STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[GA] Resolution on the Sovereignty of French Overseas Possessions

D

Deleted member 5

"Alright, if everyone is done, can we move to voting now, Mr. Secretary General? As groups of nations are willing to hear more about this matter, we should vote now."

D

Deleted member 5

French Representative would smirk on Chinese and said, "We are ready for votes. Let's call a vote."

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"France has controlled New Caledonia since 1853...." She would look at her Brazilian counterpart, confused.

"Also I'm not sure about this incident you're talking about, but the Australian Federal Police, who are an independent agency from the Government conducted an operation because they gathered intelligence that numerous diplomatic missions were harbouring weapons which are in contravenence to our importation restrictions on those weapons, which is a law that has been in place for many decades. From what I gathered the AFP did not raid any embassies or kill any diplomats, so please refrain from making bogus claims."

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I have to agree with the statement made by the Swedish representative, this chamber should not have the power to create a legally binding resolution which unilaterally forces the transfer of sovereignty and governance over territories. This type of responsibility should rest with the International Court of Justice."

"Furthermore, we still believe that this resolution lacks guarantees to protect any territories handed to the International Court of Justice and by extension the Global Assembly. I wish to once again ask the Nigerian ambassador how he believes this resolution can stop an invasion of the territories."

"However, we wish to note that no matter the outcome of this resolution, the Netherlands would be more than pleased to hand over the governance of the territories to the Global Assembly, giving even further backing to the mandate of protecting the inhabitants the bloodshed which comes with war. We must work together to allow them to continue their way of life in peace and without them having to worry about their own safety and the safety of their families."

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
The Irish Representive would shake his head in agreement with the statements uttered by his Dutch and Swedish Counterparts.

"In good faith, it is preferable that none of the belligerents should be given jurisdiction over those territories in the poscession of France at this time and that consequently, a neutral party to the conflict acting on behalf of the Interests of the global assembly so as to prevent accusations of favoritism toward one nation or another. That this arrangement should result in the gradual transition towards responsible self government."

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
This is an Announcement made by the Secretary General, Mr. Figueroa

"Sovereign Territory has always been a Controversial issue in many Countries. However, disputes have rumbled relatively quiet, until now. This may potentially cause serious global consequence and is the cause which divides our Members.
I am to advise that we suspend our conference, until the Elections to the International Court of Justice are concluded. Would our Representatives agree to this?

Once the Justices are in office, the International Court will decide

Whether Territory gained diplomatically without the consent of the population(s), or any electoral body should be considered legitimate.
And on this outcome, those Territories be transferred to the Global Assembly where the Court shall provide "oversight and aid to ensure that the referendums are free and fair" (Subsection #3a)

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We would agree to suspend this process until the IJC is concluded. If that is the will of the GA members. If not we also agree to follow up to the voting on this matter."

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
“Absolutely agree” smiles the Marc as he darts his eyes around the room

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Rolfie Olhouser, the Chief Justice of the International Court of Justice, made an appearance to the session with the Secretary General's permission, and made the following statement before the body.

"The International Court of Justice received the Secretary General's request for a Declaratory Judgement on the matter of... I quote: 'Whether Territory gained Diplomatically without the Consent of the Population(s), or any Electoral Body should be considered LEGITIMATE?'...

"We voted unanimously that, 'YES, Territory gained Diplomatically without the Consent of the Population(s), or any Electoral Body SHOULD be considered legitimate.' I'm happy that we could assist you in this matter. Good day," Olhouser said. He then left the chamber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien