STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Germany] Winter in Germany

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
"That is fair," Georg remarked, "At least there are some countries and their leaders who are willing to acknowledge the past happened, good or bad. I wish I could say the same for parts of Germany."

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
"What makes you say that?" The Sultan enquired inquisitively. "Last I remember, much was done to ensure that Germans, young and old, would never forget the past... Although, it focused solely on one, horrific event."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Perhaps it's the fact that Germany was losing itself after the Reunification. We may not have forgotten the Holocaust, but we most certainly forgot the significance of it when we allowed men like Hertzberg to take power, or when we allowed Merkel to run rampant with our goals and dreams," the Kaiser responded thoughtfully, "And even now...even with a Kaiser back on the throne, I feel that the German people are still lost...and I don't think my leaving of my country helped that sense one bit."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Well, if I was a citizen," The Sultan mused. "I'd rather my anointed sovereign were saved to lead me to victory another day, than remain in a hopeless situation and die a pointless martyr. Yes, we can point at someone who died needlessly and coo about 'how brave' they were... But what good does that do in the long run, when they're gone and nothing was actually gained by their death?"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"I suppose, but at least my people would still be unified even if I did die a martyr," the Kaiser stated bluntly, "People prefer a martyr over their living head of state. It's why Abraham Lincoln is so beloved in the United States, correct? Or, perhaps, why Lenin is still put to rest in-state."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald
"Lincoln is loved in America due to his actions when he was alive, not the circumstances of his death," The Sultan replied. "As for Lenin, he was pickled as a way of preserving him like a god for the state's purposes back when he passed away. The only reason he's still being preserved now is because he's now a historical artifact. Plus, he makes plenty of money for Russia by having him as a tourist attraction."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"And isn't that what a martyr is?" Georg questioned, "A man or woman who died tragically, but is remembered for the legacy that they left behind in life, and are mourned in death? Regardless, it doesn't necessarily matter...at least I'm alive, and Germany still has a chance for survival." The Kaiser then turned away from the bed and left the room, waiting for the Sultan to follow so that he could show him to where the living quarters of the palace was: the dining hall, the bedrooms, and perhaps any living rooms that would be of interest to the Kaiser and his children.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"A martyr is a person who, in the pursuit of their cause, gives their life. A prime example of this is a young British suffragette, who threw herself under the king's race horse. She was trampled to death. It's the act of death highlighting the value one places in a cause that makes them a martyr.

Suffice to say, you dying of hypothermia would be meaningless, because no one can control the weather."

The Sultan was turned around by his daughter and pushed to the rooms The Kaiser and his family would reside in throughout their stay, as well as other important rooms.

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
After the tour, the Kaiser thanked the Sultan kindly for allowing him and his family to stay with him before settling in. In the weeks that followed, he had gotten more news on the situation in Germany, and after a call with the Reich Chancellor, it was clear that something was needed to jump-start the German economy. In the early morning of an April day, he went on a hunt for the Sultan around the palace, hoping to speak to him in private about the German economy, and potentially an improvement of relations via helping out a country in need.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald
The Kaiser discovered The Sultan in the dining room eating breakfast, a plate of kedgeree, a mixture of flaked fish, peas, sweet corn, boiled egg and rice.

"Good morning, Your Majesty," He greeted, while waving his fork at a serving dish filled with the breakfast item. "Please, take a seat! The kitchen staff have made kedgeree, an old British breakfast item. I do believe they must have concocted it while they ruled India."

Last edited:

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Thank you. I suppose this can...take away from the stress, as of the moment," the Kaiser sighed, taking a seat at the table and took from the serving dish some of the kedgeree that was suggested. Upon giving it a try, the Kaiser couldn't say that he was a fan, but he wasn't gagging, so there was that.

"It's not a taste that I think is for me, but I can see how you enjoy it, your Majesty," the Kaiser admitted with a nervous chuckle, still eating the meal before him, as he did not wish to be rude and because he had not yet eaten breakfast.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Yes, it can be a bit bland for some," The Sultan remarked, while pushing a bottle of soy sauce towards The Kaiser. "Try seasoning it with this, that might help with it."

