STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

REJECTED [GA] Emergency Resolution Occupation of South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
MOGLOBAL ASSEMBLY ANNOUNCEMENT
MOBY THE SECRETARY GENERAL

We're entering these negotiations at a time where global relations are severely strained. We do not intend to focus the atmosphere; rather we intend to begin the process with optimism that we share a mutual goal of solving one of the problems that may have created this tension. In this spirit, the South Korean Ambassador, Oh Joon will be addressing their concerns shortly. We shall conduct these negotiations with a pacing that gives appropriate attention to each of these issues, and as Secretary General, I stand ready to assist in all ways necessary to achieve a fair settlement.

Jay

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Ambassador Ostop Antonovych Ilchuk had stumbled out of bed, down the six flights of stairs to the ground floor of his apartment building, and--after no success hailing a cab--would book it on foot to the general assembly building.

A deep, internal dred usually overtook Ostop at these GA sessions. He just wasn't that good at... well, at interacting with people. He often had dreams wherein he was giving a speech to the assembly, only to realize that he had forgotten every article of clothing that morning except for his crisp, white underwear. Today, in the real work, something worse had occured. Rather than showing up in nothing but his briefs, Ostop had shown up with everything but his briefcase. No time for it now. He cursed his perpetual tardiness.

Ostop slunk through the door as silently as he could, not wanting to interupt Mr. Secretery General Stone's oration. He would give a red-faced nod to the American delegation (Odinson )--who's email had emberassingly reminded him of today's GA proceedings--and would quietly take his seat. The coffee on his desk suprised him. He would glance at the Polish delegation (ManBear ) and raise the cup with a small smile.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The German Representative to the Global Assembly, upon receiving notification that the Assembly was to begin a session to discuss the emergency resolution quietly entered the chamber. As the Representative moved to his seat he whispered pleasantries to the other dignitaries as he passed them.

Once he had taken his seat the representative read through the transcripts of any previous speakers, before opening his folder which contained the draft resolution. He took out his reading glasses before quickly scanning the various aspects of the resolution, nodding and shaking his head as he went over certain sections of the resolution.

Last edited:

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Oh Joon: “Thank you Secretary General, respected members of the global assembly,

I would like to begin by expressing my thanks for the special effort that each of you made to be here today. This is an important session as expedited in its emergency status and the situation in South Africa. I want to begin my speech by wishing for all parties today, to recognize the significant impact of the Swedish occupation of South Africa. We call this session ever so aware of the growing neglect of the Global Assembly by its member states in their unilateral actions. Since the collapse of the United Nations, the promulgation of the Global Assembly as its successor undertones the continued responsibility of this assembly to hold onto the legacy and essence of its predecessor.

Before the United Nations, Western Imperial Powers and Japan acted with impunity. They invaded and carved up the globe. Korea like many members of this chamber was victim to the brutal terms of colonization by Japan. It was victim to the brutal terms of partition by foreign powers. It was a victim to the trends of history which all the countries in the Global South are all but accustomed to.

Yes. The Global Assembly is not perfect. Nor is it without its flaws. There are significant issues that run deep to the experiences of our fathers in the collapse of the United Nations. Yet, in the Global Assembly we have found solace in the continued fact that no State, big or small, powerful or weak, may take advantage and trample another. We are embedded with a sense of purpose to our global community. This sense of community is the spark that brought our peoples together when Spain was the victim of ravaging wildfires. It was this sense of community that put pain in our hearts when the United States was attacked in vicious acts of terror. It was this sense of community that we came together and pooled $7 billion to help ease the suffering of the Russian people. This sense of community that Korea strives to embody in its foreign policy. We embody it in how we engage with our partners, we embody it in how we reach out to new partners, and we embody it in our goals for a dignified life for all of humanity.

It is in this chambers that no nation is superior to another. No matter how much wealth they have. No matter how much power they wield. Every nation is a sovereign equal. We are all carry one vote, and no one vote is stronger than the next. It is under this understanding that we come before the chambers with this emergency resolution over the unilateral actions of Sweden. Korea can not, as a colonized nation, accept the colonization of another people by a foreign power. Nearly four decades of colonial rule by Japan has engrained the Korean psyche with a shared sense of pain and trauma with the colonized world.

The purpose of this resolution is clear. It is to condemn the unilateral actions of Sweden. It is to condemn the colonial actions of Sweden. It is to reaffirm our collective commitment to multilateral cooperation. It is our promise to avoid the crimes of the 19th and 20th century against the global community. It outlines a comprehensive plan for the peaceful withdrawal of Sweden and appointment of a multinational peacekeeping force to maintain peace and transition South Africa into a state of peace. The resolution recognizes the rights of the South African people to administer their own affairs and that they alone have the right to appoint their political and communal leaders, not a foreign power. It authorizes through a legal mandate said peacekeeping mission. This resolution ensures that the right for self-determination by the South African people is protected and a guiding principle of engagement.

Sweden’s actions constitute a breach of international law through its unilateral actions in bypassing the Global Assembly and using force as a means to absolve their disputes. Such actions can not be condoned. Sweden has no legal basis to impose its ideological values onto the people of South Africa. It violates its obligations as an occupying power and the rights endowed upon the occupied. Sweden must throughout its occupation respect the laws of the occupier in this regard. Regardless of the contents of this resolution, such laws are apart of the Global Assembly Charter. We call on Sweden to fulfill its commitments under international law and withdraw its appointed governor-general and its military forces and cooperate with a global assembly task force in the utmost of urgency.

I have no doubt, that eventually, we will overcome this challenge. I hope that this council has shown in the past. It can come together to condemn unilateral actions of war and conquest. Just as the chambers has done when Romania and any other nation that uses conquest as a means to achieve their goals. This chamber must act to maintain the fabric of its purpose. That no state is beyond international law. Just as Iraq was condemned for its invasion and occupation of Kuwait. Just as Romania was condemned for its invasion and attempted occupation of Moldova. So too must Sweden be condemned for its occupation and invasion. We must agree on basic facts. Today, Sweden is an occupying power in South Africa. This must be the basic premise upon which we all discuss and base our positions, whether in the opposition or in affirmation.

I look forward to your collective feedback and put my faith in the due process of all states before this assembly.

Thank you all

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
Representative Aytug would nod silently and prepare to mention the Israeli and Thai Involvement After a long silence because for some reason the Swedish Representative was not presenting his opening argument.
Representative Plümer Aytug of the Republic of Turkey would speak In English.

“This all sounds most interesting Representative Joon, from what I’ve heard so far this Sounds very black and white, Sweden has Invaded South Africa, Breaking International Law, additionally they have occupied a majority of the South African Republic and Annexed the government but the proposal here is to send peacekeepers into South Africa in order to, well, maintain the peace and send off the Swedish Occupiers. I would like to offer an amendment to this, from what the Turkish Intelligence Force and just standard media we have learned of the participation of at least the State of Israel and the Thai Government, we would ask that these two nations be included due to the clear information gathered that they for whatever confidential reason are assisting in the Invasion. Furthermore we have not heard in any official statement by the Israeli or Thai government that they have their own troops in South African Soil, which Is a violation of GA International law obviously. To get to the point I suggest that a condemnation of the Thai Government and the Israeli government should also be included and that a harsher punishment be enacted against the aggressor, Sweden. The invasion was completely unprovoked and the South African Government even tried for peace but that Sweden did not respond and instead decided to invade. This sounds like What you said Representative Joon, the colonists are back and this is completely unacceptable and shouldn’t continue. Would this amendment be possible, I can go into more depth if you’d like?
Jay
Connor

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Marc darts his eyes to the Turkish Ambassador, surprised by his disrespect to the chamber having spoken his opinion prior to Sweden presenting their opening statement. Nonetheless Marc leans into his microphone, ignoring the unsolicited comments from the Turkish, and makes some brief opening remarks.

"First allow me to thank the representatives here today, many of whom I have had a prolonged relationship with and we have worked together to make a real difference in the Global Assembly over the years. One this is for certain however, that many of those here today and young in service or at least young in their careers representing their nations in the Global Assembly in matters particularly pertaining to the sovereignty of land which has, on many occasions, been a complex situation to come to agree on. The Resolution on Antarctica, which I will come to shortly, is a catalyst of this debate.

Throughout the time this chamber is in session you will hear accusations, buzz words and character assassination by the presenting states; the United States of America and South Korea as well as their close partners. Do not allow their selected choice of key words: 'colonisation', 'unlawful' and 'international law', to sway your judgement over the fact of the matter. Do not allow yourselves to be manipulated by carefully constructed statements, non-evidential attacks and lies to pull you closer to disrupting the continued development of South Africa.

Resolution on Antarctica, the first resolution ever to grace the desk of the Secretariat involving a non-Global Assembly member state, was revolutionary in the control of territorial claims during a grey area between wartime and peacetime. Within this session it was made abundantly clear by the Secretariat that the Global Assembly does not possess the power to remove, control or reassign sovereignty of any land. It goes without saying that this includes the use of powers and policies to undermine this fundamental rule. What does that mean? Well, it means this resolution in it's current form is unlawful and violates the very existence of the Global Assembly and what it stands for, it violates the firm line between moral, ethical and legislature decisions of which this assembly was formed to create and in fact makes use of a resolution, the Resolution for Peacekeeping, in a capacity for which it was not intended. South Africa is at peace. Sweden is in South Africa with the permission of the incumbent government and the people. No individual, no government, no state, no body or organisation has the power or the right to say that their right to choose is the wrong decision to make. Under any circumstances. Infact, it sets a dangerous precedent.

So, before I go into the complexities of the situation in South Africa and defend the actions of Sweden. I must call on the Secretary General and the presenting nations of South Korea and the United States of America, respectfully, to withdraw the resolution in its current form on the basis that the presented matter is unlawful in its very nature. The chamber does not have the power to remove a nations sovereignty and the use of the Resolution on Peacekeeping in this form is a violation of its existence and undermines the resolution for the situations it was intended for; war. Sweden and South Africa are working on an agreed basis in peacetime.

Let me be absolutely clear. A resolution is required to ensure peace continues in South Africa and to preserve the rights of the South African people but to preserve the very foundation of this assembly; the presented resolution must be amended and re-presented in a lawful capacity.

Secretary General, I ask you to call this session into recess to give the presenting nations the time they need to ensure this resolution meets the standard of this chamber."

Hollie

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
“I would thank my dear colleague from Turkey for his contribution and shall make due note of their statements, however, allow me to first address the statements by the Swedish Ambassador. Firstly, the Resolution on Antarctica is not the basis on which this resolution was based upon. The Republic of Korea rejects Sweden’s mischaracterization of previous resolutions, and precedents. To distract the chambers Sweden attempts to use very loose and ill defined legal loopholes to stall a genuine discussion and debate. Today’s subject is about South Africa which to my knowledge, last I checked, not in Antarctica but in Africa.

I ask this chamber’s members to look at Sweden’s actions and find any differences with European and Japanese colonization in the 19th century. Did they not appoint their own nationals to serve in an official capacity in the affairs of overseas administered territory. Merriam Webster defines colonization as the subjection by a foreign power of an indigenous peoples. I believe that Sweden as a foreign power, not indigenous to Africa or of sharing socio-linguistic heritage with the indigenous African population is indeed exerting as an extension of state power on native communities. Such would be illegal. Colonization is wrong. Sweden on State Media stated that it had appointed its Ambassador in the Apartheid Regime as a Governor-General in the capacity. As per their own media, the role of this Governor General is to oversee, in an ambitious and undefined nature, “the appointment of a newly established Government for South Africa.” Such an action is both illegal under the 1907 Hague and 1949 Geneva Conventions of an occupying power.

Secondly, the Swedish Ambassador attempted to indicate this resolution was unlawful. In moral, ethical, and legislature decisions of the resolution for peacekeeping. Under the guide that South Africa is at peace. Firstly, Sweden’s own government refuted this basic statement. Sweden and South Africa were not at peace but active belligerents in a declared state of war. Sweden’s press office released the following statement; “Two months ago Sweden and South Africa entered a state of war.” Acknowledging Sweden’s position in recognizing the existence of a State of War. This reflects that the Resolution on Peacekeeping is both required and reflects Sweden’s violations of Article 2 on the primacy of the Global Assembly in the issuing of mandates, the essential role the Assembly plays in maintaining peace and stability. Onto this point, Sweden’s moral and ethical claim are false. As an extension as their moral and ethical claim are false, the use of a peacekeeping resolution as the basis of a peacekeeping mission as intended by its progmulation is legal.

Onto the second item, Sweden’s acceptance of a State of War is reflective that it had dispatched its armed forces personnel to bring “law and order” to South Africa. The deployment of Armed Forces beyond the scope of the right of self defense of States. Claiming that “South Africa did not approach Sweden to resolve this diplomatically or peacefully.” This of course, our Turkish colleague disputes, stating that “The invasion was completely unprovoked and the South African Government even tried for peace but that Sweden did not respond and instead decided to invade.” If such statements are true, it is indeed further proof, Sweden has violated intentionally international law and persecuted a war of aggression beyond the scopes of a war of defense of its territory from a hostile power.

I therefore, and in the legal understanding laid before, respectfully decline this Swedish call. Respectfully ask the Secretariat to proceed with an emergency resolution that is legally defined and drafted. Sweden did not arrive to South Africa in peacetime as affirmed by their Government. Sweden arrived in a state of war as an occupying power. Sweden has set up an occupational government that is colonial in nature and illegitimate. Therefore, while Sweden affirms that a resolution is Required and recognizes this. It refutes that this resolution is legal. I applaud the Swedish Governments recognition that the Global Assembly and its resolutions are necessary. Having determined that such a resolution is indeed legal, I hope that Sweden’s spirit of recognition is applied to this resolution should it pass. I also ask that the various collaborating Government reconsider their involvement with this occupation and colonial process, recognizing that this binding resolution will require they cease their activities. I join in asking that these two parties join the Global Assembly Task Force instead, to address the concerns of my Turkish counterpart. Thank you.”

Hollie
Axis12

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
After his Korean colleague spoke for the second time, Luke Adams decided it was time to give the United States's perspective. He was wearing a dark blue suit, white dress shirt, and crimson red tie. Pinned on his jacket was a small American flag lapel pin. His short blonde hair was neatly combed to the right and parted on the left. He stood at a modest five feet, nine inches tall, and looked to be a physically fit and healthy individual. He stood up and buttoned his jacket before adjusting his microphone and then clearing his throat.

"Mister Secretary General, honorable ambassadors, fellow citizens of the world, the United States felt it was morally and ethically obligated to jointly propose this resolution with the Republic of Korea. What the Kingdom of Sweden has done and is doing is the active colonization and subjugation of South Africa. This is not only in violation of international law and the sovereignty of South Africa, but it is morally repugnant. The resolution is not an attempt to strip Sweden of any of its territory - this resolution was made to remove Swedish occupiers from the sovereign state of South Africa, which is not nor will it ever be the territory of Sweden.

"Many of the ambassadors here today, including myself, are from countries who were once under the colonial subjugation of a foreign power. If we look back at our national histories we can clearly see who benefited in those relationships. The Swedish government may try to say that they are helping the poor in South Africa, or that they are investing money into infrastructure to increase the public good. If their intentions are so pure, then I would say that the Global Assembly can set up an international fund to build up African nations, including South Africa, and Sweden can submit as many billions of dollars as it wants... But they wont do this, because all of this talk of financial and humanitarian aid is being done as a cheap mask for the fact that they are occupying 10% of the African continent. There are other nations here, too, who at one time in the past may have been a colonial authority. They too can look at their national histories and see why they granted the nations of Africa, Asia, and the New World their freedom.

"The United States will not step back to Chamberlainian policies of appeasement to Sweden - if they are allowed to invade, occupy, integrate, and subjugate 59,000,000 Africans into their country, they will not stop there. There is no instance in modern human history of a country invading and permanently occupying another for noble purposes. Any claim that the South African people are incapable of independently governing themselves, or that they are better off under the colonial authority of a more 'civilized' or 'developed' nation such as Sweden is racist and wrong.

"Finally, I can assure the people of the world that the United States has no other motive than to see that the South African people live in a nation in which they have total control of. Once the Swedish occupation has ended, the United States will continue to work with the Global Assembly and our partners around the world to ensure that free and democratic elections are held in South Africa. Once this has happened, and a new democratic South African government that is free of any political authority from other countries exists, we will fully withdraw along with other Global Assembly peacekeepers. The United States does not desire a permanent presence of any kind in South Africa.

"I ask that the members assembled here today vote for the independence and freedom of over 59,000,000 South African men, women, and children... Thank you,"
he said before sitting down.

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
After the American ambassador has finished his statement, Ambassador Krit Garnjana-Goonchorn from the Republic of Thailand would be ready to clear the information regarding what the Turkish ambassador has accused his country. he would stand up straight and will be speaking in English.

"I would like to thank all ambassadors here that come to this honorable chamber to discuss and argue for freedom for our friends in South African. I would like to clarify the information of what our government has been participated in Swedish operation in South African, so things will be clear. I am apologizing in the name of our government for our failure to disclose official information by our spokesman. I want to clarify that our government has nothing more than humanitarian support in South Africa. Since the first day that our humanitarian aid force arrives in South Africa territory, today I am not sure if the territory has become Swedish's soil. We have never help Sweden in the invasion of South Africa. Our latest news that has been reporting from South Africa is that Sweden has sent The Lieutenant of the platoon to keep in contact with us, and no other news has been reported. Our only work in South Africa is to support by humanitarian ways. We have carried more than 3 tons of food, more than 10,000 gallons of water, medical equipment including medicine, and daily use of supplies to support South African. We would like to see the GA peacekeeping force help us in this humanitarian mission to support South Africans that suffer from both its government and Sweden. We don't want our country to be condemnor because we are trying to help South Africans, and we don't want to be seen as a country that assisting any country that tries to colonize or invades a nation. I also agree with Mister Luke Adams that we should vote for independence for South African because from what I know, Sweden has already annex South Africa, which we don't like the way that Sweden has done. I want to add that if we are going to vote for independence for my friend in South Africa, the ambassadors should give the reason why they vote too. This action can tell us what represents their government's idea on this situation. This is what I want to clarify. I hope everyone here is mature enough to listen to my statement, and be able to conceive about what I am trying to reach to you all. Thank you." He would sit down and look at all ambassador in the chamber

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Ambassador Adam’s stood up and leaned forward as he spoke into his microphone again. His leather notebook, which he had been taking notes in, was closed on his desk. “Mister Secretary General, I move that we proceed to a vote on the resolution.”

Hollie

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"When no debate has taken place? No negotiation? Don't be so ridiculous and how dare you undermine democracy in these Chambers. We are refraining from any further debate on this matter until the Secretary General has reviewed and addressed our concerns around the legality of the resolution in its current form. You will not dictate and overrule the general running of this chamber, we have a lot of evidence to present to the memberstates and we will have the fair opportunity to do so."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
“This resolution has been open for debate for 50 days,” Ambassador Adam’s said.

“It’s clear that you’re just trying to stall these proceedings here - we’ve had an ample amount of time for debate and discussion, longer than any resolution I can remember in recent memory. If you have a question about the legality of this resolution, that is for the International Court of Justice to decide, as this legislature is merely the legislative appendage of the Global Assembly, as laid out in the GA Charter and it’s Statutes,” he said.

Last edited:

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"The Republic of Korea concurs with the United States and seconds the motion to move this resolution into a vote. The stalling attempts only prolong the occupation of South Africa and undermine with every passing day the assembly as an institution. Our statements have clearly addressed your false statements on the legality of this resolution, which, is not the purview of this assembly. Your claims are both mischaracterizing and a misrepresentation of international law. All parties have had ample time to lay their concerns and yet none have done so accordingly of the remaining members. We appreciate the members who have given their input so far. Sweden's irresponsible actions in delaying the resolution only ensure the continued occupation and entrenchment of the Swedish Colonial Authority.

While Korea can not speak on behalf of the other members of the assembly present, we ask that the secretariat move this resolution to an immediate vote. This is an emergency resolution. It deserves the basic respect of being an emergency resolution and expedited. The occupations must end and we urge all the parties to accept this resolution as an effective and legal manner."

Hollie

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
Russian GA Ambassador, Yelizaveta Soloveva, would lean forward to her microphone. "I also second the American motion. We have been here for ages with hardly any new topics being brought up for debate. Dear Swedish Ambassador, if you had evidence to present to the room you had weeks to do so. I believe what has already been said is all there is to say. Delaying the vote on this resolution is not only irresponsible but will also do more harm than good, for everyone involved.

Fellow Ambassadors, whatever your stances are on the situation, the people of South Africa are depending on us. They must be heard and must be attended to as global citizens. It is our duty to assure that this resolution be dealt with in a timely manner and that their rights to freedom and representation is upheld."

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018

Reviewing the Resolution in it's current form does present a problem to this establishment, as we do not have the power to remove forces from any occupied territories. These same territories were obtained in a diplomatic manner, and peacekeeping is not traditionally called upon in these circumstances. A mandate of this nature only calls for our observation to ensure that a referendum is carried out in a fair manner. For that to occur, we request full cooperation from the Swedish Government to allow South Africa the right to self-determination; and we in return must respect the outcome. Due to the current draft requesting an assignment that is beyond our enforcement, a new draft must be presented by the South Korean and American Ambassadors before we continue. This means that it might take several weeks to come to a consensus. However, we should use this as an opportunity to seek out the truth without making baseless assumptions. We should determine the stimulus that resulted in Sweden and South Africa becoming embroiled together.

Jay and Odinson

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
Marc I've raises from his seat "Thank you Secretary General, we second the motion of a diplomatic resolution of the situation and we await eagerly the presentation of a lawful resolution to the chambers - this matter must be dealt with tacitly and we intend to cooperate fully in a reasonable capacity to ensure the South African people recieve what is right for this country.

I press one key point for the Ambassadors of the United States and Korea - the people of South Africa requested for us to be there and support our operation. This should be key to your rewritten resolution."

Last edited:

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"The Republic of Korea firmly rejects the actions of the Secretary General in arbitrarily making a decision that is the right of the member states of the Global Assembly to determine and decide. The Kingdom of Sweden invaded South Africa. This has been clearly establish by the declaration of war made by the Apartheid Regime of South Africa. Secretary General, it is both unprofessional and improper that you have outside your mandate taken a decision. Such a decision runs contrary to the institution and the charter. The Secretary General's responsibility is setting the agenda and order in which resolutions are discussed. The Secretary General is responsible for delivering a tie-breaking vote when required. As the Assembly has requested a call for debate, the request was properly submitted to the Secretary General. There was no vote for the Secretary General to break the tie, and it is not within the Secretary General's power to make such an assessment when the assembly members have openly called for a response.

It is the responsibility of the Global Assembly to promote and protect international law which Sweden has violated as occupying a foreign territory. Violations of the paramount treaties of the fourth Geneva Conventions as an occupying power. The resolution was clearly in line with our responsibility as parties of the Charter of the Global Assembly. Under the Articles 2 the principles of this resolution is that every nation is offered a basic right of equal representation on the international stage. By suspending the resolution a flimsy legal argument without any basis, legal merit, or arbitrated by the International Court of Justice. We request that the Secretary General oblige by their responsibilities of the Global Assembly Charter. Allow the due source of this resolution to proceed as according to its provisions and responsibilities. Responsibilities of resolutions accepted by Sweden. Responsibilities of resolutions passed by this chambers.

The power in this institution has been clearly established by previous precedents. The Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. The Romanian Invasion of Moldova. No where in the charter of this institution does it say that the Global Assembly can not deal with occupied territories. Occupied territories are inherently illegal as a consequence of war, forceful coercion, or other actions done in an environment that was not peaceful, consensual, or mediated. The act of occupation and annexation in the context of the South Africa case is illegal by its nature. It was done as a means of war. A war that was public. This declaration of war by its existence made Sweden and the Apartheid Regime belligerents in a conflict that led to the annexation of South Africa. An annexation which Turkey claims was done in spite of the intent of surrender by the Apartheid Regime. An annexation that bypassed this institution.

I reiterate my previous statements that the Merriam Webster defines colonization as the subjection by a foreign power of an indigenous peoples. Sweden as a foreign power, not indigenous to Africa or of sharing socio-linguistic heritage with the indigenous African population is indeed exerting as an extension of state power on native communities. Sweden's State Media stated that it had appointed its Ambassador in the Apartheid Regime as a Governor-General in the capacity. As per their own media, the role of this Governor General is to oversee, in an ambiguous and undefined nature, “the appointment of a newly established Government for South Africa.” Such an action is both illegal under the 1907 Hague and 1949 Geneva Conventions of an occupying power. Sweden acknowledged “Two months ago Sweden and South Africa entered a state of war.” Acknowledging Sweden’s position in recognizing the existence of a State of War. This reflects that the Resolution on Peacekeeping is both required and reflects Sweden’s violations of Article 2 on the primacy of the Global Assembly in the issuing of mandates, the essential role the Assembly plays in maintaining peace and stability.

The Secretary General must clearly showcase where this resolution violates the Charter of the Assembly. The Secretary General must show clearly where this resolution is illegally drafted. The legality of international law is not in the hands of the Secretary General. It is clear where this power lies. This institution. Not the Secretary General. This assembly has the right to submit resolutions, both binding and advisory, this assembly has the right to call for a debate. This assembly is the agency of protecting international law alongside organs such as the International Court of Justice that arbitrate international disputes. The Secretary General has breached their responsibilities of being a neutral voice in the facilitation of an orderly debate. By siding with a flimsy legal argument of this institution. Sweden can not represent the South African people. This is a basic fact of the right of self-determination. The days of Europeans representing Africans and Asians is gone. This institution can not become another validation of the colonization of territories. Sweden has neither presented a timeline for its withdrawal, a timeline for its mission, the goals and objectives, tangible proof it is ending the Apartheid regime, or that it's actions were done in a legal manner befitting a member of this chambers. The basis of the annexation was a state of war. By this accepted fact by Sweden's own Government, this state of war made Sweden and the Apartheid regime active belligerents. Active belligerents in a state of war. This state of war is ongoing. It is ongoing by Sweden's continued occupation.

No Colonial Government has any legitimacy to represent a foreign population. This runs contrary to the basis of self-determination. Korea has already outlined in its response of a resolution. There is no legitimate South African authority present. Neither have we been presented any diplomatic agreement signed by a legal institution representative of the South African people. Where is this consensual acceptance before the occupation. Such an acceptance can not be produced after the annexation. We reject any Neo-colonial attitudes on the annexation of another territory. Such attitudes run contrary to the this institution as a success of the United Nations and the decolonial world. They are equally condemnable. Respectfully. Korea demands this assembly proceed with its obligations and that the Secretary General allow the member states of this assembly to determine what is factual, relevant, and appropriate. This is the powers enshrined to the parties to this Assembly. They must be upheld by the Secretary General elected by this chamber to be a neutral voice, not a deciding voice."

Hollie Dutchy Odinson Alex Bossza007 Axis12 Connor Zak Der_Strix JakeDorent HeadlessSeeker Bruno Thomas R. Jones Jamie braddiepie Baer ManBear VBCFan Mansoas

Last edited:

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
Turkish Representative Aytug would speak into his mic
“Based on the evidence shown by Representative Joon I will agree and second the Korean Response. I believe we are forgetting, Secretary General, that as we speak the rights of tens of millions of South African Citizens are under the control of a European Power that as Representative Joon said is absolutely and utterly disconnected from the South African population. Sweden has no business whatsoever in Africa, none at all, no matter what declaration the former South African Government made, there was obviously no threat to Sweden and its people or territorial claims. My constituents of the Republic of Turkey see a developing, and certainly frightening trend in the Swedish Government, First it was the claim of most of the Antarctic continent only a year ago and now we see Africa is next and who else could come? Does the world not see that if Sweden is not stopped here they will continue their dominance, preying on the weak to achieve their goals even if the death of thousands is at stake? If we do not act now and vote on this process then Sweden will become more powerful than any member here can comprehend, they already have achieved global economic dominance, now they are here for the power with their unlimited funds. Sweden only seeks to delay us from in my perspective a clear vote agaisnt themselves and therefore they will stall in any way possible, in fact the NIO of Turkey recently came across non encrypted information detailing that Sweden just spent nearly 600 Million on new air defense equipment after months of nearly zero recorded defense spending. Our consensus is Sweden is preparing to defend their claims even if the GA votes for Sweden to exit South Africa. In fact I see no reason why they, as the most powerful nation in the world, aside from possibly the United States, Korea, and Great Britain would simply bow down to a GA order after they did just spend likely hundreds of millions if not billions on the occupation effort. Therefore I say we carry on with an immediate vote, after all Sweden has has plenty of time to debate and now that time is up. If you, Secretary General do not hold this vote now then I hope you understand that you put at risk the very legitimacy of your own institution.”
Hollie Jay Odinson Connor

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018

Peacebuilding is an enabler of development, security and social justice; it remains a high and central priority to this great establishment. However, part of this mandate focuses less on conflict prevention and more on authorising force. Section 10, subsection 4 sanctions the use of force by Peacekeepers outside the parameters of the Global Assembly. Ambassador Oh Joon has sought to justify this as being legal, by attempting to develop new exceptions permissible to the use of force, most notably that of "Humanitarian intervention". This is not only beyond our enforcement, but will thwart our attempts to re-establish peace by diplomatic means. We must ensure that South Africa is not beset by violence or political repression, by ensuring the citizens exercise their right to self-determination, whether that results in independence or full integration within a state.

The fundamental challenge of today is determining whether Sweden has violated international law. This should be addressed by the International Court of Justice, whose ability to comprehensively and unanimously respond is more apparent than the actions taken in this assembly. Due to jurisdictional limitations, this resolution will be rejected within 24 (out-of-character) hours unless amendments are made.

Jay and Axis12

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019
Ambassador Fernando Paulo de Noronha shook his head, having had enough, he started putting his things back in his briefcase, once ready, he watched the Chamber for one final time, before leaning into his mic.

"
I'd like to state the Empire of Brazil's support towards the Excellent Ambassadors of the Republic of Korea and the United States of America, however...it is truly a shame that this so-called "great" establishment fails to take action in the face of an ongoing illegal occupation by another foreign power, it truly shows that the Apple does not fall too far from its tree, and that the Global Assembly is just like its League of Nations predecessor, just with a modern coat of paint.

To the Swedish Ambassador.
" Fernando would turn to look at the Swedish counterpart "Your Excellence continues to claim that this is a "wanted" occupation by the people of South Africa, but is yet to provide any substantial evidence to support the claim you've repeated time and time again during this session. Let it be known here, in this chamber, that Brazil sees through you: Sweden is attempting to build a hollow mimic of their Empire of old, however, you and the rest of the Swedish leadership seem to be forgetful of something, you are not Gustavus Adolphus or Carolus Rex." The Ambassador would then turn his gaze back to the Secretary-General.

Recognizing the Secretary-General's blatant unwillingness to act, I see no reason for I or anyone else to remain in this chamber, wasting away their precious time, now, if you'll excuse me."

Ambassador Noronha would lean back away from his mic once more before standing up with his briefcase, giving the Ambassadors that sat beside him a nod of Goodbye before leaving the Chamber.

Hollie Dutchy Odinson Alex Bossza007 Axis12 Connor Zak Der_Strix JakeDorent HeadlessSeeker Bruno Thomas R. Jones Jamie braddiepie Baer ManBear VBCFan Mansoas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren