STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Germany | Message to South Korea

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

1000px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

1280px-Ausw%C3%A4rtiges_Amt_Logo.svg.png

1097px-Bundesadler_Bundesorgane.svg.png

To: Ambassador Kim JaeShin, Jay

Cc: Helmut Kohl, Klaus Kinkel

Subject: Establishing Diplomatic Relations and Information from GDE

Security Level: Private and Encrypted
Good Morning Kim JaeShin,

My name is Stephan Auer. I am the newly appointed Ambassador to South Korea in Seoul. I have been tasked with contacting your government in an effort to establish formal diplomatic relations and to relay information in regards to questions you had about equipment purchased from our state owned GDE.

Firstly, let me congratulate the new President of the Republic of Korea, Kim Daejung and his cabinet on his recent election win. The will of the South Korean people has been heard and we feel that the ideals of the Millennium Democratic Party will lead your nation to new heights in the future. The Federal Republic of Germany would like to establish more formal ties with South Korea. It is clear that South Korea will be a leader in global politics going forward. Open lines of communication between our two nations will be paramount as the world deals with a wide range of global issues. I hope that this message is a first step in that direction that leads to a long friend ship between Germany and South Korea. Germany would like to work closely with South Korea on a number of issues such as Trade, Scientific Research, Human rights, and Military Cooperation.

I do have a few questions if you wouldn't mind thinking them over. What do you see as South Korea's role in international politics? Do you have any domestic goals your government would like to achieve in its first few years in power? Given historical troubles with North Korea do you have any plans for cooling relations between your two peoples?

Regarding your questions for the equipment purchased from GDE. I have been given special clearance from our ministry of defense to the specifications of the Panzerfaust 3-IT and the Roland 2. Both products have full guarantees for performance and reliability. Any questions concerns regarding possible failures in any equipment purchased from GDE can be relayed to me personally and I will get with GDE Corporate to get to the bottom of any issues faced. As for purchasing replacement munitions for the Panzerfaust 3-IT the standard tandem hollow charge warhead is available for purchase at $5,000.00 per unit. It also comes with the optional Bunkerfaust warhead designed for use against hardened bunkers, lightly armoured vehicles & soft targets for $8,000.00 per unit. Replacement missiles for the for the Roland two also come in two varieties. The Roland 2 missile has a speed of 550 m/s and a range of 6.2 km, incorporating a continuous wave beacon to allow automatic radar tracking. They are $150,000.00 per unit. An upgraded missile, the Roland 3, with speed increased from 550 m/s to 620 m/s and range increased from 6.3 to 8.5 km with maximum effective altitude increased to 6,000 m. Warhead size is also increased to 9.1 kg with 84 hollow-charges. Response time for the first target is quoted as 6–8 seconds with 2–6 seconds for subsequent targets. The Roland 3 missile can be used by all Roland systems. They are $850,000.00 per unit.

Germany and GDE remains committed to equipping the South Korean Military with all of the tools needed to protect its cities, its coastlines, and its people.

Kind Regards,
Stephan Auer
Ambassador to South Korea
Federal Republic of Germany
788px-Coat_of_arms_of_Germany.svg.png

Reactions: Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1606507713954.png

1200px-Emblem_of_South_Korea.png

255px-Flag_of_South_Korea.png

To: Stephan Auer @GermanyEmbassySeoul | Vaka |
CC: President@bluehouse.gov < KimDaejung > | ForeignMinistry@kr.gov <BaekJeonghee | NationalDefense@kr.gov < ParkHyunjin >
BCC LeeBaekjung@mofa.kr.gov | KimMinseo@mond.kr.gov |

Subject: re: establishing Diplomatic Relations and Information from GDE

Security: Private and encrypted | Protected by the NIS and MoFA DPB
Esteemed honorable Ambassador Auer,

First allow me to welcome you to Seoul as my counterpart in Korea. I have enjoyed my time in Germany and continue to serve in the best interest of our two nations. I hope that Korea, like Germany has to me, will be welcoming and accepting.

His Excellency the President is most thankful for your warm wishes. The President recognizes there is a lot of work to be done. We hope we can achieve those goals with strong partners such as Germany. One can not appreciate enough the true model Germany shows the globe in political leadership, educational appreciation, reconciliation between ideologies, and a nation built by the people, for the people, and strengthened by the vision for the future. The Korean People in our time of need were supported by Germany through the Gastarbeiter, something the Korean people can not forget. Our two countries, as many others, the victim of partitioning, know very well the human cost of division between families. Artificial barriers between families and peoples are only an inhumane construct, locking the people form their brothers and sisters. His Excellency the President is committed to knocking down the DMZ, just as the German people had done just a few years ago. When the time comes, the Korean people will be united by peace, for the will of the people can not be ignored forever, even the most despotic of rulers will fall.

The Republic of Korea is honored to be considered in a high light by the German Government. We likewise too recognize Germany's role as a trade, economic, technological, and visionary leader over the globe. Together, we hope, with the rest of the globe, propel humanity into the 21st century stronger than before. The reality of colonization, oppression, ethnic cleansing, racism, and fascism may slowly be crumbling, but they have not fully faded. Bosnia, Rwanda, the rights of minorities, and the post-colonial world are still vibrant examples that the struggles of the 20th century will only weigh us down if we do not address them.

His Excellency has made it clear, that cooperating with Germany in these areas listed is a matter of undisputed agreement, as we can mutually benefit from engagement on trade, research, human rights, military cooperation, and addressing foreign policy concerns.

The President has provided a new radical outlook when it comes to Korea's foreign policy. The Republic of Korea wishes to aide global peace beyond merely words of sympathy through engagement by the Presidential Mission of the Overseas Peacekeeping Initiative (OPI). The Korean Army is set to send a force 400 strong of peacekeepers to Romania when GAPFOR-ROM is fully authorized and deployed. The Korean Government is also willing to provide development and trade assistance to help in the future, post-conflict development states. The Republic of Korea's role in the world will be simple, a partner for peace, an advocate for Human Rights, and a nation seeking to assist the post-colonial and ideologically divided world, as victims of colonialism and partition, we can only help lift up others around us. As for domestic goals, the President has made it clear, the Government seeks to push Korea into the 21st century as a strong economic, military, and cultural state. This will be accomplished through investments in the arts, dance, music, film, and theater. The armed forces is set to receive record breaking funding to rebuild what is was previous. Economic reforms, consideration of Free Trade Zones, etc... are all how we plan to develop Korea.

With regards to North Korea. The President has embarked on a policy that many call the Sunshine Policy. The President hopes that positive engagement with the North through humanitarian and economic assistance will not only assist them, but create an open mind. Once our oppressed brothers and sisters in the North get a taste of freedom, eventually, like a wave, the North Korean people will seek nothing else. Their elites like their people will seek to live a life of modernity, and eventually, that will propel unification where the costs will not be enormous in human capital and financial capital. However, a realistic assessment is that, this policy will not be as effective as the President may hope. Thus, a strong robust national defense, will be in place to deter aggression. The rebuilding of our intelligence and armed forces will be the foundation of the shield that protects the arm holding out the olive branch.

Thank you for the information regarding munition resupplying and servicing of the equipment. The Ministry of National Defense is most satisfied and hopes to make Germany a regular customer when it comes to purchasing equipment to help rebuild the national defense. They look forward to future engagement with the GDE as well as a consultative basis and model for Korea's defense export process.

Signed with sincerity,

Kim Jaehin
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Ambassador to the Federal Republic of Germany
Republic of Korea

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

To: Ambassador Kim JaeShin, Jay

Cc: Helmut Kohl, Klaus Kinkel

Subject: Establishing Diplomatic Relations and Information from GDE

Good Morning Kim JaeShin,

Now that I believe we have a good understanding of one another. I would like to move on to the topic of trade. We would like to set up a mutual trading pact between our two nations. Mutual in so far as we would like to import all of the items that South Korea has listed on the international Commercial Exports Registrar. We are looking to to build 5 new container vessels for these trade routes. We would like the opportunity to export all of our goods to South Korea. We specialize in manufactured goods. Our primary export is our extensive line of automotive products. We have Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Open, Porsche and Volkswagen all headquartered here in Germany. The finished automobiles along with their proprietary parts lists are all available for trade. We also off comprehensive lines of machinery. Tractors, cranes, and other heavy engineering equipment is all available from a variety of manufacturers. Our Computer and Electronic Products catalog is also extensive. Allow me to highlight one in particular. Kontron AG is a German-based multinational company which designs and manufactures embedded computer modules, boards and systems. They offer OEMs, system integrators and application providers for different market sectors such as Industrial automation, communications, transportation, energy, avionics, medical, infotainment, and military.

Our pharmaceuticals are world class. Headquartered here in Leverkusen is BAYER. BAYER is a German multinational pharmaceutical and life sciences company and one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Bayer's areas of business include human and veterinary pharmaceuticals; consumer healthcare products; agricultural chemicals, seeds and biotechnology products. Along with pharmaceuticals we also offer the industry standard in Medical Instruments. Siemens Healthcare is headquartered in Erlangen and offers all of the following Angiography and Interventional X-ray Systems, Computed Tomography, Radiation Oncology, Laboratory Diagnostics, Molecular Diagnostics, Molecular Imaging, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Point-of-Care Diagnostics, Refurbished Systems, Syngo Imaging Software, Ultrasound, and X-ray Products.

The Finance ministry has projected a large increase in sales for both of our respective industries by allowing them both a chance in new large markets. I have been approved by the Finance Ministry to offer all of our products to South Korea with no export tariffs charged. Each individual vessel in our merchant fleet is named after a waterway or a lake here in Germany. We would like to name 5 of these new ships produced after waterways in South Korea. A symbol of the linking of our two economies and a sign of a long lasting friendship. Will Seoul be interested in such a Trade agreement?

Kind Regards,
Stephan Auer
Ambassador to South Korea

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1606507713954.png

To: Stephan Auer @GermanyEmbassySeoul | Vaka |
CC: RohSyerah@motie.kr.gov
BCC: KimJaeshin@mofa.kr.gov | KimMinseo@mond.kr.gov |

Subject: re:establishing Diplomatic Relations and Information from GDE

Esteemed honorable Ambassador Auer,

I hope this email finds you well. My colleague at the Korean Embassy in Berlin, Ambassador Kim Jaeshin has handed over the portfolio of this relationship to me. As Director of European policy for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I am the highest regional official and coordinator of policy between the Ministry civil servants in Europe and the advising the Foreign Minister on policy for the President's agenda. As this discussion moves towards a much broader range of bilateral issues, I have been tasked with overseeing the facilitation of relations and discussions and meetings with myself and/or with the Foreign Minister.

As you are aware, the Republic of Korea's Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy has registered Korea's goods which are in line with our export-oriented policies. Similar to Germany, the Republic of Korea primarily invested and exports electronics with world renown corporations such as Samsung which provides electronics ranging from TVs, and Washing Machines, but is also venturing into hand-held phones, personal computers, and other electronics. SK Hyinx also provides semi-conductors and electronic parts for other corporations including Germany. Korea's private corporations in automobiles include Hyundai Motors, Kia Motors, GM Korea, Renault Samsung, and SsangYong Motors. We additionally seek to supply the globe with quality primary parts for their final products such as semi-conductors, tungsten, and molybdenum. As you see, I believe, both Korea and Germany would benefit as substitute goods in the local market. Raising the quality of services to our consumers by introduction of zero-tariff mutually beneficial trading policies. Seeing as we are producing primarily similar goods, in regards to automobiles and electronics, this would in our opinion, maintain a health trade balance while also raising consumer surplus through international trade.

With regards to pharmaceuticals, and Medical Instruments, as you are also aware, the Republic of Korea is a major healthcare center in Asia as well as the globe with quality doctors and healthcare professionals. The continued aim to combat the crippling healthcare deficit left by the previous administrations is a major task. Working together to provide the basis of a reliable, durable, and efficient healthcare system would be a strong pillar of our bilateral relationship. The Armed Forces likewise sees Germany as a strong partner in defense contracts as we anticipate this to be another area of high value trade. As The Republic of Korea also enters the arms industry as not only a buyer of equipment, but also a producer. We see this as another avenue of bilateral trade to consider our continued arms transactions in the near future in particular artillery, air defense, and anti-tank equipment.

Our Data from the Ministry of Economy and Finance particularly points to a growing move towards imported good preference for Korean national(s). We are particularly curious about the trends towards consumption in Germany and if your government is willing to share data with consumer trends to help us better understand the effects of a free-trade agreement between Korea and Germany. At this stage, the Republic of Korea is more than happy to open the foundation for a free-trade agreement with Germany to go into deeper discussion and a formal agreement to be signed by our economy/finance and trade ministers. The Republic of Korea sees trade as a pillar of foreign policy, and free trade as an inhibitor of civil liberties, freedom, and a promoter of democracy and are eager to continue this legacy with Germany a historic partner and friend to Korea. I would also like to address that this agreement should remove all forms of quotas or quantity import limitations and ensure the freedom to purchase as deemed by the private entities of our countries the quantity necessary for a healthy economic and fiscal situation. A matter our ministers of finance and trade can discuss in depth. I have attached in the email Deputy Chief of Trade and Energy policy at the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy who will be your liaison if a call is to be arranged between our Ministers. Additionally, she is the liaison with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs over the technical aspect of this email and our communications with regards to finance and trade. We also request that German vehicles come with modifications to conform to Korea's health standards on emissions and fuel regulations. Germany has a high standard when it comes to these aspects, and we hope this will not be a major roadblock for trade.

The Republic of Korea would be honored to have five ships named after bodies of water in Korea. The Foreign Ministry would like to inform the German Government to remain sensitive to the naming disputes the Korean Government has over the East Sea, and be respectful to the Korean Government from any misappropriate naming of a vessel that deviate from the Korean's respective position.

Our Government also looks forward to the delivery of the Roland and Panzerfausts and hope that the German Government can expedite the process on their end. We understand limitations and sometimes lack of cooperation as well as quality checks. We continue to put strong faith into the German Government and their actions with regards to our relations.

On a matter of foreign policy, our government is curious to understand the German Government's position on the current situation in Romania as well as the condemnable status of minorities, and their continued disregard for civil discourse in the place of armed grandstanding. We are primarily curious to know what are Germany's relationship with Romania, its position on making changes to Romania's governance system, the role of the GA in peacekeeping, and mandate for the election monitoring. The Korean Government is sending a peacekeeping force of 400 personnel including medial and engineer personnel. We are wondering if Germany would consider sending a peacekeeping force even if it would be a non-military force. As I understand, there are constitutional limitations to Germany's ability to provide military contributions.

On a side note to European policy, Korea is preparing a $100 million package in financial aid to Ukraine to assist in government efficacy, training of civil servants, judicial reforms, and other efforts to improve the quality of governance. The Korean Government has pledged $50 million, and the Norwegian Government has also pledged $50 million. If Germany would be willing to pledge an additional $50 million, we could provide a larger $150 million in financial aid to Germany. Already Korea is providing $400 million for girls education, stem education, and water security in Pakistan, and we hope to support other emerging democracies to support their endeavors towards peace and security in their homelands. This multilateral cooperation would be a major source of unity for likeminded states in regards to our democratic principles.

In all of this, we look forward to your response and ensuring our foreign policies are mutually compatible to develop an institutional level of relations that strive to combat anti-asian racism in Europe, promote human rights and democracy, develop strong institutional support for developing states, and help lift humanity into the 21st century better than the 20th. Truly, there is unchartered possibilities for the status of our bilateral relationship.

Signed with sincerity,
Lee Baekjung
Director of European Policy and Affairs
Republic of Korea

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

To: Lee Baekjung, Director of European Policy and Affairs Jay

Cc: Helmut Kohl, Klaus Kinkel, Stephan Auer

Subject: New Trade Routes

Good Morning Lee Baekjung,

My name is Günter Rexrodt. I am the Minister of Economics for The Federal Republic of Germany. Chancellor Kohl has tasked me with contacting you about trade route proposed by our Ambassador in Seoul. He has forwarded all of the information from your past communications and I have taken the luxury of drafting an initial trade agreement document. You noted that something items will have to be modified in order to meet South Korean Safety Standards but this should give a starting point in which to work from. I have also listed the proposed vessel names to be given to each vessel that will be attached to supplying each route. We would like to run the names by you first to make sure there is no misappropriate naming done offending any sensibilities. Please go over the document and send me any proposed changes your government would like to see and contact me via email so I can quickly expedite the changes.

German-South Korean Formation and Creation of Trade Routes

The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Korea will create [5] sea trade routes between themselves, and ensure their security and cargo. Both Nations shall pledge that the following resources will be provided [Weekly] upon arrival of said trade routes. These trade routes will be considered a mutual trading of resource for resources and no export tariffs will be due upon arrival. 5 Vessels of the Hapag-Lloyd Dalian Express-Class will be constructed in The Port of Hamburg, Germany for this task. These vessels will bare the names Hantan (한탄강), Imjin (임진강), Soyang (소양강), Hongcheon (홍천강), and Bukhon (북한강).

The Republic of Germany will provide a fully loaded cargo, towards the assigned Trade Vessels, the following resources;
  1. Motor Vehicles
  2. Machinery
  3. Computer and Electronic Products
  4. Pharmaceuticals
  5. Medical Instruments
The Republic of Korea will provide a fully loaded cargo, towards the assigned Trade Vessels, the following resources;
  1. Tungsten
  2. Molybdenum
  3. Semiconductors
  4. Automobile/Auto Parts
  5. Electronics

Signed by; Günter Rexrodt
Minister of Economics for The Federal Republic of Germany

Signed by; Name of Appropriate Minister Here
Korean Republic
Kind Regards,

Günter Rexrodt
Minister of Economics

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1606507713954.png

To: Günter Rexrodt @MinistryofEconomics | Vaka |
CC: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Environment, LeeBaekjung@mofa.kr.gov, RohSyerah@motie.kr.gov ,Stephan Auer @GermanyEmbassySeoul
BCC KimJaeshin@mofa.kr.gov | KimMinseo@mond.kr.gov |

From: Office of the Minister of Trade, Industry, and Energy, <@KimDaejeong@motie.kr.gov>

Subject: Trade Relations

To His Excellency the Minister of Economics of the Federal Republic of Germany,

Official Government Document
Trade Relations with Federal Republic of Germany
Document Translated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Not yet release | Confidential |​

German-South Korean Formation and Creation of Trade Routes

Overview

The Republic of Korea and The Federal Republic of Germany seek to advance the already important role their products play in the lives of many people. As top global provider of a wide range of consumer electronic goods - mobile phones, tablets, cameras, video recorders and TV sets, Korea and Germany seek to open a new horizon for Asia-Europe trade relations and push forward in a Free Trade Agreement to outline a mutual removal of tariffs on all goods produced in Korea and Germany and opening of five trade routes on a weekly basis.

The Republic of Korea and Federal Republic of Germany agree to take and enact trade measures that promote a health and competitive market and one that does not discriminate against either party. Seeking to expand subsidiary cooperation, research cooperation, and technological sharing between both countries in the interest of advancing relations.

In understanding of the growing bilateral relationship between Korea and Germany, both countries agree towards the improvement of diplomatic, security, and trade relations through mutually agreed treaties, agreements, and memorandums.

The Federal Republic of Germany and the Republic of Korea will create [5] sea trade routes between themselves, and ensure their security and cargo. Both Nations shall pledge that the following resources will be provided [Weekly] upon arrival of said trade routes. These trade routes will be considered a mutual trading of resource for resources and no export tariffs will be due upon arrival. 5 Vessels of the Hapag-Lloyd Dalian Express-Class will be constructed in The Port of Hamburg, Germany for this task. These vessels will bare the names Hantan (한탄강), Imjin (임진강), Soyang (소양강), Hongcheon (홍천강), and Geum (금강).

The Republic of Germany will provide a fully loaded cargo, towards the assigned Trade Vessels, the following resources;
  1. Motor Vehicles
  2. Machinery
  3. Computer and Electronic Products
  4. Pharmaceuticals
  5. Medical Instruments
The Republic of Korea will provide a fully loaded cargo, towards the assigned Trade Vessels, the following resources;
  1. Tungsten
  2. Molybdenum
  3. Semiconductors
  4. Automobile/Auto Parts
  5. Electronics

Signed by; Günter Rexrodt
Minister of Economics for The Federal Republic of Germany

Signed by; Kim Daejeong
Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy, for The Republic of Korea

Minister, it is a privilege to be in communication with you.

Our Ministry has reviewed your proposed list of naming and have agreed with 4/5 of the listings, however, the Ministry of Unification has opted to alter the naming of the last vessel as the Korean word 북한 means North Korea in an unofficial terminology and has widely been seen as offensive and causing disruption in diplomatic meetings with the North. In an attempt to ensure no misunderstanding between Germany, The Republic of Korea, and North Korea, we have opted to choose the Geum River in North Jeolla Province, meaning the Silk River and being a Homonym for Diamond in the Korean language. We believe this is a deeper and meaningful replacement.

My Ministry has taken the liberty of adjusting the current deal, including adding an overview, and adjusting the naming for the ships. I would like to understand if this trade agreement would see 10 ships, five from Korea and five from Germany or 5 from Germany dual-loading, carrying Cargo from Germany to Korea and then on their return carrying cargo from Korea. We believe the second method is more cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and an easier process. To the second issue, of safety and environmental standards, our Ministry of Environment has released the following report that can be distributed amongst your shipping and automobile producers.

His Excellency the President looks forward to an official signing ceremony in the near future, and we hope the proposed language and naming changing to be appropriate and acceptable. Additionally, we believe that the Port of Incheon or the Port of Busan are appropriate locations, for the transfer of cargo to occur between our two countries.

Signed with sincerity,
His Excellency,
Kim Daejeong
Ministry of Trade, Industry, Energy,
Republic of Korea
Seoul, Korea

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1607846339327.png

To: Office of the German Chancellor < Vaka > , JoJaehyuk@ChongriGonggwan.gov < Prime Minister of the Republic of Korea >
CC: LeeBaekjung@mofa.kr.gov, RohSyerah@motie.kr.gov ,Stephan Auer @GermanyEmbassySeoul

Subject: Memorandum of Understanding ROK-UKRAINE

To His Excellency the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of German,

I hope this email finds you in good health and spirits. I am emailing from the Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Korea on behalf of the President's office to discuss a matter of financial aid to Ukraine. The Republic of Korea would like to inquire your government willingness to join the Kingdom of Norway and Republic of Korea in contribution to a $150 million package to Ukraine. The Federal Republic of Germany should it wish to provide a financial package towards Ukraine, it would be in the areas of reforms in justice, prisons, juridical, political integration of all Ukrainians. By splitting the costs, it would be an individual contribution of $50 million per nation. The terms of which shall have been outlined in a Memorandum of Understanding drafted by the Prime Minister's office below. We hope the language is acceptable to Germany and can be approved by the German Government as we intend to bring the draft before the Korean and Ukrainian governments for discussion as well. However, should you not wish to participate, the Government of Korea fully understands this and respects your decision.

Best regards,
Chief Secretary for the Prime Minister
Park Minyoung

Attached Document <Secured and Encrypted>
OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT

Attachments

• 대한민국과 우크라이나 간의 각서.pdf
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 69

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

To: Kim Daejeong, Ministry of Trade, Industry, Energy. Jay

Cc: Helmut Kohl, Klaus Kinkel, Stephan Auer

Subject: New Trade Routes

Good Morning Kim Daejeong,

I have read over the new revised trade agreement sent over by your office and have found it completely acceptable. The name change is completely understandable and we have no issue with that. The five vessels have started construction this morning and should be available to set sail soon. Just to clarify, the five vessels will be dual-loading both Import and export Cargo. This will make the entire process more cost effective and have the least environmental impact. To the other issue, of safety and environmental standards, our Ministry of Economics will have the detailed reports your office provided sent to every automotive manufacturer to assure that all vehicles sent for sell in The Republic of Korea meet all requirements before being loaded for transport. All other manufacturers will be notified of the new safety standards for all exports to Korea to insure all legal requirements are met before they are made ready for sale to the Korean public. If any of these products are found lacking in any of the areas we have laid out today, please contact my office immediately and I will make sure that an investigation is preformed and all affected parties are reimbursed for any losses that might occur. We have also confirmed the Port of Incheon as our port of destination in the Republic of Korea. This is much easier for our vessels coming from the Suez Canal and will lead to faster shipping times along with lower fuel costs. We will contact the national maritime authorities about the creation of these trade routes (OOC: Posting the new Trade Routes to NM) as soon as the Vessels are ready for launch.

As for a formal Treaty Signing, We think that would be a wonderful idea. Both President Roman Herzog and Federal Chancellor Helmut Kohl are currently in the Rattanakosin Kingdom for the Funeral of the Crown Prince. But they would be delighted to come straight to Seoul once their business in Bangkok is complete. They should only be in Bangkok for a few days. They will have plenty of time for a formal meeting with your Government and have a public treaty signing event. We will leave our schedule open and leave all of the details of the meeting up to your office.

Kind Regards,
Günter Rexrodt
Minister of Economics

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

To: Park Minyoung, Chief Secretary for the Prime Minister Jay

Cc: None.

Hello Park Minyoung,

I have read over the financial Aid Package and think it's a wonderful idea. I would like to discuss it in person with President Kim Daejung when we visit Seoul after our trip the Rattanakosin Kingdom. Ukraine is a good friend of Germany and any help they need they will get. Since it will have to have federal funds set aside for the project, it will have to go through the Bundestag (German Federal Parliament). This shouldn't be an issue but it could delay the timing slightly.

I look forward to meeting you and President Kim Daejung in person.

Kind Regards,
Helmut Kohl
Federal Chancellor

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1609274902517.png

To: Office of the German Chancellor < Vaka > , President@Cheongwadae.gov < President of the Republic of Korea > , JoJaehyuk@ChongriGonggwan.gov < Prime Minister of the Republic of Korea >
CC: ParkMinyoung@ChongriGonggwan.gov, BaekJeonghee@mofa.kr.gov, LeeBaekjung@mofa.kr.gov, RohSyerah@motie.kr.gov ,Stephan Auer @GermanyEmbassySeoul

Subject: reMemorandum of Understanding ROK-UKRAINE

OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT DOCUMENT
Office of
The President
of the Republic
of Korea

OFFICIAL INVITATION FOR H.E. CHANCELLOR HELMUT KOHL
OFFICIAL VISIT TO THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA

To His Excellency the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of German,

His Excellency the President thanks you for your willingness to support the financial package towards Ukraine. His Excellency the President has passed these words, "The Republic of Korea hopes that together, we can all propel a new path forward to help end the oppressive regimes that shackle their citizens to the ground as they sit in high chairs. That we can help finance and support the struggling countries that seek to break the chains and lower their hands to help raise their compatriots. The path forward is not reminiscing on the past, and it is not holding into an idea of the future. The path forward is putting the ideas of the future into action, and using the pains of the past to make sure you never stop moving forward. Korea is not a strong country, but it can be. Korea is a country with large wounds, still fresh and open. Yet everyday, the Korean people wake up, go to work, go abroad to the deserts of Saudi Arabia and the Jungles of Vietnam for one purpose, a better tomorrow. I am truly hopeful that together as partners for peace, justice, and progress, we can pull together in advancing the interests of the globe. I hope you will accept my invitation to visit the Republic of Korea with your delegation, and it is my hope that hand in hand we can forge a new friendship towards the future."

I as President of the Republic of Korea, extend my best of wishes during your visit to the Kingdom of Rattanakosin and very much remain happy to extend an invitation to the Republic of Korea. I look forward to signing this trade deal between our two countries as well as any side agreements signed during your time in Seoul. I hope that when we meet, we may formally accept the financial package and declare our intentions.

--
Signed with the highest of respect and hopes,
His Excellency Kim Daejung
President of the Republic of Korea

--
Sent by,
Chief of President's Staff
Kim Jungkwon
Blue House
Seoul, Republic of Korea

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1606507713954.png

To: Günter Rexrodt @MinistryofEconomics | Vaka |
CC: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Environment, LeeBaekjung@mofa.kr.gov, RohSyerah@motie.kr.gov ,Stephan Auer @GermanyEmbassySeoul
BCC KimJaeshin@mofa.kr.gov | KimMinseo@mond.kr.gov |

From: Office of the Minister of Trade, Industry, and Energy, <@KimDaejeong@motie.kr.gov>

Subject: Trade Relations

Good Morning H.E. Minister Rexrodt,

Thank you for the updated information, as it stands, the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy of the Republic of Korea is ready to give green light to take early technical steps i.e notification of national producers, relevant maritime and international bodies, and make a public statement of the deal all of which will take permeant effect upon the signing of the treaty (OCC: Alright for posting of the trade route). Our Ministry has received the relevant reports and are extremely thankful for the documents. I hope that we can move forward with all other technical aspects that you wish to put into motion now and from our end I have approved all measures necessary. Our staff at the Embassy in Berlin is more than equipped to handle any essential matters that require in-person meetings. The Director of the Incheon Port and the relevant Ministries have been notified.

As for the outlined information, we've translated this for other ministries to ensure they have an accurate picture as well. Thank you for the updates and for passing on the important documents to your manufacturers of the safety and other standards required. I have informed the President's office of sending a formal invitation to the Chancellor and President and I will work closely with the delegations to ensure a smooth transition. It would be a privilege to host you as well in Seoul, however, I understand if you must remain in Berlin.

Our Protocol Agents from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are currently planning out the visit and hopefully shall ensure a successful visit and signing ceremony.

Signed with sincerity,
His Excellency,
Kim Daejeong
Ministry of Trade, Industry, Energy,
Republic of Korea
Seoul, Korea

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1609626890285.png

To: German Security Services, Intelligence Agency Vaka
CC: KimHyunjoo@NIS.kr.gov, KimJaeshin@mofa.kr.gov

Subject: Security Arrangements for German Delegation

Security: Private and encrypted Protected by the NIS and MoFA DPB
To whom it concerns,

The Presidential Security Service is the primary agency tasked with protection of foreign dignitaries visiting the Republic of Korea. As the domestic agency you will be dealing with in Korea, I have taken the liberty of opening the discussion for the Chancellor and Federal President's visit to Korea. As you are aware, Seoul is largely a peaceful city, violent crime and generally crime is low in the country. The relevant local agency tasked with policing is the Seoul Metropolitan Police who provide escort for visiting government officials.

From the standpoint of gneral safety, the Chancellor and Federal President do not have to worry. The PSS, KPNA, and NIS are equipped to handle any relevant situation that may threaten the life, safety, or health of the visiting delegation. Primarily, this email seeks to understand if any threats have recently been made against the visiting delegation, if any incidents of concern occurred during their visit to the Kingdom of Rattanakosin, and if any suspected German nationals have visited Korea in the previous 3 months.

As best appropriate, we will based on the provided information take necessary measures including surveillance, interviewing, and if required investigation into possible suspects whom may intend to harm the visiting delegation. Additionally, we require to know your intentions for lodging if you shall accept the President's offer to stay at the President's Official Residence, at the German Embassy, or any other accommodations you shall arrange. We will require at least a week's prior notice so that we may do necessary screenings involving your security coordinator in the Seoul Embassy, as well as secure the premise's exterior.

Additionally, we hope if you can understand the security arrangement from our security perspective, primarily that your security agents will be limited to the arms they carry within the Blue House due to the fact this is the Korean Government's Building. Respecting the nature of our facilities, we'd like to arrange prior to the arrival of the Chancellor the Security arrangement. Limiting each VIP to 2 personal protection agents armed with handguns, this would only apply within the Blue House, once the VIPs leave the Blue House, the relevant German security personnel may be armed with the necessary equipment deemed by your government for the safety of the VIPs.

Now, to discuss the route to the Blue House. The primary path will he the light blue route from Incheon Airport to the Blue House, we have alternative routes Dark Blue and Green in the event we decide to change the route. Additionally, our agents are able to take evasive maneuvers within the city to disguise and protect the VIPS. Please review the attached document for your own understanding.

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 1.47.30 AM.png

1. Arrival on Incheon International Airport
2. Flight line ceremony

President Herzog and Chancellor Kohl will be greeted by welcoming committee that consisting of Prime Minister, Mayor of Seoul, and Chief of the President’s Staff upon arrival to the tarmac, when entering Korean airspace, two Korean TA-50 aircrafts will escort your airplane with priority landing given to your aircraft.
3. President’s arrival
President Kim Daejung will exit the Presidential Palace through the Diplomatic Reception Room shortly before President Herzog and Chancellor Kohl’s arrival to the Presidential Palace. The President will shake hands with President Herzog while Prime Minister Jo will shake hands with Chancellor Kohl in line with diplomatic protocols before they alternate greetings.
3. Welcome
After an exchange of greetings, the President Kim and First Lady of Korea will introduce President Herzog and Chancellor Kohl to the Korean Trade, Economic, and Infrastructure Ministries, who are positioned to the left of the President, The German-Korean community welcoming committee, who are positioned to the right of the reviewing stand. Members of the German community in Seoul whom have been invited by your Embassy will be in attendance.
4. Salutatory
President Kim Daejung and Chancellor Kohl deliver remarks about this Official Visit in front of journalists.
5. Procession
President Kim and President Herzog and Chancellor Kohl will proceed to the Diplomatic Reception Room. President Herzog will be asked to sign and register in the Guestbook.
6. Exchange of gifts
President Kim and President Herzog, and the Chancellor will move to the Guest Reception Room, where the diplomatic gifts will be exchanged and showed to the journalists. The President has been gifted a Korean Ginseng glass as well as a Korean Gat hat, a traditional hat from the Joseon Era, while Chancellor Kohl will be gifted a traditional jar of Kimchi (equivalent to Sauerkraut), as well as a traditional Korean Hanbok for males.
7. State Luncheon
President Kim, President Herzog, and Chancellor Kohl will hold an official luncheon in the Presidential Palace along with the ministers, leaders of the German-Korea community, diplomatic members from the Korean diplomatic community, and invited guests, a performance of Arirang will be performed by So Hyang and the orchestra
8. Korea-Germany Bilateral Summit
In the evening, the President and Chancellor will be asked to attend a summit with President Kim along with the ministers. The summit will talk about agendas issues of Trade, Security, Military. Primarily, arms purchased by the Korean Army, security coordination, the situation in Romania, GAPFOR peacekeeping, and signing the Korea-Germany Free Trade Agreement
9. State Dining
The President and Chancellor ar invited to attend a state dining in the Presidential Palace. The State dining will also invite journalists from various media of Germany and Korea to promote the Trade Agreement, if signed, memorandums on the situation in Romania, and political support for the GA resolutions on Romania
10. Street-lining
President Herzog and Chancellor Kohl will be greeted by children waving flag of Korea and Germany on the street near the War Memorial of Korea
11. Visits to The War Memorial of Koreanand Changdeokgung Palace.
The President and Chancellor are invited to visit the War Memorial of Korea for the Koreans who have been killed in the service of Korea throughout our constant fight for survival. The President and Chancellor will be with the President, National Defense Minister, and Cultural Minister
11. Requests
The German delegation is free to visit any location throughout the visit, the P.S.S., KNPA, and other security agencies will provide escort wherever requested if possible
12. Seoul National University
The Chancellor is invited by the Seoul National University President to provide a special session on unification of Germany, lessons for Korea, and the future for reunification of the Korean Peninsula, this would be led by Korean Professor, and having the Chancellor to provide Q&A, talk briefly on the subject matter, and provide his insight would be most appreciated if accepted.​

Please review the itinerary and respond back with changes or requests so that we can be prepared on our end for arrangements. Special Agent Kim Beomjeok is the attached agent for the Chancellor and Special Agent Kim Sungjoo will be attached for the President. They will be accompanied by 8 personal security agents to provide continual security for the VIPs. Lastly, please ask all relevant questions. Vigilance and Training are the only keys that guarantee the successful security of our respective government officials, I look forward to your cooperation.

Additionally, the VIP's desire for additional gifts, their menu items, allergies, and preferences can be relayed to me, I shall inform the relevant people.

Signed,
Yoo Yeonsang
Chief of the P.S.S
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Republic of Korea
Office of the President of the Republic of Korea
All information is protected from release by the Diplomatic Communications Security Act 1997
Authorized viewing is limited to those directly emailed, cc'd, and bcc'd​

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

To: Yoo Yeonsang, Chief of the P.S.S Jay

Cc: Helmut Kohl,

Good Morning Yoo Yeonsang,

My name is Bernd Weber. I am the chief of Chancellor Kohl's personal security team. I have been forwarded your previous email and have been tasked with contacting you in order to insure a safe and efficient trip to Seoul. I have reviewed the documents you have provided and have found them completely satisfactory. Just to review a few of your concerns you listed. There have not been any threats have recently been made against the visiting Chancellor and President. Terrorism has not recently been a problem for the German People. We still take all precautions should an unknown threat arise. Our security team traveling currently consists of myself and four other security personnel. I will work personally with whom ever your have in charge of the security and both the Chancellor and the President will have two agents assigned to them each. They are only ever equipped with Heckler & Koch P30 Handguns. We trust your level of protection more than sufficient and feel that any more security from our department will be unnecessary. The transportation routes seem completely secure and have no objections to the itinerary.

Regards,
Bernd Weber
Chief of Internal Security

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1609626890285.png

To: Bernd Weber < Vaka >
CC: KimHyunjoo@NIS.kr.gov, KimJaeshin@mofa.kr.gov

Subject: Re:Security Arrangements for German Delegation

Good Evening Chief Weber,

Thank you for the prompt response, as well as your feedback. As for our concerns, they have been completely addressed. At this stage, the NIS does not suspect any Germans in Korea or Koreans to be actively plotting against your chief principles. With this in mind, we continue to act on the side of caution, and will maintain a strong security presence during the duration of the principle's visits. Thank you for the information on your security team, I believe with the current information, we can most optimally provide a security detail without overwhelming the principles and ensure they enjoy their stay.

Thank you for your feedback, and I look forward to seeing you here in Korea.

Signed,
Yoo Yeonsang
Chief of the P.S.S
Republic of Korea
Office of the President
All information is protected from release by the Diplomatic Communications Security Act 1997

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1606507713954.png

To: GDE International Sales < Vaka >
CC: LeeSoohyuck@mofa.kr.gov, Shinpyeongjin@mond.kr.gov

Subject: Arms and Civilian Equipment Purchase

To whom it concerns within the Federal Ministry of Defense and GDE Sales Team,

The Ministry of National of Defense has long considered Germany a strong partner in arms procurement and we hope to establish a healthy relationship of weapons transactions. On the principles of the strong relationship established by our Heads of State, The Republic of Korea would like to make an arms purchase from Germany. The following purchases would be primarily in military-grade equipment as well as specific vehicle procurement for the security of foreign representatives, visiting dignitaries, and government officials of the Republic of Korea.

Please review the attached document and desired price we'd like to purchase the agreement at. For the reasons of national security, we ask that the contents of this document not to be revealed at the senior staff level, and kept strictly confidential due to the nature of the purpose of these purchases. Likewise, we ask that the production process also be protected especially with regards the specific notes.

Lastly, we would like to inquire if Germany has any Mid-range and long-range anti-air or anti-missile. This would make up the third component of our desired purchase, as we seek to expand our air defense capabilities. We hope that Germany could apply a discount to the total cost for all goods once we agree upon the quantity for mid to long range anti-missile capabilities.

I look forward to your response, and to open negotiations on a purchase for the listed quantity,

UNIT

ITEM VARIATION

SPECIFIC NOTES

EXPECTED PURCHASE AMOUNT

TOTAL EXPECTED COST

Mercedes Benz E-250

Armored Vehicle

Armor capabilities to withstand a detonated explosive, high grade armor capabilities capable of running on flat tires
Capacity to withstand a chemical agent through insulated oxygen system

$183,565

Mercedes Benz S400

Armored Vehicle

Armor capabilities to withstand a detonated explosive, high grade armor capabilities capable of running on flat tires

$506,225.9

Mercedes-Benz Sprinter

Armored Vehicle

$108,588.06

Liebherr FKM All-terrain Crane

Engineering Vehicle

N/A

$9,418,150

FAUN SLT-50-3 Elefant

Heavy Vehicle Transportation

N/A

$90,000,000

Total Cost: 100,216,528.96

Unit

Item Variation

Expected Quantity Purchase Amount

Heckler & Koch MP7

Personal Defense Submarine Gun

Heckler & Koch UMP

Personal Defense Submarine Gun

Signed with sincerity,
Park Hyunjin
Minister for National Defense
Seoul, South Korea
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Republic of Korea

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

GDE Logo.jpg

To: Park Hyunjin, Minister for National Defense Jay

Cc:

Hello Park Hyunjin,

My name is Meri Anteerp and I have been assigned to service your military acquisitions account. We are honored to have the Republic of Korea as a trusted customer. We hope that we can help supply the South Korean Defense Forces with the equipment they need to protect the lives of its citizens. I have read over the itemized list you provided totaling $100,216,528.96 and we are prepared to start production as soon as you have transferred the required funds. All of the equipment modifications have been sent to our manufactures and the engineering team there. They will have no problem making these fine pieces of equipment to your exact specifications.

We are currently reassessing our small arms market. We have had some issues with getting the proper international licences required to sell the Heckler & Koch MP7 and Heckler & Koch UMP abroad. (OOC: Gotta get them price checked.) Once they are available I will contact you immediately with pricing and availability.

In regard to Mid-range and long-range anti-air or anti-missiles. We currently have two systems available.

ad_spsam_marder-roland_p05.jpg

Roland 2 Missle System

First we have the Roland 1/2 and the Roland 3. This is the all-weather version mounted on the Marder chassis and also as a shelter mount in either a static location or mounted on a 6×6 or 8×8 all-terrain truck Roland 2 can also fire the Roland 3 missile. The initial missile for the Roland system, entering production in 1977. Roland has a speed of 550 m/s and a range of 6.2 km. Roland 1 and 2 missiles have identical statistics but differ in tracking modes, Roland 1 being optically tracked, while Roland 2 missiles incorporate a continuous wave beacon to allow automatic radar tracking.

Roland 3 – An upgraded missile which entered production in 1988 with speed increased from 550 m/s to 620 m/s and range increased from 6.3 to 8.5 km with maximum effective altitude increased to 6,000 m. Warhead size is also increased to 9.1 kg with 84 hollow-charges. Response time for the first target is quoted as 6–8 seconds with 2–6 seconds for subsequent targets. The Roland 3 missile can be used by all Roland systems.

news-257_2.jpg

Wiesel 2 Air Defence Weapon Carrier (Ozelot)

The second system we offer is the Wiesel 2 Air Defence Weapon Carrier (Ozelot): fitted with air defence missile launchers (two box launchers containing four ready-to-fire FIM-92 Stingers, or, alternatively, number of vertical launch cells with LFK NG missiles).

Specifications (FIM-92 Stinger)Specifications (LFK NG)

Mass: 33.5 lb (15.19 kg)​

Mass: (28 kg)​

Length: 59.8 in (1.52 m)​

Length: (1.8 m)​

Diameter: 2.76 in (70.1 mm)​

Speed: Up to Mach 2.2​

Warhead: High explosive annular blast fragmentation​

The missile features a highly sensitive infrared homing seeker, which is capable of identifying targets with an extremely low infrared signature, such as other missiles or UAVs, but also aircraft and helicopters.​

Range: 25,000 feet (7,600 m)​

LFK NG will also have a penetrator warhead to engage semi-armored targets such as gunship helicopters.​

The Roland 2 is priced at $18,750,000.00 per unit.
The Roland 3 is priced at $23,750,000 per unit.
The Wiesel 2 Air Defence Weapon Carrier (Ozelot) is priced at $2,375,000.00 per unit (With either missile options).

If you are interested in any of these options please let me know and we can add them to your order.

It has been a pleasure working with you today. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Meri Anteerp
International Sales Team
GDE

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1606507713954.png

To Meri Anteerp,

The Ministry of Finance & Trade have confirmed the payment through SWIFT to the GDE, we hope it is received without any complications on your end. Thank you for the necessary additions to the procurement to ensure they reached the set standards our government is seeking. As per the small arms arrangement, we fully understand, and will await the proper licensing agreements to be made. Please do notify us when they are so we can negotiate another purchase for these weapons.

Our Ministry is still reviewing your offer between the Ozeloot, Roland 2 and Roland 3. Could we get a price estimate for a purchase of 25 Roland 3 and 20 Ozelot systems, as well as the possibility to receive a discount on the total price if possible by GDE. For the Ozelot, we would like 16 outfitted with the LFK NG, and 4 outfitted with the stinger-option.

Signed,
Park Hyunjin
Minister of National Defense
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Republic of Korea
Ministry of National Defense

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

GDE Logo.jpg

To: Park Hyunjin, Minister for National Defense Jay

Cc:

Subject:Re: Arms and Civilian Equipment Purchase

Hello Park Hyunjin,

We have received payment and have begun production immediately. We have compiled a full order for the additional military equipment in the configurations you requested. We have secured your office a discount in an effort to thank the Republic of Korea for its continued business and for hopes for future sales. Your new order is as follows.

[25] Roland 3 ($593,750,000.00)
[16] Wiesel 2 Air Defence Weapon Carrier (Ozelot) prefigured for the LFK NG. ($38,000,000.00)
[4] Wiesel 2 Air Defence Weapon Carrier (Ozelot) prefigured for the FIM-92 Stinger. ($9,500,000.00)

Total before Discount: $641,250,000.00
Grand Total: $577,125,000.00

As always, If you have any questions or would like to place a another order, Please email my office and I will handle it personally. Thank you for your continued business with GDE.

Best Regards,
Meri Anteerp
International Sales Team
GDE

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1606507713954.png

To Meri Anteerp,

Our Ministry based on the existing performance of our Roland 2 systems, the financial inventive from your current package, and the existing Korea-Germany relations and our history of purchasing equipment, believes we should proceed with the current arrangement. We hope the addition of Ozelots will be a strong addition to our air defense capacity alongside the Roland and domestically manufactured systems. I look forward to future cooperation between the GDE and Ministry. The Ministry of Finance & Trade have confirmed the second payment through SWIFT to the GDE, we hope it was received likewise without any complications on your end.

Signed,
Park Hyunjin
Republic of Korea
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Republic of Korea