The aging monarch then readjusted his pince-nez spectacles, so he could continue reading the newspaper.

"Germany appears to have taken a big hit due to the weather," He remarked. "Understandable, considering the entire country was frozen in place for over a month."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
The Kaiser looked to the bottle before he took it and dripped a couple of drops onto the dish. The dish, now with a saltier taste, at least had a bit more flavor to it.

"Indeed...and unfortunately, economists are saying that a full recovery won't be possible for the next few years," Georg bluntly said after he swallowed.

"The Reich Chancellery called me last night...they said that there are riots in Berlin. People are demanding money I can't provide for them, and the police have had to pacify several major riots within the past few weeks." He took another bite of his food, contemplating on how to broach the situation to the aging Sultan.

"I'm losing my people Süleyman...news agencies are already beginning to compare the government to the Weimar Republic, and I've been hearing talks of bills being submitted to the Reichstag by local parliaments to allow local governments to take a more autonomous approach." He took a moment to breathe before standing from the table and walking over to the Sultan.

"Your Majesty, I need your help. I know I am not the only country going into debt thanks to the winter, but I feel that I have taken a larger public relations fallout than the others that were affected so far...if I can't pay back Germany's citizens, I may not be able to keep Germany unified, and we are back to where we were before: infighting regimes, all seeking to take control of one over the other."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"Hmmmm... You flatter me with your assumption that I have the power to help," The Sultan mused. "I may have the power to pass law by decree, if I so desire, however I cannot overturn The Constitution that imbues me with that power. It is beyond a doubt that if I tried, I would be stripped of my authority by those who are more concerned about Turkey, than the welfare of others."

Pausing to take a sip from a cup of tea that was accompanying his meal, he pointed at the tea pot close by.

"Please, do help yourself to tea, if you're thirsty," He said before continuing with the discussion. "I, personally, cannot help you, however I do know of a number of people who might."

As if on cue, a man walked silently into the dining room. Dressed in a stylish black suit and champagne coloured tie, with black leather gloves on his hands, he took a seat beside The Sultan, while the monarch spoke.

Hakim%20Usta.png

"This is one such man," Süleyman stated. "Your Majesty, I'd like to introduce you to Hakim Usta. He is one of a number of people who have been entrusted with the position of ambassador. Unlike Doctor Mason, who is assigned to be Turkey's representative in Germany, Mr. Usta is... Unique."

Hakim chuckled quietly, before raising a gloved hand slightly.

"Your Majesty," He said in an oily voice. "You give me too much credit. I merely frame the problems that require my attention in a light that will make the solution we want the most appealing. It is a skill, yes, but an easy one to learn."

"That may be, but it WAS you who persuaded the dissenting voices in government to accept Doctor Mason's suggestion to allow refugees in."

Hakim nodded slowly in understanding.

"True, but that was incredibly easy," He countered. "After all, such a suggestion was charitable... And cheap. In this instance, you are hoping for far more."

The ambassador's gaze met The Kaiser's. It was a cold, almost reptilian gaze that bore into the soul.

"It was easy to frame the idea of letting in fleeing Germans as a charitable exercise that would win votes at the next election," He explained to the German. "However, it is a completely different subject to request that we, in effect, bail you out."

A smile cracked across Hakim's face.

"Before you ask that question, it is my business to know everything, Your Majesty," He stated bluntly. "I am aware of the fact that a number of European nations are, due to the economic disruption of the unnatural weather, currently struggling financially. I am also aware of the... Unique... Political situation in German regarding your function... your purpose... And the questions being asked due to your sound, and rational, decision to flee what you could not influence."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
"Well," the Kaiser began, "If you are aware of it, and understand the threat of another social and governmental collapse from Germany, how do you think you could frame another act of charity for the Reich? After all, with the weather clearing up, I may be returning within a few days to an angry populace, and a nation in debt." Georg looked to the ambassador with an equally cold stare,l after asking the question, but unlike the man before him, his own emotions betrayed fear in his eyes. Hakim scared him, and as Emperor of the German Reich, he shouldn't be scared of anything.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"It is difficult, but not impossible," He responded nonchalantly. "I am certain... With the right contractual terms... That individuals who would rather we kept our money for ourselves would be persuaded to support it. Humans are an inherently selfish creature that are easily manipulated by pandering to those self-centres desires.

As such, I firmly believe that with some cajoling, I can secure the funds you need. All that is required is a number from you detailing how much money you need, and the provision of collateral to act as security, in the unlikely event Germany is unable to fulfil their obligations for this small, but essential, loan."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
The Kaiser thought for a moment, his mind racing on what could potentially be used as collateral. Germany had nothing...the defence companies that had made German military equipment had made certain that any equipment that was with the Bundeswehr had been confiscated, and was likely to be sold to foreign markets if his Generals couldn't get their shit together.

"Well...as far as I am aware, we are at least 3-billion US dollars in-debt...my country would require a 4 billion dollar contribution that we could pay back in a monthly or bi-monthly — as in every two months — schedule with added interest...the big question is what you would consider collateral? There's nothing that Germany can offer as collateral unless we know exactly what Turkey would be looking for security-wise."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald
Hakim listened intently, while scribbling on a piece of paper. The Sultan was wheeled out of the room by a footman, while The Kaiser and Hakim were busy, ensuring his disappearance wouldn't be discovered until he was already gone.

"Well, the first thing that springs to mind is the plans and production rights for every military product currently owned by Germany," He remarked. "I have here a draft of the loan agreement for you to look at."

He then pushed the piece of paper he'd been scribbling on towards The Kaiser for him to read.

This document formalises a legally binding contract between Turkey and Germany, henceforth referred to as the lender and the borrower respectively.
  1. Both parties in this agreement affirm that they will abide by the terms of this agreement, and fulfil them, fully and in a reasonable time-frame.
  2. The lender agrees to provide the borrower with $4,000,000,000, at a fixed interest rate of 10%. As such, the amount requiring repayment to the lender is $4,400,000,000.
  3. The borrower agrees to surrender the production rights to items matching the terms listed below. These will be held in trust by the lender as security against the loan until it has been repaid in full.
    1. Any and all items of a military nature that have ever been created by citizens of Germany, and its predecessor states.
  4. The lender, while acting as trustee for the military equipment listed above, will not prohibit the borrower, or others with access to them, from producing the military items that they are the trustee for. The lender will not use the production rights they are holding as security while the borrower is abiding by the terms of this agreement.
  5. In the event that the borrower defaults on their obligations, the productions rights being held in trust by the lender will become their property in perpetuity.
  6. Upon receipt of final repayment, the lender will return the production rights they have been holding in trust for the borrower, formally concluding the obligations set out in this agreement.
Signed:
Hakim%20Usta%27s%20Signature.png
Turkish Ambassador​

_________________​
_________________​

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
The Kaiser looked through the document, suspicious if there were any loopholes that could be utilized to make Germany even more vulnerable. However, even if he did agree to it on his own, he wanted the advice of his government before moving forward with it.

"Well, this seems like a sound agreement...but, and I hope you do understand, I should consult my Cabinet before agreeing to such a contract. If anything, I could take a copy back to Berlin with me and have my Financial Minister contact you...if that's alright, mind you."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
Nodding, he reached into his pocket and retrieved his business card and a printed copy of the agreement he had "just written".

"Of course, Your Majesty," he replied. "That is not the only thing I wish to discuss with you. As you are probably aware, Turkey is undergoing a rebirth of its armed forces. One such initiative is to create indigenously designed firearms. One design we believe could be used is the classic Luger. We are convinced that we can modernise it with features like a double stack magazine to increase the ammunition capacity to 15 from the basic 8 and so forth.

However, we need a Luger, and the schematics of the firearm to reverse-engineer, simplify and modernise it."

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear