on the situation. By analysing both future escalation might be averted which is the aim of the Dutch government, to promote dialogue over violence."

"Mr Hakim, so the Iron Ring is a......military organisation......or common interest grouping, with an optional mutual defence treaty?"

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@Dutchy
"It is a conduit for dialogue, sir," Hakim corrected. "If a group of people wished to use The Iron Ring as a means to create a mutual defence protocol, then they are more than welcome to do so, however it is an initiative that won't be forced upon those who do not wish to be party to it. If you wished to put forward a free trade protocol, the same applies, those who want it can support its creation, those who aren't interested can remain outside of it.

The one overarching idea that unites all within The Iron Ring is that they have the ability to talk to each other, and will listen."

Last edited:

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018

"Regardless," the Kaiser mused, "At least it is understood 'why' we left the Global Assembly. However, I would also like to know what other countries plan to do in the wake of us leaving. Do you plan to cut off diplomatic ties? Eye us with concern and, perhaps, paranoid delusions that we will seek imperialistic goals? I want to know the plan for at least one state to the rest of us."

RedHood02

Feb 24, 2019
Selesnyov raised his eyebrows at the musings of the Kaiser. That seemed a little too close at home. Paying him no mind, he asked the question to the Chairman who replied without hesitation. Nodding in understanding, Selesnyov translated.
"Well, as for us, we plan to use the 'Live and Let live policy, as long as our sovereignty over our people is respected, we will be willing to trade and cooperate with any country that wish to do so." Coughing uncomfortably, he switched to German by orders of the Chairman. "Ihr Majestät, nach diesem Treffen möchte der Vorsitzende allein mit Ihnen sprechen, obwohl ich anwesend bin, da er kein Englisch spricht, um einige äußerst wichtige Angelegenheiten bezüglich der zukünftigen Beziehung zwischen unseren Nationen zu diskutieren."

His Majesty, after this meeting is over the Chairman wishes to speak with you alone, although i'll be present given that he doesn't speak English, to discuss some... extremely important matters regarding the future relationship between our nations.

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@RedHood02 @Dutchy

The Kaiser turned over to Selesnyov with a raised brow, gesturing over to the Dutch representative before clarrifying his question.

"The question was more or less for the Dutch representative here, and what they would be doing. As for your request, I will consult with Chancellor Nahles after this session," he remarked, turning back to Stefanus with an accusatory gaze.

"So, Stefanus...what does the Netherlands plan to do regarding nations that have left the Global Assembly for their foreign policy?"

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Our standard foreign policy will continue to apply, the Netherlands does not discriminate between nations who are and aren't members of the Global Assembly. However, my government is more likely to have deeper levels of cooperation between nations that are members of the Global Assembly."

"Will your government continue upholding resolutions of international law agreed upon by the Global Assembly, such as the 'Resolution for International Relations'? If not, using the Resolution for Strategic Arms Limitation and Tabulation' as an example', if hypothetically your government were to decide produce chemical or biological weapons, this may be something that could cause an increase global tensions "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien